Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Block / sidestep dashing bug

Comments

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    @Kabam Miike this is continuing to be a real problem and there seems to be very little communication or acknowledgement of issues these days. Having started with Galvatron release there seems to be persistent and significant bugs that are not being addressed beyond what is just simple annoyances. This issue has cost me numerous resets in expert missions and just completely ruined an attempt on the final boss because in one round I dashed forward from a full screen instead of using ranged and in another I sidestepped mid combo which cause the ai to counter in ridiculous fashion. A few months ago there seemed to be a lot more communication on serious posts and issues but that seems to have changed.

This is about as bad and game affecting as the old arena loss bug and needs some immediate attention.
  • #METOO Android os.
  • Steelbane wrote: »
    do you guys also have a problem where the touch commands dont work? Sometimes i try to backstep but nothing happens
    This happens to me a lot after 4.0 update. It's like the bot gets stuck.
  • Ive had some instances lately where im bouncing off the opponent like we both hit each other at the same time this never used to happen
  • Having a bit of this issue as well. Seems to worsen as ipad(10.3.30) starts to warm up. Not getting super hot like before but definitely running on the warm side after a while of gameplay.
    It's the perfect scenario to have issues as you get into the more difficult parts in game
    edited November 2017
    This is still destroying the game for me. It does not seem to be affecting play on the iPad but it is absolutely horrid on iPhone X. It's beyond what I even first described. Inputs just seem to be off on both sides of the screen. Fighting Wasp in AM with Mirage I just swiped right two separate times to dash and he just stood there. Yesterday I sidestep and dash back mid combo when I'm doing the best direct tap with the tip of my thumb that i can.

@Kabam Miike please look into this asap.
  • Its getting even more annoying. When i try to activate the sp it rarely activates. It takes me like 10 taps for it to activate. Its really annoying. And kabam miike please respond.
  • Hey Everybody,

Sorry for not posting in here yet! I wanted to let you know that we have reported this to the team, and appreciate all of the input you guys have provided so far.

If you come across anything else that you think might help (does it happen in certain modes or arenas more? How about certain Bots?) please let us know!

Happens in all modes for me, especially in AM and spotlight where it matters the most.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    These control input issues seem to be popping up more often now. In arena or story mode, no big deal. In high level AMs, it is a very big deal. What possibly changed that created this issue that was non-existent before? It's a huge frustration among people in my alliance.

I'm not sure what kind of info we can provide to help you @Kabam Miike but this needs to be the top priority right now. Let us know what info you want and I'm sure everyone in this thread will be more than glad to help.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    I never had this problem until the most recent patch. Both my Android devices are fine, but my iPad is a mess.

It’s mostly manifesting as backsteps instead of, well, just about everything. Swipe down, backstep, swipe up, backstep, attack... backstep.

I mean, it’s great if I want to say... backstep... but not so much otherwise.

It also seems to be linked to the scrolling bug. I only ever get the scrolling bug on iOS, but every single match where the controls go to ****, I notice the next time I’m on the bot screen, I can no longer scroll.

Oh, and the scroll bug is WAY more common too. Have to reset a half dozen times a day at least.

AgaIn, problems are on my iPad only. Android has completely different problems... :(
    This happens on my iPhone 6+ and my iPad. Sometimes right at the beginning of the fight, I back dash and it side steps instead. Randomly occurs in the middle of fights too. I've even had a side step become a dash in which can be deadly.

The frustration is definitely growing with this issue. If there is a temporary fix such as restart the game before each fight, please let us know.
  • I’ve noticed this more and more, I was actually starting to think I needed a new phone screen.
    I actually went in for my screen and it’s definitely not. I’m a bit frustrated there has been no further comment from Kabam because this is one of the more serious issues in the last few months. Cost me another several resets on expert missions.
  • Are you guys suffering from the inability to dash in immediately after firing light ranged? It's getting really difficult to string my attacks together
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited November 2017
    @Humpyhampster the light ranged lag is what's been happening to me over the past week or so. Thought it was just my screen.
    For the devs: Samsung S7 SM-G930A, running Android 7.0, occurs in all game modes but more noticeable in arena.
    Any update on this @Kabam Miike? The issue is popping up every AM fight now. It's death sometimes because of it.
  • Still happening. Dashed into mini boss Wasp S2 when I clearly swiped down to sidestep.
  • Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    edited November 2017
    Just was doing a raid using OG, Motor and Mirage. Mid combo, OG and Motor would either stop attack or dash back. Mirage would sidestep mid combo and I was just tapping for light hits. Can’t produce evidence since I can’t record hand movements
    Frugalli88 wrote: »
    Just was doing a raid using OG, Motor and Mirage. Mid combo, OG and Motor would either stop attack or dash back. Mirage would sidestep mid combo and I was just tapping for light hits. Can’t produce evidence since I can’t record hand movements

Actually you can if you are on Android and enable developer menus.
  • Didn't think this was a real thing, because I haven't had any issues like this at all on Android... was hoping that it was an iPhone glitch only...

