Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bots still defying physics

Comments

• KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Had Cheetos backstep out of a combo twice in one fight today, despite no break in between the attacks, and prowl manage to block a special straight after a combo. Kinda annoying that it happened, but nothing significant came immediately after. Both fights on expert.

Any mods able to confirm if these issues are being looked into? This thread has been up a few days now, surely someone has seen it, and the variety of the problems is growing. If autoblock is going to be a thing in tftf, or a small random chance to evade for the ai, then please tell us, if it’s part of the difficulty of expert/master, rather than us listing out bugs

Sounds like feral strike triggered to me.
  • 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited September 2018
    OK Kabam, something SERIOUSLY needs to be done about this already, as it's clearly gone WAY too far.

Today I had my entire team wiped out by two SHARKTICONS. A demo shark and a tech shark, neither with ANY ability or mod that would allow them to do so, each took out half my team by block-attacking (mysteriously block a successful combo attack mid-stream and INSTANTLY be able to counter with no delay or block animation), miraculously dodging out of successfully combo'd specials, landing STREAMS of combo-attacks before I can even stand from a knockdown much less be able to block, and launching their own SP attacks FROM THEIR BACK without ever performing a get-up.

I can say with absolute certainty that the issue is NOT lagg or latency related, as my device exceeds the recommended specs, plays the game flawlessly, and my connection is prime. And considering the MASSIVE number of reports from other players describing EXACTLY the same issues, this is clearly a malfunction in the game itself.

This has become BEYOND RIDICULOUS and needs IMMEDIATE attention as this could not possibly be working as intended (if Kabam has any integrity that is), and is game-breaking like no other issue in the game.

@Kabam Miike - please, PLEASE do something about this.

Thank you.
  • @dr shotgun I believe unfazed requires the evade ability, rather than just dodging the attack. I definitely didn’t use an evade bot, I can’t remember what one I did use but not evade.

@Kenny I guess that makes sense with cheetor, but still doesn’t explain prowl. I remember getting sequencer proc for the special which is why it was so perplexing as to how he blocked it.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    @Mr_Wonderful from my experience if you do a combo into a special, and if the opponent blocks the special and not the combo, there was simply to much time in between your last hit of the combo and special activation. Without somehow seeing that battle you had I can’t confirm that’s what happened though.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    My last report is Tantrum triggering his sp3 while his head was knocked back from Galvatrons foot....triggered DURING a hit
    edited September 2018
    Know what would be [Removed by Moderation] awesome??...an actual response from someone monitoring this thread...a "hey we're not ignoring you"...since half the people on this thread have specifically asking questions. It's bad form to ignore someone speaking to you.
  • Don't complete combo before special. Hit the special button after 4 hit of combo. This may not give them time to recover. After 5 hit combo, your bot kinda goes to cool down for microseconds, and opponent comes to their senses.
    Someone mentioned in my other post about the knockout punch about AM Primal being able to land damaging hits and heal AFTER the timer has ended and the match was over.
    Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not the guy in my team that handles Primal so I don't know.
  • Hello Commanders!

We completely understand how frustrating it can be to feel like you are fighting against an unstoppable force. It can be pretty disheartening to feel like you're putting your all into something and still lose. We would love to have our Team investigate into this though and see if there might be something unintentional happening here. With that said, we will need your help to get the information we need in order to look into this.

Can you provide us the following information:

Where this is happening. Is it in the quests? Event quests? Arena?
    What difficulty are you at?
    Who are you facing? I understand you were against a Sharkticon, DrShotgun, but what other Bots are you experiencing this with?
    Who are you using when this happens?
    How are you connected?
    Hello Commanders!

We completely understand how frustrating it can be to feel like you are fighting against an unstoppable force. It can be pretty disheartening to feel like you're putting your all into something and still lose. We would love to have our Team investigate into this though and see if there might be something unintentional happening here. With that said, we will need your help to get the information we need in order to look into this.

Who are you facing? I understand you were against a Sharkticon, DrShotgun, but what other Bots are you experiencing this with?
    How are you connected?

There's a long list of specific battles in this thread. It seems to be happening mostly in higher level spotlight missions and it's been going on for a while now. It seemed to have slowed last spotlight but since the update it's come back in FULL force.
  • @Kabam Rimehaven

First of all, thank you for acknowledging this thread and hopefully getting the ball rolling on SOMETHING that leads to a fix. We ALL appreciate it.

