Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bracket merger w/o expanding rewards range = FAIL

As the title says, merging the brackets and still offering the same paltry rewards is a failure of epic proportions. Seriously. What genius thought that was fair and reasonable to your new player base? Your stingyness has no limits.

Comments

• KinsonKinson Posts: 20
    The old beta bracket gave only 1 person the top prize. What you have now is expanded. The beta player pool was not very big.
  • The game is new and the Bot pool is very shallow still. Expect strangleholds at every turn on progression/expanding your roster. This game doesn't even give you bot crystal shards on dupes, that should tell you a lot.

If you're comparing to MCOC's current reward system don't, that game is over 2 years old, things become laxer and laxer as time goes on because the amount of content to acquire is staggering to a new player so they make it easier(to an extent).
  • The rewards in the new player bracket did not change while the amount of players competing increased by merging the two. Beta players are undoubtedly at an advantage having had more time to develop their bots. The end result is more beta players getting top prize and less new players having any hope. It heavily favors the beta players.
  • 1Pharaoh1Pharaoh Posts: 36
    There wasn't that many players in the non beta bracket competing in arena. Other than ranks 1-5 it didn't take many points to rank high. Same for 3* arena. There wasn't any competition. Now there is. No more participation trophies being given out.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    There has already been multiple threads on this and some still exist and most closed because mike already stated that beta and new brackets put up same numbers so some new players were already caught up to beta players, with that being said means any new player can be competitive if they so choose but if you don't spend money to increase your bots or energon for refills don't expect everyone wins rewards. So just because you haven't caught up to beta players doesn't mean others have not
  • The amount of top rewards available at this time are indicative of a smaller player base. The original Launch Brackets were created with our Beta Players already in mind, but gave new players a chance to win some new Bots while Beta Players were still not able to compete with them.

We didn't add the Beta players in with the regular players until we felt that our new players were given the chance to catch up. We had carefully controlled the progress of our Beta Players, so we were confident that this was the correct time to add them to the pool.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 29
    You might have given new players time to catch up ? Couple weeks seriously. Maybe like 2% of new players. What about the rest of us. And now away missions . I like this game please don't run it in the ground by pissing everyone that doesn't want to pay to play off. Please
    Money keeps their lights on just because you can't get a feature bot doesn't mean you can't progress your account. These games take a lot of time or money invested to be at the top, otherwise you can progress at your own pace nothing says you have to do xxx amount of arena runs or this or that
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 29
    I know level I made level 30 in 3 weeks level 57 in coc . Know all about it
  • MadducksMadducks Posts: 9
    While I respect and appreciate the response we received from Kabam Miike, unfortunately, the community didn't necessarily reciprocate the opinion that this was the right time to bring in the beta players, nor do most folks agree that there was adequate time to catch up.

As a rather well-connected player to the community (i.e. I read the forums, Reddit, YouTube, Discord, and LINE community sentiment daily), I think it's important for the folks over at Kabam to know that there is a bit of a disconnect in terms of perceived "readiness". Many of the beta folks also agreed (even though they're the beneficiaries of the early merger) that it was unfortunate that non-beta folks did not have adequate time to catch up and this early merger put them at a disadvantage.

What is done is done, but forums are intended to be a place to stimulate feedback; the good, bad, and indifferent. I know I certainly can't speak for everyone's opinion, but the majority stance (including many top players - both beta and non-beta) felt it was premature. Take that for what it's worth.

Thanks for your continued updates to the game, actively responding to forum posts, and listening to the community sentiment. Although we may not agree one everything, we appreciate what you do!
  • swaggersswaggers Posts: 4
    The amount of top rewards available at this time are indicative of a smaller player base. The original Launch Brackets were created with our Beta Players already in mind, but gave new players a chance to win some new Bots while Beta Players were still not able to compete with them.

We didn't add the Beta players in with the regular players until we felt that our new players were given the chance to catch up. We had carefully controlled the progress of our Beta Players, so we were confident that this was the correct time to add them to the pool.

You guys are constantly saying that the Beta players are not that big of an effect. All you have to do is say how many Beta vs Non-Beta players received the featured bot. Easy peazy.

