Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Upcoming Balance Adjustments: Mod Edition [UPDATE Sept 12 11:06 PDT]

edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Commanders! Our next round of Balance changes will be coming with our 3.1 update.

This time, we chose to focus on Mods, making the more overpowered ones more in line with the rest of the Mods available, while still maintaining their strength and utility, and also bringing up the power or usability of some under utilized Mods, making them more of a worthy challenge.

Transwarp Cell
- Bots are most likely to use their Heavy Attack when paired with this Mod

Paralyzer
- Raise the chance to stun on Special attacks from 22~40% to 60~80%
- Bots will be more aggressive when opponent is stunned

Security Module
- Increased chance to trigger Armor Up from 8~9.6% to 8.4~10%
- Decreased Armor Up strength from 18~34% to 12~20%
- Armor buffs can stack to a maximum of 3
- The mod no longer purifies Armor Breaks

Harm Accelerator
- Additional Bleed debuffs will only trigger when a special attack successfully lands on opponent

Laser Guidance Module
- Damage no longer scales damage by a percentage, it instead deals an extra 17.5%~30% flat damage on all Ranged Attacks.
- Projectile speed has been decreased from 60~85% to 40~70%.
- Additional damage equal to [X] of the bot’s Attack Rating.

Additionally, we are making some improvements to the descriptions of Bots and their Attacks to better reflect their abilities.

- Soundwave's description will indicate that he does not generate power from hitting opponents, and only from using his Heavy and Sp2.

- Updated Rhinox's Shield description to "Starts the fight with [X] Shield Buffs which are removed each time Rhinox is hit by a Basic or Heavy Melee Attack. While Rhinox’s Shield is active, powerful enemy attacks cannot deal more than [X] of the opponent’s Attack Rating in a single hit.

Updated Arcee, Barricade and Sideswipe's Evade descriptions to indicate that they can evade both Basic and Special Attacks.

NOTE: These changes have not altered the Bots or their abilities in any way, but only more clearly communicates their abilities, or fixes misleading descriptions.

These Balance updates will be activated on September 13th, with the drop of our 3.1 Update.

UPDATE: Hey Folks,

Unfortunately, we are going to be delaying the Launch of Version 3.1. This means that these adjustments will be delayed as well.

We'll let you know more as we get more details, and have a new estimate on the release of Version 3.1.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hallelujah, Harm Accelerator got fixed!
  • CandKane wrote: »
    Hallelujah, Harm Accelerator got fixed!

Yes! And we realize that this maybe wasn't exactly the adjustment you guys were hoping for with Harm Accelerator, but we didn't want to remove its usability completely, and will also continue to monitor its performance to ensure that the adjustment we made does indeed achieve the goal.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I thought Security Module was already pretty vanilla; didn't see the need to add more vanilla to it by removing the armor debuff purifier.
  • Please turn your attention to the laser guidance mod next. Megaton with this mod is almost impossible to beat. One wrong move and you lose about half your health.

Please look into it.
  • I've always felt this was the most broken part of HA from the first time I encountered one. The conflict between baiting attacks to avoid SP3 and not wanting them to special because you would take additional bleed stacks made no sense. Literally the only way around it was full on bleed protection.
  • tekkn1kal wrote: »
    I've always felt this was the most broken part of HA from the first time I encountered one. The conflict between baiting attacks to avoid SP3 and not wanting them to special because you would take additional bleed stacks made no sense. Literally the only way around it was full on bleed protection.

And that's one of things we wanted to avoid. So, MV1 and Grimlock will still be great against Harm Accelerator, but not the only viable options.
  • Nightchris wrote: »
    Please turn your attention to the laser guidance mod next. Megaton with this mod is almost impossible to beat. One wrong move and you lose about half your health.

Please look into it.

Definitely will make sure it's added to the Team's list of things to watch!
    Laser mod is fine. HA's can't be dodged, lasers can.
  • Nightchris wrote: »
    Please turn your attention to the laser guidance mod next. Megaton with this mod is almost impossible to beat. One wrong move and you lose about half your health.

Please look into it.

Well, I'm an idiot. There is an update for Laser Guidance Module, but I neglected to add it. Which I should have seen because I thought there was an adjustment coming for it as well. I've added it now.

Laser Guidance Module
    - Damage no longer scales damage by a percentage, it instead deals an extra 17.5%~30% flat damage on all Ranged Attacks.

I really think nerfing laser mod is a mistake. It's a mod that you can take no damage on; you just need skill. That's why players put on their base.

I'm not gonna lie, the changes made to HA were needed, but the Laser mod changes are disappointing.

Are we just going to give everybody participation trophies now?
  • I'm sorry but Arcee's evade is permanent, you can't avoid or play around it. Triggering on specials is not fair, and it's overpowered.

