Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing the Ancient Sanctum Map

Comments

• that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited November 2017
    that1guy wrote: »
    New players aren't suppose to compare themselves to anyone, because you know, they are NEW to the game. This is not about being nice to new players, or being generous, this is about the fact that there are certain people expect to be rewarded for every late stage content released despite the fact its suppose to be a difficult challenge for all players, veteran or not.

You could've done that explanation without inappropriate reply about babies.
    This forum is also for new and veterans. Veterans comment a lot about gold/ore/shards, they comment about something else. Simple explanation would be more suited.

I don't even know why you thought my post was even directed to new players to begin with, as no where did I mention them. Who I did mention were the people who constantly complain, as explained in the second post, because you know, babies always whine about things they can't easily have.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited November 2017
    About the comments directed at me, instead of the argument, about working harder/lazy millenial/want something for nothing etc.. I did 16-20 raids per day during raid week, without buying raid tickets. I even hit 2k+ medals (Dircules, your base made me cry btw lol). I will hit 100k bot chips without any dupes, I have several rank 3 4*, this is all content I can do and I put in the time to do it. I'm not talking about this from a personal position where I can't do it or can't access it or wanting something I can't have.

I don't think comparisons to expert spotlight are the same, because that's still the same map and same bots, it's just a higher difficulty due to mods and pi levels. Comparable would be map 2 with a diff 101 where the mods got buffed or something.

This map is a whole new style of play, 6 lanes is completely different. It's totally new content with a very different style of game play needed that they've designed, they spent money and time designing it.

It could very easily have a difficulty scaling that can make it accessible to everyone without making it less challenging for the top %.

For example, 1 diff could equal 3-4 diffs of map 2 and by diff 10 you've already reached diff 40. Or just have some kind of scaling that isn't linear where higher diffs increase more. There's 100 (or more) levels to play with. That's just a small example of how you could design content for your entire player base instead of less than half, because half do diff 15 or less, according to rank rewards and the thresholds. It's super easy to fix and there's no downside. Is there anything bad about doing it this way? Which player group/style loses out if it's like this?

@Hired_Goon I took what he said less literally and more meaning things aimed at a small percentage of the player base.

@Mustangjon rank 50 puts us at 800-900 people, what percent does that put us at? You'd know the percent, is it 10%, 20%? Rank 50 is not a big number of people, we have like a player base of 10k-15k right? maybe 20k if we've grown since last check? diff 15 is around rank 150-200 (51-100%). There will always be a threshold and plateau for point scoring, so after a certain % the cutoffs drop dramatically, because not everyone is participating for the top prize. Tell me the % that you think are running diff 40+, and have full participation to do the new map 3x 100?

@Manthro no social justice here, just thinking about game design and why bother spending time and money developing something for a small percent when it can be easily designed for 100% of the players without negatively impacting the small percent they seem to be aiming it for. Why have a second gate of the lowest pi being diff 1 = diff 40, you already have diffs to gate. Doesn't make sense to me. I see no logic in it.

Truth be told, it's not my original idea, I didn't come up with it, I got the idea from Kripp, one of the most viewed and most popular streamers on twitch. So even if my words hold no weight, maybe his do. He was talking about Hearthstone and a problem they had, but also talked in general.

Kripp said:
    Another thing to keep in mind, just in general, in the video gaming industry, you're selling entertainment, you're selling a positive experience. So, to deliver like a 50/50 would be a disaster. You do not want, as a company, as a developer, to spend time and money creating content that half the people will hate. If half the people like it and half the people hate it, you've done a bad job. Because, the negative experiences are going to be much more memorable than the positive ones. Who does it target? Existing players. What if a core of them stop playing because of it? See how that might be a problem if you spent time and money to actually make this happen? It would seem pretty dumb right?

There are other areas of the game this could be applicable, like the arena change, the bounty/sig replacement, the very high thresholds to unlock rank rewards, the very high milestone rewards no alliance can hit, p2w mods, expert diff etc, but we can still apply it here, a new style of game play (6 lane, whole new map), a new form of entertainment, for only diff 40+ alliances, which we know is less than 50/50 due to rank rewards and leaderboards.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Or players can strive to better their alliances or upgrade their alliances to be capable of running or continue to run d15 in sl like you said most the alliances supposedly run and be happy, because if they are only running d15 they are very content with not pushing limits

Also @Terminal since you like stats so much you know how tax payers work out? Like top 2% pay 98% of taxes or something. Well in micro transaction games same logic applies.

Which means if the spenders get bored and got nothing to spend on then lights go out for all.

Ftp will always complain about “p2w”’mods or whatever but like it or not there is no game without spenders
  • I honestly can't see any problem with this. I think the new map will be awesome. If it's a challenge for some people, so what? Honestly, it should be a challenge for all people. Challenge is part of the game.