• swaggers wrote: »
    The amount of top rewards available at this time are indicative of a smaller player base. The original Launch Brackets were created with our Beta Players already in mind, but gave new players a chance to win some new Bots while Beta Players were still not able to compete with them.

You guys are constantly saying that the Beta players are not that big of an effect. All you have to do is say how many Beta vs Non-Beta players received the featured bot. Easy peazy.

That's a violation of privacy. We are not going to discuss anybody's account with anybody else. If players themselves would like to do this, they can, but we will not.

And demanding anything for appeasement is not going to work. We will not abide childish and immature demands.
    A non beta player did get a feature 4* and well I'm quite sure plenty got 3* as well
  • That being said! This reward bracket is subject to expand as more players join the game. Right now, it's tuned to be in line with the amount of players that we have. As our player base grows, we'll be adding more players to the winner's bracket.
  • XiravXirav Posts: 14
    Mike -

When did you get so dismissive of real complaints? I've always tried to take your side on the MCOC forums.. even when you said that 30 minute timers were bad for players.. i defended you to my alliance translating your terribly communicated point into one that made some sense.

I've spent 200 dollars in this game.. wasn't a beta player... and and still significantly behind them with no real prospects of catching up. This isn't a childish complaint.
  • Xirav wrote: »
    Mike -

When did you get so dismissive of real complaints? I've always tried to take your side on the MCOC forums.. even when you said that 30 minute timers were bad for players.. i defended you to my alliance translating your terribly communicated point into one that made some sense.

I've spent 200 dollars in this game.. wasn't a beta player... and and still significantly behind them with no real prospects of catching up. This isn't a childish complaint.

The complaint is not, although I do believe a little premature. Asking that we reveal the numbers of how many players were Beta and Not in the new arena is. Blaming Beta Players for not being able to achieve something is not fair to anybody. It is completely possible for somebody that started at the Global Launch to catch up and win in the Arenas right now, and has already happened multiple times.
  • XiravXirav Posts: 14
    I mean we can argue all day over if a complaint is childish. I think that its perfectly reasonable for you to not want to disclose the numbers of players in the arenas.. but I also think its a legitimate (not childish) request that players are curious about.

Of course "anything is possible" If a non beta player wants to spend units and grind endlessly of course they can win a top prize. This doesnt negate the fact that they are most likely starting at a disadvantage.

To win a top prize (only 5 available? lol) you are grinding endlessly and spending. Do you think the person who has a 4/40 has an advantage on their grind? Is the person with a 4/40 more likely to be a beta player?
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Xirav wrote: »
    I mean we can argue all day over if a complaint is childish. I think that its perfectly reasonable for you to not want to disclose the numbers of players in the arenas.. but I also think its a legitimate (not childish) request that players are curious about.

Of course "anything is possible" If a non beta player wants to spend units and grind endlessly of course they can win a top prize. This doesnt negate the fact that they are most likely starting at a disadvantage.

To win a top prize (only 5 available? lol) you are grinding endlessly and spending. Do you think the person who has a 4/40 has an advantage on their grind? Is the person with a 4/40 more likely to be a beta player?

2 non beta players finished first and second in the last 4* arena

What you mean 2 non beta players... YES 2 NON BETA PLAYERS GOT THE FEATURED BOT. NON BETA
  • swaggersswaggers Posts: 4
    swaggers wrote: »

That's a violation of privacy. We are not going to discuss anybody's account with anybody else. If players themselves would like to do this, they can, but we will not.

And demanding anything for appeasement is not going to work. We will not abide childish and immature demands.

How is it a violation of anyone's privacy to say 20 Beta people got the featured and 30 non-beta did?

