Soundwave bug

Ok, been happening to me during AM, where if I do a 4 hit combo and then try and launch a heavy attack immediately whilst using Soundwave against the AI (usually sharks) they are either attack or using a special attack. It's resulting in me doing the 4 hit then heavy combo, but getting hit with specials. It only seems to be happening in AM when I use Soundwave.

Playing on iphone 7plus with latest game update and latest ios ans this has been happening for at least 2 weeks now

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 1,165
    edited August 11
    If they counter with a special, it's guaranteed you'll be punished. It's not a bug cos u can do the same to avoid being cornered by AI Soundwave. Just that AI gets more aggressive.

I don't get the 'they are either attack' part, though.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,008
    Getting countered with a special at high level AM on a heavy attack happens often, but a regular attack shouldn't be possible without a sidestep first.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 762
    Ok sorry, that was a typo - they are basically launching a special inbetween the 4th hit and me triggering a heavy attack with Soundwave - this hasn't happened to me with any other bot.

Today however, one of the Sharks did a ranged attack inbetween the 4th hit and a Soundwave heavy and the only reason I didn't get hit is because the heavy cancelled it out.

It's also worth noting that I'm not hitting their block either. This is a proper combo when they are taking hits.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 1,165
    You can 'cancel' the 4th hit with a heavy but this doesn't qualify as a real combo: as soon as the cancel happens, the enemy is free to do anything. Again, if you smash the screen when AI is comboing and they do a (ranged) heavy, your counter attack will catch them during the transformation.
    You can 'cancel' the 4th hit with a heavy but this doesn't qualify as a real combo: as soon as the cancel happens, the enemy is free to do anything. Again, if you smash the screen when AI is comboing and they do a (ranged) heavy, your counter attack will catch them during the transformation.

No, it wasn't a ranged heavy it was a ranged attack.

I dunno, if this is normal then I've never encountered it before and it's only happening with Soundwave in AM - that seems strange to me.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 653
    edited August 11
    The best solution that I came up with for this problem was to take my Soundwave and forge him into 5 Star Prowl. Since doing that, I haven't had any problems with Soundwave.

Try that first and then let me know how it works out @DaveJL .
    Synthwave wrote: »
    The best solution that I came up with for this problem was to take my Soundwave and forge him into 5 Star Prowl. Since doing that, I haven't had any problems with Soundwave.

Try that first and then let me know how it works out @DaveJL .

Hahaha wow, it's about time you trolled me back!

Soundwave is a God. The only way he ever gets forged is if I pull a 5* Soundwave and get him high sig!
    (I also don't have Prowl yet, although my 4* Prowl is waiting in the wings ready to be forged when I do get him!)