Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

v6.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    I do like the grouping of rewards since it lets a bigger bulk receive a reward and that's good for kabam who is the actual victor in this, and not the alliances. and also because it's far healthier for a society than being mindless bloodthirsty gladiators.

what i don't understand is the lack of t4b sparks and t3a. you just give more t3c shards to alliances who are already swimming in t3c. what ever shall we do with it? even if we run rotk its just a one time thing, so still just sitting in place.
    p.s. can we sell t3b and t2a for the next tier? they're already expiring and now we will get even more of those things.
  • Options
    D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    edited May 2018
    Rank1 in AM is almost impossible to get cause to be honest Forge has most of the best players and some spenders in the game.
    So even if you guys push,you will never catch them up or you will get broke.You can get broke,lose all dedicated players and never catch them.
    Be reasonable.They are also adapted to their d.level.
    And how an even better rank1 and separate rewards for rank2, rank3 will create more competition when we are the same guys in these top 3-4 Alliances for months?

We in Omega have some of the best players in game and unless we spend and burn out some of our players,even our chances at Rank1 are very low.
    So,rank grouping is not ideal for the best teams,but for the slightly weaker Alliances.Who can now push and get better rewards in AM alongside the top ones.

Rewards for top3 are almost on par with Master now and I like how Kabam thinks about all Alliances in the game.
    Fact is that now some Alliances in the top 10 and 20 can push slighly higher and get much better rewards.
    And the top 5-7 Alliances can just do the same,but get good rewards for their efforts.
    Only tier4 basic is missing as a reward which means this will be the wall for a while and this will allow many even newer players to catch up.
    I like this.
    Thanks for the efforts Kabam.
  • Options
    to sum things up, you give us the rewards we wanted 3-4 months ago. never in sync.
  • Options
    D3v1L wrote: »
    Rank1 in AM is almost impossible to get cause to be honest Forge has most of the best players and some spenders in the game.
    So even if you guys push,you will never catch them up or you will get broke.You can get broke,lose all dedicated players and never catch them.
    Be reasonable.They are also adapted to their d.level.
    And how an even better rank1 and separate rewards for rank2, rank3 will create more competition when we are the same guys in these top 3-4 Alliances for months?

We in Omega have some of the best players in game and unless we spend and burn out some of our players,even our chances at Rank1 are very low.
    So,rank grouping is not ideal for the best teams,but for the slightly weaker Alliances.Who can now push and get better rewards in AM alongside the top ones.

Rewards for top3 are almost on par with Master now and I like how Kabam thinks about all Alliances in the game.
    Fact is that now some Alliances in the top 10 and 20 can push slighly higher and get much better rewards.
    And the top 5-7 Alliances can just do the same,but get good rewards for their efforts.
    Only tier4 basic is missing as a reward which means this will be the wall for a while and this will allow many even newer players to catch up.
    I like this.
    Thanks for the efforts Kabam.

its fine this only means the competition is now for third place and other similar borders instead. same cow with a new shirt
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    But much better rewards for doing the same old thing every day.:)
    Ten times better rewards for everyone outside the top3.
    And you know better my friend what makes the people in an Alliance stay and play together.
    It is not only about the rewards,cause we got through bad rewards for months.
    It is the people that makes an Alliance.To have fun chatting with most of them.lol and just enjoy playing.:)
    Love you all and cheers to all my other friends from the past and present,especially to Jay.
    Have fun and be happy guys.
  • Options
    CoolAsiceCoolAsice Posts: 29
    I think rank1 will remain the same but 2&3 will be on their heels cos that's where competition will be more significant cos 4-6 can catch up to them
  • Options
    awwww <3
  • Options
    on another subject, can we start working on enlarging the alliances? too many friends are left out without space...
  • Options
    Momo2008Momo2008 Posts: 92
    Or all Alliances can just do same D Levels in AM and give Kabam a nightmare figuring out who is 1st place and last! Let’s all do D 30 lol have at it !
  • Options
    Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    edited May 2018
    I don't buy there's no competition for 1st. Other alliances were not putting the effort because the rewards were bad. I'm sure most of the top alliances play in the D50+ range so the gap is small for 1st. Add some T4b essences to the top 3 & you will see different alliance's getting 1st.
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Moreover, all this coming from @Sabugen and @D3v1L is hilarious as they are float between rank 2 or 3. The reason why forge is #1 is simply they are the best of the best and to penalize that because 'theres no hope for anyone to catch up on them' is a ridiculous reason to lump all top 3 prizes into one. It's called a competition, not a pat on the back with a 'eh, you did good pig'.

