Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Energy per node reduction on Spotlights

0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
In the interest of keeping your player base happy by not causing them to lose thier jobs due to having to play 24 hours a day, or go broke from buying batteries, what are the chances we might get a little relief on the energy requirement of spotlight missions?

With the addition of Master, it now requires ALOT more energy to complete the spotlight, and it either causes major time constraints waiting for energy to replenish, or costs a massive amount of energon to use batteries.... or BOTH.

How about just AT LEAST lowering the Hard spotlight requirement to 2 energy per node? That would offset SOME of the increase caused by the addition of the 3 per node requirement of Master, which I believe equates to around 1500 energy.

Thanks

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Easy one energy, medium and hard two energy and Expert and mAster three energy

And With many people getting r3 5* and conquering Master spotlight, Kabam is likely to introduce Legendary missions in future .
    Easy and Medium one energy, Hard and expert two energy, master and legendary three energy.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Basically you have to buy energy refills if you are running out of time now
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Well there was a "post of the year" asking this and has received 2-digits "agrees" but still nothing.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Actually I was about to make a thread about that but you did the first step before me.
    Let me explain :
    Basically ( at the current state of the game ) you CAN'T explore the full 5 difficulties at 100% UNLESS you spend a lot of energon ( by a lot, I mean, at least 700-800 energon = 20 refill +- )

And this is towards the people like me ( grown up who have families, still at high school, work, social life, you know the things that this game is almost telling us to give up on to ) those kind of people can't keep up the pace. I'm level 48 and I do AT LEAST 2 full energy run per day and if you do the math, at my level its roughly 6 hours to refill my energy at max ( And just so you know, it's not enough, by the time I write this, I still have Easy and medium to finish, and spend at least 20 refill through out the month )
    So, I wake up, do my full energy run, wait 6 hours, do again my full energy run, wait again 6 hours. But this is the ideal life. You can't basically do that because, I mean we have a real life, don't we ? We can't jump exactly at the end of those 6 hours to do a full energy run that can cost us from 5 min ( lower difficulties ) to 15-30 min ( master, etc ) ? There is in bewteen real life moments that can sometimes holds us from jumping to this game at the exact moment we want to ( or the game want to )

And we are still on vacation ( for myself at least ) so when the school will come back, I'll be on the same situation as like 80% of the people here who have a job. We can't play this game at the time IT dictate us. It's a game, not a chore. And actually, we are already doing this with AM. We shouldn't have to do this on a second part of the game.

What i'm trying to say here, is that, the full exploration of the 5 difficulties takes too much time. We can't afford to play this game this much just to get the full rewards ?
    I already know what some people will say : " If you can't afford to explore everything, then do it at your pace, you'll miss some rewards but you'll eventually get them after, etc etc "
    To those people, this answer can't fit anymore. With the introduction of the relics tickets, you NEED to do all the exploration of the different difficulties, to get those juicy relics that you couldn't get earlier because, well you wasn't in the game at this time ? Those rewards are actually the only one that matters for me in the lower difficulties ( hard- med - easy ) I don't give a ***** about any other rewards on theses difficulties, I mean, even the 1k 4* star shard on hard difficulties is something I could give up on to. But those relics tickets are way more important late game wise and can't afford to give up on them, especially when you are quite a new player that couldn't get actually all the earlier relics that are so OP right now ( Galvatron, Hot Rod, Hound, Saber, etc etc )

I don't want to be at top 10, top 25 or anything in AM. My alliance is right now between 26-50 and I'm fine right now with that. This ranks shows exactly how I feel about the game and how I want to play it. I want to be a little high if possible, but I don't want to loose my Real life for this game. And I want to keep grinding those exploration spotlight mission without loosing the sight of my philosophy : Don't let this game get into your real life business.

So, for the sake every player that has a real life here, please reconsider the energy waste on Spotlight mission.
    Or if you don't want to rework the energy problem, then I have quite a suggestion about relics tickets rewards.

