Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

KABAM WE NEED A PRACTICE MODE

2»

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2018
    Sycko5 wrote: »
    You have pleanty of ways practice. Arena, raids, spotlight. We don’t need a stand alone mode, we can’t even get new content out in a timely manner.

Heck, you even have RoK to practice in!

RoK does not suffice. You take a 5 hit combo from Mixmaster or one special and you die. If you're a lower level player then forget it. There needs to be a mode where there is no stakes involved at all
    RoK bots have really High Health, but hey, their Attack Rating is okay.
    That's what we call Practice, learn to dodge and Perfect a Fight.
    So far, I've guessed you want a mode where you fight using a bot in which you can hit 20 hits per 50 hits you take instead of hitting 20 hits per 2 hits you take.
    So, what's the point of collecting and leveling bots if you can just spend whole game playing any bot you want.
    Kenny elaborated this A bit more below
    If you're really high on practice mode. It should be like fight against what you have.
    If you have a r4 4* RHINOX ,that's all you can fight against (with same mastery bonus),, it depends upon it select a 3* or 2* bot from your roster to get the competition.
    Use Your bot against YOUR OWN Bots.
    And it'll give reasons for collecting 2*/3*
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Not going to lie I skipped most of the comments here, because it’s the same-ish stuff over and over. That said I’ll drop my two cents simply because I want to.

Is there a need for a practice mode? Not at all.
    Would it be useful? Yes, definitely.
    Would I use it? Never.

For me, practicing is more of the basics in a fight; such as sidestepping, backstepping, combos, countering, baiting specials, etc. it is not the nitty gritty “what’s the best way to counter motormaster unstoppable?”.

I believe that the best two places to practice in the game right now is chapter 3 of master and rotk, because outside of top ranking alliances they have the highest stats you’ll find. The nice thing is they are very punishing if you make a mistake, so you learn quickly what the “do’s” and “don’ts” are.

Personally I used rulers of Kaon to practice when I was less expierienced. I got down the basics of the game, these transfer from bot to bot. Meaning that even though I learned them on mixmaster, they transfer to sideswipe, grindor, or whoever else you want to go up against.

This is why I’m happy without a practice mode, the things you need to practice transfer from every bot.
  • ktomov wrote: »
    If "this guy" is referred to me, I would like to say, that I haven't flagged you. That proves your missusage of hypocrite here and there. You've thrown some pretty good adjectives though. Classy. If you can't prove a point, attack and insult them. That'll work out well.

I also acknowledge the fact that it may not have been you by saying "if it wasnt this guy then same logic apploes to whomever did." So no im not being a hypocrite here. You're the one who's failed to prove a point and shown your foolishness by 1. Failing to properly read my comment and 2. Again replying without adding anything to the original debate. You keep saying you're done yet you still come back to my thread without adding anything constructive. Are u done or aren't you? Make up your mind
  • Sycko5 wrote: »
    Inb4 close

To be honest, i thought Kabam would've closed this thread earler but i guess they're getting a kick out of this too
  • Sycko5 wrote: »
    You have pleanty of ways practice. Arena, raids, spotlight. We don’t need a stand alone mode, we can’t even get new content out in a timely manner.

Heck, you even have RoK to practice in!

RoK does not suffice. You take a 5 hit combo from Mixmaster or one special and you die. If you're a lower level player then forget it. There needs to be a mode where there is no stakes involved at all
    RoK bots have really High Health, but hey, their Attack Rating is okay.
    That's what we call Practice, learn to dodge and Perfect a Fight.
    So far, I've guessed you want a mode where you fight using a bot in which you can hit 20 hits per 50 hits you take instead of hitting 20 hits per 2 hits you take.
    So, what's the point of collecting and leveling bots if you can just spend whole game playing any bot you want.
    Kenny elaborated this A bit more below
    If you're really high on practice mode. It should be like fight against what you have.
    If you have a r4 4* RHINOX ,that's all you can fight against (with same mastery bonus),, it depends upon it select a 3* or 2* bot from your roster to get the competition.
    Use Your bot against YOUR OWN Bots.
    And it'll give reasons for collecting 2*/3*

I already explained why I don't deem RoK is ideal for practice especially if you're a new player and I don't feel like repeating myself.

What's the point of collecting bots when u can use any bot you want? Let me ask you, What's the point of unlocking new characters in a game like Naruto? Or new guns in Call of Duty? To see what you dont like and what u do like. Also variety. Using the same team over and over again gets stale.