If you can't win rank 1, get better.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    They may add tier4b soon Jay.
    It is just a matter of time.You guys keep asking and it will eventually happen.
    I want t4b as well,larger quantities than the 1500 we get from Master Spotlight.

As of Rank1-3:
    You guys are far ahead.And not sure how you guys are holding as a whole,but most Alliances are not ready to push for top 3.Not all members for sure.
    Cause they are not adapted to the d.level and have to spend a lot to finish.
    Top 10-20 are not in the 40s i think,never were.
    A few weeks back even top3 were low 40s.
    So most Alliances were/are far back.
    So I also hope we see the top 5-20 Alliances push for higher d.levels and we get more competition across the board.

P.S. Concerning your matter that1guy...
    It was never about the rewards for our Alliance,never was never will be.
    You have to be part of Omega to know what it is.
    I am up for separate Rank1-3 rewards,I can even go help our sister Ally.Never was about the rewards since i joined Omega.
    These guys changed me for good.:)
    I just support Kabam as well when I feel so,that's it.Well,only when they buff rewards.lol
    Just take what it is,it is a huge increase and be grateful.I am.It just makes your life easier.
  • Options
    BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    that1guy wrote: »
    Moreover, all this coming from @Sabugen and @D3v1L is hilarious as they are float between rank 2 or 3. The reason why forge is #1 is simply they are the best of the best and to penalize that because 'theres no hope for anyone to catch up on them' is a ridiculous reason to lump all top 3 prizes into one. It's called a competition, not a pat on the back with a 'eh, you did good pig'.

If you can't win rank 1, get better.

Go retire or come get it
  • Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited May 2018
    Hogz3 wrote: »
    What's the point of competition if you're just gonna group ranks together? It's basically you guys handing out participation tropies and pissing away peoples efforts to push higher levels and to get better as an alliance.

While we understand why this might upset Alliances in first place, this was a measure we had to take because of the disparity of points between 1st place and 2nd place. At this time, there is simply no competition for 1st Place, while the competition for 2-10 is very close.

This change is to promote more healthy competition, and not to quell it. It’s to prevent a situation where there is no way that other alliances can ever catch up.

@Kabam Miike if this were really the case, then why is there not a huge disparity in roster strength between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place alliances? These guys all have the rosters to be able to compete, yet they aren't. This isn't a case of being behind in roster, so what does rewards have to do with it??

Plain and simple, the 2nd-3rd place alliances either don't have the motivation, skill, money, whatever it is to compete for 1st. It clearly has nothing to do with roster strength, because everyone had the same roster strength since November and these guys haven't been doing the levels that OVP / Force / etc were doing.

Either way, it is a slap in the face to everyone's efforts to climb on top of the hill. Participation trophy doesn't even begin to explain it... you have guys from the 2nd - 3rd alliances in this thread complaining about how dumb it is.

Let me put it this way, if I installed this game for the first time today and saw this garbage I would turn around and uninstall. This is an abomination to competition and ruins the purpose of the game's only competitive mode.
  • Options
    I think what this means is that kabam is taking its head out of the 1-3 top alliances' arse, and paying some attention to the other players in the game who have been ignored in rank rewards for a straight year.
  • Options
    TronncorpTronncorp Posts: 13
    When will 4 star mod resources be available/updated?
  • Options
    BacteriumBacterium Posts: 22
    Tekkn1kal’s right, and not just because I’m in Førge. It doesn’t seem fair to put in the effort we do to come first only to be giving the same rewards as those who are skilled as well( Omega, Spark), but don’t keep up. Some of you may disagree, but before you do, put yourself in our shoes. Imagine doing all those higher difficulties every single week. Only to be given the exact same stuff that the alliances who did less got.

It ain’t right, but what’s my say, people will probably just think I’m being proud or selfish anyway.
  • Options
    BacteriumBacterium Posts: 22
    Tronncorp wrote: »
    When will 4 star mod resources be available/updated?

