Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bugs: A few critical Jetfire bugs that need fixing

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious just wanted to pass these along to you so a patch can be put through.

1. Jetfire Parry Range - He's currently reflecting for only 10% of original damage instead of the listed 100% original damage in the bot report. Needs another zero in there; kind of a big deal on that one lol.

2. Jetfire sp1 - In the intel report it says he gets the ranged damage bonus for 20 seconds but he's only getting it for 10 seconds.

3. Sp2 not fully connecting - I haven't used this one that much simply because of the useless shielding he gets from triggering it, but some players are saying that the damage isn't fully connecting unless the opponent is against a wall in the arena.

On a side note, please seriously consider making the following adjustments to Jetfire, since he's currently a below-average bot at best:

1. Give him a true melee parry. The current one still exposes him to an attack immediately following a successful parry, thus rendering the idea of parry useless. The whole point of taking the gamble with using the melee parry is that there will be a payoff of a guaranteed riposte. I'm not asking for a long stun after each parry, but more of a "micro-stun" window for Jetfire to use a counterattack after a successful parry. Because as he plays now, there's zero incentive to use parry, yet that's what his whole gimmick is built around. Give him the guaranteed chance to counter and that will make up for his weak damage output.

2. Trade the shielding he gets from using his sp2 for a power drain ability similar to Shockwave's. A 100% chance to drain X% of power from an opponent for each energy charge he has. Because with a 50% block proficiency and a 100% chance to reflect ranged shots for his Parry Shield, he doesn't need this current extra shielding he's getting from his sp2; it's really superfluous and pointless. Something more passively offensive like a power drain is a more balanced compromise because it won't do damage against the opponent, but players will still find it helpful and it fits in line with his theme of power control, like his power lock he gets from his sp1.

I think these simple adjustments will make him a more complete and robust bot that can firmly sit in the middle to upper tier of bots currently out there. We don't need another Hound.

Thoughts?

Comments

• ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    Lol Primal still misses the connect on his L2... Good luck getting this one fixed.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    @Kabam Miike it's been 6 hours; can you guys at least acknowledge this thread with a yes this is bugged or no it's working as intended? I ask because this will effect a lot of people's decisions to try and continue to earn more chips to get his 5 star, pull crystals to get his 5 star, or even decide to get a monetary refund for false advertisement if they purchased energon to buy crystals.
  • If you want a power leak, putting him with Mixmaster and Dinobot causes him to power burn when parrying
  • Hey! Just to let you know, we're not ignoring the rest of your post but wanted to let you know that #1 on your list has been fixed!
    And #2? That seemed to be the other error that was pretty easy to correct from ten seconds to 20 seconds.

I really would be interested to hear the team's thoughts on fixing his parry so he can properly counter as well as losing the extra shielding in exchange for power drain.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited December 2018
    Hey! Just to let you know, we're not ignoring the rest of your post but wanted to let you know that #1 on your list has been fixed!

Wow 😮 that’s excellent thanks so much @Kabam Miike I cant wait to try out Jetfire’s fixed bug
    Keep up the good work Kabam 👍
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Not for nothing... While Jetfire doesn't have power drain, he does have a way to power lock, you just need 5 charges to pull it off.
    So no word on issue #2 @Kabam Miike?

It was posted clearly in the bot intel report as having a 20 second duration. Why was the reflect damage stat corrected but not this one? It's literally just changing a 1 to a 2.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I’m going to guess that that bot intel report has a typo and it’s supposed to be 10 seconds, not 20. The in-game description for the S1 says 10 seconds. Makes you love Jetfire more don’t it?
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited December 2018
    If Kabam updates the intel report, problem solved; who doesn't make a typo?
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    xJamesss wrote: »
    Why even bother, he is useless

Jetfire is one of my all time favorite 80’s bots
    Kabam should fix his errors for us
    @Kabam Miike you said for the December bot we were going to a whole new level for a bot I don’t understand Jetfire is almost as worse as Hound 👎
  • Jazz444 wrote: »

@Kabam Miike you said for the December bot we were going to a whole new level for a bot I don’t understand Jetfire is almost as worse as Hound 👎

Ffs. Jetfire is a BRILLIANT tech so I dont know what the HECK you are talking about! Jetfire is WAY better than hound
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited December 2018
    Not bugs per se.... But here's my thoughts on all the things I think JF needs in order to be more fluid, natural and playable:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/7114/some-ideas-to-make-jetfire-more-useable#latest

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Jazz444 wrote: »

It’s because his S3 animation is cool.