Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What's the deal with Primal? Why is his movement so messed up compared to... Essentially other bot?

Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
edited July 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I know this has been discussed in the past a lot forgive me I wasn't really on the forums like that.

Why has his "sticky feet" not been fixed? I try and swipe up and he it's like it's delayed, he just sits there. He's not even clunky, he just doesn't move when u want.

I was just struggling evading basic projectiles while swiping up against cheetor. What's the deal?

Appreciate all the responses ahead of time but also why is there such a lack of responses from the mod staff or development staff? Mike or whoever else. I've made several topics of late that have gotten a high content reading, one even has a poll of 98% yes and still no response from kabam as to whether it's even being considered or not. I don't appreciate that.

Is all this pointless or do they actually listen?
Tagged:

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    I have him as a 5* and play with him a lot and have not noticed any sticky feet.
  • Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
    edited July 2018
    I have him as a 5* and play with him a lot and have not noticed any sticky feet.

I've maybe only used him less than 10 times other than basic area fights but there shouldn't be an adjustment period as far as movement is concerned.

I don't know maybe it was just one fight against cheetor but I don't think so. You're able to zip in and out the same way you would og, drift, ratchet, galv...?... hell mixmaster?

I finished the fight with og, cheetor was at 54% --- I got hit only 4 times, got caught with one combo... With my 5* primal I got hit 37 times. I couldn't even swipe up to avoid a basic ranged attack. 37.

What else could it be :o
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I’ve noticed that you can’t quickly sidestep in a row with Primal like the rest of the bots. You have to time your swipes, you can’t just swipe-swipe-swipe. You have to wait till his sidestep animation finishes and then you can sidestep again. After I adjusted to this with him, I’ve been able to dodge things except for Hound’s S2.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah his timed swipes make him a horrible choice for the ranged lane in AM. Don't even bother using him on a ranged mod; he won't dodge it.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I’ve noticed that you can’t quickly sidestep in a row with Primal like the rest of the bots. You have to time your swipes, you can’t just swipe-swipe-swipe. You have to wait till his sidestep animation finishes and then you can sidestep again. After I adjusted to this with him, I’ve been able to dodge things except for Hound’s S2.

That's ridiculous. They need to fix this. So we have to limit our defensiveness lol :( smh

@Synthwave even hound moves better than him. It doesn't make sense.why haven't they addressed this?

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    He was actually fixed on one of the more recent updates, but it seems it was only temporary. He has since reverted to having sticky feet issues for most of the player community
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Its not just Primal. I've had problems like that with Dinobot, Waspinator, and earlier this morning, Shockwave. And its not limited to swipe, its moments where nothing works, no block, no heavy, no attacks and no control when the bot moves back and forth on their own or refuses to move or block and just stand still.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Kickback and Ramjet also suffer from weird movements as well. Kickback's sidesteps seem to take too long so that he can't counter afterwards and Ramjet's sidestep+counters often just whiff.

I don't know if it's an intentional design on the part of the devs, but it just seems like some bots move better or more smoothly than others and I don't know why.
  • CONTRACONTRA Posts: 23
    Every beast wars character has the same movement problem. There is a need to wait for the sidestep animation to stop to make the next sidestep, which becomes problematic to dodge quick ranged attacks
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    I have issues with him when play against him.... His movement, you can say, hypnotize the eye, his movement are too add to figure out what he's doing
    edited August 2018
    Is this going to be addressed at all? He just needs a slight tweak/adjustment to his movement. Should be an easy fix.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    His level 2 special still has problems connecting after a successful combo
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    It's because they make him move like a gorilla even though he's not actually a primate. If they made him move like a normal bot there probably wouldn't be an issue.
    edited September 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    It's because they make him move like a gorilla even though he's not actually a primate. If they made him move like a normal bot there probably wouldn't be an issue.

I haven't had a mod respond to a SINGLE one of my topics since I joined these forums. You wanna talk about neglecting and outright disrespecting your premier fan base....? Smh

Not a single [Removed by Moderation] response. But they can comment about who their favorite transformer is or something ridiculous like that.

Oh but they don't hesitate to warn me when I God forbid do something so outlandish like make the wrong topic in the wrong section. Hold the presses...
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited September 2018
    Same_ol_G wrote: »
    I haven't had a mod respond to a SINGLE one of my topics since I joined these forums. You wanna talk about neglecting and outright disrespecting your premier fan base....? Smh

Not a single [Removed by Moderation] response. But they can comment about who their favorite transformer is or something ridiculous like that.

Oh but they don't hesitate to warn me when I God forbid do something so outlandish like make the wrong topic in the wrong section. Hold the presses...

I think there are a team of mods who just handle the forums -- closing threads, moving threads, warning, etc. -- and there are some mods who work with the dev team and the like. The latter is May be Caught up with Other Crazy issues and don't have the free cycles to chime in here.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Same_ol_G wrote: »

Not a single fucking response. But they can comment about who their favorite transformer is or something ridiculous like that.

I think there are a team of mods who just handle the forums -- closing threads, moving threads, warning, etc. -- and there are some mods who work with the dev team and the like. The latter is May be Caught up with Other Crazy issues and don't have the free cycles to chime in here.

this post gives me smiles
  • Hello Same_ol_G,

I am sorry for the delayed response. I know it is frustrating when the bots are seemingly not behaving as intended. I am going to go ahead and send this issue to the Support Team so that they can have a look at the problem. Thank you for your patience while we work to get this sorted out.
This discussion has been closed.