Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shock block is idiotic

Shock block is unnecessary for any mode. I keep screwing up because of that stupid crap just so you guys hope we spend a bit more money. For gods sake, take it off

Comments

• Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    It’s a simple counter, hit the opponent with one or two ranged attacks then dash in. If you just dash in the AI is obviously going to block.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Or use grimlock or kickback if it gives you that much trouble.
  • Nick_80 wrote: »
    Or use grimlock or kickback if it gives you that much trouble.

My grim lock is 2/20 not even duped, and my kickback is a 3*
  • 0250pvqqsdzu.png

I’ll probably need a few revives because of it
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    You don't have another Beast you can bring for the Beast Purification synergy?
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »

I have a 4* wasp but he was on an away mission at the time and he would have been at a disadvantage
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2018
    Have a wasp and Rain out!
    Or Barricade can do it as well as Jazz
    @Austin555555 , Dash back with prowl, gain all buff, WJ may become offensive, if not dash into block and heavy, One shock for one heavy and WJ will drain out!.
    I tried it myself.
    I took out MASTER 3.2 WJ, with R4 prowl took out 60%, r5 wasp at 4% health took out 25% health, r5 tantrum at 5% health took out 6% r4,magnus gave final shots. Arcee was dead.
    0e3qouktbmz3.png
    There was Rampage and T1 Health boost active which was over when I reached WJ.
    I needed no revive.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    It’s a simple counter, hit the opponent with one or two ranged attacks then dash in. If you just dash in the AI is obviously going to block.

This. And don’t dash in until your range connects.

Also, you can just bait the AI to dash in and then sidestep and counter.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

I have a 4* wasp but he was on an away mission at the time and he would have been at a disadvantage

So use Wasp for other bots, not for Wheeljack.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2018
    Shock block is unnecessary for any mode. I keep screwing up because of that stupid crap just so you guys hope we spend a bit more money. For gods sake, take it off

There are many counters to shock block, as have already been mentioned in this thread.

Grimlock
    Kickback
    Tantrum
    Beast synergy squad

You need to adapt your play for the challenge presented.

It's not that difficult, you just seem unwilling (or unable) to change how you approach individual battles.

If every fight was the same basic magic formula to win, players would have lost interest a long time ago.
  • Shockblock is easy. Just finished evade path in master. That was one of the hardest. Who ever decided to put arcee and G1 Bumblebee in the evade path really hates us
  • Shockblock is easy. Just finished evade path in master. That was one of the hardest. Who ever decided to put arcee and G1 Bumblebee in the evade path really hates us

Kabam. Who else.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Shockblock is easy. Just finished evade path in master. That was one of the hardest. Who ever decided to put arcee and G1 Bumblebee in the evade path really hates us
    For sure, I took two drifts for that path trying to be as safe as I could be, and they were still a royal pain in the butt.
  • Kenny wrote: »
    Shockblock is easy. Just finished evade path in master. That was one of the hardest. Who ever decided to put arcee and G1 Bumblebee in the evade path really hates us
    For sure, I took two drifts for that path trying to be as safe as I could be, and they were still a royal pain in the butt.
    Hotrod took arcee out with ease when i ranked him up. But for bumblebee, i had to use so many revive kits because he always rushes and never uses his specials
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Hopefully this video gives you some tips and insight to fighting shockblock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJjFmfLNTLg&feature=youtu.be
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    You won't get anywhere if you don't have a bot immunde to debuffs like these guys said...I use Grimlock and Kickback...they're absolutely irreplaceable...Beast synergy is the same..Kabam has made it clear these ridiculously OP mods are gonna happen and shock block is just the lightest of them...the bleed stacks that Cheetor puts on ya during AM is a botch without the right bot
    edited August 2018
    And Without MODs like this, bots like Kickback, GrimLock, Tantrum will have reduction in their value.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Ratchet’s self diagnosis can help you against those shocks, right?

Bruh the evade path is so obnoxious. I think there was a cheetor too on it, or that was last month's evade path. My only viable bot for melee evade is drift (since hound only has ranged evade prevention), and I need to actually reach my 5 hit combo or connect my heavy, things that the evade mod kinda interfere with :( At least i managed by playing dodgeball until i got the precision buff and now it's done with.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I just ran the shock block lane on Expert and yeah while it was tough, the right bot made ALL the difference...he took a beating but we finished it.
  • Take bots that have ranged attacks on them. IH , meg , barricade, OG meg, bludgeon , etc etc.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    I got through it on Master without Beast Synergy, Grimlock or Kickback. Just be mindful of your play and be more reactive i.e wait for the right opportunity to hit.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    edited August 2018
    On one of the easier paths, maybe it wouldhave been kosher, but it doesn't help that friggin Megatron had Perfect Block and precognitive AI. That **&[)÷ beat my Waspy to death before I had much of a chance to dodge and counter.