Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Which 4* Brawler would you upgrade to rank 5

MV1 Optimus has awesome attacks and as you punch with him on a harm accelerator he gains health ! and gives my Ironhide a boost !
Tantrum is also duplicated and when you fight against someone sitting on a harm accelerator he purifies all of it as you punch ! And he boosts many of my favorite bots!!!
I’m confused between these 2 because their my favorites!

Comments

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’ve also looked at their stats and Tantrum has better fire power than MV1 Optimus
    So everyone please say which one you would rank 5 to please help me out between
    Tantrum and MV1 Optimus Prime !!!
  • MV1, he is simple and effective to play with. High damage, just keep using sp1 and you are all set. He is one of those bots who can face everyone. The thing with tantrum is that you lose all your melee buffs if you back step. I don’t want to change my fighting style just to keep those melee buffs. And even when the unstoppable is up, it doesn’t mean your opponent will use a special in that time frame. This is why i would go with MV1 all the way
  • Mv1, it's a nobrainer.
    Tantrum has some not-so-straightforward play style that could be explored later when you're satisfied with your inventory. For the moment focus on Prime.
    Ok thanks guys MV1 it should be !
    The only thing that gets me is Tantrum purifies that harm accelerator, has more attack strength, and is fast on his feet
    MV1 Optimus is so tough so I should definitely listen to you guys and go rank him up lol thanks guys !!!!
  • MV1, playing with tantrum is bit risky if you don't know how to
  • Really? :o I think MV1 Prime smells. I say Tantrum all the way ;) But that's just my playstyle
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I would wait for Grindor
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    I would wait for Grindor

I'm in the same position. I just got my first T3C spark and it's a Brawler. I have Tantrum and Grindor at rank 4 and MV1 Prime at rank 3. I was gonna rank 5 Tantrum but now you have made me think. Why Grindor over Tantrum?
    edited September 2018
    I just think he has a quick, smooth playstyle and paired with Barricade he has a good synergy. He can hit pretty hard, is a bit of a tank and when he goes fishing he catches someone hook, line and sinker

Don't do Grindor. Or Tantrum. Do MV1 - him and duped Grimlock are the best by far
  • Although I prefer MV1, but for quick fight Tantrum is always best...
    MV1 helps in long fight and I'm campaigns where his his decreaseling health benefits him, while Tantrum is just exposed to much higher damage input.
    For harm accelerator, I'd prefer Tantrum. His sign is bit of hard punching as his CRIT increase synergize with Melee Damage, to wreck the hell outta them
  • I've got MV1 and Tantrum duped and I'd say go with Tantrum. I know MV1 has his strengths and all, and my dislike of Bayformers aside, Tantrum is also just much more fun to play. His sig can be used constantly, unlike MV1 who only gets his boost once a fight, for only 7 seconds, and he has to pretty much have 1 foot in his grave already and he is only good against bleeds. Tantrum gets his every 3 melee buffs, they last for 6 seconds, and by the time the 6 seconds is up, he can have 3 more out of the way so he can chain his frenzy to keep it almost constantly on protecting him from all damaging debuffs. He loses melee buffs for back dashing but he doesn't lose them when he's unstoppable. I also don't know if its just me or not, but I've never had an enemy bot survive one of Tantrum's SP3s when he has 6 or more buffs active.

I'm curious if anyone has found this out or not: If Starscream hits Tantrum with his null ray and nullifies melee buffs, does Tantrum take the instant shock damage if his frenzy is up? Does his frenzy protect him from the null ray's instant shock damage, or only 'normal' shock damage?
    I've got MV1 and Tantrum duped and I'd say go with Tantrum. I know MV1 has his strengths and all, and my dislike of Bayformers aside, Tantrum is also just much more fun to play. His sig can be used constantly, unlike MV1 who only gets his boost once a fight, for only 7 seconds, and he has to pretty much have 1 foot in his grave already and he is only good against bleeds. Tantrum gets his every 3 melee buffs, they last for 6 seconds, and by the time the 6 seconds is up, he can have 3 more out of the way so he can chain his frenzy to keep it almost constantly on protecting him from all damaging debuffs. He loses melee buffs for back dashing but he doesn't lose them when he's unstoppable. I also don't know if its just me or not, but I've never had an enemy bot survive one of Tantrum's SP3s when he has 6 or more buffs active.

I'm curious if anyone has found this out or not: If Starscream hits Tantrum with his null ray and nullifies melee buffs, does Tantrum take the instant shock damage if his frenzy is up? Does his frenzy protect him from the null ray's instant shock damage, or only 'normal' shock damage?

He is protected from the shock damage.