Lolol wrong thread g
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Sabugen wrote: »
    I think what this means is that kabam is taking its head out of the 1-3 top alliances' arse, and paying some attention to the other players in the game who have been ignored in rank rewards for a straight year.

I (and many others) argued for everyone to get better rewards for ages. Don't turn that crap around on top alliances now. They can help out the alliances that are further behind without punching the top alliances in the gut.

Further, this has little to do with 2-3rd and really everything to do with 1st.

Bottom line... taking the competition away does not promote healthy competition, it removes competition. Thus my comment before... if today was my first day playing the game, I would RUN from this game if I saw this. I wouldn't personally mind if they smoothed out the rewards so there was less of a disparity to the top alliances, it is simply the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset that sucks every bit of fun out of the game.
  • Options
    well run if you must, there is no competition to ruin. not for omega anyway. we aren't competing as we don't give a rats arse about it. most if not all of us just play for the little challenge and entertainment this game gives, and to hang out with our friends on line chat. we already played above 60 and headed back since nobody wants to use a single item of stress about this stuff. so maybe you guys are first because forge is the only alliance competing? with itself mostly? i dunno, just a guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So I guess what you're saying is, they don't have any competition to ruin because they already broke that months ago? And instead of pushing for them to rejuvenate that competition, you've given up on that entirely and are happy with them just going further in the opposite direction?

Just making sure we're on the same page.

And to be blunt, Forged is driving in a school zone right now and has been for months and you know it. No point in acting like Forged is going balls to the wall burning up items because most of the community knows that isn't the case.
  • Options
    No we are not on the same page. I am not saying its fine cuz KABAM broke competition.
    I am saying we broke competition because we don't care to compete. competition is of no interest to us. to be first is not a goal that can motivate us to make an effort. it's quite empty.
    Am I clear yet?

We are all very casual players who can't be bothered with nothing but simple entertainment.
  • Options
    You might want to go talk to your alliance mates about that, because I think you must have scrolled past their messages in this very thread where they expressed disappointment that Kabam didn't decide to make 1st worth going after. They appear to be dying for a reason to compete.
  • Options
    they might, but my best guess is that the reason won't hold for more than a very brief period and then they'll decide it's not worth their time or effort.
    please refer to devil's post for further clarification.
  • Options
    KaozKaoz Posts: 3
    Hogz3 wrote: »
    What's the point of competition if you're just gonna group ranks together? It's basically you guys handing out participation tropies and pissing away peoples efforts to push higher levels and to get better as an alliance.

While we understand why this might upset Alliances in first place, this was a measure we had to take because of the disparity of points between 1st place and 2nd place. At this time, there is simply no competition for 1st Place, while the competition for 2-10 is very close.

This change is to promote more healthy competition, and not to quell it. It’s to prevent a situation where there is no way that other alliances can ever catch up.

How would this promote healthy competition? All you need is 3 bots for AM, and i'm sure majority of the top10 alliance have had 2 - 3 max forged R5 4* in their roster for months. If they didn't bother to push before, why would they do so now? Why would anyone push harder now when you can get the same rewards as rank 1 while doing less?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I’m dying for a reason to compete..put the good stuff in there @Kabam Miike for 1st

Just a taste nothing crazy..just a taste is fine for now
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Having been around this long enough and in most of the top alliances at some point I don’t understand why everyone is upset about the so-called competition. This game is mostly pay to win which inherently limits competition. Sure there are skilled players but anyone with a wallet that is average can keep up.

Most of the system is broken. Someone can stay on top or simply move up a rank just by running a higher difficulty despite whether they complete 100%. That right there is a broken system. Yeah grouping 1-3 sucks but Kabam needs to keep people playing and spending elsewhere. Now the competition just moves to the fringes. Even with updated rewards nobody is going to try to get to first at ridiculous levels because we’re still playing the same old game on Map 3 with the same bosses and now a slightly harder spotlight.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Just tossing it out there, what if they implemented a system where you lost points or multipliers for every item used by members during AM?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Just tossing it out there, what if they implemented a system where you lost points or multipliers for every item used by members during AM?

It wouldn't make a difference man most the guys don't use items in the top 5. At least we don't and I am pretty sure the guys in Forge don't either.
  • Options
    TKOTKO Posts: 246
    edited May 2018
    Kabam! We're not gonna take it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZVzrFDwH8