Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

What Is The Best Transformers Movie?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Transformers The Game
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    honestly it's a not that good of a movie, The only thing it has going for it is the Nostalgia. compared to mv1 and aoe the other movies have nothing going for them. so stop saying it's the best even though it clearly isn't.

Actually, the 86 movie is fantastic and leaps above any of the Bay stuff. More talent was heard from Nimoy's voice acting alone than anything in the Bay movies and that's just Nimoy. Doesn't even include Orsen Wells, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack or Judd Nelson(Peter Cullen deliberately left out of example).

When kids went and saw the 86 movie in theaters, there was real emotion watching our favorite hero fall.

The soundtrack, despite being stuck in the 80's, is amazing.

Despite the original purpose of the movie, it holds up 30 years later.

MV1 was eye-candy and AoE is absurdly awful and trash.

Aoe was not trash, bet you can't think of something wrong with it that isn't controversial.

The issue with aoe is the many controversies, from the poor remake of galvatron, the stereotypes portrayed by the actors, Micheal bay’s directing style in general, the list goes on. Granted some of the action in it is decent at best, but it has the budget to make it look good, and that alone doesn’t make up for the rest of the film.

If your looking for a good example of why so many dislike the live action movies, watch the old series and the movie, then watch the last knight. What they done to hot rod, the changes they made to him for no reason, and turning the dinobots into comedy pets, exemplifies everything that is wrong with the live action movies. Look at the ‘I want my crew’ bit, utter nonsense. And completely ignoring the fact that galvatron has somehow reverted back to Megatron with no explanation.

If the movies stuck to recreating original content, they would have got on so much better, instead of repeating the whole ‘world is against us for a different reason in every film’ script. A live action battle of autobot city would have been great to see

sorry but I'm going to say.
    UHHH NOOOOOOO!!

what's wrong with, G1 enthusiasts is that they just want. G1 which is bad for both anti and Pro.
    having an actual live action movie Follow the steps of the animation is just bad for business. if you can't think of a good version of this movie than this movie will probably not exist as a "good version".

now let's talk about why you think aoe is bad. first of all it ruins your look on your favorite movie. from the "corruption" of your favorite characters designs. To it's seemingly lazy plot. that you wouldn't dare to look into "cuz you can't ruin your favorite movie".

Now let's talk about tlk........your right, let's move on.
  • Options
    Transformers The Game
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    honestly it's a not that good of a movie, The only thing it has going for it is the Nostalgia. compared to mv1 and aoe the other movies have nothing going for them. so stop saying it's the best even though it clearly isn't.

Actually, the 86 movie is fantastic and leaps above any of the Bay stuff. More talent was heard from Nimoy's voice acting alone than anything in the Bay movies and that's just Nimoy. Doesn't even include Orsen Wells, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack or Judd Nelson(Peter Cullen deliberately left out of example).

When kids went and saw the 86 movie in theaters, there was real emotion watching our favorite hero fall.

Im not saying og is bad, it's just not better then mv1. from its sound design to it's amazing character models the voice acting is no joke either this movie. it's not something from the sci-fi movie either it has real jokes that many people can understand not just Transformer fans.

Movies have to be analyzed in their context. Of course the technology around now is going to be far better than what was around 32 years ago. But are the stories better??

People say it's nostalgia....for me that is part of it but Transformers today exists because of G1. When you see Superman, Wonder Woman, Spiderman, The Flash etc. in today's movies they look essentially the same as they did 50, 60 + years ago. Yet in the modern movies I see a lot of grey junk Transformers, not what I saw 33, 34 years ago. If classic works, you don't change classic.

I am sure there are people out there who bash the G1 era just because it is "old."

I happened to see The Last Knight on an overseas flight and I felt like I was watching a movie about Cade Yeager, not a Transformers movie.
    for a movie to be "better" it needs to be, well of better quality which G1 is not. mv-1 was not made to have a revolutionary plot. Not a weakness or strong point.

okay that's super hero comparison and treats me, look at the D.C you see cast of Heroes that hasn't changed over the years because they weren't allowed to due to time
    Now look at Marvel, a company that had time to change and develop their characters including different costumes sometimes even different actors. there company is way more successful in live action.

And lastly tlk trash yes.
  • Options

Aoe was not trash, bet you can't think of something wrong with it that isn't controversial.

The issue with aoe is the many controversies, from the poor remake of galvatron, the stereotypes portrayed by the actors, Micheal bay’s directing style in general, the list goes on. Granted some of the action in it is decent at best, but it has the budget to make it look good, and that alone doesn’t make up for the rest of the film.

If your looking for a good example of why so many dislike the live action movies, watch the old series and the movie, then watch the last knight. What they done to hot rod, the changes they made to him for no reason, and turning the dinobots into comedy pets, exemplifies everything that is wrong with the live action movies. Look at the ‘I want my crew’ bit, utter nonsense. And completely ignoring the fact that galvatron has somehow reverted back to Megatron with no explanation.

If the movies stuck to recreating original content, they would have got on so much better, instead of repeating the whole ‘world is against us for a different reason in every film’ script. A live action battle of autobot city would have been great to see

UHHH NOOOOOOO!!

what's wrong with, G1 enthusiasts is that they just want. G1 which is bad for both anti and Pro.
    having an actual live action movie Follow the steps of the animation is just bad for business. if you can't think of a good version of this movie than this movie will probably not exist as a "good version".

now let's talk about why you think aoe is bad. first of all it ruins your look on your favorite movie. from the "corruption" of your favorite characters designs. To it's seemingly lazy plot. that you wouldn't dare to look into "cuz you can't ruin your favorite movie".

G1 enthusiasts don’t ‘just’ want g1, they would have accepted the bayverse bots if they even closely resembled the characters they were supposed to be portraying. The mere suggestion of RotF devastator settles that issue.

Secondly, they’re just plain not good films collectively, granted mv1 was ok. Just because it’s transformers doesn’t automatically make me like it, it still has to be actually decent to watch. It has nothing to do with ‘ruining my favourite movie’ as you put it, just I’m intelligent enough to know the difference between good and bad quality films and not to just jump on the bandwagon simply because of the franchise it’s based on. Star Wars is another great example of that. But I’ll keep this on topic. However I have other stuff to do than fill a forum with spam from old posts so have fun.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Transformers The Game
    The thing that most wrong with the current Bayverse films is the absurd amount of product placement and how prominent it is. When it becomes more about product placement than being just a damn good film, you already know you have serious problems.
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Transformers The Last Knight
    Never played the game never watched the g1 movie
  • Options
    Transformers The Game

UHHH NOOOOOOO!!

G1 enthusiasts don’t ‘just’ want g1, they would have accepted the bayverse bots if they even closely resembled the characters they were supposed to be portraying. The mere suggestion of RotF devastator settles that issue.

Secondly, they’re just plain not good films collectively, granted mv1 was ok. Just because it’s transformers doesn’t automatically make me like it, it still has to be actually decent to watch. It has nothing to do with ‘ruining my favourite movie’ as you put it, just I’m intelligent enough to know the difference between good and bad quality films and not to just jump on the bandwagon simply because of the franchise it’s based on. Star Wars is another great example of that. But I’ll keep this on topic. However I have other stuff to do than fill a forum with spam from old posts so have fun.

Nice brain