Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

G1 Megatron vs g1 prime

Which is better

G1 Megatron vs g1 prime 25 votes

R4 4* g1 prime
52%
KillMasterCDrShotgunHbomb76JmdBumblebee254Optima1PVavatronPhatBoy123Jazz444OptimalOptimus_MV1Sycko5Vanjielightningbaron 13 votes
R1 5* g1 Megatron
48%
French_BakerBumblebeeserdoodAnakinPrimeDaveJLNemesisUnknownBlack_ThoughtMonrogue_xSlayerCeltScarredArachnid333ktomov 12 votes

Comments

• R4 4* g1 prime
    Og prime is THE best bot and tactician. It is likely the 5 star Megatron is unduped and the OG prime may be. Megatron is only really good duped. Also a r1 5 star is equal to a r4 4 star. Use OG prime
  • R1 5* g1 Megatron
    Megatron. Give him a long fight, and he will take his opponents wallet, shoes, keys and whatever else he wants to use against them.
  • R4 4* g1 prime
    Megatron. Give him a long fight, and he will take his opponents wallet, shoes, keys and whatever else he wants to use against them.

No! Use OG prime. Give him a long fight and he will do lots of damage with armor break and bleeds. Also that 5 star Megatron has a high chance to be unduped so it would be worse than g1 prime. Use g1 prime over 5 star Megatron
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998

No! Use OG prime. Give him a long fight and he will do lots of damage with armor break and bleeds. Also that 5 star Megatron has a high chance to be unduped so it would be worse than g1 prime. Use g1 prime over 5 star Megatron

G1 Meg doesn't need to be duped to be useful. His buff steal isn't what make him so deadly. Prime is the more straight forward bot but Meg IS the better bot for more complicated fights (like with mods). Against AM Primal, I have to play careful when using Prime where once I fused the shock and armor break with Megs, I just watch Primal melt away.

Prime does has better synergies. Between a 5* or 4*, I would lean towards 4*. If OP is able to level a 5* easily, OP wouldn't be asking this question.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    R4 4* g1 prime
    They're both trash because they aren't Warpath, but Prime is the better trash.
  • R4 4* g1 prime
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    They're both trash because they aren't Warpath, but Prime is the better trash.

Prime Is superior to warpath
  • R4 4* g1 prime
    Voltron wrote: »

G1 Meg doesn't need to be duped to be useful. His buff steal isn't what make him so deadly. Prime is the more straight forward bot but Meg IS the better bot for more complicated fights (like with mods). Against AM Primal, I have to play careful when using Prime where once I fused the shock and armor break with Megs, I just watch Primal melt away.

Prime does has better synergies. Between a 5* or 4*, I would lean towards 4*. If OP is able to level a 5* easily, OP wouldn't be asking this question.

Who said meg does better in complicated bots? Sure sure. But optimus can do the same IF not be better at it. God at Rok and ROTK and such. Does well in am
  • Any one is a good choice, both equal for status. It also depends on your team. If you have shockwave, starscream, Galvatron, soundwave, megatronus (you don’t need all of them) then megatron is the best for you. If you have/ use ratchet, jazz etc then use prime. Who is a better base bot? In would say megatron. Who have the better synergy and who does more damage? I’d say prime.
  • French_BakerFrench_Baker Posts: 34
    edited November 2018
    R1 5* g1 Megatron
    On his own, with a high Signature, Optimus is pretty darn good. With an Autobot team, Optimus Prime is the best bot in the game.

Megatron is just great. He has the same ability as Optimus Prime’s Sp3 but for every debuff he generates. Megatron also has some great offensive Synergies for Decepticons.

Optimus Prime seems to be trying to end his opponent as fast as possible. Megatron’s play style is very thematic, it feels like he is really taking his time and enjoying it.

Who said meg does better in complicated bots? Sure sure. But optimus can do the same IF not be better at it. God at Rok and ROTK and such. Does well in am

sure sure
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    You’ll do great with either.

They can both kill just about anything, I prefer prime simply for the healing synergy. That’s because I’m a total noob though.
  • R4 4* g1 prime
    G1 prime works better. Enough said
  • R1 5* g1 Megatron
    Combiner Wars Megatron for me. Only picking him since I don't have 4* CW Optimus Prime 😂 I've been so unlucky with getting him in the 4* Crystal pool.
  • One other thing. I find Megatron more fun to play. I just love seeing that i have stolen a 300% melee buff and just raining 12K crits on specials. Also i love seeing that i have stolen roft megatrons sig or soundwave’s reflect range sig. Last thing, once you have activated and fused a special 3, you can just win a fight without taking a hit
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited November 2018
    R4 4* g1 prime
    Optimus is the best bot for everything. Good ability and synergies. It doesn't HAVE to have a high sig because you could crit multiple and bleed a lot. Very solid and amazing bot. better than megatron
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited November 2018
    @OptimalOptimus_MV1 We get it, you don’t have to keep drilling it in everyones heads. Understand the word opinion. People have different playstyles. That is what i like about this game, everyone doesn’t have to be the same character to win. You couldn’t respect anyone’s opinion’s in the other thread, don’t start in this one. You like Optimus better. Others like playing megatron better. Just leave it at that

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @UrAverageMalaka

Nuff said
    jhpy7viyoqp4.jpg
    5up6kh0xjwzi.jpg

I love G1 Prime's Damage and SP2.
    But Megatron (despite LAME SP3) has REACH.
  • @BlackRazak you are right about Primes SP2. So satisfying seeing those 7K yellow crits when that sp2 connects
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited November 2018
    @BlackRazak you are right about Primes SP2. So satisfying seeing those 7K yellow crits when that sp2 connects

For someone who has 'anti-matter' and 'blackhole energy tech' Megatron's SP2 & 3 are just plain SAD.

