Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

New content please Kabam

I don't really post much on here but as I have seen many posts about Kabam's lack of interest in the game, I thought I start a post.

Kabam just let us know if you are ever going to put new content in the game (Act 4, different game modes, sorting out the relics on the bases - different sets for different game modes etc, etc)

Next month is the make or break month, no new content or the game is dead (Many people will quit the game)

Comments

• Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    edited November 2018
    1. I'm still here
    2. I'll always be here
    3. I want any of our probably good suggestions to be made to fruition
    - Any problems can be discussed and perfected later on
    4. Yes, I want an Act 4
    5. We need more fembots. I am a teenage MALE and I'm saying we need more fembots (I know this is generalistic and my views will be different, but I am speaking in generalities to emphasize the severity of the situation)
    6. The leave of a player is his/her own decision and may have the best intentions. However, people need to realize that Kabam as a whole is attempting to appeal to all its branches, and cannot focus on Forged to Fight alone. I am honestly content with how the game is so far because I have a lot to learn in terms of strategy, useful items, and am yet to max out my bot collection.

A tip for the newbies: Always Forge a duplicate bot of a lower tier. It keeps the collection tidy.
  • ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    Plenty of people have already asked these questions and made very similar threads. Why do you think Kabam will answer your thread over any of the others?
  • Ænigma wrote: »
    Plenty of people have already asked these questions and made very similar threads. Why do you think Kabam will answer your thread over any of the others?

Always critiquing others comments dude why don’t you do something constructive at least he’s asking the question and I whole heartedly agree spam kabam until they give us some answers.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Whatever happens, I'll be here to turn the lights off in the end
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Optima1P wow just wow
    It's sad seeing FANS literally begging devs to continue developing what has become an escape from life's pressures. A SUPPOSED PLEASURE.

I FEEL THE SAME.
    i think with what we've put into f2f, be it money, EFFORT OR EMOTION, we eat least deserve better communication from the powers be.
    I keep hearing about MCOC, and their rapid Q&A regarding anything.

And here i am pathetically compiling a DATABASE of DEVICES THAT WORK.
  • FlyerFlyer Posts: 24
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Not pathetic at all. Instead i admire your dedication on creating the database. Some players might not think usefull but somehow it created awareness about the hardware we choose to play tftf. Keep up the good work.
  • AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    Well, personally, at this time im totally fine with current montly content.
    I can fully explore easy-Hard and first chapter of Expert, win 4* bot
    If they launch Act 4 it will be unbeatable for me, since Acts has no difficulty slider.
    It such a pain in MCoC, when all montly quests stories links with main storyline, Act 6 is coming and you can't even scratch Act 5, maybe for year or longer.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited November 2018
    Annatar wrote: »
    Well, personally, at this time im totally fine with current montly content.
    I can fully explore easy-Hard and first chapter of Expert, win 4* bot
    If they launch Act 4 it will be unbeatable for me, since Acts has no difficulty slider.
    It such a pain in MCoC, when all montly quests stories links with main storyline, Act 6 is coming and you can't even scratch Act 5, maybe for year or longer.

Current format is fine for amateurs/intermediate players like us.

But an Act 4 is ESSENTIAL to PLACATE the PROS.

And grinding into oblivion/samey-ness isn't particularly healthy, either, with OG players constantly whelping the end is nigh.
    What a bummer for motivation.

A simple monthly/bi-monthly/yearly schedule (tentative) by Kabam would do WONDERS for morale!

AND BETTER COMMUNICATION
  • JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    Stick around and you’ll see new content.
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Really Joust, when then??
  • Optima1P wrote: »
    1. I'm still here
    2. I'll always be here
    4. Yes, I want an Act 4
    5. We need more fembots. I am a teenage MALE and I'm saying we need more fembots (I know this is generalistic and my views will be different, but I am speaking in generalities to emphasize the severity of the situation)
    6. The leave of a player is his/her own decision and may have the best intentions. However, people need to realize that Kabam as a whole is attempting to appeal to all its branches, and cannot focus on Forged to Fight alone. I am honestly content with how the game is so far because I have a lot to learn in terms of strategy, useful items, and am yet to max out my bot collection.

A tip for the newbies: Always Forge a duplicate bot of a lower tier. It keeps the collection tidy.

We only need more fembots if they are good bots, not just bots just because they are female. Case and point, Airrazor and Black Arachnia are great bots, who need to be here, there gender means nothing. Chromia seems trash, as well as most of the other G1 female bots. The newer G1 females seem to be decent..
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Kabam's recent definition of new content are the money deals they offer every 48 hours.

Honestly, the mods get what we're feeling and I feel bad for them. If the expression of "don't shoot the messenger" were applied here, all of the mods would look like Swiss cheese.

Have you noticed they just close threads down now without posting any reason why. It's basically the equivalent of running into a hail of gunfire to flip a switch and then run back to the cover of safety at the MCOC forum.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    Kabam's recent definition of new content are the money deals they offer every 48 hours.

