Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Ok this cash grab is going a bit too far

2»

Comments

• Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    So, back to my "conversation" with OVERKILL..I'm happy you "fell" better, but no, I couldn't be bothered to read your rant when I hit the incessant whining remark. Youre obviously on the jock of the powers that be so nothing you say after that point really matters, because out of this entire thread so far it's you and a couple more that actualy don't agree with my stance. We're feeling milked.
    I agree that the game needs a cash injection but players aren't the only ones that pay the bills. Advertisers pay bank to have their 30 seconds ads play every day. Why do you think we're compensated to watch them?
    Heer yah gow....sum Moor mispillin foar yah tah post abowt.
    Fell better steel?
    I do, since all you could pick apart was one mispelled word. Btw, being a douche isn't how you get people to er your point.
  • Options
    Synthwave wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    This is GOOD for the game.
    $$$ Players can have at em now, we'll getting for him next week. Via GRIND.
    The game/devs need a cash injection, even i understand the need.
    WHY else should they work? This is a quality game, and to ensure development, the programmers need pay. Nothing comes free.

Marketing is free though. As in:

"Hey guys, in order to celebrate a new game mode we're currently developing right now, we're going to be doing some promotional events. You can have a chance to get an early-release 5 Star Megatronus and we're going to be doing a crystal event where the top 3 alliances who win will get a never-before-released 5 Star Generations Optimus Prime!"

Until I see something akin to this, my wallet will stay closed. As it stands now, this feels like nothing more than good old-fashioned carpet-bagging to me; and this is coming from someone who wants to see the game succeed. Releasing T3A's when there's no present content worthy of an r4 5 Star to use on is fishy as hell and makes zero sense from a game progression/marketing standpoint.

Now they're making an incredibly powerful bot everyone thought would be an NPC boss character available as a playable one and making the one currently released bot everyone thought would be released last (Generations Optimus Prime) as a 5 Star that can only be won by whaling out on.

It could all be a big coincidence, but it's forcing a lot of us to jump to some very negative conclusions that could easily be dispelled simply by having their marketing department release something similar to the above statement. I'd like to think that any mobile gaming company would treat their paying customers like investors because if investors want to continue to invest in something, they're going to need reassurances from time to time that what they're investing in is still going to be around in the future. So when you, as an investor stop receiving reports about how the thing you're investing in is doing, you should start to get worried.

7.0 was supposed to be such a communique to the player base that said "hey, we're doing great, Forged to Fight is going strong and here's the proof that it is; thank you for your support and we hope you continue to invest with us." Did we get that? Did we get anything close to that? I think the safe answer there is no, we didn't. What we did get was an update that felt like 6.4 and now these promos, which when taken together, feel more like the failing furniture store down the street with the sign up in the window that says, "Going out of Business Sale: Everything Must Go!"

I'm hoping that in a few weeks time I will be eating these words; I really am. You may not get an apology from me, but I'll happily eat the words.

I enjoy playing this game with all the people I've play it with. I've enjoyed starting a YouTube channel that talks about the game. But without a statement that says, "here's the game mode(s)/content that are coming down the pipe", all of this: the T3A's, the release of Megatronus, the early release of 5 Star OG, just feels like a liquidation sale to me and that's very out of character with a development team that has been so careful with things like bot balancing and attention to game progression.

We need to be reassured, Kabam, not like we're feeling milked one last time before we enter the slaughterhouse.

@Kabam Miike

Not "everyone" thought Megatronus would not be playable. Yeah with the mods he is on, he seems super strong but otherwise I don't think he is so much stronger than others. There are a lot of super strong bots in this game but you've gotten used them. You've never "one-shotted" bots with Ironhide before? Should Bonecrusher be playable? If you don't play him right, he could realistically beat you without landing a single hit and he can practically win you a fight without landing a hit either.

I don't know what the deal is with people convinced this game is dying? Selling T3 Alphas for $100 ($140 in Canada) doesn't strike me as a going-out of-business sale. They'd be MUCH cheaper.

If you can clear all the content available without a T3 Alpha, hey more power to you. I am sure there are many people that can't. Even some of the best players out there ended up spending energon to clear ROK or ROTK, would have been less likely with 5* bots.
This discussion has been closed.