Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Upcoming Changes to Raids

Comments

• Options
    Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    From what I read and how I understood it, it looks like the matchmaking is going to factor in both medal count and winrate to find a suitable opponent. But the issue remains that this wont fix base defense. Trailfire said it and any of the vets on here live it too. We all can reliably hit bases way higher than our own base. I haven't even bothered messing with my base in ages. It's resources I would rather go to 4* and forging. Were I to care, even after the update, I'm still not going to be seeing defense wins. It's going to end up the same. I'll end up against big bases and have my own base crushed because I just honestly don't care enough to use resources on something that isn't stopping an attacker anyway.

Then there's why your raiding in the first place. The new system being what it is just means I don't have to worry about raids anymore to begin with. The only time I raid now is to get the first 4-5 featured crystals. The itty bitty 2* is just forge fodder for 3* version and a nice little ocassional bonus that I can snag a couple of while grinding for said 4-5 crystals. Ocassionally I'll raid to snag last bit of alpha for a spark but even then, with my limited time, I get enough from AM and Special Missions that this is really rare. But now there aren't featured crystals(Really hoping that part is the temporary part) and just a 2 or 3* version of a bot that honestly, I don't care about because 3* are in my rearview mirror.

Kabam, I cross my fingers the new matchmaking for raids works out. It sounds promising. As for the store tho, leave featured crystals in. A lot of us would rather go for a free chance(however small) at 4* featured bot than a 3* bot that most of us won't have much use for beyond forging.
  • Options
    LafozaLafoza Posts: 28
    edited August 2017
    First we need to play on this changes so we can see how good or bad they will be. But 10 000 event chips for 3* bot its almost impossible to collect. I got over 2k medals and I get 130 event chips per successful raid. So lets make simple calculation. I need to make 77 raid wins for let say 7 days. So I need to be in game min 12 hours for that or I need to buy extra raid tickets to shorten the time. But even if we buy raid tickets we need min 140 min average time JUST for raiding .

So may be we can get option to spend raid chips to buy event raid chips ?
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Here is one suggestion, how about you incorporate the featured bot crystal shards into raids somehow. I think most people have earned some shockwave crystals shards and starscream crystals shards in the arena, but not even close to the amount needed for a crystal. If they could be earned during the raid event as well they might actually becoming meaningful.
  • Options
    I'm beyond tired of getting penalized for being dropped while the raid is loading. Drops are a big issue too and l hope that's being fixed, finally.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited August 2017
    Bigbowlr wrote: »
    I hate that you need 10k to buy the 3*. Unless your increase the amount of chips won, you're expecting the player base to win between 70-100 raids a week for a single 3*. It would have been a nice ADDITION but to flat out remove the crystals is just forcing players to grind half the week for a single 3*. Please keep the crystals and just add the option of the 3*

yes please address this @Kabam Miike .. you seriously expect us to win 70 raids on a minimum just to get a 3* bot at raid store?? They all must be a win.. have you tried winning 70 raids in a week yourself? Do you know how hard is that?

Please increase the amount of bot chips won, if you're really serious about giving players a chance in getting the 3* bot at raid store.

3* bots are worthless anyway once 4* is more common place with T3 sparks. So hope you won't be stingy in this area of the game.
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    70 raids in a week... I think a lot of people do that already, just for t1a don't they?

It usually takes me 3 raids for the first t1a and two for each of the others. That's 9/day already. It only takes one extra raid per day to reach 70.

I think it's worth seeing how this change actually works once it's implemented before we pass too damning a judgment on it
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Trailfire wrote: »
    70 raids in a week... I think a lot of people do that already, just for t1a don't they?

It usually takes me 3 raids for the first t1a and two for each of the others. That's 9/day already. It only takes one extra raid per day to reach 70.

I think it's worth seeing how this change actually works once it's implemented before we pass too damning a judgment on it

I think "a lot of people" is an overstatement. I'm in a pretty badass alliance and even here not a lot of people do regular raiding. The Alpha influx with AM, Event etc. is alright. I'm currently getting alphas at the same rate I get gold & iso for leveling up, so no need for those extra shards.

