Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Block / sidestep dashing bug

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I understand there was some major issues to deal with today but still looking for an update to this current issue @Kabam Miike . It's getting pretty consistent now with this control input error popping up every fight in AM now. A lot of times it happens at the worst times (trying to back away from specials). It's really frustrating when it isn't my fault I got hit. Please help.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I’ve had so many good openings to counter and dash in but my bot just stands there and shoots range. It only starts to dash in like the 2nd or 3rd time that I do an exaggerated dash in motion but the enemy bot usually blocks by then. I don’t usually resort to violence but this bug certainly makes me want to inflict some to my phone. I need to quit this game before I damage my phone. :|
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    I’ve had so many good openings to counter and dash in but my bot just stands there and shoots range. It only starts to dash in like the 2nd or 3rd time that I do an exaggerated dash in motion but the enemy bot usually blocks by then. I don’t usually resort to violence but this bug certainly makes me want to inflict some to my phone. I need to quit this game before I damage my phone. :|

This game (specifically one memorable Motormaster) is why I "upgraded" to my current phone.
    You're not alone :neutral:
  • I have noticed this as well. I thought that it was just my iPad screen going bad from too much game play, but now I think it is happening when I tap the screen with a very slight angle motion, and due to input sensitivity, the game considers it a sliding motion input, instead of a tap. I think the game used to ignore imperfect taps, but after the Scroll Fix, it happens to me fairly frequently.
  • I have noticed this as well. I thought that it was just my iPad screen going bad from too much game play, but now I think it is happening when I tap the screen with a very slight angle motion, and due to input sensitivity, the game considers it a sliding motion input, instead of a tap. I think the game used to ignore imperfect taps, but after the Scroll Fix, it happens to me fairly frequently.
    Can we get an update? Is this even being looked at? I'm already dealing with some pretty tough bot/mod combos in AMs, when I finally get to an easy shark, this issue pops when I try to dodge a special. I'm beyond frustrated with these input issues. It's making the game not fun anymore.
    It’s just so maddening when you managed to dodge an SP and you finally have the perfect opportunity to dash in and melee, and all your stupid bot does is to shoot range or heavy. Especially against Shockwave and the bots on ranged reflect mods when you really need your melee attacks to count. It’s not even funny anymore.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Good luck! I gave up on this thread after never getting another response. Seems to happen less often for me now but at the worst time.

I know priority became fixing the AS map issues but it seems like some pretty big issues are not getting addressed or communication has dropped off.
    I'm hoping this isn't one of those issues we just have to live with. I died in an arena match yesterday because my BC kept sidestepping when I swiped back to avoid IH's SP1. Happened twice in the same match. Just glad it was only arena but these are the kinds of thing that eventually cause players to leave the game.
  • This is just complete crap right now. Youre trying to get a perfect fight in AM and you try to dash back several times but your bot decides to just stand there and take a 5 hit combo. This issue is just getting ridiculous to a point where I don’t even wanna play anymore but I wanna keep playing because its a good game minus these control problems.
  • MAMILMAMIL Posts: 48
    So still no progress on this? I am borderline ready to quit this game right now. At the AM level we are running, even a special 1 or melee combo can be instant death on anything less than a full health bot because of the souped-up mods.
    It’s started back up for me. Happens multiple times against expert Megatron and four times in AM in section 1.

Why can we get updates on some less important issues but not this?
    @Kabam Miike FIX please. Costing in AM and arena and everywhere else. Just had theee straight rounds that were unplayable.

How long will this take for someone to respond?

Ridiculous
    It's a little disappointing Kabam hasn't asked us to help them with this issue. Like I've said from the beginning, let us know what you want and we'll try to help with the info.

I don't want to read through the whole thread again so don't know if someone said this already but an Alliance member told me to try locking the screen rotation on my phone. I need more time to see if this helps but today has been good so far. If others want to test this out and post if it helps, might get closer to figuring out the root of the issue.
    JKL wrote: »
    It's a little disappointing Kabam hasn't asked us to help them with this issue. Like I've said from the beginning, let us know what you want and we'll try to help with the info.

I don't want to read through the whole thread again so don't know if someone said this already but an Alliance member told me to try locking the screen rotation on my phone. I need more time to see if this helps but today has been good so far. If others want to test this out and post if it helps, might get closer to figuring out the root of the issue.

I’ll try this out. Getting murdered in AM right now. Dashed four times, did not special twice when hitting the button and tried sidestepping twice only to special. For a few weeks things were better.

It’s apalling that there has been no further comment on this yet I see comments to the dumbest posts possible.
  • I've had screen rotation locked on my phone since I got it. That will not make a difference. Not on Android at least.
    Experiment failed. Locking the screen rotation didn't help.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious can we work on this problem together and get it fixed? Well, after Christmas but much sooner than later.
  • KaozKaoz Posts: 3
    This issue has been annoying me for the longest time. I notice it happens more often when my device heats up or when its plugged in. Really hope kabam starts looking into this. It's been happening since the 4.0 update and it's getting worst with each minor update.

