Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How to get motivated to play TFTF

I’ve made somewhat of a comeback but it’s just so hard to stay motivated I haven’t played for weeks again any ways to get me back casually again?
Tagged:

Comments

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I have always played missions and raids to get motivated...and sometimes tried to rank up a bot...the grind for rank up materials is fun (for me) especially the t3 class sparks
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I have always played missions and raids to get motivated...and sometimes tried to rank up a bot...the grind for rank up materials is fun (for me) especially the t3 class sparks

Raids bore me, but yeah I can try and rank up my shockwave I just got him back as a 4*
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Just play the modes you enjoy for now. Eventually you get a bot you really want to rank/forge up and it gives you a goal to work towards.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Give yourself a good break and come back when interest sparks again.

If you don't come back, that's when you know the game is an after thought.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited March 2019
    Just be in a bad mood, think it's a good idea to launch the app, open a crystal, and want to kill yourself thanks to bad rng, and then realize the game's rng sucks anyways, putting you in a good mood, then repeat.
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    Complete honesty I have been in a total funk lately. It’s gotten to the point where BOT chip arenas I look at but just don’t even want to start the grind fest. Normally I say screw it. The amount of chips to time is just not worth it.

I normally wait for the bounty arenas stop after 1.5 mil because I cannot take it anymore.

Raids I wait for chips or some sort of kabam special to actually raid again. This last time for knight crystals I had to FORCE my self to complete because I kept thinking yay (insert sarcasm) more T1A or a base mod which doesn’t matter because mods are so illrelivant at this point.

This is the first month where I look at why even bust my butt to finish Event missions. I have T2A enough to rank 5 my 4stars which are irrelevant, I have T3C comming our the ting yang about 5 about to expire, T1A comming out the Ying yang,

I cannot not really rank 4 5stars Exocet at a slow pace because you cannot get T3A easily and I’m not going to spend a TON of energon to fully explore master

I feel like I’m at a stand still.

My alliance we are above rank 75 so I’m set on that till more balance and rewards are put in place

And honestly back to raiding the raidchips there really is NOT enough in the store for me to want to keep purchasing stuff so it sits in invetory and then expires.

So I guess the same question as @Kitten what is the drive at this point?

I need a little nudge either from kabam or from other players to really really want to keep moving up.

And NO this is not a complaint rant about the game, I love the game just getting burnt out because rewards VS time is not really there even I look at master I look at so I’ll spend X amount of energon is it even worth to fully explore? I need at least 2 maybe 3, 5stars rank 4 (depending on path) to fully explore but I cannot get T3A with our fully exploring unless I grind fest for 3 months on bounty.

Someone help other than JAZZ and his overly the top optimistic Kabam is great mantra!
    edited March 2019
    If I can suggest something @McBusket is to actually give yourself a challenge, and move on to an alliance that strives to do higher difficulty than what you are used to. Bring in a stagnant alliance will give you less motivation, and there's nothing to help push you into getting better.

Once you do that, you realize that master is alot easier to complete and you don't need to spend as much Energon or if any to complete it. You start to see there's a linear progression, and maybe that interest sparks again.

Just get out your comfort zone.
  • ArnZeBarnArnZeBarn Posts: 90
    I enjoy the game in a slightly different way than most players (at least based on what I read here).

I'm more into the "experience" of playing as or against the bots, & seeing their abilities in action under different circumstances. So I'm more into matchups & cool/funny gameplay moments. I even waste energy refills for that, like when I had fun with Scorponok's Daze against bots with hard to dodge specials.

I guess its because I'm more into fighting games than RPGs. So I'm not overly concerned with rewards, levelling up, endgame, etc. After all, you can actually do this even with just 3 stars.

Anyway, just wanted to share this in case somebody wants to try enjoying the game this way. :)
    @that1guy I can with out a doubt say right now if it wasn’t for my current allaince I would have stopped playing when the announcement of NO new bots. We have progressed from being I think it was a 130 ish rank to above rank 75 in 4 months. Amazing alliance and friends. But I think WE have all hit the Plateau of not being able to rank up our 5 stars for limit of resources. Mainly T3A.