• Options
    I'm willing to wait and see at this point as long as the crashing is removed. At this point I believe it's been left unfixed to get some kind of balance in the system? If it stays you will never get a true measure of player abilities or gain player interest, it will remain an annoying chore.
    That said, I'm hoping the new system caters to players of all levels and offers some kind of choices for difficulties and rewards
  • Options
    Well if we need 10K in character chips I hope your increasing the payout even if we do get some upon a successful defense because the most I have been able to do is just over 8K and that's some grinding.
  • Options
    Still crashing during raids. I've done 5 raids and crashed twice. Why can't you eliminate the penalty for crashing during loading like you did for alliance missions? Almost lost 2k health from the last crash.

p01vk0nbggix.png
  • Options
    10k bot chips to get a 3*....before I only raided during the bot events in hopes of pulling the featured bot, now having to win 70-80 raids in the week for the 3* bot is impossible for anyone with a life. I don't mind the idea of being able to purchase the bot, but there needs to be a way to acquire more bot chips. Any plans to change this soon? @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited August 2017
    Is raid ascent going to be adjusted to accommodate for these major changes?

Regarding matching, like some others have noted, some people don't care about their base defense, it takes far too many resources to do all 7 bots, so most would rather put the resources into the raid, AM, story or away mission teams. 7 more bots for defense is really a last priority.

Also Kabam said that people are aiming lower than what they should. There's actually multiple reasons for this, heres 4:

The game is unstable and constantly crashes, giving a health penalty. I can't face equal level opponents when I get -25% max health on a bot. That handicap is too big and just creates stress if it's a challenging opponent.

Harm accelerator is still a huge problem. It's an even bigger problem and compounded when facing high rank bots. A 3* rank 4 max level with HA does absurd damage compared to any regular node. It's not fair, not fun and just stressful to play.

(You said many have complained about base defense being useless. However, one of the most commented threads on the forum is about the problems of harm accelerator and and a pretty obvious cause of the problem).

It's raid blitz/ascent and people just need to get some points on the board before time runs out and are busy with having a real life so they go for the less challenging option.

They're actually fixing the problem. If someone has a high medal count and low base, those people will naturally get targeted and the ELO system will balance things out.

Remove the problems and reasons why people don't fight strong opponents instead of removing the choice about who they fight.

Changing it from 3 to 1 choice and charging to refresh doesn't fix the problem, it just looks like a way to charge people to get the same effect they have now.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    Still think a direct purchase of a 3* is better than feature crystals?

It's kinda funny... Kabam finally awards raid chips for succesful defense and simultaneously removes feature crystals where a few defense wins might now help get you to that 5th and 6th feature crystal.

I'd rather have 4 or 5 chances at a 3* or 4* bot than one miniscule chance at collecting enough chips to get a single 3* bot.

It woulda been a decent idea if they actually scaled bot chips at a better rate. As it stands they have created another unattainable goal line for the vast majority of the player base.

Maybe it's on purpose to see how many players can or will actually grind for it, and adjust the requirements at a later date.

I, for one, will not be.
  • Options
    The two major issues were not addressed, Plain and simple: raid still sucks
    I don't need to log on and play tf to get kicked in the nuts. A good challenge is fun, this is not
  • Options
    KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    edited August 2017
    Just got my 1st raid on this stupid raid system.

Got matched up with a 10k+ base with all bots well above my highest bot rating even after considering the advantage.

Verdict? Removing choice of opponent and charge for refresh is definitely a money grab.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Or maybe you were rated higher than yo should have been
  • Options
    I believe the raid system should reflect squad strength, rather than medals. I cannot get a fair matched opponent now. I am overpowered by 4x in some raids. Of course if I threw a bunch of money at the game in the form of energon to buy revive and repair kits......wait a minute. I just figured out what is going on with the new raid system (tongue in cheek).
  • Options
    And the crash penalty issue. Lost a match earlier in a raid due to the crash and loss of 1000 health points.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike Please consider rewarding shockwave bot chips on a successful defense.. even 60 will go a long way to help us get 10k.. else there is no reason for us to put on a strong defense as our medal count will go up even faster!
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Ditching the featured crystals was a very weird choice. They were universally popular; the only complaint was the price gradient.

While I personally prefer a guaranteed 3* to 3-4 featured crystals, that isn't the trade off here. It's a guaranteed 3* instead of about 6 featured crystals, but neither the 6 crystals nor the 3* are reasonably obtainable.

The only major change here is that instead of 6 discrete units we have one discrete unit, meaning it's an all-or-nothing sale. That's actually a step backward in terms of accessibility.