Tantrum does not scale well to the higher game modes. Once you get in to maybe the last two missions on master spotlight and 50+ AM, he is reduced to just being a normal bot. To get 3 melee buffs is almost impossible without taking too much damage. At that point, MV1 is much more useful.
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    I've got MV1 and Tantrum duped and I'd say go with Tantrum. I know MV1 has his strengths and all, and my dislike of Bayformers aside, Tantrum is also just much more fun to play. His sig can be used constantly, unlike MV1 who only gets his boost once a fight, for only 7 seconds, and he has to pretty much have 1 foot in his grave already and he is only good against bleeds. Tantrum gets his every 3 melee buffs, they last for 6 seconds, and by the time the 6 seconds is up, he can have 3 more out of the way so he can chain his frenzy to keep it almost constantly on protecting him from all damaging debuffs. He loses melee buffs for back dashing but he doesn't lose them when he's unstoppable. I also don't know if its just me or not, but I've never had an enemy bot survive one of Tantrum's SP3s when he has 6 or more buffs active.

He is protected from the shock damage.

Tantrum does not scale well to the higher game modes. Once you get in to maybe the last two missions on master spotlight and 50+ AM, he is reduced to just being a normal bot. To get 3 melee buffs is almost impossible without taking too much damage. At that point, MV1 is much more useful.

Don’t forget you will lose all your melee buffs if a certain bot gets up to a certain special if you don’t want to get damaged. I know his unstoppable stops all melee buffs from disappearing but the enemy doesn’t always use their special in that certain time frame
  • That's Tantrum is one way bot, kill them before they fill three bar,,, on other Hand Mv1 can take fights as long as you can.. And MV1 sign is not rely upon, his sp1 is quite hard at low health. His Sign gives a last many of times to give a Final but Hardest Wounds when it synergized with his Normal Melee buff and Sequencer and SP1. It really harder than Ironhide, if it's critical then Boom!
    All I can say is I’m confused again lol
    Tantrum is fast I love his style I own more bots to synergies with Tantrum
    But MV1 I’ve only Ironhide to go with
    At times I think Tantrum is better than MV1
    And other times I think MV1 could be better than Tantrum?
    All I know is battling against a harm accelerator if you mess up with Optimus he’s dying unless you keep punching
    But Tantrum on the other hand purification is the key with this guy being Duped
    I’ve got Grindor but this thread is between
    MV1 Optimus Prime and Tantrum
    edited September 2018
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    All I know is battling against a harm accelerator if you mess up with Optimus he’s dying unless you keep punching
    But Tantrum on the other hand purification is the key with this guy being Duped

well if all you are going to do is raid then fine, but if you want to play AM at levels 50+ and complete master spotlight with ease, Tantrum isn't as good for that as MV1 is because the AI simply wont allow you to get 3 buffs without you taking some huge damage

and might I add, my Tantrum is duped at r3 5*, my MV1 is r4 4* and to me it's pretty obvious who is better
    Ok I understand I’ve only got 1 maxed 4star I’ve never been able to get through all the master yet not enough power
    And what I’m looking for now is the best Brawler
    I get a good feel with both of these bots
    But at times Tantrum beats Mv1
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    And what I’m looking for now is the best Brawler
    I get a good feel with both of these bots
    But at times Tantrum beats Mv1

best brawler IMO is probably duped Optimus Primal with beast purification synergy, or duped Optimus Primal in general too. Followed by a duped Grimlock, then MV1, then Motormaster m, Tantrum and finally Grindor.
    Well I’ve only got MV1 , Tantrum, and grindor but I don’t wanna rank 5 grindor
    It’s between MV1 and Tantrum
    I don’t wanna make a rank 5 mistake I want the best
    ok I’ve heard so many good comments about both of these guys
    I haven’t played tftf as long as you guys so my MV1 Optimus Prime hasn’t been played as long either lol I’m going with him mostly everyone’s Brawler
    Thank you all for posting hope I didn’t bother anyone I was so confused because I love Playing Tantrum and MV1 Optimus so much I had a hard time deciding between the two take care players and have fun upgrading Brawlers !!!
  • TheWolfTheWolf Posts: 35
    edited September 2018
    MV1 easy choice
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    Do mv1
  • Tantrum if duped, easily. I prefer him to motormaster comparing the unstoppable buff. Trick to building the buffs is to end each combo with a heavy, as the slight jump back should put you back into dashing distance. Providing your enemy doesn’t sidestep and counter, you should be clear for another dash.

He’s very fun to use, and brings an individual dynamic to how to play him. When you get it right, and keep those melee buffs building you’ll know it’s worth it.

In no way am I discrediting mv1, I use him for raids myself, but the game should be more about enjoyment, and tantrum is damn fun to use.

Anyway, he’s a bull, he’s built for aggression. Play him like that, it’s worth taking a little damage to keep in their face and really dominate a fight through
  • It comes down to who you like. If you play better with tantrum then go with him. This game is all about who YOU play better with.
    Well I know MV1 and Tantrum I like both