- I personally have experienced these issues in Alliance Missions, Spotlight Missions, Story Missions, Raids, and Arenas
    - AM levels are 21+, Spotlights are Master and Expert for sure, but on rare occasion Hard has shown some fishy behavior as well
    - After seeing it happen against Sharkticons, I can now truly say that it happens with ANY opponent controlled by the AI
    - I have experienced these issues using just about every bot I can think of, so I would say its NOT limited to particular bots

I'm sure it doesn't seem helpful to get the "it happens everywhere, against everything, all the time" kind of answer, but in this case it truly is the answer. Best I can say is that some of the more basic problems (like SP dodging) are prevalent to some degree at all levels from easiest to hardest. But in all, the myriad of issues listed in this thread happen more and more often the higher the difficulty level you go, especially at Expert and Master difficulty Spotlights.

Given the wide range of situations in which these things happen, I'd hazard to guess that the problem isn't a particular bug in a specific bot or difficulty, but instead lies in the AI mechanics itself and increases in frequency as the difficulty raises.

Hope this helps, and thanks again.
  • Don't complete combo before special. Hit the special button after 4 hit of combo. This may not give them time to recover. After 5 hit combo, your bot kinda goes to cool down for microseconds, and opponent comes to their senses.

I've been employing the "launch your SP a tad early" tactic for some time now specifically to combat exactly what you said, however this issue goes beyond that and the AI STILL finds a way to dodge out of what should be impossible for it to do so.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Hello Commanders!

How are you connected?

unless each bot has it's only fighting code..it's not a specific bot issue. the issue is in the code..it is giving the NPC bot almost no delay in entering input commands. @CandKane explained it very well in his post. This "zero" delay allows them to block, dodge, attack at split seconds that we can never do because the code has to register our input commands. You can tell because it's quicker than the animations (hence defies physics). If you multiply this with the lag..it's even worse. As difficulty goes up, it's understood that the enemies will be more "God" like but this is a bit tad out of hand.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Someone mentioned in my other post about the knockout punch about AM Primal being able to land damaging hits and heal AFTER the timer has ended and the match was over.
    Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not the guy in my team that handles Primal so I don't know.

That was probably me, and I can tell you that it happens virtually every AM. Using Ratchet I tend to have the fight expire as many as 2-3 times before I'm actually able to whittle away at his HP enough to get him out of phase1 (can Ratchet get a little buff to dmg please?), and I can say for sure that if Primal ever fires off an attack at the buzzer you can be damned sure its going to damage you. And when its an SP2 or SP3 that is a VERY big deal. Not to mention that in phase4 I think it is, if he's healing as the timer expires, the heal doesn't stop until its finished.
  • Hello Commanders!

How are you connected?

I’ll go over what I remember.

Vs sideswipe (arena)
    Sideswipe randomly went unstoppable during a dash when my bot wasn’t an evade bot, which means unfazed shouldn’t have been a factor (I believe).

Vs cheetor, using grimlock (expert spotlight)
    Randomly evading during a combo twice (although feral strike was mentioned as a possible reason. My cheetor isn’t duped so I can’t check the description).

Vs prowl, expert spotlight
    Prowl managed to pull a block up immediately after my combo, which stopped my special, despite me havin activated sequencer. I definitely hit the special straight after the combo, there was no gap.

Thankfully nothing came of any of this, but it still needs looked at. Along with everything else in this thread.
  • Hello Commanders!

How are you connected?

Like others have said, it seems to be a timing issue mostly on the highest level opponents (Master Ch. 3 is where I almost always encounter it, and sometimes even on the hardest path of the final Expert mission).

The issue is just that the AI opponent enters moves so fast that it doesn't behave like any other AI in the game. Such as...

- you can't string combos against them even when there's zero delay in player input
    - the AI can land multiple combo strings in a row even when you never stop holding the screen to block
    - the AI can somehow dodge out of, or block, specials mid-combo even though they don't have evade powers
    - the AI can fire ranged shots well within the melee range and then immediately be hitting you with a melee combo even though distance between players hasn't changed

It just seems like the AI response speed is so tuned up that the player can't register commands that would otherwise work everywhere else in the game.

Like I said earlier, if this was on purpose to make these levels extra hard, so be it. Clearly there are many variations on how quickly and intelligently the AI plays.

But we would like it acknowledged that the AI in certain levels is going to have game mechanic-breaking "powers" that they don't have elsewhere.

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited September 2018
    Got another one to add, and a very strange one. In arena, sideswipe just went unstoppable during a dash. Completely random. Please look at this kabam, as obviously that’s not a spotlight mod that’s doing this. Neither does sideswipe have unstoppable.

Edit. I was facing sideswipe, not using him.