Also, as of yet you can't accurately test things like how long would it take for harm accelerator to kill you, or how to deal with bots that constantly evade without losing resources. In this case it would be raid medals.

Ive said this in the OP but This is a temporary fix to the content drought. It'll give players something to do once they've done everything while Kabam is coming up with new content Destiny had the same problem but as soon as Bungie added costom games, the content drought wasn't AS big of an issue as it was. Key word AS

This mode wouldn't be taking anything away from the game either. RoK would still be there, Arena would still be there. You dont have to use the practice mode if you don't want to but like I said to the other guy, just because you wont use the mode, doesnt mean others won't because a few others and people in my alliance would.

Let me reiterate that this mode isn't a PRIORITY. it's merely something Kabam can add to the list once everything else like lag has been taken care of. Besides, everyone want content but doesn't provide any idea for new modes. At least im offering a potential temporary fix.
  • Another benefit of practice mode i just thought of is community testing. Let's say Kabam wants to add a mod or something. They can add it to practice mode, allow players to test it, to see if it breaks the game or not, then get feedback and release it into the rest of the game if they so choose. (Note this is just a hypothetical scenario idk how well this would work in practice) DICE does something similar to this with their community test environment.
  • Arena and raid are actually very good for training.
  • Arena and raid are actually very good for training.

I as well as a few others feel otherwise but your opinion is noted and respected
  • For new players there are spotlight missions of varying difficulty. And Act 1/2..

But I'm Out of this discussion.... :neutral::expressionless::unamused:
  • For new players there are spotlight missions of varying difficulty. And Act 1/2..

That is true and it's a fair point. But there are other pros to mode.

Before you leave, why is there a jail cell over your picture? Just curious cause I've never seen that before
  • Been a robust discussion so far.
    I'd like to put forward another angle of discussion.

Firstly new players, this game now has a steep learning curve. Trying to kill Primal, Wheeljack with average ranked, usually unduped 2* is hard for those first 15 levels..

Now the other angle.. I have a young son, totally Transformers mad. He now has an account (after using a T3 spark and upgrading a bot when I wasn't looking s few moths ago..)
    I've only recently gotten a 3rd 4* for him.

Due to work and it's commuting, mandated screen time, plus general life activities, I'm unable to show the finer points of the game.

RoK impossible with current bot roster.

Arenas are too complex for a youngling who just wants to play with the bots.
    His roster, due to RNG will never get a full complement beyond 2*, likely 3*.
    Then there are the exclusive 2* crystals to attain..

On my main account I'd like to try out and learn Hound properly. Him and pillow fists Mixmaster never get a run along with around 9 other bots I don't have the resources to level.. Nor inclination..
    Because as mentioned, you end up using the same top end bots due to arenas now much harder earlier

My 2c
  • Hey All,

A few posts have started to lean towards insulting the poster rather than contribute to the actual topic. Let's remember to keep things constructive. If you're interested in participating in the discussion, keep it focused on the spirit and intent behind the activity.

That is true and it's a fair point. But there are other pros to mode.

Before you leave, why is there a jail cell over your picture? Just curious cause I've never seen that before

Well, when you break a rule, like use Explicit or Rude words or so,(which I did unintentionally/or it become more rude than I expected) you get a warning.. Each warning has expiry date of one month. Upon stacking three warning, you're jailed.
    You can post a discussion, or make a comment within 150 secs of previous.
    If you get more warnings before jail expires, you are banned. And mine will expire on Oct 19th
  • It’s called rok
  • Swamprats wrote: »
    It’s called rok

I already gave reasons why RoK isn't ideal for practicing in earlier replies and i dont feel like repeating myself
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Swamprats wrote: »
    It’s called rok

I already gave reasons why RoK isn't ideal for practicing in earlier replies and i dont feel like repeating myself

C'mon fellas.
    ROK/Kaon.
    Seriously?
    Let's wipe out YOUR roster, then we'll see how many of you think those missions are "good practice".
    Think about it from a noobs/casual gamers' perspective.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    It’s called rok

C'mon fellas.
    ROK/Kaon.
    Seriously?
    Let's wipe out YOUR roster, then we'll see how many of you think those missions are "good practice".

Well, I can't resist replying.
    Well, the motive is to "Get Past or Get Halt"
    If you can take out the Mixmaster with as low bot PI possible, it's the measure of your skill.
    The practice in RoK never means to win.
    This Practice measures skill in basis of :
    1. How long did you survived.
    2. How much Damage you really did.
    3. Score yourself on basis of above and PI of bot.