Now trust me I fully understand there is a fine line between hand me outs and working for it. Especially since a large chunk of us are now awaiting for the epic 2 yr mark of the game. And YES there have been some improvements with the game but as for me I really can’t justify the money spent until something else is shown.

The communication lately has been VERY VERY welcomed but hoping the 2nd year anniversary will definitely spark some form of interest especially back into me.

If you don’t mind me asking @that1guy what roster are you rocking to fully explore master with using minimal energon?

To some that will chime in once again this is completely not a RANT , about kabam this kabam that, looking for the extra shove I guess maybe something I missed

I watch @Inqosly YouTube when ever he realeses, it Reinvigorates me same thing when ever @Synthwave does videos (SLACKER :) lol where have you been)

But at my current rate I’m already level 50 started when tantrum was released just keep feeling like I’m stalling out.

Any more ideas that you have?
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited March 2019
    Trust me ,that’s what I’m exactly waiting for!
    Vavatron wrote: »

• Since new boots stopped coming, I haven’t been that motivated to play ce new bots come back, I believe I can get back into the grooove of playing
    edited March 2019
    I'm glad that your alliance has kept your interest, as have mine, current and past. Alliances are really the life blood of this game, and I believe its the social interaction that keeps a lot of people playing - it boggles my mind why Kabam hasn't done anything to expand on this side of the game. While I don't have any other ideas outside what myself and others have posted to keep interest in the game, I'll give you a run down of my own situation.

I am currently in KAON which was rank 2 this week's Alliance Mission; my interest in the game aside from the great community of players and network of alliances, has been mainly in pushing myself and just becoming a stronger player. As a result, I am mainly interested in doing special missions, and alliance missions. I do not always bother with raids, or arenas as grind fest like those modes just wane my interest in the game as a whole. With that said, there was a period in which I took a break from the game for a solid month or so as I stepped down as leader of OVK last year. The break helped me realize what aspirations and objective I had by playing this game and what made it fun, and it helped motivate me back into playing again.

As for master spotlight completion, I have used 4 stars in the past to complete them when 5 stars didn't exist. Now, I have a nice roster of rank four 5 stars of about 7 bots that I use during my throughways of the master spotlight couple with whatever 4 star that I havn't yet forged away - here's my channel where you'll see my roster. I do not use any energon to complete the spotlights, nor do I buy energon, and this helps as motivation to try to complete the game without using my wallet. As tempting it may be sometimes to purchase a deal like the Tier 4 Class Crystals, I'm actually proud of the fact that I do well without it.

There are certainly moments when I want to chuck the phone into a wall because of how stressful AM (rarely spotlight missions) can be at very high difficulty, and it's not for everyone. The key from my perspective is to push yourself to the point where you still have interest in the game, learn how to better right, and attain the rewards that are within reach. As you'll inevitably progress in the game, you'll be at the top 10 where I know several players who were in your position way back in rank 75. Who knows, maybe you'll end up riding with a top 3 alliance and getting the best rewards.

I don't know if that wall of text helped, but all I can say good luck, have fun.
    @that1guy honestly it does thank you for the extra push brother! :)
    My pleasure :)
  • JellybeeJellybee Posts: 22
    Just wait for April
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Higher AM lvl, the only motivation & challenge left to me.
    Waiting for Anniversary though
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    @McBusket I'm in the same no man's land of 4* and 5*. Like you, I'm still playing because of the alliance. I'm waiting for April to see what's in store. I hope they make it easier for us middle folks because right now the resources that we need are long extreme grinds/soul suckers.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    @KittenPrime
    Rejojn OVD
    Max out your 4* Ironhide
    Pull 10 5* Geewun Megs in a row
    ??????
    Profit
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Bwahahaha
    The pros mucking about gives ME the opportunity to usurp!

