Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Still not addressed the constant Crashing?

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    asparagus wrote: »
    I'm using systweak Android cleaner and it doesn't seem to help. Maybe @Manthro could recommend a better one for me. I understand that only a handful of commanders are experiencing the extreme crashing and it's seemingly for only a handful of devices. Mine is one of them, another member in my BG is one. He's running on an s8+. What sucks though is that we just weren't having these issues at all before 4.0 and now 4.0.1. Actually I had it once pre-4.0 and a software update on my end cleared it up. I'm due for another one real soon so hopefully that helps. I understand that if only a handful of devices are having this problem that it might not even be that high on kabam's list of priorities.

I also know that there might be things happening on our individual devices that could be affecting performance, maybe things that we aren't even aware of. If anyone who reads this has suggestions it would be much appreciated.

For Android I would recommend trying Cache Cleaner-DU Speed booster, because it will show you how many processes/apps are running in the background.

This way, instead of constantly using the booster to kill apps every time (which is bad for your device in the long run), you can systematically go into app permissions and deny those apps from running in the background to begin with.

You'll eventually figure out which app(s) are hogging your resources and keep them permanently off unless you actually want to use them. If it's a problem on your end you can figure it out with a little effort.

Disclaimer... If the game is taxing your device CPU and it's overheating, well... That could signify you need a better device, or that in fact, Kabam needs to optimize the game further.

Every device will go into protect mode if overheating and crash.

As for iOS I don't know which app to suggest, I have no Apple devices.

Again, do not use game boosters long term. Use them just to troubleshoot.
  • Thanks, @Manthro, and @Mustangjon . I will try that and recommend to my alliance mate to do the same. My device is not overheating though. It did for one patch way back but I haven't had that problem in a while. Someone in my alliance is overheating on an iPhone 7.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    iPhones always have my 6s plus and 7 plus both do, but I’ve also found 99% of it goes away with taking case off, it still gets hot but never lags
  • IvanTyIvanTy Posts: 55
    They still didn't fix the lag/crash issue on my samsung galaxy s8+ for the longest time :'(:'(:'( . Im so frustrated and dissapointed and i think they ignored me completely and i accepted android phones are just 2nd class citizen here.Only ios users are the lucky ones here were they where fast to reply and fix the problem faster and i had enough! Quitting this game is the best decision and the only option for me.Goodbye.........
  • Hey everyone. I wanted to drop in and give a quick update as to where we're at with this problem. It seems to only affect certain S8 models, specifically the ones with the Mali GPU. This is not something we can fix on the server, and we're working hard with the rendering team to try and get a fix in place for the next update.
    IvanTy wrote: »
    They still didn't fix the lag/crash issue on my samsung galaxy s8+ for the longest time :'(:'(:'( . Im so frustrated and dissapointed and i think they ignored me completely and i accepted android phones are just 2nd class citizen here.Only ios users are the lucky ones here were they where fast to reply and fix the problem faster and i had enough! Quitting this game is the best decision and the only option for me.Goodbye.........

Sorry for the delay, IvanTy. We don't actually target our attention by device or by platform, but we do consider how many people it affects. This is one of the larger device-specific problems and I assure you is something we're taking very seriously.
  • I'm on S8 SM-G950FD (Exynos international variant).

So far, the crashes reduced when I went into developer options to limit max 1 background processes.

All Android user can try this method, see if it works.
  • actually I set 4 background process and the only problem is freezing on a fight
  • Same annoying problem since 1 month almost..after one update than every time every update it crashed. Toggle penalty almost!!
  • Ok I'm sure isn't a real problem of this device s8+ because today is impossible playing it crashed like 30 times ..and two days ago no one crash.. hurry up guys
  • Only happens to Samsungs? I use a Moto Z² Play, and it crashes in every mode. Also during bot selection, forging, and away missions. Nothing has changed, and I've given up on any kind of fix. The only solution I could come up with was to inform my teammates that I'm not a quitter, nor do I deserve the health penalties, and that all I can really do now is be a "taxi" for them.It is an intentional bug, designed to force players into purchasing repair kits. The problem will NEVER be solved.
  • edited November 2017
    An update for the S8 owners with the Mali GPU. We're still looking into it here for the next update.
    Only happens to Samsungs? I use a Moto Z² Play, and it crashes in every mode. Also during bot selection, forging, and away missions. Nothing has changed, and I've given up on any kind of fix. The only solution I could come up with was to inform my teammates that I'm not a quitter, nor do I deserve the health penalties, and that all I can really do now is be a "taxi" for them.It is an intentional bug, designed to force players into purchasing repair kits. The problem will NEVER be solved.

I assure you that crashing is not intentional. The best thing you can do to help us fix it is show your device model and a case where it happens 100% of the time. We can then grab that device, reproduce it here, debug it, and fix it for the next update. What model number is your Moto Z² Play, Grendel? There are a lot of them. XT1710-01, XT1710-02, etc...

