Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Basic, Teir, and Alpha Spark Bounty Arena

Dynamic_Yoshi_2017Dynamic_Yoshi_2017 Posts: 41
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I was thinking since we already have a Crystal Bounty arena, why not have a Basic, Teir, and Alpha Spark Bounty Arena? The top prize would consist of a multiple of each Basic, Teir, and Alpha Spark needed for ranking up bots regardless if they are a 1*, 2*, 3*, or 4* bot, plus it would be what lower level players would essentially need.

Instead of just doing the dailies repeatedly, they can compete in a Bounty arena that consists of bot ranking items without the cost of using nodes needed for other missions such as Spotlight or Story missions. I think this would be an excellent idea!!! Please give your feedback on this topic

Comments

• Would be great. This could be a good company to Crystal bounty on weekends.
  • Dynamic_Yoshi_2017Dynamic_Yoshi_2017 Posts: 41
    edited September 2017
    Yes indeed, again, everyone feel free to give your own feedback on this topic, it would help get this idea out and possibly it could be implemented into the game!
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    This would be sweet
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I feel these resources are readily available already through the raid store and daily missions. I understand that players starting out could use a faster way to gain resources but you will still be limited by the big resource, gold.

Now, if there was an arena that paid a significant amount of gold, I would be highly interested.
  • StealthmodeStealthmode Posts: 218
    edited September 2017
    Yes this is a great idea. Maybe if you alternate with them, like crystal bounty one week then spark bounty another…
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Would spread out arenas too much unless they were run simultaneously with a bot arena, crystal bounty already only runs every 2 weeks
  • Crystal bounty is already only every second week, and frankly it's the single best source of 4* crystals, so alternating it with another arena wouldn't be cool for players at all

Honestly, there are loads of ways to get sparks now. They're still a hurdle, but there are lots of options. Getting hold of 4* bots though, it's pretty impossible to get more than 1 / week without spending a huge amount of cash, and for most people getting any at all is really difficult
  • That's why I said "company Crystal Bounty". I mean having Crystal and Spark Bounty side by side. That's also a better way to gain arena chips (gold) on weekends. For now, only one arena is on for the weekend if it's Crystal Bounty.
  • I think it would be better to have this type of Arena since it won't take up nodes to get sparks in arena unlike the other ways to obtain them by sacrificing nodes.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited September 2017
    dont need to.. u can get more of those mats from AM (after completing a session).. your alliance need to stop being laid back and ramp up the difficulty every now and then. If not then it's time for you to leave to a stronger alliance that aren't wussies in attempting harder AM difficulty for map 2. Aim for difficulty 50-60 then you'll get what I mean in terms of the rewards. The key is forging even when you have just maxed out 3* bots + getting your masteries right. When you + majority of your alliance do that.. they can then complete difficulty 50+ . 4* rank 3s will help a lot too if you have them.
  • I still think that a Spark Bounty Arena is the way to go cause all the methods of getting sparks requires nodes which wastes time to replenish said nodes
  • See it from my standpoint, a Spark Bounty Arena will be a quicker way to get sparks cause you can rack up the milestone rewards.

Instead of competing in other events such as missions to get sparks and using up a lot of nodes that you would want to use for doing other missions, you could just do a Spark Bounty Arena and not have to wait for nodes to replenish cause you wouldn't be using them since it would be an Arena and Arenas don't require nodes.

What I'm trying to say is it's better to have a Spark Bounty Arena than to go on missions and deplete nodes getting sparks and waiting hours on end to fully replenish your nodes to get more Sparks.

Moral of the story is, ARENAS DO NOT REQUIRE NODES!!!

• @Dynamic_Yoshi_2017 It's not called nodes, it's called mission energy. Nodes are those standing points of opponents/chests/just nothing which are connected by solid/dotted/half-solid lines.
  • Ah, ok my bad
    edited September 2017
    I'm just happy that players have noticed this idea and are stating their opinions, I knew this topic would grab players attention from the moment I posted it to now. I hope players keep talking about this idea so we don't have to waste anymore energy to get sparks on dailies that are only 24 hours.

That is not enough time to get enough sparks to rank bots up, absolutely not!! The time taken to fully restore energy plus the time it takes to get a certain tier spark from the dailies basically jeopardizes the purpose of getting enough sparks to rank up bots.

Furthermore obtaining spark crystals is the better more efficient way to get the sparks you need to rank up bots quicker.

