Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

A Unfair Mission

13»

Comments

• Options
    What are everybody's best tips for taking on Megatronus? Let's keep going with what we've started to see here and help each other out!
  • Options
    I beat him with 3 maxed out 4*s and 2 R3 5*s. It’s not supposed to be easy. Even with a bunch of 5*s it’s hard. It’s takes a lot of skill and a team that works together well and has good synergies.
    My team was
    5* Hot Rod R3 awakened
    5* OG Prime unawakened
    4* Max forged Awakened Grimlock
    4* Max Forged Awakened Grimlock
    4* Awakened Prowl
    You have to play smart and have a good team. Good luck bro

Some Suggestions
    Duped Grimlock was Godly because he instantly purified the Unstable Energon
    Hot Rod was pretty good to use with the Prowl Synergy because in the burn phase you could just corner him and spam heavies because he gets an attack buff stack with each Heavy attack
    Cyclones would be super ideal for the Unsoppable phase because he will instantly stun Megatronus with Dark Field
    Megatronus is an ideal bot to have
  • Options
    billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    edited October 2019
    purify his shocks and dodge his specials, the rest will take care of itself! When you don't get these things right, it might not matter how strong your bots are :-D

Don't know how to dodge? https://transformers-forged-to-fight.fandom.com/wiki/Dodging_Special_Attacks
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    What are everybody's best tips for taking on Megatronus? Let's keep going with what we've started to see here and help each other out!

1. You need to always be cognizant of the shocks. In my experience, you actually bought more time between shocks if you purified the shock and didn't hit Tronus with a heavy attack, because you don't cancel the first timer before the second timer starts. (Think Grimace, TC, BW Purify, KB, etc.)
    2. Relic of Chaos - From 60% health to 40% health. Think hit-hit-retreat, or, hit-hit-heavy, or, hit-hit-sp1. I feel this phase takes the most patience and is probably where most will rage quit. Full combos will kill you fast, even with Grimace. Haven't tried mirage here yet. Maybe a hit-hit-heavy, dash-hit-heavy chain would be effective?
  • Options
    Mostly just dodge and use heavys and specials. Bring a bot like galvatron or megatronus.
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661

As I said earlier in the thread, my duped R4 5* Grimlock was huge early in the fight. The purification ability was a huge factor in taking Tronus down to about 60%. I used a Max 4* Duped Tronus in the middle because the Relic of Immortality bought me enough time to get off an SP2 that did big time damage. My Max 4* duped Tantrum went the rest of the way because he can purify and build up buff to unleash a huge attack.. which he did to win the fight. I'm thinking Dark Field Bots are useful here against the Unclass Tronus (Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Tronus). My fighting style was bad for using Kickback and Windblade, but that was my fault.
  • Options
    Definitely use a heavy when unstable energon is on...that shock is no joke

Use bots that deal raw damage instead of debuff damage as tronus is immune to debuffs

Don't use hound
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Dude, even though I haven't fought him yet and I HATE stupid mods, watch the iNightSkies video. He beat him with Cyclonus in one fight. Only lost like 40% health.
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Dude, even though I haven't fought him yet and I HATE stupid mods, watch the iNightSkies video. He beat him with Cyclonus in one fight. Only lost like 40% health.

How does defeating a chapter 1 boss with an r5 5* relate to anything we're talking about here? If the OP had an r5 5*, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited October 2019

Ram him in the [Removed by Mod] with tantrum to completely negate the unstable energon and relic of chaos phase.
    Worked pretty well IMO
  • Options
    I took Optimus Prime, Jazz, Ratchet, Prowl and Wheeljack, all R5 L50. I had to use a team revive and fully heal them all once, but I beat him. You gotta use a team that focuses on buffing themselves, since he’s immune to all debuffs.