Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Had a Lot of Laughs with this Spotlight

ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
443amkvee4ij.png
cb3wlzbov8t9.png
ostby77bqlfn.png
730y79rgy4il.png
7agyia4t99pj.png
9nq5au2rud17.png
This Spotlight was hilarious and the writers did an absolute terrific job capturing the comedic aspects of the Predacons. I really appreciated the name drops and references to Beast Wars, Shakespeare, and possibly other references that others have caught.

You did a good job Kabam and I really hope Spotlight missions like these go on to replace Reforged.

Comments

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    443amkvee4ij.png
    cb3wlzbov8t9.png
    ostby77bqlfn.png
    730y79rgy4il.png
    7agyia4t99pj.png
    9nq5au2rud17.png
    This Spotlight was hilarious and the writers did an absolute terrific job capturing the comedic aspects of the Predacons. I really appreciated the name drops and references to Beast Wars, Shakespeare, and possibly other references that others have caught.

You did a good job Kabam and I really hope Spotlight missions like these go on to replace Reforged.

Yup, definitely lively dialogue, just got to first bit of dialogue in Bludgeon's level and it's already perfection
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    443amkvee4ij.png
    cb3wlzbov8t9.png
    ostby77bqlfn.png
    730y79rgy4il.png
    7agyia4t99pj.png
    9nq5au2rud17.png

Yup, definitely lively dialogue, just got to first bit of dialogue in Bludgeon's level and it's already perfection

Ah, the Bludgeon mission has a lot of funny. It gets a lot better in the end of it.
  • The last panel still has me laughing so hard every time I read it. Like I can just hear the utter disdain in his voice. I'm rolling.
  • @Kabam Vydious I’m just here wondering the whole time why Scorponok and waspinator we’re collecting scrap. I was just clueless about that.
  • @Kabam Vydious I’m just here wondering the whole time why Scorponok and waspinator we’re collecting scrap. I was just clueless about that.

They were trying to build a Space bridge to bring in BW Megatron.
    @Kabam Vydious I’m just here wondering the whole time why Scorponok and waspinator we’re collecting scrap. I was just clueless about that.

And I hope they succeed...
    @Kabam Vydious I’m just here wondering the whole time why Scorponok and waspinator we’re collecting scrap. I was just clueless about that.

And hopefully inferno and trans metal blackarachnia comes through aswell,
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

Basically we need more Predacons
  • By the way, y'all are warming our writer's heart over here with the compliments. <3
  • By the way, y'all are warming our writer's heart over here with the compliments. <3

Well, it’s honestly the best quest dialogue we have been given since............ EVER.

Basically we need more Predacons

And maximals
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    6u2w9r3f7zah.png
    This still cracks me up
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    The chapter 1 mission alone far exceeds the "quality" writing of Machinima's PotP series.
    Now rewatch G1 MTMTE and get inspired by that.

Quality writing doesn't age, and is fit for all ages. The older i get, the more i appreciate G1 and BW, as those strived to tell stories and develop characters, not to showcase how "cool" a bot was. Soundwave and Jazz were so effortlessly cool. Megatron, in MTMTE 1984, was terrifying and efficient. Prime was noble and heroic, Ironhide tough and jaded whilst Ratchet was the no nonsense medic. The twin Lamborghinis were awesome. Yet you didn't see Prime sprout drivel or quote himself every 2 minutes. QUALITY.

Good work, mods and devs. Not everything needs to be "epic" or badarse. You put many TF writers to shame. Take a leaf out of TF UK. Sometimes they had like 12 pages or less to tell a story!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I have never laughed so hard on a video game before as I've already said...

But seriously this was terrific! An excellent comedy based on two absolute idiots! It's perfect! I'm completely shocked that they just beat everyone and came out on top!

Gameplay: 8/10
    Story depth: 1/10 (in a good way)
    Story comedy 10/10
    Story characters 10/10
    Story overall 10/10
    Spotlight overall 10/10

Terrific! Keep up the good work kabam!
  • This quest is honestly great and was pretty funny.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Best. Dialog. Ever.
  • I'm having fun with the dialogue too. Actually getting me excited for full exploration runs because I get to read them again. It would be like going to Youtube to rewatch fave scenes from my fave shows.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    The chapter 1 mission alone far exceeds the "quality" writing of Machinima's PotP series.
    Now rewatch G1 MTMTE and get inspired by that.

Quality writing doesn't age, and is fit for all ages. The older i get, the more i appreciate G1 and BW, as those strived to tell stories and develop characters, not to showcase how "cool" a bot was. Soundwave and Jazz were so effortlessly cool. Megatron, in MTMTE 1984, was terrifying and efficient. Prime was noble and heroic, Ironhide tough and jaded whilst Ratchet was the no nonsense medic. The twin Lamborghinis were awesome. Yet you didn't see Prime sprout drivel or quote himself every 2 minutes. QUALITY.

Good work, mods and devs. Not everything needs to be "epic" or badarse. You put many TF writers to shame. Take a leaf out of TF UK. Sometimes they had like 12 pages or less to tell a story!

This.
    One thing that helps drive the story's narrative is character development. Action should just be a little bonus to the story.

