Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Bot Intel Report - Wheeljack

Comments

• Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    So if your have him duped, sp3 will certainly regen, right?

Duping gives shield,, nothing...
    You should three upgrades active, and all three becomes of one type,,, and yeah heal must trigger
  • Options
    Are Tantrum, WJ, and future featured bots going to be added to the 5 star pool at the same time other tiers make it into crystals?

Nope, 5* pool works separately... When kabam wishes, they will add selected bots there(few bots)
  • Options
    Ahhhh dammit... I was really hoping for him to be a Demolition or something, oh well, he still looks great
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Manthro wrote: »
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Looks cool. Wish he wasn't another tech but his abilities look interesting. His healing seems to be random though.
    Question : since sp3 converts all upgrades to the same one does it heal you if you have 3 upgrades available?
    His healing of 10-20% isn't that much though.
    I hope Jackie will be awesome!

Check your math.... He repairs 10-20% of base health.... It doesn't scale for remaining health like ratchet's heal.

It is a lot of heal, and he can remain at 100% health across multiple battles as a result.

Think about it.

Build buffs
    Charge up s3.
    If your shield triggers at 75% health, launch s3 and guarantee heal up to 85-95% health.

Rinse, repeat.

True this might be good. We will have to see. I certainly am more excited for Wheeljack compared to Tantrum.
  • Options
    I wish he wasn't a tech.
  • Options
    iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited August 2018
    I wish he wasn't a tech.

It’s G1 Wheeljack. It would be silly of you to expect he would anything else other than a tech. Not to mention the move set was already posted multiple times last month.
  • Options
    SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Hey Manthro, I think the devs listened to you around Sideswipe. Looks like Swipe will finally have his 'best bot' matchup against Wheeljack. :smiley:
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    If anyone is interested a basic 1/1 4* Wheeljack can power leak 25% of a power bar.
  • Options
    The passive upgrade he gives to all Autobots, is the upgrade icon supposed to show up for the Autobot?
  • Options
    MusherMusher Posts: 1
    Parece que otra vez ay error con las misiones especiales
    Completar wheljack y dar premios tantrum
    Así me paso también con jazz
    Alguna solución tendrán????
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    The passive upgrade he gives to all Autobots, is the upgrade icon supposed to show up for the Autobot?

Just two autobots, not all.
  • Options

It says "all autobots"
  • Options

It says "all autobots"

Check his synergy detail in-game and feel cheated by Kabam's desc.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    Hey Manthro, I think the devs listened to you around Sideswipe. Looks like Swipe will finally have his 'best bot' matchup against Wheeljack. :smiley:

How do you figure? Because he crits a lot? All scouts Crit at a high rate.

Cheetor and Scout Bee are easily better choices vs WJ as they can go right through his shields
  • Options

It says "all autobots"

I have checked, it says "all Autobot team members." Or is that a lie??
  • Options
    edited August 2018

It says "all autobots"

But didn't you see there are only two avatars, Jazz and G1 Bee?
    l03kw3nwpkv2.jpg

Well, G1 Megatron's "All is ours" has only Soundwave there. So... I don't know. But it's a shame if this Synergy only applies to a recent Featured and an exclusive.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    No, I am blind. Did you see it says all?
  • Options
    BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581

It says "all autobots"

l03kw3nwpkv2.jpg

Well, G1 Megatron's "All is ours" has only Soundwave there. So... I don't know.

Take her easy guys, you may be overthinking it. Might be a typo but I think the implication of all only comprise of the Autobots under the designated synergy (Bumblebee and Jazz).

• Options
    Bumblebee wrote: »

It says "all autobots"

l03kw3nwpkv2.jpg

Take her easy guys, you may be overthinking it. Might be a typo but I think the implication of all only comprise of the Autobots under the designated synergy (Bumblebee and Jazz).

I don't think I am overthinking "all" at all. It has a certain definition. If Kabam misused the word, which is entirely possible, that's on them not on me.

Grimlock and Optimus are allies but it doesn't say "all Autobot team members" get armour. There must be some reason all is used for the random upgrade synergy.
  • Options

It says "all autobots"

l03kw3nwpkv2.jpg

I don't think I am overthinking "all" at all. It has a certain definition. If Kabam misused the word, which is entirely possible, that's on them not on me.

Grimlock and Optimus are allies but it doesn't say "all Autobot team members" get armour. There must be some reason all is used for the random upgrade synergy.

Kabam has made mistakes like this in the past. Rephrasing things like abilities and synergies because they didn’t properly reflect the bot isn’t anything new. I would expect some tweaks in the future!

• Options
    SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Compare it to Primes synergy with IH. That affects all Autobots but doesnt show all Autobots in the icons. That shows which Autobots are required to activate the synergy, not the only recipients.
  • Options
    Compare it to Primes synergy with IH. That affects all Autobots but doesnt show all Autobots in the icons. That shows which Autobots are required to activate the synergy, not the only recipients.

I think you may be onto something. I tried tinkering with it a bit.

Here, you can see Prowl, who doesn’t share any direct synergies with Wheeljack:
    mhuvpc99lg65.png
    If you add Bumblebee or Jazz to the equation (don’t have Bumblebee... yet...), the synergy consequently activates for Prowl.
    agj3ddyoqwy5.png
    I haven’t tested it on any other Autobots. But I believe if they are within the Generations universe, it should work!

• Options

mhuvpc99lg65.png
    If you add Bumblebee or Jazz to the equation (don’t have Bumblebee... yet...), the synergy consequently activates for Prowl.
    agj3ddyoqwy5.png
    I haven’t tested it on any other Autobots. But I believe if they are within the Generations universe, it should work!

I was just thinking the same thing, is it possible that a pictured bot is necessary to activate the synergy for "all"?
  • Options

mhuvpc99lg65.png
    agj3ddyoqwy5.png

I was just thinking the same thing, is it possible that a pictured bot is necessary to activate the synergy for "all"?

My guess would be yes. As you can see in the first picture, the synergy didn’t activate until I included Jazz. You’ll only need one of the two in order to make it work.

• Options

It says "all autobots"

l03kw3nwpkv2.jpg

mhuvpc99lg65.png
    agj3ddyoqwy5.png

My guess would be yes. As you can see in the first picture, the synergy didn’t activate until I included Jazz. You’ll only need one of the two in order to make it work.

So basically it's another instance like G1 Megs+Soundwave+Decepticons synergy.
  • Options
    That's the way it works. I tried Wheeljack with Jazz and Optimus in a Daily Mission and they both activated "Power Upgrades". It gets flashed at the beginning of the fight. Then I tried Wheeljack with Optimus and Blaster in the Arena and nothing happened.

The description is certainly not as good as it could be.
  • Options
    b5nbi2qd2p30.png
    Where are His Light Bulbs?
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    edited August 2018
    Sadly after this instant fix Wheeljack is going to be just underwhelming. His heal is undependable except on his sp3. His shield and power gain upgrades were useless. Only his offence upgrade was amazing. Please don't nerf him to uselessness. I loved him and brought him to max R5. If I knew they were going to need him within 1 day I would not have done that
  • Options
    PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    The question with Wheeljack now is... Is he better than ratchet?
  • Options
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    The question with Wheeljack now is... Is he better than ratchet?

Yeah, I’ve been wondering that too. I have his 3* variant, duped once. Although, haven’t played around with him too much to reach any conclusions.