Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What Is The Best Transformers Movie?

What Is The Best Transformers Movie? 10 votes

Transformers The Game
40%
ladysman_417DaveJLwahhtmikeyUrAverageMalaka 4 votes
Transformers ROTF
10%
Bumblebee254 1 vote
Transformers DOTM
30%
GreyfoxEXBiomechronBumblebee_Stings 3 votes
Transformers AOE
10%
PrimeHacker 1 vote
Transformers The Last Knight
10%
Bntyhntr3232_ 1 vote

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    1986 Movie

Aka my childhood and true love
  • 1986 Movie

followed closely by MV1
  • 86 movie by a country mile
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I saw the very first showing in the very first theater (in Fort Worth) of the 86 The Transformers The Movie...it was an repetitive title but an epic thing in my world. Actually got to skip school that day because it was such a huge deal. It was also my very first unchaperoned movie. I was 8.
    Manthro wrote: »
    1986 FTW.

How that option isn't on this list makes me weep... Baa weep Graa Naa weep ninny Bon.

Till all are one sensei manthrou!
  • 1986, followed by MV1, DOTM 3rd
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Transformers: The Movie
    Bumblebee wrote: »
    Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost...

hths2qdhz02o.gif

aaaaaa nostalgia!!! you got the touch!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

hths2qdhz02o.gif

Haha. Yeah, I had that song in my head when I saw that gif.

This movie is tops of the Transformers movies.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581

hths2qdhz02o.gif

Sending love from Cybertron! :*

hths2qdhz02o.gif

Sending love from Cybertron! :*
    Sending love from moonbase one.. oh wait nvm rip
  • PrimeHackerPrimeHacker Posts: 134
    Transformers AOE
    WHAT THE!! Why do you "KITTENPRIME" ALWAYS have a problem with my posts? :(

well cant just put the michael bay movies there, theres other films lol we all know g1 was best ;)
  • Transformers The Game

well cant just put the michael bay movies there, theres other films lol we all know g1 was best ;)
    honestly it's a not that good of a movie, The only thing it has going for it is the Nostalgia. compared to mv1 and aoe the other movies have nothing going for them. so stop saying it's the best even though it clearly isn't.
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    honestly it's a not that good of a movie, The only thing it has going for it is the Nostalgia. compared to mv1 and aoe the other movies have nothing going for them. so stop saying it's the best even though it clearly isn't.

Actually, the 86 movie is fantastic and leaps above any of the Bay stuff. More talent was heard from Nimoy's voice acting alone than anything in the Bay movies and that's just Nimoy. Doesn't even include Orsen Wells, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack or Judd Nelson(Peter Cullen deliberately left out of example).

When kids went and saw the 86 movie in theaters, there was real emotion watching our favorite hero fall.

The soundtrack, despite being stuck in the 80's, is amazing.

Despite the original purpose of the movie, it holds up 30 years later.

MV1 was eye-candy and AoE is absurdly awful and trash.

Amen.
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited April 2018
    Like others have said, 86 is the one. It knew what it was, and didn't try to be anything else. The pumping 80s rock/metal soundtrack was inspired, and gave the film a rock opera feel that elevated it above the normal Saturday morning shenanigans of the G1 series.

None of the Bayformers movies are really what I'd call 'good', but there's a few fragments of merit to them. The Optimus/Megatron/Grindor fight in ROTF is legitimately superb, and one of the only action sequences in the movies that holds it own in a post-Marvel culture of big budget Hollywood spectacle.

I also always liked the idea in the first Bayformers movie of the autobots being beleaguered underdogs, outgunned almost every time by a militarily superior force of trained soldiers. Megatron was the 'harbinger of doom', and Optimus seemed all the braver for fighting him when it seemed like he'd almost certainly lose. This was, in fact, an idea from the first few episodes of the G1 series, but like the old series it was scrapped in favour of a more vanilla 'of course the good guys win' narrative.
  • Transformers The Game

Actually, the 86 movie is fantastic and leaps above any of the Bay stuff. More talent was heard from Nimoy's voice acting alone than anything in the Bay movies and that's just Nimoy. Doesn't even include Orsen Wells, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack or Judd Nelson(Peter Cullen deliberately left out of example).

When kids went and saw the 86 movie in theaters, there was real emotion watching our favorite hero fall.

Im not saying og is bad, it's just not better then mv1. from its sound design to it's amazing character models the voice acting is no joke either this movie. it's not something from the sci-fi movie either it has real jokes that many people can understand not just Transformer fans.
  • Transformers The Game

Aoe was not trash, bet you can't think of something wrong with it that isn't controversial.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Im not saying og is bad, it's just not better then mv1.
    If that were true, there'd be more Bayformers on here than G1/CW/BW. MV1 was better than the other Bayformers movies (yes, I clarified that so no one accuses me of saying it was better than the '86 movie!), but it just couldn't/can't compete with the original.

