Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Wheeljack

An ambitious inventor with the unfortunate luck of having his inventions backfire on him is here to join your rosters! Check out Wheeljack's blog post:

http://transformersforgedtofight.com/bot-intel-report-wheeljack/

Comments

• MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Looks cool. Wish he wasn't another tech but his abilities look interesting. His healing seems to be random though.
    Question : since sp3 converts all upgrades to the same one does it heal you if you have 3 upgrades available?
    His healing of 10-20% isn't that much though.
    I hope Jackie will be awesome!
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Man, that’s tight! Love the whole idea of him constructing upgrades, good job guys!

Definitely going to replace Ratchet :). Though disappointed they don’t have a synergy together.
  • Does Force-shield apply to special attacks (including SP3) as well?
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Does Force-shield apply to special attacks (including SP3) as well?

Every single attack.. But DoTs can still pass through it.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Should be. That shield is very good. Probably his best feature.
    SHIELD
    Wheeljack’s emergency Force Shield allows him to survive both potentially deadly attacks and catastrophic mishaps in the lab.
    75%, 50%, 25% Health
    if an enemy attack would reduce Wheeljack’s health below 75%, 50% or 25%, Force Shield will activate, reducing all damage from enemy attacks by 100% for 2~8 seconds.
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Should be. That shield is very good. Probably his best feature.
    SHIELD
    Wheeljack’s emergency Force Shield allows him to survive both potentially deadly attacks and catastrophic mishaps in the lab.
    75%, 50%, 25% Health
    if an enemy attack would reduce Wheeljack’s health below 75%, 50% or 25%, Force Shield will activate, reducing all damage from enemy attacks by 100% for 2~8 seconds.

Like SoundWave, it's real potential is unleashed at high levels, 2 sec what you can easliy elapse if you activate sp3 at same time as shield gets on.. Shield will be over by time major hit strike
    edited August 2018
    GET YOUR YOUR GOLDEN BUG(Bee) READY!!! If you have him
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    idc about wheeljack dude, King K Rool just got into smash ultimate and I'm supposed to care about wheeljack?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    for his SP1 - are those percentages separate or a breakdown? I'm reading it as a breakdown.

60% Chance to inflict Shock for 3 seconds.
    30% Chance to inflict Power Leak for 2 seconds.
    10% Chance to deal Stun for 3 second.

Breakdown - if I do a SP1, I will activate one of debuffs with Shock being the highest chance compared to the other two

Separate - If I do a SP1, I have the % above to have each debuffs occur. So I can have multiple if the gods are nice.
  • Does Force-shield apply to special attacks (including SP3) as well?

Every single attack.. But DoTs can still pass through it.

Thanks. Def worth the dupe!
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Voltron wrote: »
    for his SP1 - are those percentages separate or a breakdown? I'm reading it as a breakdown.

Breakdown - if I do a SP1, I will activate one of debuffs with Shock being the highest chance compared to the other two

Separate - If I do a SP1, I have the % above to have each debuffs occur. So I can have multiple if the gods are nice.

I think it's like Soundwave's S1, you could end up with one, all or none.
  • Voltron wrote: »

Wheeljack's inventions are pretty unpredictable! You could activate all 3, or you could end up activating none!
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Any update on 5 star feature chips being reduced for this month. Or I guess what did your monitoring of this month decide?
  • PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    idc about wheeljack dude, King K Rool just got into smash ultimate and I'm supposed to care about wheeljack?

I'm now a Dedede main out of respect for that fakeout.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Voltron wrote: »

Wheeljack's inventions are pretty unpredictable! You could activate all 3, or you could end up activating none!

How much power could he potentially leak?
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    Any update on 5 star feature chips being reduced for this month. Or I guess what did your monitoring of this month decide?

Not yet. It's still too early for us to look at the 1 Million Number, since the month is close to ending, but not over yet.

While we don't think we'll actually be adjusting the number of Chips needed even in the future, we are looking at ways to help Commanders get to that number, meaning it would also help those that are only gunning for the 3-Star or 4-Star versions as well!
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Totherkins wrote: »

Not yet. It's still too early for us to look at the 1 Million Number, since the month is close to ending, but not over yet.

While we don't think we'll actually be adjusting the number of Chips needed even in the future, we are looking at ways to help Commanders get to that number, meaning it would also help those that are only gunning for the 3-Star or 4-Star versions as well!

