Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cheaters

Comments

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Frugalli88 wrote: »
    Cheaters are over all raid now, can’t even report them fast enough. Only allowed 1 report till I get a response. Had 3 suspicious raids to report and can’t even get them in before more come through. Walking through 2 harm accelerators with R4 4*s without a suitable bot for it and not take any damage? Getting more annoying by the day.

Eh depends on how high your bots and HA are. If it’s not a strong HA, and the person has the nano repair mastery maxed out to counter HA, an R4 can kill fast enough to get away without damage. Suspicious ones are 2* bots taking 20k+ bases.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Cheaters are over all raid now, can’t even report them fast enough. Only allowed 1 report till I get a response. Had 3 suspicious raids to report and can’t even get them in before more come through. Walking through 2 harm accelerators with R4 4*s without a suitable bot for it and not take any damage? Getting more annoying by the day.

Eh depends on how high your bots and HA are. If it’s not a strong HA, and the person has the nano repair mastery maxed out to counter HA, an R4 can kill fast enough to get away without damage. Suspicious ones are 2* bots taking 20k+ bases.

Nano repair to counter HA, are you kidding me? There's some reason for it to be called "nano repair" instead of "kilo repair", and even a 1* HA can outperform it.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »

My 3*and 4* HAs are ranked as high as the game currently allows
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited January 2018
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Nano repair to counter HA, are you kidding me? There's some reason for it to be called "nano repair" instead of "kilo repair", and even a 1* HA can outperform it.

Just playing devil's advocate, but class advantage mitigates the HA damage, and your rank disparity mitigates it a ton. I.e. lets say the bot on the node is an r2 4* and you are bringing a r5 4* with class advantage, you are going to see a really small bleed per tick. So if the fight is quick enough, you could possibly have very small or negligible damage from HA with the right masteries.

But yeah, it would absolutely have to be a perfect storm situation to see what appears to be zero damage from 2 HAs.

No doubt, the raid cheating is rampant, but I try not to point the finger at people unless it is absolutely impossible that they went through unscathed.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Can kabam make raids like arena? Players from the same region only, let the Russian and Chinese cheaters deal with each other.
  • Recently in my alliance multiple members have employed mercenary to run account to beat ROK. It’s come out he was using 3rd party software and token bans are being handed out. (160 hours).Now, the consensus seems to be it was still worth it because rewards haven’t been rescinded but players like myself who stay above board suffer because we’re mid AM and now short players. If you persist in “token” penalties no doubt this activity will continue.
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited January 2018
    Observation:
    Many Asian game companies in Asia sell hacks for their own game, thru fake third party entities, because more bread, and repeat renew versions etc.

Suggestion:
    If there is "token" ban penalties as stated by FuggnBuggn, instead of token ban 160hrs, why not ban them premenatly in Raid and AM? they will still contribute to players base fodders for legit players.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    FuggnBuggn wrote: »
    Recently in my alliance multiple members have employed mercenary to run account to beat ROK. It’s come out he was using 3rd party software and token bans are being handed out. (160 hours).Now, the consensus seems to be it was still worth it because rewards haven’t been rescinded but players like myself who stay above board suffer because we’re mid AM and now short players. If you persist in “token” penalties no doubt this activity will continue.

.....Sooooo...

Double foul... One for account sharing and the other for the 3rd party software.

You're complaining about the bans because it affects your ability to play AM. When would be a better time to hand out bans? When there is nothing happening and it doesn't matter?

AM is the perfect time, as it affects the players cheating and the alliance as a whole. Makes you think about the consequences of having dishonest people in your alliance.

None of those players should be allowed back in your crew. Odds are they will just get banned for something else, screwing over all the honest ones again in the future.
    I think @FuggnBuggn 's point is that the penalties are too light. So what if they were banned for 160 hours and can't play this week? They will be able to continue playing after that with the additional T3C and attack relic that completing ROK gives. It would then tempt the other players in the alliance to say hey, they only got such a light punishment, we can do the same thing too and just not play AM for one week, but after that R5 baby! It's like stealing $100M from the bank and the punishment is getting fined $10K. This 160hr ban is not a deterrent.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited January 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    Recently in my alliance multiple members have employed mercenary to run account to beat ROK. It’s come out he was using 3rd party software and token bans are being handed out. (160 hours).Now, the consensus seems to be it was still worth it because rewards haven’t been rescinded but players like myself who stay above board suffer because we’re mid AM and now short players. If you persist in “token” penalties no doubt this activity will continue.

.....Sooooo...

Double foul... One for account sharing and the other for the 3rd party software.

You're complaining about the bans because it affects your ability to play AM. When would be a better time to hand out bans? When there is nothing happening and it doesn't matter?

AM is the perfect time, as it affects the players cheating and the alliance as a whole. Makes you think about the consequences of having dishonest people in your alliance.

None of those players should be allowed back in your crew. Odds are they will just get banned for something else, screwing over all the honest ones again in the future.

me and @FuggnBuggn were in the same alliance.. those affected honestly didnt know when they paid the merc.. there are many out there who would employ mercs to help them do ROK since its the toughest content in the game (not everyone can sit there for 4 hours to finish it + stressed out).

I've told them to appeal and some of them would do so.. imagine if this happened to you you'd wish u get a second chance too no? They've already lost a ton of money to the merc + a 7 days ban.. enough hurt done to them. Don't think they should receive anymore punishment for it. If Kabam thinks they are right at taking back the ROK relic and all the rewards from them then I really have no words.. a 7 days ban is enough to teach anyone a lesson. Kabam just needs a better system in detecting hackers so repeat offenders that dont learn will end up getting perma ban.. this I fully agree with 100%. And also patch the game up so it gets harder for any hackers to hack into the game's codes and servers.. this is more important.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    Davien wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

.....Sooooo...

me and @FuggnBuggn were in the same alliance.. those affected honestly didnt know when they paid the merc.. there are many out there who would employ mercs to help them do ROK since its the toughest content in the game (not everyone can sit there for 4 hours to finish it + stressed out).

I've told them to appeal and some of them would do so.. imagine if this happened to you you'd wish u get a second chance too no? They've already lost a ton of money to the merc + a 7 days ban.. enough hurt done to them. Don't think they should receive anymore punishment for it. If Kabam thinks they are right at taking back the ROK relic and all the rewards from them then I really have no words.. a 7 days ban is enough to teach anyone a lesson. Kabam just needs a better system in detecting hackers so repeat offenders that dont learn will end up getting perma ban.. this I fully agree with 100%. And also patch the game up so it gets harder for any hackers to hack into the game's codes and servers.. this is more important.

I think you're missing the point I'm making... And I originally had a big ol' Terminal length post about it, but I've edited it... Because meh.
    edited January 2018
    We should build up a list of all those who have been banned this week. All these players for sure will not be welcomed into Force alliances, right @tekkn1kal ?
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    You're acting as if there aren't people in force family that haven't used mercs. Just because they aren't caught doesn't mean you should act all pompous in the community forum.

Gimme a break.
    that1guy wrote: »
    You're acting as if there aren't people in force family that haven't used mercs. Just because they aren't caught doesn't mean you should act all pompous in the community forum.

Gimme a break.

There’s a difference having mercs who beat ROK with skill rather than mercs who beat ROK with mods. First one yes the account sharing charge still holds but at least it was not done with cheats. If you know anyone who uses mods or cheats within the Force family, you have my Line contact, please send me your proof and I promise you we will investigate and weed them out if guilty. I personally have zero tolerance for people who have to resort to mods to beat the game content.
    If we are gonna go into this matter, there's no way a buyer will ever know a seller is using a mod to complete the work unless stated otherwise. No one has any tolerance to using mods to complete content especially when it carries the risk of getting banned and it carries the weight of getting an alliance compromised. You're making it sound like there individuals going out of their way to attain a Merc using a mod. This is false.

The point of my original post was not to start a crack down on people who have used mercs or to throw shade at force, but rather to question the point of your post. How's it even relevent to the topic at hand; if you're going to discuss matters relating to force with tech, go do it in your own line chat with him. Otherwise as stated before, you just being pompous here.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Technically, there's zero difference in skill mercs and cheat mercs as both involve account sharing, which is against ToS.
    At least now I know how people get astronomical arena scores now...
    You actually can do account sharing, just when there's no permission granted by the account holder. Anything involving malicious intent is against the rules.

http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/3444/an-important-note-on-account-sharing-and-accessing-other-players-accounts-without-permission#latest
    You can take it however way you want. I had one player whose friend said there were cheats in Force and when I asked him to ask who, there was no reply. Another officer had another potential recruit decide not to join his alliance because he thought there were hackers in Force. Thus, I’m saying it here, not just for you, that if anyone knows of players cheating, we do not tolerate such cheaters in our alliances. I believe many of the top alliances have a similar stance and it would be a good time now to look around and see who’s been unable to log in. If Kabam can’t do anything, we can at least keep them out of our own alliances.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited January 2018
    This brings us to Account Sharing. This is not allowed by our rules, and can be dangerous for you. Your account security is your own responsibility, and sharing your login information is done at your own risk. You are responsible for any actions taken in your account. -Kabam Mike-

I'm not going to judge anyone who uses whatever means necessary to advance (I've been f2p since October so I'll never be fighting for those top spots anyways), but there seem to be an awful lot of rulebreakers.
    Oh shoot, I donno how I missed that @CandKane
  • k7orwn7bo1i0.png
    It’s right there in the TOS
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited January 2018
    "There’s a difference having mercs who beat ROK with skill rather than mercs who beat ROK with mods."

No, there's no difference. Even you say it.

"There’s a difference"... " First one yes the account sharing charge still holds".

That's it, end of story. It's against the ToS. The fact is, you didn't do it, so you shouldn't get the rewards and benefits of it.

Stop trying to draw a line between account sharing based on who they shared with.

"there are many out there who would employ mercs to help them do ROK since its the toughest content in the game (not everyone can sit there for 4 hours to finish it + stressed out)."

This is the most insane thing I've seen here with the most absurd reasoning ever.

This whole thread is ridiculous. Stop defending account sharers. If someone else did content for them then they got an unfair advantage.

Heaps of people don't have time and don't want the stress of 4 hours of RoK, but the answer isn't BREAKING TERMS OF SERVICE for it. The answer is YOU SIMPLY DON'T DO IT AND DON'T GET THE REWARDS.

Calling them 'mercs' is equally ridiculous, giving the cheating a new name to make it sound more legitimate is hilarious. You're not hiring a mercenary. You're getting someone do content you can't do so you can get rewards you wouldn't have gotten yourself.

People are crying about someone cheating to smash their base so easily, but then you've got other people who are smashing bases, and clearing spotlights easily with an R5 health and damage boost they never should have had.. you've cheated out a huge hp and damage boost.

Breaking rules is breaking rules.. hackers or account sharing, it's all the same to me, and I think it's a load of garbage trying to separate them and treat the people different. Rules are rules. There's only two groups.. those that follow and those that don't.

Account sharing is not less of a crime than these raid hacks. Both are being done to get a benefit over others and get rewards that the player couldn't get by themselves.

That is not fair, at all.

The fact that the biggest alliances in the game think it's OK to share and have someone else play for you and earn rewards for you is a joke and completely destroys the integrity of the game and those alliances.

The biggest thing is RoK and you don't care if someone else does it for you.. so where does it stop? Do people also do arena for you and boost your score? Clear expert spotlight? Log in to use Am energy when you're sleeping or working? Do raids for you so you don't miss that T2a when it pops up in the shop?

Justifying getting someone else to do RoK for you with skill is analogous to getting someone else to sit a school/college/university exam for you. It actually happens too, but is it ok? No way at all.

The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Nicely said @Terminal but how on earth are these players allowed to keep they're rewards for beating ROK with a mod & after being banned? That's a slap on the wrist & they're rewards should be token away immediately.
    If I understand correctly, the rewards were taken away on top of being banned.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169

I don't think rewards we're taken away from what this gentleman is saying.
  • Hope @Kabam Miike and the other admins take note of this and bring it back to the team to implement harsher and quicker punishment. The integrity of the game is on the line and players like myself who put in the time and hard work are being discouraged to continue playing.
  • that1guy wrote: »
    If I understand correctly, the rewards were taken away on top of being banned.