Please feel free to continue discussing this idea further. And thanks to those who have already made their opinions known.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    Hmm, doesn't really make sense when these are easily available in raids/spotlights/alliance missions.. and things like AM, Kabam has said their purpose is to have the rank up materials.

Arena purpose is new bots. All the other areas is the stuff to level them up.

Diluting the only area that has bots, in particular 4* shards, would be terrible.

It makes even less sense after we've just had a t3basic raid event.

Raids, alliance missions, dailies and spotlights are your places to get these resources.

4 places should be enough.
    edited September 2017
    Yeah Terminal I know, but those cost Energy, and raid tickets, but wouldn't it be better to get the sparks by a means of arena instead of having to use energy and tickets over and over just to get a Spark you want?

Plus the arena rewards stack up too so if you complete multiple milestones in a single day or so you can claim your rewards and they can pile up.

So my argument stands.
  • They should have these types of arenas soon. And if they do I'd almost bet money that they'll happen simultaneously as bot arenas. Which is awesome...cause it drives the bot scores down as well. Here's to hoping!
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    Yeah Terminal I know, but those cost Energy, and raid tickets, but wouldn't it be better to get the sparks by a means of arena instead of having to use energy and tickets over and over just to get a Spark you want?

Plus the arena rewards stack up too so if you complete multiple milestones in a single day or so you can claim your rewards and they can pile up.

So my argument stands.

Then what would be the point of energy and raid tickets? The only thing left is ore. If you're a long term player, you know that there is not enough gold in the game as it is to use all the ore you can acquire from the game. So it's completely pointless to have those modes if only for ore.

You want arena to be the only mode that people need to play, it's not necessary and undermines the other game modes.

Sorry but it doesn't stand. Other modes have a energy/ticket cost therefore it should be available for free in arena has no logic to it. The other modes are specifically designed and balanced around energy and ticket use to acquire rank up materials. Just because you don't want to spend energy/raid tickets is not a valid argument.

Think about the design and balance of the game.

Daily missions exist, daily deals exist, alliance mission rewards and crystals exist, the raid store exists, spotlights exist.. all for the purpose of providing rank up materials.

What purpose will they serve when you take away their primary function and put it into arena? What will they have instead?

It's one thing to suggest making something available because it's difficult or unobtainable, but here you want something that is already easily obtainable.. you just don't like the method and want it a different way.

Just play the game and you'll have plenty of rank up materials and no longer want it in arena, you'll be thankful you can get bots and crystals in arena.. because they're nowhere else.
    edited September 2017
    I just really hate the time it takes to get sparks because while there is time to get sparks and all in Raids, Dailies, Alliance, and spotlight, they just don't give you the amount of time and rewards for completing them that you actually need. That's all.

My Spark Bounty Arena idea would fix that by completing milestones and rank milestones you get a multiple of each Basic, Teir, and Alpha Spark needed to rank up bots
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    So your asking for something else to be added that requires time.... something is flawed in your logic
  • Well yes it would require time, but it would be enough, it would run the same time as the "New Bot Arenas" 2 Days, 24 Hours
    edited September 2017
    I would at least like Kabam to try the idea, and it could be balanced so it doesn't ruin the purpose of the other methods of obtaining sparks.

If my Spark Bounty Arena idea falls flat on its face... so what? At least I had the idea for a game changer. If this idea of mine comes to fruition then I'll be happy and want to participate in it myself to se how well I do.
  • I'm glad you guys gave me your feedback, I'm always open to suggestions
  • Well, For A Start You Don't Want To Make Every Item Easily Obtainable Because It Takes Out The Challenge/Fun Out Of It. Especially For The Hard-Working, Bloody And Sweaty Players Out There. I Simply Think This Is NOT A Good Idea. Sparks Should Be Earned. Not Simply Obtainable For Free. (Just My Opinion)
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    So your asking for something else to be added that requires time.... something is flawed in your logic

I Strongly Agree.
  • And A Small Correction. It's Tier (Which You Don't Specify) , Not TEIR
  • Spark Bounty Arena............not a bad idea, but
    you must play heavily on it just for getting a spark or its essence.....Crystal Bounty Arena prefer more so if this thing truly on the game, I hope it no ruin the Crystal Bounty Arena's schedules.
  • Sorry if I spelled tier wrong
  • After I get my specials and the story done I can just rek dailies for sparks