Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Gold issues (700+ ores with little gold to use them on)

Gold is hard to come by in this game.. the amount required to spend on AM donations, upgrades, rank up, is way more then the gold we obtain (low gold earned from away missions anyone?)

I have 700+ ores sitting in my inventory now and people who spend a lot like inightskies is even worse at 1.4k ores.

Suggestion to Kabam would be increase the gold drop from Away Missions, and reduce the gold required to rank up 2*,3*, and 4*s. It doesn't make sense that we can have so much ores but always running out of gold to use them. Alphas, T3 sparks, T2 materials etc are already hard to come by so that's good enough to stop players from upgrading too fast... but gold problem needs to be looked at. I'm sure others can relate to my gold problem.. just open enough crystals, get lots of 2-3* dupes and your inventory would literally explode with them. Even more so if you use real $$ to buy some of the promotions or featured bot crystals (i'm one of them).

Making gold more easily accessible will encourage players to spend as well- they wouldn't have that thought "oh I have so much ores why do I need to get more dupes now?" thing. Since they will run out of bots and ores to upgrade, they will wanna get newer bots to play and test them out with, and would love to get more duped bots = more ores that they feel they need as a result.

And yes I do play arenas (current score at crystal cornupia is 700k if you're wondering). Even so it is still not enough.
Tagged:

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Arena crystals will fix your gold problem fast. I don't play all that hardcore, and I can consistantly keep 20-40k gold in my bank at all times.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2017
    Lol.. he just said he plays arena.. and besides, 20-40k doesn't even come close to just the rank up cost of a 4* bot.. let alone what it takes to actually level it.

You guys don't know the gold struggle yet ;)
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    This is a bigger issue for players buying crystals and getting lots of dups, which give them lots of class ore. I also have this issue and I think they just want us to buy the Gold crystals, which is very expensive for the small quantity of gold we get most of the time. Adding some gold crystals in the raid store could help a little, as well as earning more gold in the story missions after a fight (the current gold we get there is just ridiculous).
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Sell the ore for gold. It's not a waste if you just consider it all as one resource for upgrading. Most people don't sell it because they consider it a waste in value. However, excess ore has no value to you if you don't have gold.

It's that or grind Arenas even harder if you don't want to buy gold.
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    Or they could just lower the gold needed to rank bots or add a mission for us to get more gold so we dnt have to sell everything we work hard to get and things we spend are hard earned money on. Just add a mission we use energy on and can get some extra gold because we dnt want to have to sell all are ore and then not have enough of that on top of everything.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, that would be great if they did that but working with what we have now, selling ore is the best option. Especially if you're already putting as much time as you can in arena. Just really have to change your mindset that ore is not just ore, it's also a source of gold.

Don't get me wrong, I would love easier and more gold too.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Peyote wrote: »
    This is a bigger issue for players buying crystals and getting lots of dups, which give them lots of class ore. I also have this issue and I think they just want us to buy the Gold crystals, which is very expensive for the small quantity of gold we get most of the time. Adding some gold crystals in the raid store could help a little, as well as earning more gold in the story missions after a fight (the current gold we get there is just ridiculous).

yea gold crystals in raid store will help too. Encourage more ppl to raid when there's no events going on.
    JKL wrote: »
    Sell the ore for gold. It's not a waste if you just consider it all as one resource for upgrading. Most people don't sell it because they consider it a waste in value. However, excess ore has no value to you if you don't have gold.

It's that or grind Arenas even harder if you don't want to buy gold.

I refuse to do so.. never know when will need them. I will usually keep till they're almost to expire then use them to upgrade 2,3, or 4* bots. I play arena so there's always some gold obtained there.. however it's slower than the speed i'm getting those ores.
    Anubis wrote: »
    Or they could just lower the gold needed to rank bots or add a mission for us to get more gold so we dnt have to sell everything we work hard to get and things we spend are hard earned money on. Just add a mission we use energy on and can get some extra gold because we dnt want to have to sell all are ore and then not have enough of that on top of everything.

yes this too.. when spotlight missions are done/over, I usually don't use my energy as once again I don't need the ores anymore.. XP? I'm lvl 41 now. Gimme a mission to farm more gold and I'll gladly dump my energy there.
  • KABAM JUST GREEDY WITH THE ORE AND GOLD.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    An alternative is raising the gold value of ore and other items when you sell them. Right now, selling items for peanuts is just irritating

