Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dangerous Waters - Duped Sharks broken?

In the Dangerous Waters arenas, you're rewarded at certain tiers with the 2 star Sharkticons. Upon receiving your first dupe of each it will awaken the corresponding duplicate, but normally dupes result in Gold, Ore, and crystal shards as well. The duped sharks from the arena do not appear to do anything beyond awakening the original bot. You don't get the additional resources that duplicates usually give you.

I checked my crystal shard counts before claiming the sharkticon reward in the arena (for the 4th day or so since DW started), and after claiming the duplicate shark there were no increases on any type of crystal shards. If I had known that I was wasting my shark rewards for the last several days I would have ranked and forged my sharks after they were awakened...

This has already been submitted to Kabam Support, but figured I'd see if anyone else noticed that same thing. Can you provide any insight here @Kabam Miike ?

Comments

• For anyone else who may want the clarification
    Greetings Commander,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you were unable to receive the duplicate rewards for duplicating your 2 Star Sharkticon from the Dangerous Waters Arena.

I checked your account and I can see here that you have claimed a 2 Star Sharkticon from the Dangerous Waters Arena on September 27, 2020 PST wherein you have also received the following duplicate rewards:

2xT1 Basic Spark
    3x Tier 1 Warrior Ore-13
    1057x Gold
    +5 Signature Ability Level

I am afraid that duplicating Bots from the arena does not provide crystal shards. I do apologize for any confusion this has brought you with and I hope I was able to help clear things up for you.

If you have any new concerns or questions, please contact us again. We would be happy to assist you. Have a good day!

Best Regards,
    Maze
    Kabam Support

This response had like a 1 hour turnaround time which is pretty sweet
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited September 2020
    Pulling sharks has never resulted in shark crystal shards of the next tier, I believe. The upgrade to bot crystal shards did not extend to sharks, unfortunately. The only way to earn shark crystal shards is to forge away lower tier sharks, but since they yield a lot more shards than regular bots, kabam probably decided it would be too many extra shards for them to behave like regular bots.
  • mlb5000 wrote: »
    In the Dangerous Waters arenas, you're rewarded at certain tiers with the 2 star Sharkticons. Upon receiving your first dupe of each it will awaken the corresponding duplicate, but normally dupes result in Gold, Ore, and crystal shards as well. The duped sharks from the arena do not appear to do anything beyond awakening the original bot. You don't get the additional resources that duplicates usually give you.

I checked my crystal shard counts before claiming the sharkticon reward in the arena (for the 4th day or so since DW started), and after claiming the duplicate shark there were no increases on any type of crystal shards. If I had known that I was wasting my shark rewards for the last several days I would have ranked and forged my sharks after they were awakened...

This has already been submitted to Kabam Support, but figured I'd see if anyone else noticed that same thing. Can you provide any insight here @Kabam Miike ?

See mods? THIS is why we still need the forums! So that commander can ask others if they are experiencing the same problem... and yes I noticed the same thing too @mlb5000
  • mlb5000 wrote: »

See mods? THIS is why we still need the forums! So that commander can ask others if they are experiencing the same problem... and yes I noticed the same thing too @mlb5000

Actually that is not true. If he/she had asked the same question in Discord, it would had been answer very quickly there as well. What we do need forums is for memes, cursed images and etc. But most importantly, to keep the topics organize. Here you can view them easily but on Discord you have to scroll a lot to view something in the past.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited October 2020
    mlb5000 wrote: »

Actually that is not true. If he/she had asked the same question in Discord, it would had been answer very quickly there as well. What we do need forums is for memes, cursed images and etc. But most importantly, to keep the topics organize. Here you can view them easily but on Discord you have to scroll a lot to view something in the past.

Answered by who? A player or a game team mod? Are you saying the OP should not have submitted a support ticket to Kabam and instead gone to Discord?
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    mlb5000 wrote: »

Answered by who? A player or a game team mod? Are you saying the OP should not have submitted a support ticket to Kabam and instead gone to Discord?

Game team mods answer
    If they happen to be vydious or miike
    And then others join in
    This I've seen sometimes
    Not always though
  • Ooh I've also not been receiving the 4 star shark shards from the rank rewards! It shows that I claimed them, but it doesnt add up to my total shard count! Anyone else having this problem?