Raids may be set to be a less fun, second rate arena if this is the permanent price/reward structure. I'm hoping we can either keep the featured crystals as well as the 2&3* bot chip thing.

if you do really want to keep the price so high, then maybe consider making all bot chips fungable and permanent currency that can be used in any week players choose, so we can accumulate them over weeks until we have 100k
  • Options
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Ditching the featured crystals was a very weird choice. They were universally popular; the only complaint was the price gradient.

While I personally prefer a guaranteed 3* to 3-4 featured crystals, that isn't the trade off here. It's a guaranteed 3* instead of about 6 featured crystals, but neither the 6 crystals nor the 3* are reasonably obtainable.

The only major change here is that instead of 6 discrete units we have one discrete unit, meaning it's an all-or-nothing sale. That's actually a step backward in terms of accessibility.

Raids may be set to be a less fun, second rate arena if this is the permanent price/reward structure. I'm hoping we can either keep the featured crystals as well as the 2&3* bot chip thing.

if you do really want to keep the price so high, then maybe consider making all bot chips fungable and permanent currency that can be used in any week players choose, so we can accumulate them over weeks until we have 100k

yes this is a good idea too... make those bot chips accumulatable rather than being useless once a raid event is over.
  • Options
    Lurker here but felt the need to finally login and comment because of these "improvement" to raids ....

Please do not insult our intelligence Kabam. The reason for the changes to finding opponents in raid is moot/nonsense for the simple fact that we can still refresh opponents, albeit now using energon. What used to be a free choice of 3 opponents now requires energon to have the same option.

Also as some have pointed out already, medals is not the concrete way to gauge the strength of a player. Some people will just lose intentionally to lower their medal count in order to fight weaker opponents. Why not just use player rating instead of medal? Then make it so that the defending player has a few more player rating than the attacking player to offset the fact that Player is greater than AI.
  • Options
    Short summery of my impressions so far:

Attacks won: 100%
    Defenses won: 0%
    Noticable changes: I get less rewards for the same effort
    Chances I will do 100+ raids to get a 3* Shockwave: If hell freezes over

Overall amount of impressedness: McKayla Maroney
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Guess also in all the complaining everyone also failing to realize the share amount of alphas went up
  • Options
    Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    As someone who is very mid tier: The net result is pretty moot. I am still fighting bases around 7000 defense. Winning most of them with my B team. I wish the crystal were still available and I will never have enough to buy the three star by virtue of not enough time to play. I am glad I am getting raid chips for a successful defense. Since the changes I have lost 4 and won 2 base defense. The same ratio I was winning before. Overall pretty happy with the changes as I get 500 t1a per buy. That is 2000 per day and that makes all of the changes a gigantic net benefit for me.
  • Options
    There is a MASSIVE problem that I am always facing in the new Raid System. This problem is that whenever I want to raid a base (because I really want to obtain Shockwave) I am always getting matched up with enemies who have a base rating of 2.5k or more and most of the time it's 3k or more when the highest Squad rating I can get is around only 1k.
    This just makes raids a lot more frustrating than fun which is what it was previous when I went against bases that were actually of my rating in the old system because I have to constantly have all my bots KO'd in the first 2 or 3 rights which makes me gain a very few amount of Shockwave Chips.
    I know people are just gonna say "Upgrade your bots" or something similar but the thing is I have and I have no resources to upgrade them further. I would rather like to be matched up against opponents of my level rather than deal with people who are over 10 levels above me and have so many stronger bases than my squad can handle so please if it can be fixed even if it means that my amount of medals ends up getting smaller I just want to go against bases that I actually have a chance in winning rather than getting absolutely stomped each time.
  • Options
    It's not complaining, it is sharing legitimate grievances. The comments show that this helped those who are top tier or mid tier, but penalizes those that are still growing. This fix is like the old saying of trying to kill a fly with a hammer.
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Guess also in all the complaining everyone also failing to realize the share amount of alphas went up

Not worth much if you get less chips on average per raid now.
  • Options
    w8stedw8sted Posts: 27
    I am unable to get 'revenge' on players that have attacked me. Why fix something that was not broke to begin with or implement something that is not completely working?
  • Options
    w8stedw8sted Posts: 27
    nevermind... you guys got rid of it.....ugghhh.