Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Who do we have playing??

DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
So many of us are regulars on this forum, and we know each other mostly by name and a basic snapshot of online personality..but who's behind the keyboard?
As for me, I'm in Texas, Soon to be in Australia Because I'm getting married to an Aussie girl.
I'm 42, a truck driver, ex submarine sailor and Navy sharpshooter, ex private security bodyguard, and as you've probably seen on occasion, I come by the name Shotgun quite naturally as I have a bit of a quick explosive temper.
I started watching Transformers when GoBots were the "cool" thing to have. I wasn't allowed to play with the boys because I didn't have a GoBot..I always thought them to he garbage.
So who else is on here?....no names please. We need some resemblance of anonymity.
Tagged:

Comments

• ToughTough Posts: 237
    Names toughnut, From california. My father Has his own trucking company. I’ve got a house down in san diego, Seattle and Sacramento. I Work under my father as CFO.

Fell in love with transformers after watching the first bayformers, never really watched the cartoon ones. Anyways. Looking forward to Bay Lockdown :)
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’m Windbee Prime in transformers forged to fight
    I live in Maine USA
    I’m going into my last year of high school very soon
    I’ve loved transformers since I was about 7 or 8 years old
    And I’ll never stop loving transformers
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Tough wrote: »
    Names toughnut, From california. My father Has his own trucking company. I’ve got a house down in san diego, Seattle and Sacramento. I Work under my father as CFO.

Fell in love with transformers after watching the first bayformers, never really watched the cartoon ones. Anyways. Looking forward to Bay Lockdown :)

Man I feel for your dad having to deal with trucking regulations in California...they're So hard on us. Almost like they don't want product there. I sat at a Walmart distribution facility waiting to be unloaded for 26 hours in Colton, CA. Not a happy day for my and my teammate.
  • This sounds like one of those meeting where people sit in a circle and talk about their problems lol. Anyways Im UrAverageMalaka, I’m from Australia and im in my last year of school (year 12) and i have loved Transformers ever since i was 3. Now i want to start getting into the IDW comics but i don’t know where to start lol.
  • This sounds like one of those meeting where people sit in a circle and talk about their problems lol. Anyways Im UrAverageMalaka, I’m from Australia and im in my last year of school (year 12) and i have loved Transformers ever since i was 3. Now i want to start getting into the IDW comics but i don’t know where to start lol.

Start with the Robots in Disguise comics. They focus on life after the war and the repopulation of Cybertron. Really amazing series. Also ties into the More than Meets the Eye series, focusing on Rodimus and the starship Lost Light.
  • SkBirdman wrote: »
    This sounds like one of those meeting where people sit in a circle and talk about their problems lol. Anyways Im UrAverageMalaka, I’m from Australia and im in my last year of school (year 12) and i have loved Transformers ever since i was 3. Now i want to start getting into the IDW comics but i don’t know where to start lol.

Start with the Robots in Disguise comics. They focus on life after the war and the repopulation of Cybertron. Really amazing series. Also ties into the More than Meets the Eye series, focusing on Rodimus and the starship Lost Light.
    Thanks man, I’ve heard really good reviews on MTMTE and RID and definitely would start on them. But what about the optimus prime comics and the all hail megatron ones? Are they any good?
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    edited November 2018
    Theyre good but once you start to get into the Miniseries stuff the timeline gets super convoluted. I liked All Hail Megatron but it felt really out of place against their first four Miniseries (Infiltration, Escalation etc) because the robot modes were pure G1 as opposed to the updated modes in the earlier comics, despite the move forward in the chronology. So Screamer was an F22 then reformatted to an F15 again......

The reason i recommended those series is that by the time they started with a regular monthly series theyd gotten themselves sorted and the stories are more cohesive and easier to follow.
    Theyre good but once you start to get into the Miniseries stuff the timeline gets super convoluted. I liked All Hail Megatron but it felt really out of place against their first four Miniseries (Infiltration, Escalation etc) because the robot modes were pure G1 as opposed to the updated modes in the earlier comics, despite the move forward in the chronology. So Screamer was an F22 then reformatted to an F15 again......

The reason i recommended those series is that by the time they started with a regular monthly series theyd gotten themselves sorted and the stories are more cohesive and easier to follow.
    Ok thanks man, thats some pretty good advice
  • @SkBirdman oh yeah and one more thing, you said you are in aus, if you are in Sydney, would you know any good shops that sell these comics?
  • @SkBirdman oh yeah and one more thing, you said you are in aus, if you are in Sydney, would you know any good shops that sell these comics?

Try Kings Comics in the CBD or The Comic shop in Liverpool.
    @SkBirdman oh yeah and one more thing, you said you are in aus, if you are in Sydney, would you know any good shops that sell these comics?