Or maybe beta players are a bit more hardcore and willing to sacrifice first borns sleep and energon to get the bot? This argument is ridiculous and will remain to be ridiculous because it will turn to beta players no longer focus it will be I don't spend money it's not fair waaaaaah, every beta player used energon for feature every player grinded for bot if you didn't your loss
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    I'm a non-beta and got 2-Stars Wasp yesterday from Arena, 244th place. You mad?
  • Xirav wrote: »
    Mike -

200 dollars is not as much as some players who spent in beta. It's common sense you need to spend more than them to catch up if you joined the game late. You can have a chat with those 2 Chinese post beta players who ranked 1st and 2nd in 4* arena (waspinator) to have an idea how much they spent to catch up.
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    Xirav wrote: »
    Mike -

He has been dismissive of every complaint and issue brought up about this game's suspect development process. It's put me off of spending a single cent more on this game to say the least.
    Greenie_81 wrote: »
    200 dollars is not as much as some players who spent in beta. It's common sense you need to spend more than them to catch up if you joined the game late. You can have a chat with those 2 Chinese post beta players who ranked 1st and 2nd in 4* arena (waspinator) to have an idea how much they spent to catch up.

Hold up a second there dawg. Read what you just read for a moment.

"It's common sense you need to spend more than them to catch up"
    In what world is this common sense? What kind of game should be designed around trying to force players to constantly shell out obscene amounts of money or otherwise locking them into some kind of zero progress purgatory? How broken does the player base have to be to not see anything wrong with that.

This game not only hides the full contents of its rolls, it also hides it rates which is suspicious as all get-out. The devs have already admitted to intentionally planning a desert of content for half a year so the only people capable of getting anything new are the whales, especially with the recent and announced permanent removal of the low level arena.

I just don't get how anyone can defend that when games like Fire Emblem Heroes have been steadily updating since their release, are openly transparent about not only the contents of their gacha but their rates as well and have updated major gameplay and quality of life features in the two months since its release as well as a constant stream of new characters. There's even an amazing banner right now with higher rates than ever and I am going to spend money on it out of spite for this game's poor design choices.
    Why does not getting a feature bot slow your progress? I don't have motor master and played since beta guess I might as well quit
  • KinsonKinson Posts: 20
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Why does not getting a feature bot slow your progress? I don't have motor master and played since beta guess I might as well quit

I still don't even have 3* IH. Maybe I'll quit as well!
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Kinson wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »

I still don't even have 3* IH. Maybe I'll quit as well!

Don't forget Barricade and Bonecrusher.

• Hold up a second there dawg. Read what you just read for a moment.

"It's common sense you need to spend more than them to catch up"
    In what world is this common sense? What kind of game should be designed around trying to force players to constantly shell out obscene amounts of money or otherwise locking them into some kind of zero progress purgatory? How broken does the player base have to be to not see anything wrong with that.

This game not only hides the full contents of its rolls, it also hides it rates which is suspicious as all get-out. The devs have already admitted to intentionally planning a desert of content for half a year so the only people capable of getting anything new are the whales, especially with the recent and announced permanent removal of the low level arena.

I just don't get how anyone can defend that when games like Fire Emblem Heroes have been steadily updating since their release, are openly transparent about not only the contents of their gacha but their rates as well and have updated major gameplay and quality of life features in the two months since its release as well as a constant stream of new characters. There's even an amazing banner right now with higher rates than ever and I am going to spend money on it out of spite for this game's poor design choices.[/quote]

Forgive me stirring your already boiling pot, but a few points I notice about your comments as well.

In what world is that not common sense? Maybe how you read the post is the issue, not the post itself.
    I read it as, If beta players chose to spend X amount of money, you; based on chance of course, should need roughly the same amount of money spent to accomplish same goals.
    Playtime factors in here as well, so in essence, starting later than a beta player would cause a person to need to spend "more" to catch up, again based on chance of what you happen to pull.

Which brings me to my next point, why compare two different companies policies on how they choose to relay their intellectual property? If fire emblem's company chooses to make their information translucent, that is their choice as a company, this is just Kabam's chosen policy.

Neither are wrong, one is just more your taste.

Now why I really came here; and this is an honest statement, I spend large amounts of money on games, and I agree, I think 200 dollars is a large investment into a mobile game, but that is my choice, as it is yours.

The question I have for anyone that cares, is do your really think this entitles you to some extra stake in the company, or your gaming needs?

They (any game company) have put it out there easy to see; you spend 20 bucks, you get this digital item, it gives random reward, you get pissed that its not what you want, so you spend more.

I cannot for one see the problem in this business logic, definitely see the problem in the thought process of the buyer however. Myself included.

tl:dr....Sorry...my bad? Feel this strayed off original topic anyway.