Like if 5000 PI bot lasted 10 mins, and did 50k.
    And second bot with 2000 PI lasted 6 mins, and did 25k damage. Then, you're more skilled with second bot,, at least against Mixy
    edited October 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    It’s called rok

C'mon fellas.
    ROK/Kaon.
    Seriously?

If you can take out the Mixmaster with as low bot PI possible, it's the measure of your skill.

And second bot with 2000 PI lasted 6 mins, and did 25k damage. Then, you're more skilled with second bot,, at least against Mixy

Agreed.
    But i think you're abnormally INVESTED.
    If i pumped in 25¢ into Fatal Fury, and the 1st enemy was Geese Howard with 25X your lifebar, i don't think I'd bother again.
    I'd just play Mortal Kombat instead.

And mind you, I WAS THAT DUDE at the arcade that could last 45 minutes on 25¢.
    Plus gladly taught anyone how to do all the special moves.
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    I think this is a great idea. Don’t understand why everything is bashing on him. it’s new content
  • Having a practice mode will makr up for skill in rating difference
    4tmh3pixpyux.jpg
    5p0ipuudcr0u.jpg
    ktomov wrote: »
    Like i said before, I didnt say this game didn't have other problems that dont need fixing. Your original statment implied that this mode shouldn't be added at all once things that have a higher priority have been fixed like lag (which i doubt will be fixed anytime soon since it's been over a year) and you dismissed it without even thinking about the benifits it could yield which is a bit hypocritical one your part as you called me a child for doing the same thing you did when I in fact did not. I said your comment was redundent because it was. You were essentially saying what everyone else was saying and i already gave rebuttals to those claims thus making your comment redundant. You are just repeating what others have said without adding anything new. You cant compare my actions to that of a child because I provided reasons why my idea is sound. You and others gave reasons why it isn't and I countered those reasons with reasons of of my own and you have yet to refute my counter argument. A child would dissmiss someone else's opinion without giving reasons why

I can compare your actions to that of a child, because you simply fail to comprehend that this is unneeded and will probably be used by a little less than 1% of the players, simply because we have other options to test ourselves and our bots. Go do 240 arena fights every day and you'll soon understand how boring that gets, also how good you've become by basically by figuring out every bot on every possible strength. But you ain't doing that, right? Why? You don't have 80 bots to run them in full cycle 3 times a day? Oh practice without any rewards will be so used feature.

You're asking for a feature that'll probably take the developers more than weeks to write from scratch with options to chose the bots against and their points, simply because you deemed it needed. That's why all the people are explaining the same thing over and over again in different words, yet you refuse to see the lack of logic behind it.

You want something and deem everyone that counter that with - no it must be in the game, like that candy should be in my pocket. That's all.

You can call me what you want. I care not what you think of me. Your replay further soldifies my point because you contradicted yourself. You said here that the mode is unneeded yet in your previous reply you said it would be a good idea once prorites have been taken care of and i agreed with that. You're the real child here because you still have yet to counter my counter argument and believe YOUR opionion is absolute. I'm not backing down from my stance because I provided reasons as to why i think my idea is sound. Others gave their counter arguments. I acknowledged those claims but provided further reason as to why they weren't good enough. Not once did u analyze the pros and cons of my idea and provide further reason for backing your claim. The only instance in which you attempted to do so was mentioning of bugs need to be fixed first to which i agreed and yet you still want to attack me. You say arena is good enough for YOU that's fine but it isn't enough for ME SO WHO'S The bigger hypocrite here?

Furthermore i do play arena and rok and all the other stuff and have gotten pretty decent at the game. That being said, just because a soldier can use a Pistol to take out multiple targets, doesn't mean an assault rifle wouldn't work better. And don't even think of questioning my ability as a player i have an arena streak of 30, a fairly decent bot line up, and highest combo of 200. Someone that's "bad" at the game wouldn't be able to accomplish such feat. I will provide evidence via screenshots k8y45fkjf37c.jpg

Having a practice mode will not make up for a power rating difference, im not as slilled of a player as many are but i dont see where a practice mode is needed, you can rerun old missions, run mission of lwer ratings, you got arenas and Raids more than plenty opportunities to practice with a bot, i always change up my mission line up on lower teir missions to excercise different play styles with different characters, there is more than enough places you can practice you just gotta really look and truely want to get practice in
    I really think the point of a practice zone is simple.
    TEMPORARILY, you get the chance to test-drive bots you don't own.
    THEN you DECIDE if that months' Spotlight Bot, or pay-crystal is WORTH YOUR TIME/CASH.
    A BIT LIKE REAL LIFE.
    Bet you won't marry someone just coz her Facebook profile looks hot. 😂
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Arenas aren’t that good for practicing. You’re just going against plain vanilla bots, not ones boosted by a mod. Also, I mainly find myself fighting against the same people and same bots so there's no real variety there.

ROK too. Most who try this would end up just fighting against Mixmaster. And that's just plain Mixmaster with high health.

You could do some raids to practice against mods, but the ones there aren't what you'll see in spotlight or AM.

In a sense, practice could be close to new content. You pick a bot from your roster and you choose a bot to go against and select a handful of mods (maybe up to 3?) to pair with that bot. Then choose easy, medium, hard, expert, or master and level 1, 2, or 3 (to base it on chapter difficulty) which will automatically adjust the bot's PI.

This will give folks some practice against the harder levels since you're also fighting against some crazy mod/bot combos and not just the bot.

Practice also shouldn't cost any energy, gold, energon, etc. -- it's just a practice. Likewise, you shouldn't gain any rewards from it either. This will give some folks something to do as well while they're waiting for arena cooldown, mission energy to recharge, and more raid tickets.
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Arenas aren’t that good for practicing. You’re just going against plain vanilla bots, not ones boosted by a mod. Also, I mainly find myself fighting against the same people and same bots so there's no real variety there.

ROK too. Most who try this would end up just fighting against Mixmaster. And that's just plain Mixmaster with high health.

You could do some raids to practice against mods, but the ones there aren't what you'll see in spotlight or AM.

In a sense, practice could be close to new content. You pick a bot from your roster and you choose a bot to go against and select a handful of mods (maybe up to 3?) to pair with that bot. Then choose easy, medium, hard, expert, or master and level 1, 2, or 3 (to base it on chapter difficulty) which will automatically adjust the bot's PI.

This will give folks some practice against the harder levels since you're also fighting against some crazy mod/bot combos and not just the bot.

Practice also shouldn't cost any energy, gold, energon, etc. -- it's just a practice. Likewise, you shouldn't gain any rewards from it either. This will give some folks something to do as well while they're waiting for arena cooldown, mission energy to recharge, and more raid tickets.

With the varying difficulties i can see how it could be beneficial in a way still not quit on board, but open to it
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2018
    Tough wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea. Don’t understand why everything is bashing on him. it’s new content

We want very new content, while old content isn't working fine with lot of bugs and issues. Right?
  • The point of Practice mode is simple. 1st is practice, second is testing
    Tough wrote: »

We want very new content, while old content isn't working fine with lot of bugs and issues. Right?

I mentioned earlier that this isn't a priority. Its merely something kabam can work on after more important things like lag have been taken care of
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    It’s called rok

C'mon fellas.
    ROK/Kaon.
    Seriously?

Agreed.
    If i pumped in 25¢ into Fatal Fury, and the 1st enemy was Geese Howard with 25X your lifebar, i don't think I'd bother again.

What do you mean by abnormally INVESTED.
    And I didn't really got a clue about everything you said Mortal Kombat, cause I didn't played it ever.
    To End It, I don't think Kabam will even move out of their sofas to look in this. As you can see, here, we're 4-6 people clashing over each other's views.
    To get better popularity accuracy, why don't you make a poll.
    It’s called rok

C'mon fellas.
    ROK/Kaon.
    Seriously?

Agreed.

What do you mean by abnormally INVESTED.
    And I didn't really got a clue about everything you said Mortal Kombat, cause I didn't played it ever.

Most people posting on the forums ARE abnormally invested; i.e >daily players.

My point is simple.
    Steep learning curve<instant gratification.
    Especially when it comes to mobile games.

Otherwise it'll suffer burnout, no matter if there's constant new content, ala Pokemon Go or Injustice.

Also my reference to fatal fury or MK meant 99.9% of people would abandon an overtly difficult game and would go for an easier to learn but just as fun alternative.

Again, most posters here don't seem to fathom 99% of casual gamers won't be buggered to participate multiple times daily; and even those that do will lose interest if:
    GRIND>REWARDS.
    Which is the case currently.

A simple 3 or 4* practice zone with a FULL (TEMPORARY) ROSTER would at least keep interest levels up.
    As would a PvP option, as stated on another tread.