Let's take an example of Optimus Prime's final battle from the animated film. This battle has the benefit of both development and having an awesome battle sequence. Optimus has a one on one battle against Megatron. This has happened a lot in TF media, so what makes this so different? It's mostly due to the fact that both of these developed characters would actually engage in their final battle, with Optimus dying (dammit Hot Rod) and Megatron being converted to Galvatron. The fact that this was many years of buildup made it worthwhile. Let's compare this to RotF, where Optimus dies as well. When I saw this in the theater, I was honestly shocked, but looking back at it and watching the G1 death, it doesn't seem as impactful. Megatron had already died in the last film and no buildup was made between the to characters, not making a relatioship between the two. It feels stale compared to the sad death of G1 Optimus.

Another example of quality is Dinobot's sacrifice. Dinobot's sacrifice proves the point of character development before action. The fight that Dinobot has with the Preds is great, but when compared to the action scenes of Bayformers and Prime, it's pretty stale. The Predacons fall pretty easily, Megatron gets one shotted... And that's completely fine. It's fine due to how much impact it had and how well it wraps up such a complex character arc. It's a huge finale pitting Dinobot against incredible odds so he can redeem himself for all of the mistakes that he has made for the series. The end of the character arc made it epic, with the action being a cherry on top.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    By the way, y'all are warming our writer's heart over here with the compliments. <3

Loved the dialogues, just stormed through the bots to get all of it. Had a good laugh last night. Thank you. :D
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited August 2019
    @ScarredArachnid333 not too mention that in Dark of the Moon, Megatron saves Prime's life, disabling Sentinel before he deals the death blow.
    Then offers a truce to Optimus.

What does the heroic MV Prime do?

Sucker punches a disarmed combatant whilst in the middle of a ceasefire, murdering him.
    Megatron realized Sentinel was a war monger and egomaniac, thus putting a stop to further, countless casualties. This was redemption.

He stuck his hand out for a handshake, FFS.

Well done, Michael Bay. You made Prime a war criminal.

Now, good writing mirrors real life. Not everyone is 100% badass or cool.
    Kabam injected humor, intentional idiocy into this Spotlight.
    Which is refreshing and ala bumblebee movie, which was super refreshing after the long slog and US Military w**k fest that were the Bay movies, or the overtly 'woke' IDW Lost Light run, which you couldn't fathom if you'd never read the start.

Marvel UK and Marvel did TF superbly.
    Read Carwash of Doom, Club Con, Mechanibals or any UK short story to see the quality of writing.
    Concise, some humor, inventive.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    I loved the dialogue, but I was so expecting a "Wonko the Sane" line from Waspinator in Chapter 2. I feel like theres was a missed opportunity there :tongue:
  • “Is that sword fighting ?”
    :D
  • Let's not ignore the Soundwave miniboss dialogue. You can just feel the cluelessness and confusion in Soundwave, and how he just decides "f**k it" and attacks.
    Let's not ignore the Soundwave miniboss dialogue. You can just feel the cluelessness and confusion in Soundwave, and how he just decides "f**k it" and attacks.

Basically
    Soundwave and Rhinox : *Scientific Talk*
    Wasp and Scorpinock : *Unscientific Nonsense*
    Soundwave :
    p5dxkolm7szy.gif
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Let's not ignore the Soundwave miniboss dialogue. You can just feel the cluelessness and confusion in Soundwave, and how he just decides "f**k it" and attacks.

Basically
    Soundwave and Rhinox : *Scientific Talk*
    Wasp and Scorpinock : *Unscientific Nonsense*
    Soundwave :
    p5dxkolm7szy.gif

Daleks vs cybermen
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    @ScarredArachnid333 not too mention that in Dark of the Moon, Megatron saves Prime's life, disabling Sentinel before he deals the death blow.
    Then offers a truce to Optimus.

What does the heroic MV Prime do?

Sucker punches a disarmed combatant whilst in the middle of a ceasefire, murdering him.
    Megatron realized Sentinel was a war monger and egomaniac, thus putting a stop to further, countless casualties. This was redemption.

He stuck his hand out for a handshake, FFS.

Well done, Michael Bay. You made Prime a war criminal.

Now, good writing mirrors real life. Not everyone is 100% badass or cool.
    Kabam injected humor, intentional idiocy into this Spotlight.
    Which is refreshing and ala bumblebee movie, which was super refreshing after the long slog and US Military w**k fest that were the Bay movies, or the overtly 'woke' IDW Lost Light run, which you couldn't fathom if you'd never read the start.

Marvel UK and Marvel did TF superbly.
    Read Carwash of Doom, Club Con, Mechanibals or any UK short story to see the quality of writing.
    Concise, some humor, inventive.

Poor Megs.
    He got absolutely slaughtered just for asking a simple question.

I have actually read some UK Marvel stories and they're not a bad read. I really enjoyed how fun the Transformers were in them. My favorite one would have to be Target: 2006. It really captures the essence of both Galvatron and Ultra Magnus and shows how different they are. This comic really made me appreciate Ultra Magnus and I LOVED Galvatron in this one. When I think of Galvatron, Target: 2006 is what I'm going to think about.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited August 2019
    It's basically the next step in evolution
    r33y67ygjc2i.png
    Also added Arcee because Monthly Achievements
    rdke9w2a4vtv.png
    Was I the only one nutty enough to do this for the narrative?
    rdke9w2a4vtv.png
    Was I the only one nutty enough to do this for the narrative?

You're dedicated IMO, you should get bonus rewards for taking the squad in the narrative.
    I'd to see people say it's boring then
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    edited August 2019
    @Kabam Vydious I would like to thank you for this Comedy of a Spotlight, it's pretty funny. I laughed when Soundwave was speechless, that was hilarious.