But yeah, gold is crazy scarce if you play a lot. And ppl, don't say "play arena". It's the most hardcore arena players who have the worst gold constraints

The only ppl who don't have gold shortages are ppl who aren't ranking up new bots on a regular basis
    Trailfire wrote: »
    An alternative is raising the gold value of ore and other items when you sell them. Right now, selling items for peanuts is just irritating

But yeah, gold is crazy scarce if you play a lot. And ppl, don't say "play arena". It's the most hardcore arena players who have the worst gold constraints

The only ppl who don't have gold shortages are ppl who aren't ranking up new bots on a regular basis

yes this.. even getting 300k on both 3* and 4* arenas will still earn less gold than the incoming ores due to neverending dupes from crystals. Even if I were to occasionally push it to 1mil+ for crystal cornupia, 500-700k for 3* and 4*.. still I will have exceess of ores.. like up to 300-500 extra ores minimum in the stash.

This shows an imbalance between gold and ores dont you think? Wayy too much ores but too little gold?

it's basically discouraging players to get crystals.. as some might think they are mostly dupes anyway so why bother more ore? Or even if get a new bot but lacking so much gold to upgrade them? Need to grind like hell in Arena before able to max a 3* to rank 4? Wouldn't this make a player bored even faster? Already Arena is a grind yet the gold shortage adds even more pain to the players?

Also those 7 days gold crystals login.. these days they all give me 2.4k each time I open one.. thought there is a chance to get higher up to 10k or 30k? Seems like each time I instant open one it's around 2-2.4k max. Why such a small amount? Those earned from alliances - gold crystals always give around the same too.. 2.4k is like nothing in this game when you're asking 40k+ gold to rank 4 a 3* bot.
    @Kabam Miike hope you'll take note.. just constructive feedback on gold.
    alliance missions milestones can replace useless T1 basic sparks with 5k gold.. they will add up as we complete more missions every week. AM milestones already give T1 basic sparks I have spares like >10 now and most of the time I sell them off.
  • Pofh1Pofh1 Posts: 50
    The yield:cost for gold away missions is a joke.
    Pofh1 wrote: »
    The yield:cost for gold away missions is a joke.

yea it's like 1k cost to send them away.. and 1k profit... srsly just 1k profit for a 30 mins mission??
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Play arena (both) and you'll earn more than enough chips to cash in for gold. I always have a reserve of 10k arena chips to cash in if needs be for a bot upgrade or something else. Also, do the missions as you can also earn arena chips that way as well.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    You clearly haven't read the whole thread to leave a message like this. Arenas AREN'T enough to rank up bots, far from it.
    And this lacks of gold stopped me many times from buying crystal as I would have a lot of duplicates and no way to use all the ore. It's in the benefit of Kabam to give use more gold to be honest.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Like in so many other games, Gold is a completely redundant resource in this game. There's no reason for it to even be there. You can't buy anything exclusively with gold, so why do we even have it in the game? It just creates another complexity in balancing the game - One that the designers have yet to master.

The solution should be to just drop it as a resource. Ore, Raid Chips, Spark Essences, Crystal Shards and Energon are more than enough to work with. We don't need gold...
  • Hey Commanders!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the subject of gold vs ore gains in the game. Although I can't promise there will be changes made, I will make sure to bring this to the team's attention. Feel free to keep the discussion going! We look forward to hearing what you have to say in regards to this.
    edited July 2017
    Rework wrote: »
    Like in so many other games, Gold is a completely redundant resource in this game. There's no reason for it to even be there. You can't buy anything exclusively with gold, so why do we even have it in the game? It just creates another complexity in balancing the game - One that the designers have yet to master.

The solution should be to just drop it as a resource. Ore, Raid Chips, Spark Essences, Crystal Shards and Energon are more than enough to work with. We don't need gold...

it's to add a layer of challenge to the players and more flavor. Removing gold from the game would make it dull and feels too easy too.
    Peyote wrote: »
    You clearly haven't read the whole thread to leave a message like this. Arenas AREN'T enough to rank up bots, far from it.
    And this lacks of gold stopped me many times from buying crystal as I would have a lot of duplicates and no way to use all the ore. It's in the benefit of Kabam to give use more gold to be honest.