Is the complaint just about capping map2 at d65 or whatever? I don't think that's a big deal either. Are there really alliances that can handle d70 or so but wont want to run map3 at all? Even if they have to drop the power level of opponents a few notches, everyone is gonna enjoy new content just because it's new. If alliances can't handle it, then they can merge with other alliances, players can switch and swap, it's not a big deal. There's no crisis here, nothing unfair or unreasonable. It's good news for new players - there's more to look forward to. It's great news for veteran players - new content is still coming. It's great news for mid-tier players, there are new opportunities to push or relax, whatever you want

We don't have to have this argument over things every time Kabam announce something. People bring so much negativity here, for me, it's a much bigger turn off than any problems with the game itself

• The simple reality is this is a Massive Multiplayer Online game and as such I'll draw this as an example. When new content launches in World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV(updates not expansions), is it accessible to all players immediately? No it is not. Do they lose half of their playerbase because people cant access it? No they do not. It gives a goal to work towards. If there is no goal, that's when people quit playing. If everything is handed out for free with no work put towards acquiring it. That's when people quit. Same thing here. New content was added. It is not available to everyone and for good reason. Anyone who is eager to try it but not in a position to currently do so can either grind like we all have to reach it, pay money to catch up and reach it or join a better alliance/work towards getting better members for their alliance to reach it.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Terminal wrote: »
    ...I even hit 2k+ medals (Dircules, your base made me cry btw lol). ...
    Hugs. Welcome to try again any time :)
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Ftp will always complain about “p2w”’mods or whatever but like it or not there is no game without spenders

respect the f2p!
  • There's some really solid f2p alliances out there that are doing 70+ currently on SL. Gotta resepct the f2p. And yeah, this being an international game, it is annoying when Americans make comments like that. And I'm an American.....
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I like the new map, I don’t mind if they make another map with a million path.
    Just keep the old one as it is, there are so many alliances playing higher than 66 with less than 18 active player.
  • that1guy wrote: »
    Can't believe there are people complaining about a new map and content. If you or your alliance don't challenge yourself to push for higher difficulty, then those that do shouldn't be penalised. You play am for the competitive aspect of the game, not to play with your thumbs at difficulty 30.

Stop being such whiney babies.

This is not nice for new players. They dont have same resources as old players had.
    I would suggest for new players not to compare themselves with others. It will take time to grow. Don't feel bad by missing great rewards for now, you will get better rewards every time.

Who said that new players will have to start this forcefully, just remember they are introducing something new and challenging for All those do AM above 40.

And once the New player master existing D40 which will be now dropped to btw 15-18 they can move to New Map for bigger rewards.

Its that simple .

You want bigger rewards then take the challenge .
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I seriously don’t understand how anyone can justify whining about the fact that Kabam went to the trouble of creating new content.
    If you’re happy running map 2 and would prefer to carry on map 2, then just carry on playing it. The player base is currently so small that the chances of it making a difference to the leaderboards significantly is very low.
    They need to keep developing the available content to future proof the game - same with adding new characters and introducing new arenas, should they just stop that too?
    It’s just silly to even complain about them adding a new map when you aren’t forced to play it and it wont make a significant impact to the final rewards and placements.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    It would be good if Kabam can keep map 2 D66+. Our sister ally do D70s but have less than 6 active people per BG. There’s still lots for them to explore in map 2 before they take the leap to map 3.

As for the new maps, would there be a guide in advance like the below or just wait till the map arrives and we start the map based on the recommendation?

Map 2.40 = 3.1
    2.60 = 3.?
    2.80 = 3.?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    It would be good if Kabam can keep map 2 D66+. Our sister ally do D70s but have less than 6 active people per BG. There’s still lots for them to explore in map 2 before they take the leap to map 3.

As for the new maps, would there be a guide in advance like the below or just wait till the map arrives and we start the map based on the recommendation?

Map 2.40 = 3.1
    2.60 = 3.?
    2.80 = 3.?

I think the reward payout structure is going to change, so there may be some t2a and t3b payouts on the SL map under LVL 66.

You may not have to jump to the new map as a result
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I seriously don’t understand how anyone can justify whining about the fact that Kabam went to the trouble of creating new content.
    do you understand this is a business?
    Manthro wrote: »

I think the reward payout structure is going to change, so there may be some t2a and t3b payouts on the SL map under LVL 66.

You may not have to jump to the new map as a result

Well having done D100 x 4 as a way to say farewell to map 2, we are looking forward to map 3. Hopefully there will be T3C essences available too. What I do need most is gold though... >_<
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Sabugen wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    do you understand this is a business?
    Challenge is The Best part of any game! And of course we glad with the news. But there are things which should be improved dramatically. I don't believe we need to thank for new map, but if DaveJL would like, he can send thank you letter to Kabam ;-)

Are you both serious? I don’t even know how to respond, because I am 100% sure you will drag me down to your level.

