Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

New Apple store app guidelines require lootbox rates to be disclosed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Terminal wrote: »
    The starscream lootbox would have been a good opportunity to be proactive about the guidelines rather than make it look like you're being forced to do something you don't want to do, like you're being dragged kicking and screaming in to a new era where players get treated with a modicum of respect.

Great chance to be a pillar in the community and set an example rather than try and use the old way as much as possible until you're not allowed to anymore.

Imagine being one of the first companies to step forward and do the right thing, might even get some good publicity and news articles out of it.

We now have 3 different cash only loot boxes in the shop. A record I believe? Seems like the total opposite direction.

Working with Apple to better understand the guidelines? It's pretty clear, lootboxes require rates, plain and simple. Anything more is just looking for loopholes and reallly not in the spirit of the guidelines. It's about protecting consumers, and trying to find ways around it is not protecting consumers.

What a scary new era of gaming we're entering where developers have to make effort and be creative about how to make money rather than ask people to blindly gamble, "give us money but we won't tell you what your chance of actually winning is".

The notion is so absurd I can't believe it's survived as long as it has without regulation. Thanks to EA for being so incredibly greedy and causing the world to finally wake up a bit about it.

Time for this golden goose to finally be cooked.

Will take years to develop solid regulatory authority and enforcement, loot boxes mechanics are in growth stage and boosting the economy, i think uncle sam wont jump on it unless it start to damage economy.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    ArtieB wrote: »
    Duplicates is fine once I have a number of originals. It’s not fine when I either work my tail off for shards or spend $30 on a crystal. Having three top level robots does no good for high difficulty missions when you need five. The statistical improbability of what I got is staggering. The last three crystals I’ve opened have been the same bot. Even if it’s not intentional, how do I know it’s not a glitch? What if the “randomizing” programming is stuck in a loop?

I thought u only duped once. Yeah 3 dups of the same bot :neutral: I hope at least it's not a mixmaster

I would gladly take a 4* Mixmaster duped,
    The starscream lootbox would have been a good opportunity to be proactive about the guidelines rather than make it look like you're being forced to do something you don't want to do, like you're being dragged kicking and screaming in to a new era where players get treated with a modicum of respect.

Great chance to be a pillar in the community and set an example rather than try and use the old way as much as possible until you're not allowed to anymore.

Imagine being one of the first companies to step forward and do the right thing, might even get some good publicity and news articles out of it.

We now have 3 different cash only loot boxes in the shop. A record I believe? Seems like the total opposite direction.

Working with Apple to better understand the guidelines? It's pretty clear, lootboxes require rates, plain and simple. Anything more is just looking for loopholes and reallly not in the spirit of the guidelines. It's about protecting consumers, and trying to find ways around it is not protecting consumers.

What a scary new era of gaming we're entering where developers have to make effort and be creative about how to make money rather than ask people to blindly gamble, "give us money but we won't tell you what your chance of actually winning is".

The notion is so absurd I can't believe it's survived as long as it has without regulation. Thanks to EA for being so incredibly greedy and causing the world to finally wake up a bit about it.

Will take years to develop solid regulatory authority and enforcement, loot boxes mechanics are in growth stage and boosting the economy, i think uncle sam wont jump on it unless it start to damage economy.

Actually the regulations are already in place, those that govern electronic slot machines around the world. Literally nothing has to be changed, instead of "payout tiers" it's simply a list of every prize available from that crystal, with odds percentages next to each. Enforcement would then fall to federal gaming commission, and voila we have a winner.
  • Options
    CandKane wrote: »
    ArtieB wrote: »
    Duplicates is fine once I have a number of originals. It’s not fine when I either work my tail off for shards or spend $30 on a crystal. Having three top level robots does no good for high difficulty missions when you need five. The statistical improbability of what I got is staggering. The last three crystals I’ve opened have been the same bot. Even if it’s not intentional, how do I know it’s not a glitch? What if the “randomizing” programming is stuck in a loop?

I thought u only duped once. Yeah 3 dups of the same bot :neutral: I hope at least it's not a mixmaster

I would gladly take a 4* Mixmaster duped,

Actually the regulations are already in place, those that govern electronic slot machines around the world. Literally nothing has to be changed, instead of "payout tiers" it's simply a list of every prize available from that crystal, with odds percentages next to each. Enforcement would then fall to federal gaming commission, and voila we have a winner.

Fed and State regulation does govern gambling in a locality, why they are not even going to bother with gambling in World Wide Digital Environment is that companies and servers can just move to another county.....

federal gaming commission, I think you mean Federal Trade Commission, them and Gov are still debating whether loot boxes are gambling or not, one challenge is that if items are account bound(cannot be traded), its not gambling in traditional sense(no monetary value). I do hope thou they can enforce and regulate loot boxes but the real thing to think about is that Fed and US Gov cannot overreach to "around the world".

This is going deep and really should not be discussed in forum of this kind of game lol, hope all pans out.
  • Options
    I hope the lack of disclosure is not because different tiers of players have different odds of winning.