I would hope so because if not than it’s not even a slap on the wrist it’s just some time in the “time out” chair.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Zero sympathy from me for anyone who received any form of ban for account sharing to complete ROK. I dont care if the "merc" did it legit or not.

IMO, having someone else log into your account to beat the current most difficult content in the game for you, is the equivalent of you playing a video game for months, and are finally at the last boss, but you are having a real difficult time beating him....so you have a friend do it for you. Or even worse, you use cheats.

So now you have "beaten" the game - but in reality, you didnt. Someone else did it for you. Because you suck too much to do it yourself legitimately.

And if I was in charge, any account that used any sort of 3rd party crap to cheat in order to complete anything in this game, should be banned for life. There is no "accidentally" when cheating. You dont accidentally download or use 3rd party software and somehow think that its legitimate. And you dont accidentally hire a "merc" to log into your account to complete the game for you.
  • Pricket_dutch88Pricket_dutch88 Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    I really do think that, everyone that loves the game (kabam and players) do want to gett those people out off the game. as players we only see the problems that you guys are dealing with, and you and we do understand that to catch palyers you need a way to gett something to proof ond data ore paper blablabla things. so you are in your rights, and do not get that [Removed by Moderation].

and every body that does speak out does understand ,i my selfalready am seeing for a long time see palyers cheating (5 months). and i also see that you (kabam) is making a lot off progress in the game in in general.

there ar just maybe more problems for you guys at the mament than you can see. and i do think that we all now that problem 1. is cheaters (biggest problem to get away) 2. people that complain about it or feel like that it is not going the possitieve way. (even me, and this is the first time in the 9 months that i do play this game).

you guys just can get so muts support off like 90% of all the players if you guys help with the problem “easier” everybody i know, just are trying to do nothing about it because we feel there is nothing we can ( or in a easy way) if ther e is just a reason that you guys give a way to help i will find those [Removed by Moderation] and in the hole game there are palyers better or people that can iven find more in your data than you guys can because with cheaters they just need to find “a” way and you need to find the exect data to proof it (witch one is more diffcult) in the hole” top" marketing world (my work area) we do know that you will need to have a high interaction with your custumers so the feel like that there not only is whering a brant but also are a part of it.
    just please do create some open communicationn game chancing way (cocreations) with us that we do not stand just by the side line. you can get so muts “free” help, thinks you did not think about it, and maybe there is just 1 player in like more then 80000 ( your team can never be beter in something then 100 000 humans can) maybe there is or ther wil be just one person in althose players thet knows this problem (maybe not this problem right now, maybe the next one)

- get us to help you ( @Kabam Miike” ) guys, so i can stop spending my energie in something negatiefs, and do SOMETHING about it, only if it just feels like i am helping to do something about it, you have a chance to get a lot off ambassadors for the game, that will give you guys so much PR value in the business. you may not understand it when you are reading. I just hope you do not pay attention to my spelling in English. I hope you can discuss my idea with a communication specialist. I hope that she will convince you that this can be the highest qualatiy of advertising in thevbusiness
    there will be a disadvantage that it will feels for are giving away control. and that this new way of thinking is not yet known to everyone,

and even that did never stopt Columbus!
  • I see a lot of people involved in this post, that's a proof everyone feels concerned, that's great.
    I share the same feelings than most of you here :
    * cheating (hacking) is bad,
    * it impacts all the game modes, even if there's no hack for it, because of the rewards you can get - and keep
    * we are all ready to help Kabam get this sorted out, but we need the means to do that

That said, I do not share completely the same view on account sharing. At least between Alliance members (not to hack the ROK, of course).
    I know it's against the TOS.
    But I cannot see really why it's so bad and damaging to the other players to have your teammate do a few of your moves in AM or launch the daily mission in automated mode while you are busy at work or with your kids.
    At least, I cannot see how it is worst than having your baby kid play the arena for you or your wife fight the boss in AM while you are doing the dishes.

Team is the family after all. The only difference being you can get caught for one, not the other.

Anyway, account sharing was not the topic here.
    I think the priority is to prevent hacking