Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Classic Megatron is coming

if im not mistaken i noticed Megatron's shadow on the back round image while logging in..
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Could be BW Galvatron, I can't be 100% sure it's G1 Megatron
  • Options
    Heard ppl say it’s a beast wars character too. Let’s not be too certain about a silhouette:)
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    nah its bumblebee in disguise
  • Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited November 2017
    Looks to me like ****. Not G1 **** though, definitely BW ****.
  • Options
    iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    it's the Combiner Wars version of Megatron.

There's like 3 threads on this already.
  • Options
    Doubt It's CW Megatron. Silhouette doesn't match up. But it also isn't G1 Megatron either. Speculation is just that. The in game models so far have been very accurate to the toys. As such, the shadowy Megatron is most likely a Megatron variant. We just have to wait and see which one it is. My money is still on a BW Rex Meg.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Doubt It's CW Megatron. Silhouette doesn't match up. But it also isn't G1 Megatron either. Speculation is just that. The in game models so far have been very accurate to the toys. As such, the shadowy Megatron is most likely a Megatron variant. We just have to wait and see which one it is. My money is still on a BW Rex Meg.

It's not Beast Wars Megs. The only BW Megs that is even relatively close to the silhouette is the Transmetal version. But look a bit harder.

The CW silhouette matches perfectly, actually. There is two version of the mould, one is green and looks a little different. The one I'm referring to is the G1 Style CW.
    Look at the left shoulder pad with the little petruding peak. Look at the right arm with the arm cannon rising above the shoulder. Look at the helmet.

2ccvtwv5cf56.jpg

2ujlx28uqyta.jpg

7ydc2v7m9mrb.jpg
  • Options
    Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Yes. And nowhere in the silhouette can you see the treads that are on his back. You can alter the appearance of a lot of things simply by viewing them from different angles. Try viewing the CW Meg from the same angle as the silhouette. It doesn't match imo.

But keep in mind that it's speculation and my opinion. I could be wrong and you could be right. I'm just honestly praying that they're not throwing a third Megatron at us(Galvatron we got is just a "reskinned" and insane Megatron).
  • Options
    @Hired_Goon
    Lots of debate over the years if galv is megs in a new body or if megs was just a template for galvatron. I favor the latter from a later scene from the animated movie during an exchange between Magnus and galv:

I galvatron will crush you ultra Magnus, just as megatron crushed prime

And you’ll die trying just like megatron
  • Options
    @Mallowman Great debate there too.

I take the side of Magnus would have no clue Galvatron was Megatron beforehand and that the transformation ultimately left Galvatron mad and deranged not realizing the he was Megatron.
  • Options
    @Mallowman Great debate there too.

I take the side of Magnus would have no clue Galvatron was Megatron beforehand and that the transformation ultimately left Galvatron mad and deranged not realizing the he was Megatron.

But in the movie, galvatron was very composed and collected until near the end. In season 3 I got the impression the madness came from the defeat of unicorn and having soaked in the pits of Charr for a time. He was not truly deranged till after the conclusion of the film.
  • Options
    @DeePrime @Hired_Goon

Yeah when rodimus went all Superman shotput throw on galv into the lava planet is when galv was deranged.

Plus og Spock voiced him in the movie so of course he was logical then :smiley:
  • Options
    Lol. Good points. But still, either way, it's another Meg coming and it's unfortunate they chose him instead of a more unique bot we don't already have.
  • Options
    needs optimus primal. or rodimus prime.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Lol. Good points. But still, either way, it's another Meg coming and it's unfortunate they chose him instead of a more unique bot we don't already have.

Yeah why not Aileron or Anode which are A-classed fanfav LoL.
  • Options
    AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    77cckensh5i4.jpg

Could it not be him? Bayformer 5th movie megatron?
  • Options
    Ah the Megatron that never dies. How many times now in the movies has Megatron risen from the dead? At least twice that I know of. Didn't bother watching 5th movie. But in so far as it goes, no, the silhouette is not 5th bayformer Megatron. Head in the silhouette is without a doubt either a G1 derivative or BW Rex or Transmetal Megatron.
  • Options
    Yeah why not Aileron or Anode which are A-classed fanfav LoL.

Yeah both of those would be great! I've got a list a mile long of bots from G1 to Prime that I would be wonderfully happy with seeing before another Megatron.

I know a ton of people that would be happy with Wheeljack(G1 or Prime), Jazz(G1), Blitzwing or Warpath(if you really wanna add another tank), etc...
  • Options
    wanna bet we will see bayformer galv before another prime? lol
  • Options
    nomisu wrote: »
    wanna bet we will see bayformer galv before another prime? lol

Actually, if anything, I would wager we see a Nemesis Prime before we see another Galvatron
  • Options
    WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    I hope it’s not a BW Megatron, unless it’s his dragon form. That was a cool looking bot, and the toy was badass. I do think it’s the CW Megatron if it’s Megatron in the siholette.
  • Options
    It makes sense, even if I want to sit here in denial. The shoulders and right arm cannon match and you're kind of looking up at him so that would potentially hide the treads on his back. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry while rocking myself.
  • Options
    Ah the Megatron that never dies. How many times now in the movies has Megatron risen from the dead? At least twice that I know of. Didn't bother watching 5th movie. But in so far as it goes, no, the silhouette is not 5th bayformer Megatron. Head in the silhouette is without a doubt either a G1 derivative or BW Rex or Transmetal Megatron.

Anyone want to fill me in on how exactly this qualifies as abuse?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    It makes sense, even if I want to sit here in denial. The shoulders and right arm cannon match and you're kind of looking up at him so that would potentially hide the treads on his back. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry while rocking myself.

They may have taken some liberties with the design, hence the lack of treads. They've used a few CW designs already, and they've removed a lot of the kibbley bits.

Either that, or we can't really see them from that angle, like you suggested.

When we first saw this screen, I was convinced it would be Transmetal Megatron because the shoulder pads look slightly similar, and I thought the right shoulder was a spike... I thought maybe it was Transmetal Megatron holding up his tail-weapon arm, or something. I also thought it made sense to introduce that Megatron with Dinobot, since that was the form Megs had in Code of Hero.

Someone on the TFW2005 then showed the CW version, and I adjusted the game picture a little to see that what I originally thought was a tail-weapon, was actually a round pipe shape, just hazed out. Also the head shape never matched TM Megatron, as much as I wanted it to be him.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    I just hope one of the special attacks showcases his energon flail
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »

If it is CW Meg, I would actually be pretty offended if at least one of his specials didn't include his energon flail seeing as his nemesis CW Prime uses his axe. But I think most of all, I just hope his arm cannon doesn't sound like a pop gun
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Manthro wrote: »

If it is CW Meg, I would actually be pretty offended if at least one of his specials didn't include his energon flail seeing as his nemesis CW Prime uses his axe. But I think most of all, I just hope his arm cannon doesn't sound like a pop gun

Game files in today's update have confirmed that the character model is based on the 2015 Leader class Megatron. So, CW.

But even more importantly....

Optimus Primal.

:D
  • Options
    Ugh. No more Beast Wars. Would be much happier seeing Prime characters at this point
  • Options
    So another Demo bot? Wish they would put in other classes.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Optimus Primal? Ugh. I'll pass on monkey boy. I'll have to find a new game to play for a month :p