Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Overheating till Crash Still

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    The latest update didn't fix all the stupid lags and overheating
  • Daveh911Daveh911 Posts: 29
    Not your phone, it’s the game, been happening since beta & doesn’t get better. Eventually we’ll all quit once the overheating starts damaging our phones, warping our batteries, causes someone to sustain a nasty burn or something
  • ApollyonApollyon Posts: 11
    mine overheats and crash too when playing arena. iphone 7 plus 128gb, ios10.3.1 no jailbreak. i notice sometime taking off the phone case helps too, in my case at least...
  • 2x4o4y7n2nvv.png

This game is a battery drain please fix
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Daveh911 wrote: »
    Not your phone, it’s the game, been happening since beta & doesn’t get better. Eventually we’ll all quit once the overheating starts damaging our phones, warping our batteries, causes someone to sustain a nasty burn or something

I'm 99% this game has fried, now my 2nd, phone.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Apollyon wrote: »
    mine overheats and crash too when playing arena. iphone 7 plus 128gb, ios10.3.1 no jailbreak. i notice sometime taking off the phone case helps too, in my case at least...

I got that same phone specs but on the latest iOS. I never experience a crash but my game is 90% lagging and in slow motion and heats up my phone to the point where its hard to hold the phone. Ive been complaining about this forever and so has lots of others. Im actually auto fighting in slow motion as I write this.

Kabam either can't fix this issue or they just don't want to. Its been way too long that this issue has been persisting. It amazes me this game is still alive with all these issues.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I've switched to an Android phone now - Huawei P20 pro. No issues, other than a few visual glitches. Did 15 raids in a row no problem and the battery will last me a full day of play. Graphics are terrible but it's a worthwhile sacrifice. It plays a bit different with a split second delay (cant evade mid combo if blocking) but it's worth it
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    this is so triggering i cant join a sp mission bc i would crash every time... also when was the last time the mods actually followed up on what they said @moderator
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I've switched to an Android phone now - Huawei P20 pro. No issues, other than a few visual glitches. Did 15 raids in a row no problem and the battery will last me a full day of play. Graphics are terrible but it's a worthwhile sacrifice. It plays a bit different with a split second delay (cant evade mid combo if blocking) but it's worth it

How’d you do the switch over? Mine seems like it’s tied to my Game Center account and won’t let me login with my Kabam account.
    Darm0k wrote: »

How’d you do the switch over? Mine seems like it’s tied to my Game Center account and won’t let me login with my Kabam account.

I just log in with my Kabam ID - first thing I did was made sure my account was logged under a kabam ID
    I just log in with my Kabam ID - first thing I did was made sure my account was logged under a kabam ID

Ahh, okay I see. Thanks. I was pretty sure I first logged in with my Kabam ID when I started. However, I’m not sure when it switched over to Game Center. I guess I may be stuck on iOS for now as I don’t want to mess up my account.
    Darm0k wrote: »

Ahh, okay I see. Thanks. I was pretty sure I first logged in with my Kabam ID when I started. However, I’m not sure when it switched over to Game Center. I guess I may be stuck on iOS for now as I don’t want to mess up my account.

You could just try signing in on another device with your Kabam ID - if it works then great, if not you still have it on your phone. It wont mess anything up.
    You could just try signing in on another device with your Kabam ID - if it works then great, if not you still have it on your phone. It wont mess anything up.

Okay, will try that..... one day when I'm brave enough.
  • It’s time for answers kabam.

Why can’t you fix the overheating issue? Can’t you see it’s driving players away? We can barely play the game yet we have little to no response on the issue.

It’s causing lag in game which is unbearable in a game that requires quick hands, yet the screen doesn’t respond due to the lag. Have any of you ate a special due to this, which in higher end fights means death, and have the kabam team/mods experienced the overheating themselves?

I certainly won’t be playing along with getting revives because of this issue, would rather drop the game than succumb to problems which aren’t caused by our devices. Don’t want to quit as I do enjoy the game (when it’s working fine), as do we all, but it’s been going on for too long now.

Look at the response mcoc (gasp, the unspoken abbreviation) got when they complained, you didn’t say it was their devices. Yet it was at least acknowledged and a plan was put in place. Beta tests and such. Why can’t we get the same?