Sideswipe and Barricade are temporary and you can wait for the timer to expire, at least a player can try to avoid it.

Arcee you can't do anything, rendering some character specials useless.

To be honest, it looks like it wasn't possible to fix Arcee so instead we're just changing the text to match what's happening in game.

The HA change was one of the suggestions the community made, it's good to see and makes it a bit more fair. Skill now allows you to take less damage. Skill based anything is good to have.

For LG I don't understand the difference between scaling percentage and flat percentage? Can that be explained?

And depending on the additional X damage, it could make basic range attacks do even more damage than before.
  • Never had much problem with LG, except maybe paired with Wasp and I hate that bug anyways. As far as Harm goes, the change made was the perfect one. It's not nerfed into worthlessness, but it's all about skill now
  • Terminal wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Arcee's evade is permanent, you can't avoid or play around it. Triggering on specials is not fair, and it's overpowered.

Sideswipe and Barricade are temporary and you can wait for the timer to expire, at least a player can try to avoid it.

Arcee you can't do anything, rendering some character specials useless.

To be honest, it looks like it wasn't possible to fix Arcee so instead we're just changing the text to match what's happening in game.

The HA change was one of the suggestions the community made, it's good to see and makes it a bit more fair. Skill now allows you to take less damage. Skill based anything is good to have.

For LG I don't understand the difference between scaling percentage and flat percentage? Can that be explained?

And depending on the additional X damage, it could make basic range attacks do even more damage than before.

I'll get more information on the Laser Guidance changes, but it will NOT be more powerful.

As for Arcee, this was always the way she was intended to work. We're just clearing that up now. As for her being able to evade those specials... Well, frankly, some Bots are just better against others. Choosing the right Bot for the job is an important part of the game!
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    edited September 2017

As for Arcee, this was always the way she was intended to work. We're just clearing that up now. As for her being able to evade those specials... Well, frankly, some Bots are just better against others. Choosing the right Bot for the job is an important part of the game!

Personally I think evade triggering at the start of a Special or when it was blocked (for multi part Specials) is fair game, but can we at least not having them triggered after a Special has already hit? We can't even evade a Special if it already landed the first hit, why should Evade ability be treated differently?
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    I really think nerfing laser mod is a mistake. It's a mod that you can take no damage on; you just need skill. That's why players put on their base.

I'm not gonna lie, the changes made to HA were needed, but the Laser mod changes are disappointing.

Are we just going to give everybody participation trophies now?

Agree completely. Bring the other mods up, fix matchmaking, and you should be good to go. Don't need to dumb things down or raiding just becomes a grind because there is no difficulty.
  • CandKane wrote: »
    Hallelujah, Harm Accelerator got fixed!

Yes! And we realize that this maybe wasn't exactly the adjustment you guys were hoping for with Harm Accelerator, but we didn't want to remove its usability completely, and will also continue to monitor its performance to ensure that the adjustment we made does indeed achieve the goal.

Actually I think it's exactly the change to Harm that most of us were hoping for! On this one at least, I think you nailed it
  • Yeeeessss!!!! Thank you @Kabam Miike for listening to me about laser guidance mod, it really is doing far more damage then it should be
  • All the other mods are fine i think but laser mod is unreal pretty much GOD like one mistake and you are done and idk bout others but im not a GOD i make mistakes cant always be perfect especially against wasp i dont care how good you are no matter what you're getting hit by some ranged attacks cuz even when you side step and range him he just sidesteps it toomand still hits you or if you sidestep then rush him you get wrecked worse but that's where the ai being ridiculous comes into the picture but that's another discussion
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited September 2017
    you have never face a 1500 duped Megatron on a 3-4* range mod.. you will cry tears even from his basic range attacks! Once he gets enough of those impair charges on u (like just 10-20).. one heavy attack can instant KO u with the range mod on!!! So pleaseee this is a good change!! Thank you Kabam for doing this!!

And btw, I've used my 1400 Mirage 3* duped vs the above before.. He will still die in a short time with just 1-2 mistakes. My Ironhide 4* duped 1800 PI has also lost to a lower PI megatron due to this setup too.

2* range mods are still bearable but not when it's a duped 3* or 4* range mod.. Its capabilities are terrifying. In the past it was Waspinator which was still sort of ok.. but not with launch of Megatron + his unstoppable.. makes it much harder to anticipate and avoid.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited September 2017
    September 13th is in the middle of an AM cycle. Have you learnt nothing from your previous mistake of doing it on the day before AM? Now doing it in the middle? I'm sure there are tons of small and unmentionable hidden fixes that may just end up being devastatingly broken one way or another, considering your current track record. Please reconsider the date, @Kabam Miike
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Looks good to me from the point of an attacker, even though it's now going to be even more impossible to defend your base.

