Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Assets not loading properly

2»

Comments

• So @Strawbels has found the problem. I’ll put the quote here, for referencing:
    Strawbels wrote: »
    Alright I found out what's going on. Downloaded it on my Android 8.0 device. What is happening on Android pie it won't let the game access the server to download file assets. These happen on the fly when new things come up. So that's why scorponok used to be an issue and other bots you haven't owned. Then uninstalling you are removing these files. Also images used for cutscenes are downloaded on the fly too. So I managed to share the assets from my Android 8 to Android 9 device. But this also means any new content will have the same issue.

Tl:Dr They are in a cache folder that's not getting new assets on Android pie. Any assets you had before the update we're still there. But uninstalling and reinstalling removed them completely. Seems to be an issue with retrieving these files from the server when needed to cache for the first time.
    Hopefully this will be enough information for Kabam to resolve the issue.
  • @Strawbels, how did you share assets from your Android device with Oreo to the Android device with Pie? I’m considering of doing the same...
  • @izzy543 you should be able to find this folder on both your devices. Just know you have to go through all the menus and stuff in the game to load each asset at least once. Then I just zipped, Bluetooth, unzipped in the same location on my android Pie phone.72zdt3hznpow.png
  • Hey Everyone,

I merged the threads regarding this topic together so that we can consolidate the discussion into one post. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. For everyone who is experiencing this issue, could you please provide the information requested here that is relevant to the issue. Thank you for you assistance with this matter and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience.
  • Issy543Issy543 Posts: 31
    edited November 2018
    I'll also mention that I tried both WiFi and/or Mobile data; neither changed the outcome.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited November 2018
    Hey @Kabam Valiant ,

Thanks for merging the threads so we have the information in one thread. About the bug, there's lot of information and users efforts to pinpoint the bug in the whole thread, but I'll try to combine it in this reply.

So it seems that only devices with Android Pie (9.0) are affected, no matter which brand is producing them. My phone is Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (SD 845, 6GB Ram, 128GB internal storage). The other two devices (well at least just two people have replied to the thread so far), are also running Android Pie, but are from different manufacturer - Google Pixel XL (SD 835) and One Plus 6 (SD 845).

My device is running Xiaomi's MIUI as rom, The pixel have stock Android as google want it to be and the One Plus is running close to stock, but slightly modified version of Android 9.0. So the bug is not device, nor Android modification related.

The guys have shared the information that they've been running Pie (9.0) for couple of months and didn't have the issue until the last few updates. Can't exactly tell you from which version of the game the issue started as I've tested with game version 7.1.2 and 7.1.1 and they both had the issue under pie, but not on Oreo (8.0).

What is know so far is that the assets are not downloaded/cached on the device storage: "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kabam.bigrobot/files/asset_cache/files" in my case. I'm not sure if there's connection issues as I haven't got the time to nmap the connections yesterday or if it is permission issues, e.g. the game is not allowed to write on the storage.

Hints on resolving this:
    1) If you have device running Orio (8.*) and capable to be updated to 9.0, install the game and make sure that all the assets are loaded properly. Update the device to 9.0 and delete the files in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kabam.bigrobot/files/asset_cache/files. The assets wont be downloaded in there.
    2) Just update the device to 9.0 without having the game installed. When you install it you'll have every asset that is loaded dynamically loaded with "nut" that continue to rotate but no images at all.

adb logcat should help you enough to see if it's permission issue or network related.

Hope that helps you guys. If I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to write. Can jump between different versions of android and test different versions of the game if that's needed, but I beg you to quickly resolve the issue as I'm currently stuck on 8.1 simply because I want to play the game.

Cheers
  • CyPiCyPi Posts: 3
    Is the same issue as at Mcoc a month ago. Just use an app called Parallel Space. It works.
  • Strawbels wrote: »
    @izzy543 you should be able to find this folder on both your devices. Just know you have to go through all the menus and stuff in the game to load each asset at least once. Then I just zipped, Bluetooth, unzipped in the same location on my android Pie phone.72zdt3hznpow.png
    So, I tried this method, and I can confirm that it does work; I can now get into the fight mode on my OnePlus 6 again!

However, there are a few missing assets:
    k1c5xesi34c1.jpg
    Windblade's Thumbnail is missing.
    1xgi5n0je2p6.jpg
    Scorponk is missing in the cutscene at the beginning...
    13p636yct2yg.jpg
    ...but then he suddenly appears; however, Waspinator is missing.
    jat0tceue0n6.jpg
    The Sharkticon's thumbnail is missing.
    dd7hhjrsdltk.jpg
    And the thumbnails are missing for the crystal shards.

So, the solution does work, and it will allow you to engage in fights, but assets are still missing.