If the devices aren’t supported, then tell us. Clearly from this thread and others lesser graphics seems to work well, could we at least run a beta to see if adjustable graphics could be a solution? It shouldn’t be the community that has to provide the solution, but there it is.

Kabam will lose money if players leave, can’t you see the lack of a proper response is giving them more reason to do so? I for one would rather spend any money on Energon deals than having to keep it next to a fan or in the fridge just to play it, Please just fix it already so we can actually enjoy the game.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    they should just make this thread a sticky. lol

also if they aren't going to address the lag..at least give me a starstream. if the game wont respond to my swipe to dash at least I can null ray the bot to death.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    My advice to all iPhone users is to report the problem to iTunes support. Make it clear that you have tried to get the game developer to address the issue and that you either get ignorned or told the phone is the issue. Apple doesn't like it when app developers blame them when the problem is clearly in the game. Then go write a 1 star review and explain the issue. Make it a big enough deal and they will be forced to respond.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited August 2018
    Tons of crashing again since the last update. I started screen recording how badly this game performs, too. I’m going to upload them because I don’t think the mods here actually appreciate how poorly this game runs.

I think I’ve complained about this too much. They’ve disabled threads getting bumped when I reply. Hahah
    edited August 2018
    WarCat wrote: »
    My advice to all iPhone users is to report the problem to iTunes support. Make it clear that you have tried to get the game developer to address the issue and that you either get ignorned or told the phone is the issue. Apple doesn't like it when app developers blame them when the problem is clearly in the game. Then go write a 1 star review and explain the issue. Make it a big enough deal and they will be forced to respond.

careful mate - I got a warning and also labelled as "childish" for suggesting people do this.
    WarCat wrote: »

careful mate - I got a warning and also labelled as "childish" for suggesting people do this.

Wow. Really?

It seems like they really don’t want people discussing this.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Let them warn me and call me names. I’ll just take screenshots and forward them to Apple.

edited August 2018
    Whatever you guys did to this update from last week has made the game so, so much worse... which is actually an amazing achievement in of itself.

It’s almost comical how poorly it’s running and how unstable it is.

• When is the next stability & bug fix update im having bad visuals bugs stuff is missing all threw out the game

iPhone 7+ running on the latest software
  • Please Fix

8j9ifuj1w0ts.png
    xula00ng9xmi.png
    di8kf94emgri.png
    vrvqceluxrt2.png
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited August 2018
    The tech is out there(other games with higher 3d rendering demand and textures, and never overheat) , claiming no timeline just means they have other priority than fix overheat/lag, due to whatever reason(short staffed, cost efficient, cant redo game engine or another project)

Read between the corporate jargon lines, the game will be like this and will be milked until it dies.

And I sincerely appreciate what mods do here trying best to explain to us and i can tell they agree with us but have to put up with their job roles.

Was in a top10 alliance, half players quit/inactivity in recent weeks

Inb4 “closed due to another similar thread” Gotta impress the boss
  • CarverCarver Posts: 82
    Everyone on this thread. You can stop now, its been almost a month. The kabam moderators dont care enough to reply cuz they’re and i quote, “tired of repeating the same thing”, too bad they’re not tired of seeing the same problem and doing nothing about it.
  • I wish Kabam was quick about fixing the game as they are about nerfing wheeljack
    edited August 2018
    I advise everyone to just start screen recording how poorly the game runs. Put them up in YouTube. Bring attention to the issues on a platform that is outside of this forum.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    iuJacob wrote: »
    I advise everyone to just start screen recording how poorly the game runs. Put them up in YouTube. Bring attention to the issues on a platform that is outside of this forum.

Username3.14+ brought up some possible insights to the issue. If those assumptions are correct, our only option is to report this to google/apple. those videos will help as supporting documentation.
    Voltron wrote: »
    iuJacob wrote: »

Username3.14+ brought up some possible insights to the issue. If those assumptions are correct, our only option is to report this to google/apple. those videos will help as supporting documentation.

Agreed
  • Probably also waiting on the reception of the bumblebee movie to gauge for fix or let it die. that is the smart business move.