Homeā€ŗ Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Error with Forging bots Forge XP does not carry over correctly šŸ‘Ž

Hello Kabam and TFTF players,
My friends asked me a question whatā€™s the correct way to forge a bot ?
Forge everything right into a 4star? Or forge 2stars into 3stars 1st ?
Well I just did an experiment and we are losing XP on every bot we forge into the next tier
Such as 2*s into 3*s then into 4*s
We gain more forge XP by putting our bots separately directly into our 4stars
This is a HUGE error we are supposed to gain forge XP by forging into our lower tiers 1st šŸ˜•
Tagged:

Comments

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    twzcj4ya765x.png
    0gk20qyp77b0.png
    juja1zto18yd.png
    64hp07iozrv0.png
    bapdkxmsevaj.png
    ushyq36rstp8.png
    g4t2781975jg.png
    Here are some pics to prove thereā€™s a Forge error please let me explain some more information below
    edited February 2019
    Pic#1 4star Arcee max on forge 43
    Pic#2 3star Hot Rod max on sig 45
    Pic#3 my 3star Hot Rod would make Arcee go from forge 43 to 51 šŸ‘
    Pic#4 2star Bludgeon max on sig 75
    Pic#5 Bludgeon would make Arcee go from forge 43 to 45 not bad for a 2*
    Pic#6 Hot Rod 3star and Bludgeon 2star separately would make Arcee Forge lvl from 43 to lvl 53 XP 92/2,755
    Pic#7 I Forged my 2* Bludgeon into 3* Hot Rod
    Pic#8 now that the 2star is inside the 3star look šŸ‘€ at the small loss this shouldnā€™t be
    When they were separated Arceeā€™s forge bar was lvl53 92/2,755
    Now that 2* Bludgeon is in 3* Hot Rod Arceeā€™s forge bar says lvl53 50/2,755
    So I lost 42 XP by forging a 2star into the 3* 1st šŸ‘Ž not much but
    Iā€™ve been forging my 3stars into 4stars before forging into 5stars
    Can you imagine how much XP Iā€™m losing
    We gain more XP by forging everything into 4*s or 5*s separately šŸ˜• I believe it after this experience
    If any Kabam members can look into this that would be great šŸ‘
    I think we should definitely be getting a special Forge bonus by forging into lower tiers 1st
    Take care guys please share your comments on this little issue here
    I hope this gets fixed Kabam šŸ˜
    Yours truly,
    windbee prime
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I agree this is an issue, but I feel like this is expected in a video game. After all, we are, arguably, gaining less resources for forging 2*s into 3*s than 2*s into 4*s.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You lose exp using incremental forging. So you should always forge separately.
  • Do you actually lose exp by incremental forging, or are you just seeing inflated estimates in the other scenario? It's been noted before that sometimes you'll select a bot to forge and see what forge level it will take you to, but then your actual level upon actually forging will be lower than what was displayed. So we can't take it for granted that those forge level previews are accurate.

I've suspected for a while that the forge preview uses a different algorithm than the one used when actually forging. The preview is done client side, while the forge is done server side. Something's off between the two. My best uneducated guess is that the bonus for forging the same bot or same class is handled differently. E.g. perhaps the client side algo applies the bonus multiplier to the consumed bot's accumulated forge exp or sig bonus while the server side algo doesn't.

To actually verify whether you lose forge exp or not would be tricky. You can't unforge a bot after trying it one way, so you'd have to have two identical setups using two sets of bots with the same levels, forge exp, sigs, and class bonuses. Not really something you can easily do on a whim.
    No my bar didnā€™t do that when I Forged it stayed right where it was
    So itā€™s true we are losing Forge XP by forging into our 3stars
    Iā€™ll just put everything separately into 4stars and 5stars
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Not really something you can easily do on a whim.

calling all alt accounts!
    edited February 2019
    Iā€™ve experimented with sig rank and forge
    The higher the sig level the more shards you get
    The higher the rank of your bot the more forge XP you get
    But Do not forge into your 3stars you lose a little XP
    I donā€™t recommend forging into your 4stars if your going to put them into a 5star
    Cause youā€™d lose XP on every bot you forge into
    So definitely if your working on 5stars just throw any bot in separately for more forge XP šŸ‘
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Your experiment seems a little flawed considering you're using the preview info which is known to be incorrect. I'm not saying you're wrong (or right) on this issue, just that your process is.

One thing you're also forgetting is the extra forge XP you get from same bot/class. For example, if you forge a 2* Grindor into a 3* Grindor and then a 5* Drift vs the two Grindors into Drift individually. You will lose out on the bonus XP.
  • Hey everybody, I've come with some clarification!

The amount of Forge XP a bot grants is static. The target that the Bot is being Forged into doesn't matter, although higher Tiers do require more Forge XP to increase their Forge Level.

Forge XP granted is determined by the Rank and Level of the bot, but partial Level progress will not be factored in. For example, a Rank 2 bot that just hit Level 9 provides the same Forge XP as a Rank 2 Level 9 bot that's almost at Level 10.

Keep in mind that there are XP bonuses for matching the same Class, and for matching the same Bot.
    edited February 2019
    Thank you for replying @Kabam Miike
    But I see no reward bonus to fully forge a 3star before forging into a 4star and a tiny bit of forge XP gets lost,
    But by putting everything right into a 4star separately I still get the same rewards
    So maybe it depends on how players wish to forge into 4stars
    Iā€™ve found itā€™s better to but everything separately into 4stars

P.S. if you wanna close this thread now your more than welcome to šŸ˜Š
    Perhaps players have experienced a better forge performance than me?

All I see is
    The bigger the Signature level the more shards you get
    And the higher you rank up the bot using Sparks, Gold, and Ore-13 the higher your forge XP becomes when you forge the bot into your 4star,

But if you forge 2stars into 3stars before putting the 3stars into your 4stars a little bit of forging XP is lost
    edited February 2019
    I apologize to anyone Iā€™ve been a bother to
    I just wanted to share my thoughts on forging bots separately is more efficient than forging into lower tiers 1st šŸ˜
    As Iā€™ve said before I Forged into my 3stars 1st and lost some Xp
    Because forging lower tiers into 4star bots separately gives you a tiny bit more XP šŸ‘
    I just did some more experiments
    It doesnā€™t matter what Forge level your bot or mod is on
    The signature ability level is what gives you shards šŸ˜
    edited February 2019
    Sig level grants you forge xp and shards. Its calculation is interdependent.

The formula for shard reward for 2 and 3* bots is
    (7.5*rankĀ²-12.5*rank+25) + 1*level + 11*sig
    For 4* bots, just multiply all of it by 5.
    Or you can unify them into one formula

Shards = (2*starĀ² - 10*star + 13) * ( (7.5*rankĀ²-12.5*rank+25) + 1*level + 11*sig) )
    Sig level grants you forge xp and shards. Its calculation is interdependent.

The formula for shard reward for 2 and 3* bots is
    (7.5*rankĀ²-12.5*rank+25) + 1*level + 11*sig
    For 4* bots, just multiply all of it by 5.

I was just trying to say that the level of your bot doesnā€™t concern the shards
    The signature level gives you shards
    But thank you for sharing the Signature actually provides forge XP also awesome šŸ‘