Ahh, yes.
    Any 5* Grindor, Boney or Crabatron automatically dodges my SP2 Crab attack, despite taking first 2 hits, then kills me with their own SP.
    On 1% life, just to take the mickey.
    Always on Arena levels above 12.
    Here's today's Godlike bug....Mixmaster on Expert 4* lane on the final field vs my Shockwave. Everytime I dodged a rush, my bot would dodge TWICE...allowing Mixmaster to gain the next string of hits. If enterncommands to dodge once, I expect my bot to only sidestep once so that I can counter, but no, I get two sidesteps.
    So now that we have a giant and ongoing log available and we've gotten acknowledgment from the mods, is there an update?
  • AM map 3.15 - My G1 Prime vs AI Brawler Sharkticon.
    Shark was hit by 1st hit of my SP2 but instablocked the 2nd and 3rd hit for no apparent reason (no mod, skill, buff or bonus).
    I've said this before elsewhere in the forum - if these glitches are a game mechanic then they should also be available to the player, otherwise it's just cheating, cheesing, unfair and a terrible way to give the impression of an increasing difficulty instead of a genuinely improving AI. It rapidly turns players off.
    Today's cheat:
    Raids...my 4* 5/50 Hot Rod vs 5* 2/20 Arcee with LGM mod.
    Arcee triggers sp3 WHILE the ranged shots was hitting her... animation actually bled through into the sp3 animation.
    Mods....we're tired of this being ignored.
    My Galvatron vs Dinobot in todays arenas.... Dinobot triggers sp3 while Galvatrons foot is in his head knocking it back
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Today's cheat:
    Raids...my 4* 5/50 Hot Rod vs 5* 2/20 Arcee with LGM mod.
    Arcee triggers sp3 WHILE the ranged shots was hitting her... animation actually bled through into the sp3 animation.
    Mods....we're tired of this being ignored.

This specific situation happens to me ALL THE TIME!.. I've commented about it months ago. Even screen captured. So many times the AI is activating the special but the animation hasn't actually initialized on screen yet, so I have bullets flying right through the bot even though the animation of the special hasn't initiated yet.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Master spotlight chapter 1.2 buff duration path.
    I used a 4/40 g1 prime against the brawler shark on this path. I used a sp2 out of a 7 hit combo with no delay after I was done with the combo but the shark somehow blocked it. I then used a sp1 out of a 7 hit combo and again the shark proceeded to block it and counter. How am I supposed to fight the bots and the game?
    Today's ridiculous cheat:
    AM field 2 Sideswipe vs my Hot Rod. Sidswipe begins the fight before the KO is off the screen. He begins his attack like a split second before the match begins, then I get him down to 3% health and my so button stops working and he triggers his sp3 as he's being nailed in the head....which should've been the kill shot, of course animation bleeds over also, and I lose the match...in AM. This is kind of a big deal.
    Any updates Mods? Will I get an answer this time and not have to use "key words and tricky phrases?"
  • 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited September 2018
    AM Primal... once again... simultaneously blocks the 3rd hit of my 5-hit combo, and instantly begins his own 5-hit combo followed by an sp2... of course while he's double-buffed in phase 2 (another well documented bug) with increased melee dmg AND increased sp dmg, and subsequently basically one-shots my 5/5 G1Prime.

Soooooo sick of this.
    Today in AM Cheetor became invincible at 27%. I was landing critical from Hot Rod and it registered damage but the health bar didn't move, and of course lost the fight.
    Something needs to be done QUICKLY
    @Kabam Rimehaven , is there any updates or has this been swept under the rug? Seems we have MORE than enough examples of things happening to make a legitimate case.
  • Hello Commanders!

How are you connected?

The defect is in the whole game, it is not in one or another specific situation.

It occurs on all devices and all types of connection and on all levels of difficulty, but is more noticeable at higher levels because the damage is more noticeable.

Personally I play on 3 different devices and I hear the same complaints from everyone I know that play this game; EVERYONE !
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Hello Commanders!

How are you connected?

1. Usually Arena Fights. On 8 winning streak and above. Also during Spotlight Missions on higher difficulties.
    2. Doesn't matter whom. It's terrible when it's against an expert+ boss or Arena opponent with twice your rating!
    3. Effects MANY bots.
    4. Connected via WiFi or 4G.
    Here's today's physics buster...
    Raid: final bot was a 4* 5/50 sign 15 Waspinator on a 3* HA.
    He came back per his sig and I hit him with a Grimlock sp1...100% chance to inflict burn...but it didn't. He didn't burn. I win the match but it's small glitches like this that can cause a failed raid, failed AM match, or spotlight KO.