• Grendel_KhanGrendel_Khan Posts: 39
    edited November 2017
    XT 1710-02.0 [Removed by Moderation] I am not a coder, much less a programmer. I've deactivated battery optimization, cleaned miscellaneous items, stopped the majority of background processes; troubleshot every way conceivable. STILL CRASHES! [Removed by Moderation]
  • I'm using an Android 6.0, and since a couple of days I'm almost unable to play the special mission, because it keeps crashing at almost every node.
    What may causes this?
    It's very annoyin, because it's really hard to continue the missions.
    Basically right now the only thing I can do without too many problems is the arena.
  • Fix your game. I'm not saying you are intentionally leaving the crash in the code but if that is the case then improve your coders/debug team. I don't recall any PC game thay continue to crash months after their releases. I don't recall any PC game developer telling their player they cannot fix it because there are too many different PCs and OS version. On hard mode, there is not enough energy to progress through one path without turning of the game and wait for energy to replenish. So even when i restart the same map a few time to get 1 occurence where the game do not crash. There is still the chance of it crashing the next time you turn on the game and continue. When you are deep in the exploration and the game crashes is the most frustrating part. Or when you spend energon to revive/heal your champ to make it through the last remaining node and the game crashes.
  • Game crash when I was raiding. I went to mail then crystals then selected the back button and the game went to the loading screen and then crashed.
  • Ale0CrysisAle0Crysis Posts: 12
    edited November 2017
    After so many months with the new update have you solved this frustrating problem?? it's UNPLAYABLE on special missions!!! Starting playing with half bar without having fighted any bot it's so IRRITATING. Impossible finish my 3rd chapter on Expert. Have you fixed it??
  • when will this issue be fixed?
  • I've been having this issue for a long time now. Also using the Samsung S8.
    Device - SM-G950F
    Version - 7.0

95% of the time the crashes occurs at the end of the loading screen, before entering a fight, in Raid, Questing and Arena. Sometimes it will be fine for 10-15 fights, other times it will crash every 1-2 fights and be literally unplayable.

This really needs to be fixed ASAP and compensation given to affected parties given it has been going on for months.
  • Even with the update still crashes. Can't do special mission for this reason. Penalty is still on. Unbelieveble they can't fix it. And this started some months ago. Before everything was ok.
  • Ale0Crysis wrote: »
    Even with the update still crashes. Can't do special mission for this reason. Penalty is still on. Unbelieveble they can't fix it. And this started some months ago. Before everything was ok.

Yeah still crashing ! Maybe i need to buy a new device s8+ isn't a good phone for this game
  • Hey everybody,

Thank you for your continued patience while we're working on getting the issues with S8's using the Mali GPU in check. This has been a complicated issue, and it's requiring an extensive fix to some of the underlying foundation of our game.

This doesn't mean we're not going to do it, but that it's going to require more time than we had hoped, and that we're utilizing assistance from our partners in getting this fixed as soon as we can.
  • MarkusKaineMarkusKaine Posts: 71
    edited November 2017
    Ale0Crysis wrote: »
    Even with the update still crashes. Can't do special mission for this reason. Penalty is still on. Unbelieveble they can't fix it. And this started some months ago. Before everything was ok.

After the new patch I keep crashing after every arena set of 3 battles, and after every single node in story mode.
    Seriously, I started playin' in august and the game was fine. Since the Dinobot update, the game started crashing on every mode.
  • Nice update. I'm glad you added the colored bar to the event mission to let us know the percentage of our progress...but the game still crashing at the beginning of each fight, and we are still penalized wih health deduction for it crashing. Maybe by this poin you should consider less effort in gui upgrades and more effort in getting the game to run first.

As usual, i'm on a nexus 6, android 7.0 with the lates security patch, blah blah blah
  • Same problems as two posters above me. Also the lag or lack of touch command response has become god awful. Can't block or dash in time with the game at all.
    I'm still afraid of updating to iOS 11, running last version of 10 on iPad. Pardon the expression but I'm sure your troubled player base would much prefer you stop dousing the pig with perfume and actually clean it up
  • Crashing again in AM. It's not as bad, but the hp penalty sucks. Nexus 6 7.1.1. it's a dated device, EOL, I know. There was a fix pushed during 4.0.1 but after 4.1 it's happening again.
  • It's just as bad now. Just crashed four times in a row trying to fight a single opponent in am. It was fixed and now it's back and getting worse. Nexus 6. Android 7.1.1.
  • I am now crashing constantly;
    Bot selection screen preflight in every phase of game
    Mid fight in arena which is causing death penalty (again)
    Load fight in AM causing 50% health penalty
    Rank&Level bot selection screen, this one has been there for months

We've seen all of this before. I'm hoping for a timely fix because like most issues, this crashing thing is really snowballing fast
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    edited November 2017
    Um its not just samsungs. My phone is an LG (Lg Spree) and its getting the crashes too.
    Hey everybody,

Thank you for your continued patience while we're working on getting the issues with S8's using the Mali GPU in check. This has been a complicated issue, and it's requiring an extensive fix to some of the underlying foundation of our game.

This doesn't mean we're not going to do it, but that it's going to require more time than we had hoped, and that we're utilizing assistance from our partners in getting this fixed as soon as we can.

• 14 crashes in the last day is just ridiculous. I understand it might take longer than expected to fix, but this is a huge issue and been going on for way too long already. Yes it might only be a small % of the player base, but the impact on the player affected is massive.

How can we be expected to effectively compete in Arena, AM, Quest and Raids when you lose half health in AM, Raid or Quest, get instant losses in Arena and have to spend a lot of time relogging in?
  • Yeah that's sucks now I stop to spend my time for this game because actually make me crazy.