Hopefully the update comes out soon to fix this.
    So let me get this straight. Moderator's team can take time to warn me, edit my comment and then write me a PM with 4 paragraphs of text why I was warned for using and f word, but don't have the time to acknowledge an issue that's making the game UNPLAYABLE for many people that just want to use the latest OS for their devices, or even say "Thanks for your report and detailed feedback, will make sure that our developers will look into your information".

Really disappointed with how the situation is handled.
    Just use parallel Space. Trust me!
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    ktomov wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. Moderator's team can take time to warn me, edit my comment and then write me a PM with 4 paragraphs of text why I was warned for using and f word, but don't have the time to acknowledge an issue that's making the game UNPLAYABLE for many people that just want to use the latest OS for their devices, or even say "Thanks for your report and detailed feedback, will make sure that our developers will look into your information".

Really disappointed with how the situation is handled.

Ooh join the club.
    Best to stay MUTE and keep paying for broken bots.
    Not even proper capitalism. As that entails CONSUMER RIGHTS, bruv
    CyPi wrote: »
    Just use parallel Space. Trust me!

Install a third party app, just for the sake of being able to play a game, that should run in normal circumstances? That's patching the patch, we should already had.

I love the game, but if they don't comment or resolve the issue in the next 7 days , I would say goodbye. Yet I know that a single player doesn't mean too much for the whole organization, but today is one, tomorrow - who knows.

You have bug report, detailed bug report. We got no answer or any response on the matter.

I'm not trying to get people boycotting you, but if this issue is not resolved by the end of the week, you can kiss my pretty back goodbye. That's all.
    Of course, this is not an ideal solution, but as long as Kabam does not think it is necessary to fix the problem, this is the simplest solution.

Exactly the same problem existed at Mcoc a month ago. Normally, Kabam should have learned from it.
  • Android pie dont want play this game :smiley:
    Week later and the issue is still not resolved. Good job Kabam!
  • Hey there everyone, just wanted to drop by and let you all know that we have a resolution for this issue coming next week. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused anyone and thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this.
  • Null_XNull_X Posts: 13
    edited November 2018
    Hey there everyone, just wanted to drop by and let you all know that we have a resolution for this issue coming next week. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused anyone and thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this.

Is there going to be any compensation for the players that have been effected by this and couldn't play? Since reporting the issue Kabam made it worse by having me uninstall the game and reinstall it, and ignored any concerns I had regarding it including how it effected my Alliance, my progression in the game, acquiring Scorponok, and my items in storage because my inventory was full (which I ended up having to sell items that I was making a guess at what they were in order to save items I knew the identity of because of how close they were to being deleted). I think I speak for all the players that have been effected by this when I say that this issue severely disrupted us (some of us by making it so we couldn't even play the game). Also my experience with how Kabam handled this was pretty terrible, with my concerns being ignored and my last email going completely ignored as well.
    ktomov wrote: »
    Week later and the issue is still not resolved. Good job Kabam!

Yes, and it'll be about 2 weeks that some of us couldn't even play the game by the time they implement anything, and we're almost halfway through the event now. There had better be some serious compensation for those of us effected. Some of us (likely most) are able to get the 4 star spotlight bot each month. I may not be able to now. Not to mention my lost items that I was forced to sell so I didn't lose some more important items, the missed deals in the raid shop, and my raid medals being stolen while I couldn't do anything to get them back. And I may not be able to get the T2 Alpha Sparks I need for my Wheeljack, G1 Prime, And Galvatron because of this as well. I've lost more faith in Kabam with their handling of this than when they got me to quit Contest of Champions.
  • Yep. Still dealing with this. The game is mostly unplayable.
    I can do away missions and get rid of items I needed for things to make room for items I need more and that's really all. I can't even see what the items are realy, I just guess. This is ridiculous, and no Kabam moderators have replied to my comments on here (2 days now and I wanted what one said but for some reason can't @ them), and Kabam themselves haven't responded to an email I sent 4 days ago. This is ridiculous, and is not an acceptable way to be treating members of third playerbase with these issues going on in the game currently.
  • Null_X wrote: »
    I can do away missions and get rid of items I needed for things to make room for items I need more and that's really all. I can't even see what the items are realy, I just guess. This is ridiculous, and no Kabam moderators have replied to my comments on here (2 days now and I wanted what one said but for some reason can't @ them), and Kabam themselves haven't responded to an email I sent 4 days ago. This is ridiculous, and is not an acceptable way to be treating members of third playerbase with these issues going on in the game currently.