With my crap 4* max roster.

So no, then.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    that1guy wrote: »
    I'm glad that your alliance has kept your interest, as have mine, current and past. Alliances are really the life blood of this game, and I believe its the social interaction that keeps a lot of people playing - it boggles my mind why Kabam hasn't done anything to expand on this side of the game.

This. Also mind boggling why kabam hasn't done anything to make in-game communication easier. In-game chat is the most inconvenient, awkward, delayed, etc. system that just serves to cause frustration. I'm surprised that by now, they haven't improved that little critical piece. MCOC got released effectively 2015 so they've had ample time. They've also had ample time to reduce or eliminate AM timers!
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    I really only play for my Alliance, so I do AM & save leveling up for the level up event, I really only do spotlight missions when the spotlight & missions events are on. The game is so boring now. Nothing to look forward to at start of the month. Im not expecting much from the new update & 2nd anniversary. Unless there is major change will probably slowly stop playing in 3 months or so.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Vavatron wrote: »

agreed, hope some fun stuff comes out
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Hopefully there's going to be a bee's gauntlet again towards the end of March, with an addition of master difficulty.
    Right @Kabam Miike ?
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Here's hoping "bee event" doesn't mean the opportunity to do more arena grinding.

Gauntlet is what we all want...just mash that recycle button again k thx bai...
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited March 2019
    Burn outs can be from AM, not necessarily from playing it often. I minimize arenas, such as the ones for generic bot chips, but will push on certain arenas like everyone else.

I do play for the alliance, but level up bots at least 5 times daily. The 3 bots roster have taken along on AM has changed over time. Play to win and improve are my intentions. I won't accept less than 100%.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    It's easy to get burnt out any game if you play it often enough! Take a step away and doing something else may help kindle sparks to start playing again.

Problem with this game is that it's not really easy to do that. It's based on perpetuity and logging in every day and doing these daily things.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    It's easy to get burnt out any game if you play it often enough! Take a step away and doing something else may help kindle sparks to start playing again.

This.
    @DaveJL , if you feel (like many others here) that DAILY login and missions are still essential, you're not ready to take a BREAK.
    @Kabam Vydious ' suggestion is like a trial separation.
    Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
    There were some that recently joined my AM that's done this.
    Coming back after a sabbatical, all enthusiastic again.
    Some even from the ground up.
    My wife says this game is like an obsession for me, with my late night swearing at absentees in AM, losing fights, etc.
    Which is why i only grind what's ABSOLUTELY necessary and do essential spotlights and AMs.
    Makes for a more enriched life.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited March 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »

This.
    @DaveJL , if you feel (like many others here) that DAILY login and missions are still essential, you're not ready to take a BREAK.
    @Kabam Vydious ' suggestion is like a trial separation.
    Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
    There were some that recently joined my AM that's done this.
    Coming back after a sabbatical, all enthusiastic again.
    Some even from the ground up.
    My wife says this game is like an obsession for me, with my late night swearing at absentees in AM, losing fights, etc.
    Which is why i only grind what's ABSOLUTELY necessary and do essential spotlights and AMs.
    Makes for a more enriched life.

Ok but let me give you another perspective - for those of us who have poured the hours in and the money in to get to the upper levels of the game, taking a break is quite detrimental, as the longer you leave it the harder it is to get back to the level you previously enjoyed playing at. Not so much at the moment, as nothing new is happening, but to stay at the top requires staying at the top, if you get me.

To even get the decent calendar rewards you still have to log in daily. To retain your place in a strong alliance you have to be active and playing - once you're out of that loop it isn't always easy to just pick it back up and get back in to the groove.

Kitten actually took a lot of time off, so it clearly hasn't worked for him. This game doesn't lend itself to catching back up.

I'm definitely just waiting for 8.0 and the anniversary, like a lot of people I think. I do spotlights, 3 arenas and a few raids if the items are worth it.