Not even counting Peter Cullen (who pretty much can do no wrong when you put him in front of a microphone!), the original also had Corey Burton and Frank Welker, the two of them playing 80% of all Decepticons, and two of the coolest good guys (Grown Up Spike and Brawn--not Wheelie, or teenage Spike--for the love of God!)!

AOE absolutely was trash, just not quite as trashy as TLK. And what does "controversial" have to do with anything? Doesn't controversial literally mean something people cannot agree on? You've just stated AoE wasn't trash, so that right there makes any response "controversial" coming from anyone who doesn't agree with you.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited April 2018

Aoe was not trash, bet you can't think of something wrong with it that isn't controversial.

The issue with aoe is the many controversies, from the poor remake of galvatron, the stereotypes portrayed by the actors, Micheal bay’s directing style in general, the list goes on. Granted some of the action in it is decent at best, but it has the budget to make it look good, and that alone doesn’t make up for the rest of the film.

If your looking for a good example of why so many dislike the live action movies, watch the old series and the movie, then watch the last knight. What they done to hot rod, the changes they made to him for no reason, and turning the dinobots into comedy pets, exemplifies everything that is wrong with the live action movies. Look at the ‘I want my crew’ bit, utter nonsense. And completely ignoring the fact that galvatron has somehow reverted back to Megatron with no explanation.

If the movies stuck to recreating original content, they would have got on so much better, instead of repeating the whole ‘world is against us for a different reason in every film’ script. A live action battle of autobot city would have been great to see

The issue with aoe is the many controversies, from the poor remake of galvatron, the stereotypes portrayed by the actors, Micheal bay’s directing style in general, the list goes on. Granted some of the action in it is decent at best, but it has the budget to make it look good, and that alone doesn’t make up for the rest of the film.

If your looking for a good example of why so many dislike the live action movies, watch the old series and the movie, then watch the last knight. What they done to hot rod, the changes they made to him for no reason, and turning the dinobots into comedy pets, exemplifies everything that is wrong with the live action movies. Look at the ‘I want my crew’ bit, utter nonsense. And completely ignoring the fact that galvatron has somehow reverted back to Megatron with no explanation.

If the movies stuck to recreating original content, they would have got on so much better, instead of repeating the whole ‘world is against us for a different reason in every film’ script. A live action battle of autobot city would have been great to see

couldn't agree more, the bay films have their good moments, like the forest battle, and other stuff. but the bads severely outweigh the goods. just a money grabber for michael bay
  • GreyfoxEXGreyfoxEX Posts: 40
    Transformers DOTM

I'm voting Dark of the Moon , though I like age of Extinction just as much,

But if we're being honest it really is a 1986 movie as others have said
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

Im not saying og is bad, it's just not better then mv1. from its sound design to it's amazing character models the voice acting is no joke either this movie. it's not something from the sci-fi movie either it has real jokes that many people can understand not just Transformer fans.

Movies have to be analyzed in their context. Of course the technology around now is going to be far better than what was around 32 years ago. But are the stories better??

People say it's nostalgia....for me that is part of it but Transformers today exists because of G1. When you see Superman, Wonder Woman, Spiderman, The Flash etc. in today's movies they look essentially the same as they did 50, 60 + years ago. Yet in the modern movies I see a lot of grey junk Transformers, not what I saw 33, 34 years ago. If classic works, you don't change classic.

I am sure there are people out there who bash the G1 era just because it is "old."

I happened to see The Last Knight on an overseas flight and I felt like I was watching a movie about Cade Yeager, not a Transformers movie.
  • Transformers The Game
    Im not saying og is bad, it's just not better then mv1.
    If that were true, there'd be more Bayformers on here than G1/CW/BW. MV1 was better than the other Bayformers movies (yes, I clarified that so no one accuses me of saying it was better than the '86 movie!), but it just couldn't/can't compete with the original.

Not even counting Peter Cullen (who pretty much can do no wrong when you put him in front of a microphone!), the original also had Corey Burton and Frank Welker, the two of them playing 80% of all Decepticons, and two of the coolest good guys (Grown Up Spike and Brawn--not Wheelie, or teenage Spike--for the love of God!)!

AOE absolutely was trash, just not quite as trashy as TLK. And what does "controversial" have to do with anything? Doesn't controversial literally mean something people cannot agree on? You've just stated AoE wasn't trash, so that right there makes any response "controversial" coming from anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Ok, You got me on my bad placement of sentences.
    But just voice acting can't compete with everything that is mv-1, from its wonderful soundtrack that ranges from beautifully choreographed background track to it.
    it's glorified sound design makes it 10 times better. But theres still more teenage songs that you can remember and sing to with good friends.

another thing it's got going for it, it's the acting every single acter is memorable and knows what part they take in the movie, and "actors are way harder two work with the than just voices".

Last is just the movie itself from the way it looks and its sound effects particles reflections vibrations it's not just CGI, its artwork.
    same goes for g1's animation. All of this together don't blow G1 out of the park but it's still advances above it. but then again all I see is the exact same case about G1 always being " the superior without a doubt."