Will there be any talk about Act 4 or new content and features? Such as other game modes? Maybe some new gauntlets as well?
  • Wheeljack looks awesome! Shockwave and Jazz synergy works great for me
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited August 2018

Appricieate the response. I think a million chips is incredibly steep or only feasible by whaling out. But, I guess that's your idea of how it should be. Hopefully, the increase of chips is fairly dramatic. I hit 730k chips for the month and that's a personal high for me... But still a far cry from the million needed for a 5 star along with being able to do monthly objectives.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    edited August 2018

Appricieate the response. I think a million chips is incredibly steep or only feasible by whaling out. But, I guess that's your idea of how it should be. Hopefully, the increase of chips is fairly dramatic. I hit 730k chips for the month and that's a personal high for me... But still a far cry from the million needed for a 5 star along with being able to do monthly objectives.

I have to say that this whole "chip for bots" thing makes it way too easy to get the new bots. There really is no reason Kabam needs to hand out bots to every player. So the fact that they made it 1 million chips shouldn't warrant complaints from the entire community.

By removing the original method of getting the new bots, which was only the top arena players, and allowing people to complete content all month and even open crystals to get chips is basically just handing out the new bots to everyone because even before these monthly objectives I could easily hit 100k chips without spending any money and without even raiding or doing the arenas.

Yes I do agree that 1 million is a hard number to come by for the average, and even more-than-average player. But they have already handed out every 4* and I don't see a good reason that they should be handing out all the 5*s as well.

You could always try your luck at the new 300 energon feature crystal spins. There were plenty of people who got really lucky from those.

EDIT: I enjoy the "Free" bots by earning enough chips but I would totally be fine with them removing this method.
  • Are Tantrum, WJ, and future featured bots going to be added to the 5 star pool at the same time other tiers make it into crystals?
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited August 2018
    "Each time Wheeljack Transforms he begins to Construct a random Upgrade for 4 seconds. [Max 3 Upgrades]"
    "If Wheeljack Constructs 3 of the same Upgrade type he randomly Repairs between 10-20% of Max Health."

I guess this confuses me because since the Upgrade only lasts for 4 seconds...how could you possibly trigger the "Success" unless they are just spamming Heavy Attack over and over and over again?

I think im missing something because when I think of "transforms", im thinking Heavy Attack...with maybe the possibility of a Special Attack also? But not every bot that does a Special "transforms" for that special....such as IH for his SP1 or SP2, or MV1 Prime.

Is this bot supposed to be a Heavy Hit spammer like IH?
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited August 2018
    I’m a little disappointed about no synergies with Ratchet, but no enemy synergies with Starscream? That’s unforgivable!! They shared a voice for goodness sakes!
  • Stitch626 wrote: »
    "Each time Wheeljack Transforms he begins to Construct a random Upgrade for 4 seconds. [Max 3 Upgrades]"
    "If Wheeljack Constructs 3 of the same Upgrade type he randomly Repairs between 10-20% of Max Health."

I guess this confuses me because since the Upgrade only lasts for 4 seconds...how could you possibly trigger the "Success" unless they are just spamming Heavy Attack over and over and over again?

I think im missing something because when I think of "transforms", im thinking Heavy Attack...with maybe the possibility of a Special Attack also? But not every bot that does a Special "transforms" for that special....such as IH for his SP1 or SP2, or MV1 Prime.

I read this as it taking 4 seconds for the upgrade to be finished, and it would be removed if you got hit with a critical.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited August 2018
    Stitch626 wrote: »

I read this as it taking 4 seconds for the upgrade to be finished, and it would be removed if you got hit with a critical.

Ah, that could be and makes more sense.

Thanks for that!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So if your have him duped, sp3 will certainly regen, right?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    All Autobot team members = only two? Jazz and (which) Bee?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Looks cool. Wish he wasn't another tech but his abilities look interesting. His healing seems to be random though.
    Question : since sp3 converts all upgrades to the same one does it heal you if you have 3 upgrades available?
    His healing of 10-20% isn't that much though.
    I hope Jackie will be awesome!

Check your math.... He repairs 10-20% of base health.... It doesn't scale for remaining health like ratchet's heal.

It is a lot of heal, and he can remain at 100% health across multiple battles as a result.

Think about it.

Build buffs
    Charge up s3.
    If your shield triggers at 75% health, launch s3 and guarantee heal up to 85-95% health.

Rinse, repeat.
    edited August 2018
    All Autobot team members = only two? Jazz and (which) Bee?

You can compare it's working to Brothers in Arms and Till all are One.
    And it's obvious it's G1 Bee