Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Still not addressed the constant Crashing?

Comments

• MVSteveMVSteve Posts: 77
    Can I ask and actually get an answer, ARE YOU GUYS WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM?

Day after day, week after week, going on month after month and this problem is getting worse and yet you don't do anything like get rid of the power penalty that would at least let us play around the problem. I'm beginning to think there is a bit of greed going on here where people will pay so just keep letting it crash, they will pay to stay in the game. I've done it! I have exhausted my resources and had to pay multiple times for energon just to keep going so I would let down my team in AM's.

I realize software/coding issues can be a bit of a pain sometimes but to fix this issue absolutely should not take this long. So.... can you give us an honest answer as to what is going on?

Yet again today I have had many game crashes and one was right as I started the AM so I thought I should be good for a fight or two and right as my bot dropped in on my first fight, a sharkticon, it crashed again. So now right off the bat I have a bot with 50% power. I reload and get back, beat the sharkticon, rhinox, and grimlock proceeding to prowl when right as the fight loaded and only got a split second of sound while the screen still black, it crashed again! Of course that was enough to be in the fight so now I have two bots within the beginning down at 50% power.

What do I do to get reimbursed?
    With my latest crash, I had a message to send a report to Google come up which has never happened before and it allowed me to write a detailed message as well as sending data regarding the crash. I detailed everything so far and how we are all upset especially when money is being spent on items just to lose them or have them taken away because of this ridiculous penalty system in conjunction with the crashing. Hopefully someone at Google can get in on this.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited January 2018
    As a daily player, I can confidently say this is the most unstable version so far. Many times it crashes twice during a single raid.

It's making this raid week much tougher than previous months.

Hopefully the team is working on this as a priority.

Edit: crashed again during the next raid before the 15min edit timer even finished.
  • Same here everyday crashes, cost me energon..sigh
    Okay, this has hit an amazingly ridiculous level. With today's AM, no joke every fight has crashed for me on loading with me restarting my game which would normally help so this disproves a restart could help. I am waiting at soundwave right now so I have had 9 crashes so far in the am alone. My team mate cleared the first sharks so I had crashes at rhinox, grimlock, prowl, starscream, and the next shark. It got worse at mixmaster when it crashed then got back to the fight and thought I'm in the clear as he got me with sp3 and almost dead, it crashed again and I lose a ton of health because of that and restarting again mixmaster had full health again, WTF! Anyway, on to Grindor and the next shark with crashes at both. I know someone is reading all these posts so can someone weigh in on this with some info?! Kabam Mike? Anyone at kabam?
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited January 2018
    Don't worry guys! They are working on a fix! I emailed them and they even told me!

lol. Yeah... sure they are.

Upgraded my phone, now running iPhone 8 on iOS 11. Guess what....??

Still crashing during AM and giving health penalties.

What a glorious, glorious game.

*slow clap*
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited January 2018
    MVSteve wrote: »
    Okay, this has hit an amazingly ridiculous level. With today's AM, no joke every fight has crashed for me on loading with me restarting my game which would normally help so this disproves a restart could help. I am waiting at soundwave right now so I have had 9 crashes so far in the am alone. My team mate cleared the first sharks so I had crashes at rhinox, grimlock, prowl, starscream, and the next shark. It got worse at mixmaster when it crashed then got back to the fight and thought I'm in the clear as he got me with sp3 and almost dead, it crashed again and I lose a ton of health because of that and restarting again mixmaster had full health again, WTF! Anyway, on to Grindor and the next shark with crashes at both. I know someone is reading all these posts so can someone weigh in on this with some info?! Kabam Mike? Anyone at kabam?

The secret to getting a response from Kabam is to spend a lot of money and then quit the game. ;)
  • I had to opt out of this AM series because of the crashes. It crashes during forging, raids, story, and spotlight missions. I can't believe I apologized to Kabam...and I look like a flake to my teammates. As AM participation is mandatory in my Alliance, and my teammates are starting to think I'm intentionally bombing my matches, I'm worried I'll be kicked from the team. This situation has gone from bad to worse in one update.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    I'm experiencing it again too. My device is dated. It's EOL Nexus 6, but before the last round of am last series it was running smoothly. I'm guessing it's caused by cheat detecting software. After the recent debacle, I'll bet Kabam has decided it's necessary to have it in place, even though it means game performance is affected.
    edited January 2018
    Sorry for the double post, but fwiw, to confirm the latest concerns, I've crashed 20 times in am today. Edit*. 21. 23 now
    I can't even get through daily missions right now. Something has changed just recently. It would be nice to at least know about some of these things.
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    edited January 2018
    Since a new version is coming up, will there be any fixes regarding this issue?