Am i the only one who thinks Megs G1 and Galvatron (also maybe Cyclonus) don't match up whatsoever with their canon powerset?

Prime could also benefit from a 'Matrix blast' for an SP3, instead of that twirling thing with his energon axe. Yanno, like his darn toy.

Buff Megs G1.
    Buff Prime G1's SP3.
    Buff Galvatron's SP1 and armor.
    Buff Hound's SPs.
    Easy fixes which even Capcom managed on a 16bit, 4Mb catridge!
    edited November 2018
    @OptimalOptimus_MV1 We get it, you don’t have to keep drilling it in everyones heads. Understand the word opinion. People have different playstyles. That is what i like about this game, everyone doesn’t have to be the same character to win. You couldn’t respect anyone’s opinion’s in the other thread, don’t start in this one. You like Optimus better. Others like playing megatron better. Just leave it at that

I don't think he know how to use Megs or have him..hence his ignorance. Most of us that played both bots know that both are extremely useful and it really depends on the situation and how you like to play for that fight. Megs vs. OG Prime is like the IH/Gal best demo discussion (before Tronus came aboard).
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    R4 4* g1 prime
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @UrAverageMalaka

Nuff said
    jhpy7viyoqp4.jpg
    5up6kh0xjwzi.jpg

I love G1 Prime's Damage and SP2.
    But Megatron (despite LAME SP3) has REACH.

BEGONE THOTTIMUS PRIME
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited November 2018
    R4 4* g1 prime

I don't think he know how to use Megs or have him..hence his ignorance. Most of us that played both bots know that both are extremely useful and it really depends on the situation and how you like to play for that fight. Megs vs. OG Prime is like the IH/Gal best demo discussion (before Tronus came aboard).

Who said I was ignorant? I have played with Megatron and love him. He is
    so good. But g1 prime is better. Don't call someone ignorant if you don't know they Have played with the bot

Who said I was ignorant? I have played with Megatron and love him. He is
    so good. But g1 prime is better. Don't call someone ignorant if you don't know they Have played with the bot

okay, you're right on that...So Meg is so good huh? B)
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited November 2018
    R1 5* g1 Megatron
    Optimus is the best bot for everything. Good ability and synergies. It doesn't HAVE to have a high sig because you could crit multiple and bleed a lot. Very solid and amazing bot. better than megatron

I for one prefer Megatron over Optimus. If you use him right, you can defeat almost every bot. His Armor/Damage debuffs work a magic, even if you are in class disadvantage. Hit sp2 and fuse it and you're in the win. Optimus does quite a lot of damage, but you can't make his armor brakes permament and this is important in lots of fights.

Also, I prefer long ranged fights and Megatron clearly have advantage over that, so at the end of the day - you can't say who's better, because it clearly depends on what the person behind the device prefer.
    ktomov wrote: »
    I for one prefer Megatron over Optimus. If you use him right, you can defeat almost every bot. His Armor/Damage debuffs work a magic, even if you are in class disadvantage. Hit sp2 and fuse it and you're in the win. Optimus does quite a lot of damage, but you can't make his armor brakes permament and this is important in lots of fights.

Also, I prefer long ranged fights and Megatron clearly have advantage over that, so at the end of the day - you can't say who's better, because it clearly depends on what the person behind the device prefer.

OGP does..his sp3 gives a permanent armor break but yes Megs has more tools for a variety of fights. My fav is when I fuse all 3 debuffs on AM Primal. If you want to just punch it out, Prime is the guy.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    R1 5* g1 Megatron
    OGP does..his sp3 gives a permanent armor break but yes Megs has more tools for a variety of fights. My fav is when I fuse all 3 debuffs on AM Primal. If you want to just punch it out, Prime is the guy.

Completely forgot about his sp3 as I rarely use it. Even with it, on my playing style Megatron fits better.
  • R1 5* g1 Megatron
    I vote OG megatron. Get him duped and he’s a god. Plus he’s a 5* so that’s the way ahead anyways.
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    R4 4* g1 prime
    "One shall stand, one shall fall"

Megs went insane and became Galvy
    Optimus came back to life. Then was killed again by Megatronus. Then came back to life. Optimus NEVER dies.

Megs died. But he died with honor.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    R4 4* g1 prime
    While I feel Megatron is a better bot, a 4* is way more useful than a 5* if t3s don't come easily for you...and Prime is a heavy hitter no matter how you swing it.
  • R4 4* g1 prime
    I vote OG megatron. Get him duped and he’s a god. Plus he’s a 5* so that’s the way ahead anyways.

Wow. A 5 STAR at r1 is a rank 4 4 star bot so it doesn't matter. Only thing different is leadership synergies. Get PRIME duped and he's a god. Plus he's a better bot anyways