I tried sidestepping and dashed straight into ratchet in AM thus eating two ranged for shock and a special negating a perfect fight and taking significant damage for a bug. Easiest bot just cost me.
  • A really big swipe down still interpreted as dash in. I kept swipe only, but on some move will become dash in. Some dash in won't dash in at all, just stay there shooting range. Please take a look into this.
    I’ve already given up on Kabam fixing this. I just have to change my play style. I try to heavy and sidestep my way instead. I also found that tapping slower seems to help, maybe previously tapped too much and confused the game or something.
  • I also want to chime in on this as well. At first, I thought it was me slipping up. But then I noticed how apparent it is over the past couple of days. I even moved around to differing locations, made sure my Pixel was fully charged, nothing running in the background. Everything is fine, but it still keeps randomly happening. It's actually really frustrating when dealing with an A.I. opponent.
    Is anything going to be done about this? My control issues are pretty bad now. It's happening multiple times within a 10 sec period. Basically killing my bot in AM because I can't dodge anything properly. I know it's not isolated to my device either as it happens on multiple devices.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I'm not so patiently waiting for a response now. Pretty frustrated with this.
  • Steelbane wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

Sorry for not posting in here yet! I wanted to let you know that we have reported this to the team, and appreciate all of the input you guys have provided so far.

If you come across anything else that you think might help (does it happen in certain modes or arenas more? How about certain Bots?) please let us know!

It happens in all fight modes (Excluding AMs because I havent tested it yet) and it also happens when im trying to activate my sp. I tap it multiple times and for some bizzare reason, nothing happens. I want to know if thats just me being bad at tapping and aiming or its the game. Thanks

It happens in AM too, had my bot dash into ih sp1 on pyrophobia lane while blocking. Mine seems to always do this when the Ai is about to execute a special atk
  • Trailfire wrote: »
    Sounds like a problem in your phone about how it interprets gestures. If there’s any moisture or humidity it can create problems like this, or if your hands aren’t dry.

Of course as someone here said already, the left of the screen controls all bot movements: left, right, up, down, Centre: evade, dash, sidestep, and Block.
    The right side can also achieve all those things except Block, because tapping on the right side is a Light attack

@Gunz0 ‘s comment frankly makes no sense. They say they do one thing but the AI does another... huh? So what?

@MegaKuppCake ‘s comment meanwhilesounds like they’re just too slow. That’s not a bug, it just means you got beat

The number of these types of complaints is really surreal. If you lose, it isn’t Kabam’s fault. Just try again

Okay tell me 'oh wise sage' how 0.5secs after blocking your bot dashes forward while you still have your thumb pressed to the screen. Oh and I'm having issues now where my bots are doing the opposite of my thumb inputs, this has happened twice now one in AM against bee on pyrophobia the other on expert spotlight against galvatron 3.1 where it was as if WB had a mind of her own, sidestepping was executing heavies, dashing back, was having her dash forward and tapping special atk icon made her start a combo
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    this is still happening to me a lot - mainly on a swipe down I dash forward
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I think this issue has increased with the 5.0 update. It is getting frustrating cuz there is nothing you can do.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Sometimes, and I'm not saying this is the case for everyone, but sometimes...

Even though you have your left thumb holding block, if your right hand brushes the touchscreen, it will override the block command. This can happen with all moves.. left hand can override right, etc.

The edge of the screen on some devices is sensitive, sometimes the web between my thumb and index finger brushes the edge of my screen in an exciting battle and screws up my commands. If both your thumbs touch the screen, unpredictable moves also happen, depending on which one you move first.

Not saying this isn't a bug, but do some testing to see if it has a bit to do with how you are holding your device as well. Tilt your phone slightly forward/back/sideways and try to fight. You'll also find weird moves and things tend to happen when you do this, because it changes the angle of your swipes.

The game can't read what it is you are trying to do if you fight like a newbie playing Super Mario Bros on the NES (leaping with the controller on every jump).

@Manthro I'm sure that can happen in some cases but I know it isn't the issue for me. I say this because I play on my iPhone with my thumbs but I also play on my iPad with it laying flat on a table and I'm using my index fingers (hands are not even touching the iPad). Both ways still have the control issues.

I'm opening to further suggestions to test. Just wish someone at Kabam could also help us test different solutions.
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    Constant sidestepping (i.e. avoiding wasps s1) has issues on my s8+ where it will often not be recognized or the bot will block instead. I've only seen this behavior during a special. I can sidestep all day before and after and not see any issues. I've definitely had other input issues, but this is the most common.

I've seen weird behavior on my son's s7 edge too. Biggest problem is sometimes he'll block and the bot backsteps instead.