I didn’t say I was thankful for anything, but if you want to be playing this game long term then criticising them for introducing necessary new content is dumb. Do you think they only do one thing at a time? The game team will be working on multiple things to improve the game, they don’t put everything on hold to do a new map.

As for understanding this is a business; of course I do, probably more so than you. I’ve played MCoC since April 2015, I have seen how they progress and develop a game, I run several businesses myself and I also know that in business you need to plan for the future, which is exactly what this new map is about.

Hell the probable reality is, even if they created this content solely for the few alliances who are running map 2 at 40 and beyond, that they did so because that is where the majority of the people who spend actual money on this game reside. Essentially they need to cater to the people who spend, not please the masses of f2p players - the f2p players still have all their content and can progress at the same rate, the spenders get his good new content and carry on spending. Makes business sense to me, must make sense to Kabam, and given the success of MCoC I’d say they know what they are doing, more so than anyone commenting on here for sure.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Does AS map have sharks?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Dircules wrote: »
    Does AS map have sharks?

This is a very good question. I'm sure it will, as it would make the Feeding Frenzy mastery pointless.
  • Hey everybody,

Just stopping in to let you know that we're not ignoring this thread. I wanted to post it on Friday to let you all take a look as soon as possible, but forgot to mention that it was being posted earlier than intended (today) to give you all a sneak peak, but we wouldn't really be able to answer questions until today (The weekend).

We're going back through the thread soon and I'll have answers for some questions soon!
    Actually OVPWR has ran d100 all am for about a month and half or two now. This time someone else ran it and won by a shark
  • Evolving Power: Phase 3: Cycle between protection from Melee and Ranged Attack damage.
    "Protection" means completely immune, or resistance buff?
    Evolving Power: Phase 5: Upon taking lethal damage,
    "Lethal" = like Waspinator? So the Boss will have 6 more seconds upon receiving the killing strike, but no health recovery like Wasp and Megs?

Protection offers full invulnerability from any damage, so get ready to switch up fighting styles!

And Lethal is upon KO, so like Waspinator, but no regen! Just invulnerability... So step back and let it run out!
  • Dircules wrote: »
    I think cutting off SL at 66 is a bit harsh. If people want to have it easy and not score higher on rankings why not let them. Don’t force people into a AM that requires 6 people to play. Plenty of alliances that do 66+ rely on 2-3 people and carry the rest, they’ll be screwed with this.

That might be the case, and if it is, we're open to revamping where we made the cutoff. Initially, the cutoff was level 40, as that is where the difficulty transition happens, but some of us raised concerns that this might make it harder for Alliances with fewer members, or less active Alliances. This is why we raised it to 66. This might change again in the future if we find it isn't working well.
    I'm not sure the meaning of "won by shark". My guess is OVP explored 100%. And that's another issue which kabam never addressed. A map can give different amount of points and few teams running same level get different ranks by chance. I don't see that kabam is "went to the trouble of creating a new content". I see they do it strictly for money. And unless they change, they will not hear from us Thank You. If we like the game we play and maybe pay. Nothing personal, strictly business from both sides.

Each class shark gives slightly different score go look at your alliance history each day scores will vary slightly as well will your bgs will be different.

This issue was brought up long ago to kabam and we were told it would be addressed it would be fixed soon, but obviously that fix is a new map

• edited November 2017
    Dircules wrote: »
    Does AS map have sharks?

There are definitely Sharkticons on the map! 18 total.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

There are definitely Sharkticons on the map! 18 total.

This is a lot of bots with the 48 previously listed plus 6 sub-bosses and the boss. This map will require a lot more energy to finish. Any changes to the AM energy recharge timer?

you say you will share details on friday, but isnt the new map should already be running by thursday?
    edited November 2017
    Thanks @StreetFighter. Actually OVP, Force and us all ran D100 for the 4 days. All the top 3 alliances do kick serious a** and OVP and Force are both awesome alliances that inspire us. Dircules shared OVP’s points with us and vice versa, and it really came down to a very minimal difference.

We only did it since it won’t be available next week, as a farewell to map 2 of sorts. I do hope Kabam will consider leaving it available for alliances that want to try it as well.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    Thanks @StreetFighter. Actually OVP, Force and us all ran D100 for the 4 days. All the top 3 alliances do kick serious a** and OVP and Force are both awesome alliances that inspire us. Dircules shared OVP’s points with us and vice versa, and it really came down to a very minimal difference.

We only did it since it won’t be available next week, as a farewell to map 2 of sorts. I do hope Kabam will consider leaving it available for alliances that want to try it as well.

I would definitely give difficulty 100 a shot any day.
  • Maybe increasing max number of members per clan could help with participation in new map. In case some get ppl get stuck in real life situations, another can be used ...
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Maybe increasing max number of members per clan could help with participation in new map. In case some get ppl get stuck in real life situations, another can be used ...

You know, 18 is the number of the original Ark crew.