Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rhinox electrical debuff

Rhinox' electrical debuff is broken overpowered. I had full hp to begin the fight, hit him 36 times and he did not hit me once, yet KO'd me because of his electrical debuff (stacked 4 or 5 times) It's an unfair and unnessesary way to make players pay to revive and heal at this level of alliance missions. It needs a good nerf. Please scale it way back.

Comments

• PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    His debuff only activate on heavy attacks and special attacks (and maybe critical as I've rad on the forum but I have never seen it). So to avoid that, destroy his shield with basic melee attacks before using any of the stuff I mentionned above.
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    That's what it should be. But prowl gets it basic melee. I had a stack of 4 or 5 debuffs on my. Flawless fight, took no hits, and killed me from full hp
    This is rhinox beside megatron
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Bubian wrote: »
    That's what it should be. But prowl gets it basic melee. I had a stack of 4 or 5 debuffs on my. Flawless fight, took no hits, and killed me from full hp

It's because prowls attack buffs put him over threshold same as low health motor ect a med hit crit from wb
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    It's called baiting his special and than dodging it. It requires skill to do this. You can't just hit him and let his special build to a full bar.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    That's absolulety not what he said. He complained abut the electric debuff we get when heavy hitting Rhinox's shield. Nothing to with being hit by a special (where did you see that, he clearly said he wasn't hit once).
    Thanks Peyote. Smirky didn't read anything I had written obviously. ( And with prowl, enemies do not get to use any specials against you. )

I feel if you have class advantage, the debuff should not proc against you nearly as much as non-class advantage.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Haven't done the fight with prowl yet but I know it's the same with windblade and is a pointless fight as u know going in it will most likely cost you
    I agree the fact the class that's suppose to have advantage triggers it most is dumb.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Took him on in last AM with prowl, not realizing how much damage they can do, charged melee and attacked, got 5 shock stacks that ate 70% hp before I won.
    Yep and 150 energon to heal up x2 since there's 2 rhinox. Class advantage should be immune or proc this way less or take 1/4 damage. Not kill you on a flawless fight
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    You have to take certain bots that don't hit so powerfully on a single hit like Prowl / OP / Barricade / Windblade do. The bots that hit smaller multi hits like Bee or Sideswipe work well.

This sort of "taking a specific bot to alliance mission for just one specific fight" is commonplace from mcoc, so I guess it doesn't phase me as much after being used to it for the last 3 years.

All I can say is there is little likelihood of Kabam changing it since there is a simple counter to it. If it was more of a BS thing where there was no counter, I could see them modifying it, but stuff like this has been complained about and they have not wavered in mcoc... don't see them changing their M.O. in TFTF.
    Point being the bots suppose to be a rhinox killer... scouts get themselves killed.

Would be like bw in mcoc triggering electro instead of not

And mike keeps insisting different team different game anyhow lol
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    IMO class advantage in this game sucks for "supposed to kill xyz bots" though. Some of the best bots to kill each bot are outside of class advantage.

I get what you're saying, just don't see much example of that being the case anywhere in the game, not just Rhinox.

They should have just made Bee a scout and this might be less of an issue :)
    Well when soundwave was released we complained about ih specials or rhinox specials hitting reflect and one the devs actually came one and said well scouts specials wouldn't reflect because they are designed with that in mind, since they are suppose to kill tech...

So just assume similar logic would transfer to other part
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Just remember this rule of thumb..

If something forces you to spend more energon, it's balanced.

If something makes it so that we can save energon, it's "broken" and it will be looked at immediately, and changed in a way that is wrapped up as a "benefit" to players.. just like the new arena stacked buffs.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited July 2017
    Agree with Bubian & Jon. Rhinox shield explosions are a cool idea, but their trigger is designed to really damage scouts and pose no threat at all to demolition bots since all their major attacks are ranged.

Bots like WB, SS, Prowl, Bee etc that get lots of attack buffs though... they have no way around receiving damage from Rhinox shields, even though they're supposed to able to take down tech bots. It's a pretty weird design decision.

I'd hope the shields stay, but it might be worth revisiting how their explosions are triggered. It'd also be helpful if the trigger was actually described in the character description