Edit : It looks like there isn't. No mention about it anywhere in the changelog
    Wow!, my reply post along with another users post deleted once words like, money, services, changing hands, theft, legal/illegal get used! What happened?
    New update, for now is just dumb stuff. Changing around different bots and mods damage rate and stuff and that is supposed to be exciting. I just want to play the game straight through without worrying about crashing which in turn takes my bots power and when I've paid for it is illegal theft of product.
    edited January 2018
    The game is crashing an obscene amount in arena.. so frequently I'm getting forced losses, losing points and streaks.

There's 3 fights per series.. it's crashing every 5-10 fights.. can't even get to a x3 multiplier without multiple crashes and losing points.

The game is becoming literally unplayable and incredibly frustrating.
  • Am I the only one who do not have big problems with crashing? Just once in a while the game steps out when loading a fight and almost always after playing a while. Never suffered health loss either what i can remember.

Lagging is another story tough..
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Am I the only one who do not have big problems with crashing? Just once in a while the game steps out when loading a fight and almost always after playing a while. Never suffered health loss either what i can remember.

Nope, I'm had the same experience as you. I can count on my fingers the number of times it's crashed since launch, but the lag has cost me a few fights.
    edited January 2018
    CandKane wrote: »
    Am I the only one who do not have big problems with crashing? Just once in a while the game steps out when loading a fight and almost always after playing a while. Never suffered health loss either what i can remember.

Nope, I'm had the same experience as you. I can count on my fingers the number of times it's crashed since launch, but the lag has cost me a few fights.

I don't think your problem has anything to do with this thread. We're here to report the crashes and discuss anything that is related to the crashes.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited January 2018
    Wraith wrote: »

I don't think your problem has anything to do with this thread. We're here to report the crashes and discuss anything that is related to the crashes.

I was simply responding to Phoenix, and I suppose by extension the rest of you (since it's clearly not a software OR hardware problem as evidenced by this thread's history, but most likely tied to user behavior and network setup) but thanks for the reply and a good morning to you sir!
  • deadthekidstardeadthekidstar Posts: 42
    edited January 2018
    @ Phoenix8318 do you use an Samsung s8 / 8 +? You have to try an s8 european model! It's impossible to play well sometimes I want to kick the phone out the window. Patience sooner or later ends up due to incompetent people in their work

I was simply responding to Phoenix, and I suppose by extension the rest of you (since it's clearly not a software OR hardware problem as evidenced by this thread's history, but most likely tied to user behavior and network setup) but thanks for the reply and a good morning to you sir!

User behavior and network setup? Not a software problem? Are you joking?

Have you ever considered that may be, just may be, that this game only designed to play smoothly with one or two type of devices in mind ( including your phone )?

But the developer didn't bother to limit the game to said devices and let this game to run on other type of device. Because of that, it failed horribly and crashed a lot.

I am not saying that kabam did this on purpose, but the stellar numbers of people getting crashes on some type of devices while on other kind of devices it runs smoothly really makes me think that way
    edited January 2018

User behavior and network setup? Not a software problem? Are you joking?

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, this game was only designed to play smoothly on some types of devices (including yours, of course)?

But because the developer didn't bother to limit the game to said devices and let the game to be played on other kind of devices without further testing, the game failed horribly and crashed constantly.

I am not saying that kabam did this on purpose. But the stellar numbers of crashes on some types of devices(including mine), while almost none from some others really made me think that way.
    I notice on all forums ever, when a thread gets long people decide to chime in and post on what they see in the last page. In the beginning of this thread Kabam clearly said that their coding is not working correctly on devices that have a Mali gpu. In Samsung devices this includes the tab s2 which I have and apparently some s8's (probably based on region). I have noticed a variety of other models that players have that continue to experience the insane amount of crashing with but I don't know if they share the same gpu. Either which way these are very good devices which by spec are more than very capable of running this game so it absolutely has nothing to do with user behavior and network setup.