Try Kings Comics in the CBD or The Comic shop in Liverpool.
    Thanks for your help man, you are an absolute legend

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2018
    SparkShredder here, from Punjab, India. Teenager who Loves to be Technical Geek.
    Got into Transformer via Transformers : Prime.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited November 2018
    Hi all.
    I'm BlackRazak, a 37yr old currently alternating between Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Jakarta (Indonesia), London (UK) and Singapore.
    Was introduced to TF as a boy of 3, by my dad, when he gifted me REFLECTOR in 1984 after a Japanese business trip.
    Loved TF ever since!
    Started reading via the Peter & Jane style TF books, then graduated to the Marvel comics TF mini digests found in bookshops of that era.
    Consumed and loved everything TF (including Japanese Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory) up till Beast Wars 2.
    Consultant for Mergers, Acquisitions and Solutions for O&G, Energy and Industrial firms.

Have a love/HATE/REALLY HATE relationship with Bayformers.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Ingame name - V 3 N Ø M
    18 from Delhi, India , still in highschool last year lol i know, because of late admission
    Got into transformers via Bayverse
    Also didnt know anything about G1 and BW until someone in global told me that
    Watched whole G1 , loved it and now i hate micheal bay too lol. I love to be social and yeah i can make anyone a friend in no time😂😂
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited November 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    So many of us are regulars on this forum, and we know each other mostly by name and a basic snapshot of online personality..but who's behind the keyboard?
    As for me, I'm in Texas, Soon to be in Australia Because I'm getting married to an Aussie girl.
    I'm 42, a truck driver, ex submarine sailor and Navy sharpshooter, ex private security bodyguard, and as you've probably seen on occasion, I come by the name Shotgun quite naturally as I have a bit of a quick explosive temper.
    I started watching Transformers when GoBots were the "cool" thing to have. I wasn't allowed to play with the boys because I didn't have a GoBot..I always thought them to he garbage.
    So who else is on here?....no names please. We need some resemblance of anonymity.

Sounds like we have lived parallel lives. I an native American from the deep woods in Vermont who is 45 and a ex sniper in the army rangers went to private security after I got out i also drove truck as an owner op after my dad retired he gave me his rig which led to more peaceful days, after that retook up my pre army job as a chef till I met my British wife and relocated to the UK we have 7 kids so as yea can imagine I'm ftp mainly lol I was a fan of transformers from when if came out in the early 80's 82 or 83 was it?
  • Jazz444 wrote: »
    I live in Maine USA

Hey! I just fought u yesterday in arena, lol.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    edited November 2018
    I'm Bodyopus79 in game as well. Basically, [Removed by Mod] think up something TF related.
    Im 39 and live in las vegas.
    Always a diehard TF fan. When other kids were all about he-man, star wars, hot wheels, w/e... I always remained a hardcore TF fanboy.
  • This is a great thread! I enjoy seeing the personalized side of our Commanders. It is very cool to see the variety of people that still love and enjoy the spirit of Transformers and the game!
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Hey everyone,

I’m 44. Lived in the USA for 20 years, came here via Canada. Currently work as an Oil Exec.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    I'm 32 going on 45. Recently retired from the us army medically. Back got all messed up lol. Continuing my education in college atm but enjoying every minute s I enjoy school married with 2 kids and grew up watching transformers and beast wars.
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I’m 44. Lived in the USA for 20 years, came here via Canada. Currently work as an Oil Exec.

This explains those ultra powerful bots:) Sweet paychecks lol
    Need a bodyguard?
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Hey everyone,

Need a bodyguard?

It’s my escape from the pressures of life.

• Technobot is both my forum name and in-game name. East Coast United States, been a fan of the TV series since it debuted in 1984 when I was 11. Watched G1, Beast Wars/Machines, Robots in Disguise (2001), the Unicron Trilogy (Armada, Energon, and Cybertron), the Bay Movies, Prime, a little bit of the updated Robots in Disguise (2015 series), the Prime Wars Trilogy, and now watching a little bit of Cyberverse. I chose the Technobot name in honor of the only combiner team I ever collected (still have them all, and I can still form Computron). My nephew plays the game, and my son was playing the game, but has now taken a break from it.
    Hey everyone,

Need a bodyguard?

Man I can relate. I was a big spender when I drive over the road. It was my one and only escape and entertainment.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Hey everyone,

Need a bodyguard?

Man I can relate. I was a big spender when I drive over the road. It was my one and only escape and entertainment.

I just have nothing else to entertain me, I adore transformers and need entertainment, two birds with one stone.
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I live in Maine USA

Hey! I just fought u yesterday in arena, lol.

Lol awesome buddy
    SparkShredder here, from Punjab, India. Teenager who Loves to be Technical Geek.
    Got into Transformer via Transformers : Prime.

I just fought against you in the arena yesterday lol