But, then today in AM I dashed back and held block, and instead my bot dashed back and then forward and followed up with another punch separate from the dash animation and I hadn't even interacted with the right side of the screen and was still holding down my block.
  • I don't think there is anything in the game that prevents you from swiping right on the left side of the screen to dash forward. That behavior is fine with me.

What we are talking about is swiping up or down (clear intent to be a sidestep) that gets translated as a forward dash. We are human beings so some of these swipes may not be 100% vertical to a pixel's accuracy, but they sure are closer to up/down than left/right.
  • Hope it gets fixed
    KingOfPain wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything in the game that prevents you from swiping right on the left side of the screen to dash forward. That behavior is fine with me.

What we are talking about is swiping up or down (clear intent to be a sidestep) that gets translated as a forward dash. We are human beings so some of these swipes may not be 100% vertical to a pixel's accuracy, but they sure are closer to up/down than left/right.

The scope of the issue definitely expanded since I first posted. I’m still having random input issues ranging from the sidestep resulting in dashing, sidestepping mid combo when not swiping, etc. I’ve even had issues following up a combo with a heavy using Mirage, where I input heavy and he just stands there,that I’ve been doing since day one. As much as the issue has grown the lack of any response in weeks is disconcerting.
    edited November 2017
    This issue is getting ridiculous. Too often my back dashes turn into side steps and I get hit with specials. It occurs at least once a fight if not more. Can't survive at high level AMs like this.

I know it's a weekend so not expecting a response until Monday. Please look into this ASAP. Tell us any info you need because I will give you all the details you want to help rectify this very horrible bug.

@Kabam Miike You asked for which modes and bots. This happened in AMs today against Tact shark, then Bee then Tech shark.
    kranders wrote: »
    KingOfPain wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything in the game that prevents you from swiping right on the left side of the screen to dash forward. That behavior is fine with me.

The scope of the issue definitely expanded since I first posted. I’m still having random input issues ranging from the sidestep resulting in dashing, sidestepping mid combo when not swiping, etc. I’ve even had issues following up a combo with a heavy using Mirage, where I input heavy and he just stands there,that I’ve been doing since day one. As much as the issue has grown the lack of any response in weeks is disconcerting.

Since the last patch, the game is borderline unplayable on my newest Gen iPad. The game runs fine but input is simply awful, by far and away the single biggest problem is heavies not firing. Playing exactly the same as I always have, it just... does nothing. Also getting down swipes interpreted as forward or back slashes.

No issues on Android and everything worked fine in regards to using heavies before the patch. Something they changed in the input code on iOS has really screwed things up for me. Now I don’t dare do any AM fights anywhere but on my Android phone.

On Android everything is running WAY better since the patch, except it’s way hotter and harder on the battery. It’s a trade I’ll take, as I was getting constant lagging and near unplayable frame rates before the last release.
  • Ok, I'm getting more of these inaccurate behavior. Not only sidestep becomes dash in. Sometimes dash in becomes sidestep and break my combo. I suspect it is related to the connection and freeze.

I get less freeze right now, but I believe it still there, just very short tiny fraction that usually unnoticeable. So when it happened, it broken our input gesture, and translate to something else.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    My dash in is turning in heavy now. What fun. Need to predict enemy bot behavior as well as my own bot behavior. :D maybe I need an android phone
  • Weirdness that had been happening to me has been happening on a Samsung Galaxy S8. I don't think it's an iOS specific bug.
  • Ugh still Kabaam Mike hasnt followed up with his comment. He asks us to give specifics and we did but after that he did not respond anymore
  • kranders wrote: »
    There are quite a few current bugs that are getting very frustrating but right now this is topping the list and damn near game breaking. I’m on iOS so not sure if it’s isolated but having a random dash in when attempting to block or sidestep is getting me killed in AM on otherwise easy fights.

I use the left thumb to input sidestepping and dashing. Trying to block and AI special and instead dashing in is getting ridiculous.

I haven’t seen any real update on addressing the large number of current bugs but please make this a priority.

It’s been happening to me a lot too. It’s worst in AM due to the difficulty. One mess up there gets punished hard and it’s very frustrating when the “mistake “ was the game’s fault rather than mine. It’s cost me well over 1k energon buying revives and heals.