In my case my tablet is only used for the most part to play and most of the memory is free and I have a very stable/fast WiFi connection which I experience no lag at all with. Every time the game crashes I'm back to where I was in seconds not minutes so I have been willing to deal with this issue if the stupid health penalty could be removed (at least til ironed out) but recently since update it is worse, as another user stated, crashing once per arena/every other arena. There are key things that seem to happen when these crashes occur and for the most part it comes with any kind of in game messaging/notifications. Other users noticed and reported this as well. I'm sure there are other things going on related to the root cause but most of the time I have a message that wasn't there before when I immediately reload the game, mainly my bots are back from an away mission. All of these things are on the game and nothing to do with the individual. Kabam needs to get this figured out, bottom line! And the amount of time that has elapsed since knowing what is at fault is inexcusable and a joke.

They should concentrate on having the game run properly for ALL devices that are capable of running the game, then worry about stupid updates that tweak bots/mods features and benefits or adding/moving icons on the base screen or pointlessly changing profile pics.
  • @ Phoenix8318 do you use an Samsung s8 / 8 +? You have to try an s8 european model! It's impossible to play well sometimes I want to kick the phone out the window. Patience sooner or later ends up due to incompetent people in their work

Im running on a Samsung s7, also in Europe. And since i have seen a lot of people having problems with various devices from Samsung i am rather surprised i dont have the same issues.

Was no intent to say the problem is not real, also guys in my alliance have had problems with crashes and all other known problems which is discussed in various threads on this forum.
    edited January 2018
    @ Phoenix8318 do you use an Samsung s8 / 8 +? You have to try an s8 european model! It's impossible to play well sometimes I want to kick the phone out the window. Patience sooner or later ends up due to incompetent people in their work

Im running on a Samsung s7, also in Europe. And since i have seen a lot of people having problems with various devices from Samsung i am rather surprised i dont have the same issues.

Was no intent to say the problem is not real, also guys in my alliance have had problems with crashes and all other known problems which is discussed in various threads on this forum.

There are two types of galaxy s7 and s8, the ones with snapdragon chipset inside them and the ones with exynos chipset. This game is having problem with the ones with exynos chipset because of incompability with said chipset's GPU.

You can see which chipset your phone has by installing aida64 app and checking the CPU section.

I used to have a galaxy s7 edge (exynos) where the crashes were also prominent. I thought swapping with a galaxy s8 (also exynos) would solve my problem (not my primary reason for swapping, of course). Turned out it didn't.
  • deadthekidstardeadthekidstar Posts: 42
    edited January 2018
    Hey @Kabam Miike good job again!! STILL CRASHING OMG !
  • edited February 2018
    Hey @Kabam Miike good job again!! STILL CRASHING OMG !

What time did you test this out? We made some fixes in the 5.1 update itself, but made a server change late last night that should have helped this in a more noticable way. Are you still seeing this problem now that we've made the server update?

The server change was specific to devices with the Mali GPU, but it's possible some devices were missed. If you're still experiencing crashes between every other fight, please comment and we'll take a look.
  • In my case the background app is crashing a lot still. I'm not getting the push notifications and it's triggering the "bad" application alerts. Using a s8+ (US) on android 7.0
  • Maybe too early to comment but I'm pleasantly surprised! As we all know, those of us with the mass crashing problems had it step up with the last update where every arena to every other was crashing and every AM fight crashed, at least to that level for me.

Today my sanity was restored as I did not have a single crash during arenas! I thought did I dream this!?!? So I joined my team in the AM and restarted between fights as I was nervous to just go but after finish off the last sharkticon of the first group I went to starscream and decided to just go with it getting to soundwave without a crash!

Now, I know it's not fixed/perfect cuz I had a couple crashes while in story missions and just navigating around. So unless this has been a major fluke, keep up the good work Kabam, this was a big step in the right direction.
    Unfortunately no change here. 5 arena series getting to 3x multiplier and it crashed 3 times. The third time forced a loss, making me lose points. feels like I'm fighting two enemies, the ai bot and the bugs.

iPhone6. :(