I still think the raid system has a long way to go, but at least you make steps in the right direction.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Thank god harm accelerator will get nerfed, it's really terrifying whenever you get another bleed stack
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited September 2017
    Hmm, I have the game's strongest MT on a maxed out 3* laser mod and people get through him all the time. Frankly, I don't care if people get by my base, but it is a point of contention because it shows that people who are skilled can work their way by MT+laser with ease.

Laser mod is and always has been the most fun mod for me to go up against, primarily because it was challenging. It was never about bringing a bot that counters it completely (like MV1 with HA), and it isn't about just doing some tedious thing in order to get by it easily like most of the other mods.

Definitely bummed that it is getting changed... especially the speed aspect of it, because that is what made it so fun and intense. The only similar experience now is Starscream mini in AM.

I fully understand that this game needs to be accessible to people who are just starting out, but to me, the answer is bringing up all the other mods to a comparable position, and working on matchmaking so that weaker opponents aren't commonly matched up against bases they have no shot at beating.
  • Commanders! Our next round of Balance changes will be coming with our 3.1 update.

This time, we chose to focus on Mods, making the more overpowered ones more in line with the rest of the Mods available, while still maintaining their strength and utility, and also bringing up the power or usability of some under utilized Mods, making them more of a worthy challenge.

Transwarp Cell
    - Bots are most likely to use their Heavy Attack when paired with this Mod

Paralyzer
    - Raise the chance to stun on Special attacks from 22~40% to 60~80%
    - Bots will be more aggressive when opponent is stunned

Security Module
    - Increased chance to trigger Armor Up from 8~9.6% to 8.4~10%
    - Decreased Armor Up strength from 18~34% to 12~20%
    - Armor buffs can stack to a maximum of 3
    - The mod no longer purifies Armor Breaks

Harm Accelerator
    - Additional Bleed debuffs will only trigger when a special attack successfully lands on opponent

Laser Guidance Module

Additionally, we
  • Can you guys buff shock wave hes not that good i have his 3 star rank 3 and he needs better links or synergys and he need more abilitys shock damage and health block is not that much and can you buff bludgeoun he never bleeds for me can you buff his bleed chance by 40-47% or as much as wind blade and can you fix his signiture i dont like it that every time i miss he gets a crytical damage buff its not that good can you plz fix that mike
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    I feel this update to lgm is one step backwards in raid, the whole raid update was made in part because no one could win a def, so we get an update people start using mega and lgm which is a good combo that IS BEATABLE, and then people finally start winning def. so people who (no offense) suck at the game start crying and saying it's overpowered. Now we are back to square one with raids not being winnable on def at all. The system needs to be changed to more of an am style map where the outer 2 nodes link to the inner node giving say attack and health boosts and you have to choose one to take and the other to face then in the middle node
  • Can you buff shock wave i jave his 3 star rank 3 hes not that good he needs more links or synergies and he needs more abilitys like bleed or some thing and can you buff bludgeonhes REALLY under powerd he almost never bleeds and needs another signiture becouse rightnow his signiture sucks and abilitys
  • Pofh1Pofh1 Posts: 50
    Davien wrote: »
    you have never face a 1500 duped Megatron on a 3-4* range mod.. you will cry tears even from his basic range attacks! Once he gets enough of those impair charges on u (like just 10-20).. one heavy attack can instant KO u with the range mod on!!! So pleaseee this is a good change!! Thank you Kabam for doing this!!

And btw, I've used my 1400 Mirage 3* duped vs the above before.. He will still die in a short time with just 1-2 mistakes. My Ironhide 4* duped 1800 PI has also lost to a lower PI megatron due to this setup too.

2* range mods are still bearable but not when it's a duped 3* or 4* range mod.. Its capabilities are terrifying. In the past it was Waspinator which was still sort of ok.. but not with launch of Megatron + his unstoppable.. makes it much harder to anticipate and avoid.

Agree, I just encountered this in a raid. Normally my maxed out Mirage can put a real hurt on Megatron, but with LGM, just his heavies annihilated Mirage.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    edited September 2017
    So basically, make everything weaker for those players already invested in the game for a longer time (and money wise) so that the new, [removed by moderation] can feel good about themselves and advance? Great Job Kabam.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Dircules wrote: »
    September 13th is in the middle of an AM cycle. Have you learnt nothing from your previous mistake of doing it on the day before AM? Now doing it in the middle? I'm sure there are tons of small and unmentionable hidden fixes that may just end up being devastatingly broken one way or another, considering your current track record. Please reconsider the date, @Kabam Miike

@Dircules makes a good point. At least it's on the last day of AMs but pretty much all your updates have created new issues/bugs. We don't want another messed up AM on our hands. Pushing it off one more day could be better for everyone.