You can make this :
    - Explore 100% Master = Get all the lower difficulties Relics ticket ( 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 )
    - Explore 100% Expert = Get all the lower difficulties Relics ticket ( 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 ) You don't get Master rewards ofc
    - Explore 100% Hard = Get all the lower difficulties Relics ticket ( 3 + 2 + 1 )
    - etc
    - etc
    With this system, you can let people decide which content and rewards they want to focus, if you want ALL the rewards from ALL the difficulties, then you'll have to explore everything
    If you want ONLY the Relics ticket from every difficulties, then you only have to explore the Master difficulty, and that's it. And if you want like the other rewards you can still do the other difficulties, but you'll not be chained to do all the exploration from all the difficulties for the relics ticket anymore.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I’m all for reducing energy requirements for hard spotlight but I have to disagree with your math Celt. I don’t buy energy refills, but I do use the batteries from AE rewards. This month I used around 4 batteries that were free. I’ve explored easy to master last week and have been using my energy on daily T2C missions for the past week or so. I did restart a few times for 3.2 as well.

I wake up and clear one round of energy around 7am, another round around lunch time 1pm and another round when I finish work around 7pm. When I’m at work, i autorun missions and ask for help. So it can be done without too much hassle actually. I only need to focus for chap 3 of master spotlight, so everything else can be done even when my kids are around (though I sometimes outsource easy missions to them ;p).
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    @Celt , dude I agree with you,,
    But, 5 min to do lower difficulty to use all energy... I think lower difficulty take more time due to more number of fight needed.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Celt wrote: »
    Actually I was about to make a thread about that but you did the first step before me.
    Let me explain :
    Basically ( at the current state of the game ) you CAN'T explore the full 5 difficulties at 100% UNLESS you spend a lot of energon ( by a lot, I mean, at least 700-800 energon = 20 refill +- )

Dude, I dont spend any energon and full explore every difficulty every month. And I also miss some days in between. Its definitely possible to get through without refills, however I do agree they should lower the amount of energy needed per node.
  • Why not just allow an auto complete functionality for lower tier spotlights? So if you 100% expert, you unlock the ability to spend energy on the lower tiers (hard, medium, easy) to complete them without having to walk through them. So the maps can cost so much energy, and we can spend our current energy to increment the progress by clicking on it. Then we don't have to waste the time watching a 2000+ PI bot smash the 200 PI map bot into the ground (or the more time consuming setup/teardown time for each battle).
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Why not just allow an auto complete functionality for lower tier spotlights? So if you 100% expert, you unlock the ability to spend energy on the lower tiers (hard, medium, easy) to complete them without having to walk through them. So the maps can cost so much energy, and we can spend our current energy to increment the progress by clicking on it. Then we don't have to waste the time watching a 2000+ PI bot smash the 200 PI map bot into the ground (or the more time consuming setup/teardown time for each battle).

Probably cause they want you to keep playing this broken game
  • TKO wrote: »
    Probably cause they want you to keep playing this broken game

With that way of spending energy, you'd still have to log in and use it. You could then spend the rest of your time on arena or raiding.

• 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    Lets try to keep this on topic.

This thread is about the reduction of energy requirements, which provides actual functional relief from the extra constraints brought on by the addition of Master, and we should keep the discussion on that point.

Autoplay would be nothing more than a convenience and is not important, so if you want to make a seperate thread about that be my guest, but please don't derail this one.

Thanks.
    edited August 2018
    Any chance we could get a little moderator feedback on this?

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabamm Yolotron
    @Kabam

Would be much appreciated. :-)
  • I support the idea of auto complete for lower difficulties as long as :
    * You have completed and explored the higher levels
    * you have enough energy for it
    * you are able to align the proper team (say, 5 3r3 or equivalent for easy, 3r4 for med, 4r3 for hard ...)
  • Medium and hard reduce 1 energy per node expert and master stay the same
    I too like the idea of
    1 energy for Easy and Medium
    2 energy for Hard
    3 energy for Expert and Master

This almost balances out the addition of over 1500 energy required with the addition of Master, while not making it too easy and also leaving room for the addition of more difficulty level later if need be.

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Yolotron
    Any chance we can get you guys to weigh in on this?

