Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shark forging

Comments

• Dupped and unleveled 2 star sharkticon gives 800 shards.

And a 2 star sharkticon with signature ability level of 20 gives 2000
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Terminal wrote: »
    so will the special tab remain permanently after the event so we can create shark crystals.. and sharks will continue to give shark shards after the event?

The only thing is not collecting any new sources of sharks?

So, the Special Tab will go away, but you'll still be able to Forge Sharkticons for Sharkticon Crystal shards. There may just not be a way to get more Sharkticons after this,

This is completely ambiguous. I think you are misunderstanding what is being asked, Miike. We get we can still collect shards at any time by forging.. we want to know if we can exchange those shards at our leisure, or if the ability to exchange them into crystals will be removed at the end of the event.

Players want a simple confirmation..Yes or No.

If we don't get a straight answer you may be missing out on potential revenue for players buying gold crystals, sparks and ore to rank these things in time to get 4* sharks.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Terminal wrote: »
    so will the special tab remain permanently after the event so we can create shark crystals.. and sharks will continue to give shark shards after the event?

So, the Special Tab will go away, but you'll still be able to Forge Sharkticons for Sharkticon Crystal shards. There may just not be a way to get more Sharkticons after this,

Sorry, I don't understand. If there's no special tab then how do we use the shark crystal shards to exchange for an actual shark crystal?

Are they going to be merged in to the shard crystal tab? Can we make shark crystals whenever we want or only during this week?
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Considering the very little effort required to grind out a 4* (you only need 25 2* to make one 4*, - 6 free 2* - one free 3*{which is = to 5 2*} = 14 2* or two days of arena.), I dont understand why everyone is getting so uptight. You've got time.. should be no need to go beyond this event to get your sharks. They finally give you your dang sharks and everyone gets all finnacky . Like, take it and enjoy it. If you just HAVE to have 6 duped 4* sharks one for Every class, then by god you've probably figured out all the math. And, you also probably realize you don't need more than a week. I say good day.

P.s. why are you guys pouring resources? Just forged, or dup+forge .. its.. it's really simple math.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Well said @Terminal , and that's life. They may attract new players but how could new players score 500K in Arena?
    edited February 2018
    Considering 400k is less than 10% rank during feature... not many will get 500k, milestones might help it a bit though.

Hopefully new players don't waste resources on these bots, if it's their 'best' bot they're going to be struggling with content.

I just noticed in game the stats, brawler shark max is 739 atk and 9,993 hp, compared to a regular brawler, primal is 975 atk and 12,392 hp.

But like Remmie said, it is a bit easier to obtain maybe one or two.. but it will only give a bit more points in arena because even though it's a 4*.. the stats are low. Still.. points is points.

I really like the shark alt form.. I'll probably just use them as base fillers.
  • Terminal wrote: »

@KabamMiike, will the sharkticon crystals be available after the event in the raid store like the Knight crystals... but there just more rare?
  • Quick excel sheet math based upon the #'s reported in this thread indicates ~80 shards per sig level. At 401 shards for fresh 2*, this means that you get ~ the same return in shards for 2 fresh 2* sharks or 1 unleveled sig 5 2* shark. IE You should dupe before forging just to get the "free" gold and ore.

Hooweever, there is a huge outlier data point: the 3/30 sig 13 reported by sysshock for 2310 shards.
    The 8 sig level gap between this report and Zapper's reported 3/30 sig 5 would, according to all other data points, be expected to be ~640 points (8*80), but as reported the gap in shards given is almost exactly 2x the expected value at 1279 shards.

So, either it is 80 shards a sig level all the way up and sysshock's report is in error, OR something crazy happens to shards per sig level when 3/30.

Again, I just threw this together so I could be missing or miscalculating something.
  • TraminatorTraminator Posts: 59
    edited February 2018
    Wow, you guys are insanely overcomplicating the calculations, LOL.

Let me give you a couple hints.

When forging BOTS (not sharks) into the SAME CLASS ... there is a 10% bonus. Technically it's not 10% ... it's "10% rounded down" or in a spreadsheet
    SameClassPoints = DifferentClassPoints + TRUNC(DifferentClassPoints/10).
    ie. 218 = 199 + 19

For the same bot, it's ~20% (mathematically it's not, it's 2x of the added bonus above).
    ie. 237 = 199 + 38

Secondly, Sig is calculated as follows:
    2* = Sig x 31
    3* = Sig x 220

Have fun :)
  • Well... tried to make a post... FAIL ... needs to be approved, whatever... so here's a screenshot of what it WOULD have looked like:

jojrf8poo0hj.png
    edited February 2018
    there is a huge outlier data point: the 3/30 sig 13 reported by sysshock for 2310 shards.
    The 8 sig level gap between this report and Zapper's reported 3/30 sig 5 would, according to all other data points, be expected to be ~640 points (8*80), but as reported the gap in shards given is almost exactly 2x the expected value at 1279 shards.

This is also what's been confusing me since yesterday. Nothing made sense.. so I'm going to collect my own data, because I think it's an error.

• Oh and your single point sig upgrades work as well......... Just sayin'
  • Terminal wrote: »
    there is a huge outlier data point: the 3/30 sig 13 reported by sysshock for 2310 shards.

This is also what's been confusing me since yesterday. Nothing made sense.. so I'm going to collect my own data, because I think it's an error.

For me, a maxed 2*, sig 10 gives 1,430 shards and sig 11 gives 1,510. So the 80 per sig level sounds accurate to me. That would make maxed with sig 21 give 2,310 (10 more levels).
    edited February 2018
    Awesome, thanks for the data! I think we can safely say the original info was an error. This is clear now.

So the only question that remains @Kabam Miike, can we exchange the shark shards for shark crystals after the event ends? Will they be moved from special tab in to the shard tab or something?
  • @KillMasterC, hahahaha... ok, here you go :)
    I’m about 98% sure of these numbers

(If you wanna translate fell free to send me text and I’ll add the 411 logo)

cca59fh65ayz.png
  • I forged a maxed 3* and got 830 Shards so pretty much 3 or 4 3* gets you a 4* once I get one 4* I ain't grinding anymore I only want one idc which class just want a sharkticon to play with really
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Great job @Trailfire , check mail for translated text.
    I've noticed a huge cost drop when upgrading from 1/10->2/1, especially for 3* forge fodders. It seems both 2* and 3* are best fed at 2/1?
  • Omega_ben wrote: »
    I forged a maxed 3* and got 830 Shards so pretty much 3 or 4 3* gets you a 4* once I get one 4* I ain't grinding anymore I only want one idc which class just want a sharkticon to play with really

Same, I need to get 3 more 3* sharkticons in order to do it
  • UccinUccin Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    Just an FYI shards are NOT guaranteed. I just forged a 2* 3/3 11sig tech shark into a 3* tech bot and got NO SHARDS.

What a waste.....that was some hefty resources for nothing.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Uccin wrote: »
    Just an FYI shards are NOT guaranteed. I just forged a 2* 3/3 11sig tech shark into a 3* tech bot and got NO SHARDS.

What a waste.....that was some hefty resources for nothing.

I'm gonna call that a bug, or a delay in the shards arriving to inventory.

Restarting the app should synchronize everything
  • OK, I think after this is over they're moving the shards from the "special" tab to the normal shard crystal tab. I had a full 2* shark crystal from shards and it was counting it on the shards tab, not the special one.

Sorry I didn't think to take a pic before opening it. Has anyone else noticed this happening?
  • It happens to me everytime. Every time I get enough shards for a shark crystal, it shows the red tab with the number over the shard tab not special.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited February 2018
    Yep. Sometimes it doesn't display when you forge. It seems to be a delay calling up the 'items received' graphic, but it doesn't delay putting them into your crystal stash. You might find the 'items received' thingo suddenly appears some time randomly next week, or maybe never. I've had both, and not just with the sharks (although it used to be very rare, and I've had it fail to appear about 15% of the time this week)

I'm pretty confident it's just this kind of weird visual thing, because I take screenshots every time I forge in order to collect the data. Once it happened the first time with sharks, I started including my crystal stash in the screenshots, so I know it was going up even when it looks like I wasn't getting any shards
  • Turns out Sharks also give more forge xp than regular bots

Specifically, you get double the normal forge xp for sig levels of sharks.

The rest of the bot (ranks and levels) seems to get about 5% more than regular bots
  • I don’t know if this a bug or not. Shark 2* r1 10/10 sig5 would give me more forge xp than shark 2* r2 1/20 sig5 ???
    c00rsdnpw09j.png
    s50lcuisd48f.png
  • It seems that you get 100% bonus per bot level within a rank. Bot once you rank up, you lose all the bonuses. So if you are going to forge a bot, it is best to do it at 1/10, 2/20, or 3/30. Somewhere in the middle of the next rank, the higher level bonuses make it worthwhile again, but I haven't done any gold calculations.

However, my duped sig 5 shark gives a 50% bonus on the rank base forge XP, and then add on per level 100% bonuses.
  • So I'm really confused now, so you don't forge a 2* shark into a 3* shark you forge them into a standard bot of the same class?