Yes I STRONGLY feel this is true as well. Some more gold would not hurt Kabam but encourage players to spend real $$ to buy crystals too.. since they'll end up using their ores faster and don't mind having more! (not saying to use all 700 of my ores but in this case using down to 150-300 ores left would make me start to feel insecure lol)
    Hey Commanders!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the subject of gold vs ore gains in the game. Although I can't promise there will be changes made, I will make sure to bring this to the team's attention. Feel free to keep the discussion going! We look forward to hearing what you have to say in regards to this.

Thanks @Kabam Rimehaven for listening.. i'm not asking for the floodgates of gold.. just minor boosts to what we're earning so as not to make it too easy/hard to earn gold that's all.. always gotta seek out that sweet spot for gold farming for the good of the players + the game.

maxing out a 2* bot also takes wayy too much gold. And you're encouraging us to forge yet to max out 1 bot takes more than 50k gold. Writing this as I have 70k gold now and it went down to 20k to up Megatron 2* to rank 3 level 28/30.. that's wayyyy expensive for a 2* bots.. have the devs try experiencing the gold crunch themselves + doing this? I bet it pains a lot seeing so much gold gone just to max out a 2*.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    edited September 2017
    Any updates...on this.I just quit playing crystal challenge because I have crystals I can't really convert to ore..ore.inventory was full..and sold my generic ores now..just to make room and have any gold. My bots are all getting to the 3* 40/40 territory and gold is scarce..I don't want to spend the cash on gold crystals..I already use it for alpha essence and new release bot crystals
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Davien wrote: »
    maxing out a 2* bot also takes wayy too much gold. And you're encouraging us to forge yet to max out 1 bot takes more than 50k gold. Writing this as I have 70k gold now and it went down to 20k to up Megatron 2* to rank 3 level 28/30.. that's wayyyy expensive for a 2* bots.. have the devs try experiencing the gold crunch themselves + doing this? I bet it pains a lot seeing so much gold gone just to max out a 2*.

Actually, since you are short on gold, at your level you shouldn't have max level your 2* if you are planning to forge them anyway.

Assuming your aim for forging is forge level and shards, ranking up your 2* just took away too much of gold for the amount of shards you are getting. You earn 55 shards for each dupe, but get only 1 shard for every level. Max ranking 2* gives you a whopping 65 shards for all your trouble, assuming if you compare 2 bots with the same amount of dupes.
  • Hey Commanders!

Just to rephrase and make it clear. We DON'T want the quantity of ORE to DECREASE to make it par with Gold. We want to make the GOLD gain INCREASE. Just saying in advance in case the dev team thinks the former. I for one am experiencing the opposite. I have too much gold and no ore.
  • Same gold issues. I have all the resources to upgrade my bots & mods, but no gold. Even after repeating the completed missions, the amount of gold collected is very less. And sometimes it takes 5 to 6 days to collect adequate gold for upgrading single high level bot/mod.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Rickanoid wrote: »
    Same gold issues. I have all the resources to upgrade my bots & mods, but no gold. Even after repeating the completed missions, the amount of gold collected is very less. And sometimes it takes 5 to 6 days to collect adequate gold for upgrading single high level bot/mod.

Oi. No bumping, check when this thread was made
    Rickanoid wrote: »
    Same gold issues. I have all the resources to upgrade my bots & mods, but no gold. Even after repeating the completed missions, the amount of gold collected is very less. And sometimes it takes 5 to 6 days to collect adequate gold for upgrading single high level bot/mod.

Oi. No bumping, check when this thread was made

yeah latest patch have pretty much addressed the gold issues... for 4* bots at least. 5*s I reckon gonna take a fortune of gold to rank up.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842

yeah latest patch have pretty much addressed the gold issues... for 4* bots at least. 5*s I reckon gonna take a fortune of gold to rank up.

Eh really?? I still don’t have enough gold... how did latest patch address the gold issue???
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Eh really?? I still don’t have enough gold... how did latest patch address the gold issue???

away missions.. keep farming those arena crystals. you'll be surprised how much you'll get.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Faithz17 wrote: »

away missions.. keep farming those arena crystals. you'll be surprised how much you'll get.

Yeah they really outdid the arena crystal missions helps me wonders + gold arenas soon will be great.. hopefully