It's puzzling. You would think an issue that is literally making the game unplayable would be a FIRE that needs to be communicated and put out ASAP. It feels like we're being ignored. Can you imagine how many android users are out their that don't look at these forums and have just quit the game at this point? I've been waiting for multiple weeks now for something to be done (or at least some communication).
    Roybot wrote: »
    Null_X wrote: »

It's puzzling. You would think an issue that is literally making the game unplayable would be a FIRE that needs to be communicated and put out ASAP. It feels like we're being ignored. Can you imagine how many android users are out their that don't look at these forums and have just quit the game at this point? I've been waiting for multiple weeks now for something to be done (or at least some communication).

It's the same thing here. I sent Kabam an email on the 9th and as of right now there has still been no response. My support ticket was closed with all my concerns being ignored. I had to blindly sell and use upgrade items to avoud losing over 100 items that didn't fit in my inventory, 24 of which I might still lose due to Kabams in action. And a moderator who visited this post cannot be reached as far as I know and has either not returned to continue doing their job, or is simply ignoring us further just as Kabam as a whole has been this entire time. I think we should try to get a new mod in, and the one I've heard the most about is @Kabam Miike , so I wonder if he at least could give us any information and address concerns of the players who have been here or at the very least respond to the questions that have been brought up thusfar. So far however, I've been very disappointed in Kabams handling of this situation in general, and in their service in general, which I let them know after my support ticket was closed and did not hear anything from them when a follow up for a poor review should have been customary.
    edited November 2018
    @Roybot & @Null_X, you guys are wasting time writing those messages. Forum moderators clearly show little to no interest in what people are actually experiencing. We are on 13th day already since the bug was spotted. They've had pretty decent bug report.

NO ONE at least said, "hey guys, we took your advice and we can confirm there's a bug on our end. We are working on it". No one! Then we got a message out of nowhere that they are going to push a bugfix in next week (this week), what that means? End of the week? The month?

I've been threaten like a garbage, that's why I won't pay for any offer from now on. The team is a joke. I repeat, A JOKE! No one can even try to discuss this, because while it would cost them 2 minutes to simply write "we are working on it", I've received infraction, for using F bomb in combination with 3 paragraphs of text where I've done wrong.

Bottom line - no matter if you're using (paying) for their offers or you're completely free to play, you're nothing. It's all your problem mate. The game lags? Your problem. The game crashes? Yup, your problem. The game is not loading vital assets? Hahahah your problem dude!

I've never felt so overly neglected in all the games I've played so far, and as of now I simply don't care if they fix the problem or not. The game is playable, because I had almost all the resources cached, but next month, well Kabam don't need players, don't they?

And just to be clear, I'm not as much pissed because the slow resolving of the issue (more than 13 days as of now and it's still not resolved). I'm pissed because the way they handle it and the complete and utter lack of communication. Moderators editing posts day after day, after day, after day, even replying on character suggestion thread, but couldn't spare a stupid minute to tell us that they are working on the issue is just poor (insert some censored words here) handling of the issue.
    Roybot wrote: »

About the fire. I'm web developer myself. If there's an issue that the website (the game) is loading, but the images are not (the assets in the game), my phone would explode, EVEN if I'm not playing TFTF. Had an issue common to that 3 months ago. Got me woke up at 5 am and by 9 it was fixed, because I've had contractual obligations.

We are here, playing free, so that's their point - free game, you can't expect us to rush on fixing things.
    @ktomov I also feel like they don't actually care about the players. Again, I sent them an email (in addition to what I said in the review on their service) and nobody has bothered getting back to me. I've posted in this, and no moderators have checked it, likely because they don't care. As to them editing posts, I've been screenshotting anything I post here so that if they change anything to make me thank them or change what I said or anything at any point, I have proof that they are more worried about their image than actual aiding players and addressing their concerns. I haven't paid for any of their offers or anything because of things like this, and if Kabam ever wants me to pay they will have to prove that they are at the very least even capable of caring enough about their players to be bothered actually addressing their concerns, and compensating them adequately if Kabam messes up. I say this knowing fully that it will likely happen and if any Kabam moderators see this then they should simply take it as a sign that their players have lost faith in them, something they should have known already given there are some players actively boycotting them.
    Hey everyone, I guess Kabam fixed it finally. I just logged on and it was fine again. This is ridiculous that we haven't been able to play for 2 weeks. @Kabam Miike , any idea on if there will be compensation for those effected? This set me personally back a lot and I know plenty of players probably took a harder hit than I did from this. I had to ask my alliance leader to keep doing Alliance Missions without me so I can just attempt to catch up and I might not even be able to get the 4 star Scorponok I was aiming to get even with that extra time.
    I just played through the final mission of the spotlight and Scorponok's model is bugged still, but at least they managed to get the game playable again
  • I can also confirm that the missing assets issue I had is no longer a problem now. Thanks for the fix.
  • RoybotRoybot Posts: 5
    edited November 2018
    Works now for me too. Just in time for the arenas to end.