Thanks!
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    he probably isn't level 55 so he has less energy max, i'm fully explored except for a couple missions and only used maybe 4-5 batteries. I however, wouldn't mind easy and medium being 1, hard being 2
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    I suspect this will have to happen anyways when the next Spotlight (Legendary?) gets added
    edited August 2018
    @LouCypher - if we don't get some kind of energy reduction (or a 50% reduction in regen time would suffice), I'm pretty sure the next level spotlight difficulty will be called "Unemployed".
  • ldny90ldny90 Posts: 21
    edited August 2018
    i'd be happy if they made it similar to AM - the nodes/paths you've already taken wouldn't cost any energy. it baffles me to spend 18-21 energy just to get to the boss...
    ldny90 wrote: »
    i'd be happy if they made it similar to AM - the nodes/paths you've already taken wouldn't cost any energy. it baffles me to spend 18-21 energy just to get to the boss...

Or in other words: only enemy nodes should cost energy.
    Or in other words: only enemy nodes should cost energy.

While I believe the empty nodes and ridiculously round-about paths that have been laid out in these missions is obviously by design to force energy to be consumed, I'd assume that it would be a lot easier to just reduce the energy cost of EVERY node rather than only specific ones. However if they want to reduce the cost per node AND completely remove the cost of empty nodes, I'd certainly be all for it.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I don’t know if Kabam will lower energy requirements. Seems like they enjoy sucking it out of missions. I mean, look at the new Ancient Sanctum map. There are, what, two empty nodes just at the start? What’s up with that?
  • reduce hard to 2 energy/node! the hard prizes is not so worth 3 energy per node
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I don’t know if Kabam will lower energy requirements. Seems like they enjoy sucking it out of missions. I mean, look at the new Ancient Sanctum map. There are, what, two empty nodes just at the start? What’s up with that?

Ya, ill never understand the thinking behind starting an AM with LESS than full energy (even though it obviously would have regened by the start), and then having empty nodes at the start that essentially can lead to hours of waiting before you even get to your first fight. SMDH
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I think it might be to stagger out the number of fights at the start of AM. Currently I find fights right at the start of AM timing always lag a lot more. Their servers won’t be able to handle it if everyone can fight 5 fights right at the start.
    0VERKILL wrote: »

Ya, ill never understand the thinking behind starting an AM with LESS than full energy (even though it obviously would have regened by the start), and then having empty nodes at the start that essentially can lead to hours of waiting before you even get to your first fight. SMDH

Manthro has given a reasonable explanation to this but I didn't save the link. Please paste it again @Manthro .
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2018
    0VERKILL wrote: »

Manthro has given a reasonable explanation to this but I didn't save the link. Please paste it again @Manthro .

You want me to dig up one old post out of 2,018 posts?

Nah man... Get your own sandwich :smiley:
    I found it!
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/36806/#Comment_36806
    So, I'll try and explain this.

Most games use this system of starting global events without a full clip of energy, or movement, attacks or whatever rechargeable resource it is you need to complete the event.

The reason behind it is very simple.

Timezones.

If you started an event with a full clip of energy, you have a distinct advantage over other alliances that may not be active at that same hour in other parts of the world.

This minimizes the scoring advantage players have for being active during event start over inactive alliances that may be sleeping.

It is particularly important in PvP events such as Alliance Wars..

It is less important in PvE events like Alliance missions, but it still keeps things as fair as can be reasonably expected across the community, so developers generally choose to implement it on the main global events.
    edited August 2018
    Interesting take, but I'm not seeing how its applicable. There's no advantage to start time in an event with a scoring system that is based solely on difficulty and completion. If someone finishes an AM sooner than another it makes no difference, right? And why is the shorting of energy upon start not present in any other game mode such as story or spotlight, where someone might finish sooner and get the rewards sooner? Wouldn't that be an unfair advantage under the same thinking?. Shorting power at AM start is just an unnecessary hindrance.
    Well whadya know? I guess the squeaky wheel occasionally DOES get a little grease.

Thanks Kabam!