Honestly, the mods get what we're feeling and I feel bad for them. If the expression of "don't shoot the messenger" were applied here, all of the mods would look like Swiss cheese.

Have you noticed they just close threads down now without posting any reason why. It's basically the equivalent of running into a hail of gunfire to flip a switch and then run back to the cover of safety at the MCOC forum.

I agree. While we can't blame the mods for lack of content, we can ride them for lack of communication. It's a conundrum because, the mods do their jobs by updating us when new stuff is coming, BUT, their reality is that the devs are not working on TFTF. So what are the mods supposed to communicate? "Sorry but the devs don't have time for proper development of this game, so you'll get what you get, and don't pitch a fit."
    Yeah I've already made my peace with the fate of the game. We can't be any clearer with what we want to see in terms of new content and frankly I'm tired of shouting at brick walls.

The mods have basically telegraphed the messages to us about Kabam's plans for the game without overtly telling it at this point.

I think looking at it retrospectively that the one-year anniversary from 7 months ago was really the end. After that it's just been minor additions being added here and there to try and stem the attrition rate and make some money. Their bag of tricks for stemming that attrition is pretty much spent though, with T3A and playable Megatronus now out of that bag. Those two things alone without new content has left a huge imbalance in the game. I also think the mods are just tired of trying to cover for the development team and bean counters.

I'd be very interested in looking at a post-mortem of the game though to see where Kabam made the wrong turns on a triple-A game that should've been a resounding success. Their marketing (or lack thereof) feels like the primary culprit in my mind, but I'm sure there were other factors unseen to the player-base.
  • GrooGroo Posts: 163
    They’ll probably blame it on us players, we’re whining too much, or we’re colluding, or stuff like that :/
  • Groo wrote: »
    They’ll probably blame it on us players, we’re whining too much, or we’re colluding, or stuff like that :/

Nah, you will be able to trace it back to the Corporation, and bad decisions made at the upper levels. The more people that have to "get paid" in a corporation, the more strain you have placed on the workers, and eventually the workers are crushed by the overhead.
    I know that it's definitely helped Contest of Champions to have a brand like Marvel giving it continuous visibility. You'll find an ad for the game in almost every single Marvel product they put out, even the garbage ones. That's a lot of visibility. They're in almost every comic Marvel puts out too, which is a lot. At its height, Transformers had at most 4 comics coming out on a monthly basis, and that was before FTF even came out.

Then there's Hasbro itself. They dumped all their money into securing the toy license of another too-big-to-fail franchise that has run aground, thanks to the inept captaining of one Kathleen Kennedy and her unsolicited identity politics.

All Hasbro has to show for it now is a bunch of dusty Rey, Jyn, and Rose Tico merch sitting in bargain basement stores with 75% off price tags on them. So all of Hasbro's attention is focused on trying to staunch the bloody nose they got from that to care for marketing TFTF (go to their website, you won't even see any mention of it there and they never once put an ad for it in an IDW comic).

If the new Bumblebee movie truly revitalizes the Transformers brand, that might help other Transformers games in the future, but it may be too late for this one unless Hasbro can find a developer to buy it and give it the attention it needs.
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    Optima1P wrote: »
    1. I'm still here
    2. I'll always be here
    4. Yes, I want an Act 4

We only need more fembots if they are good bots, not just bots just because they are female. Case and point, Airrazor and Black Arachnia are great bots, who need to be here, there gender means nothing. Chromia seems trash, as well as most of the other G1 female bots. The newer G1 females seem to be decent..

@MeatShield72 I can understand that
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Optima1P wow just wow
    It's sad seeing FANS literally begging devs to continue developing what has become an escape from life's pressures. A SUPPOSED PLEASURE.

I FEEL THE SAME.
    i think with what we've put into f2f, be it money, EFFORT OR EMOTION, we eat least deserve better communication from the powers be.
    I keep hearing about MCOC, and their rapid Q&A regarding anything.

@BlackRazak I think a similar problem was happening with several MCoC players that is happening to us right now. I don't play it (I only did for a while) anymore. What I realized was Kabam improved the fighting mechanics in light of MCoC's static single-line combat, whereas FTF has full 360 dodging and projectiles. But then maybe MCoC players complained about not having enough attention b/c of FTF, so Kabam would focus on them more. The story plot is basically the same (warriors across all dimensions and time have their free will taken for the amusement of a third party), but the contrast is Marvel has been in the multiverse business with much more interest in THE COMICS ALONE, whereas TF only used brief appearances of future timelines, The Beast Era, Shattered Glass, crossovers etc. that not a lot of small-time fans recognize. This is the potential strength but current weakness of FTF. Not as many fans know about alternate Transformer universes as Marvell fans for their multiverse.

I honestly think Megatronus could have been built up for so much longer, having him only as an ambush character or having an occasional boss fight in Spotlight Missions, but instead was flushed out to keep fans happy. It all really started when G1 Megatron and GS Bumblebee came out, as we were getting previously unreleased G1 characters that everybody knew instead of ambiguous ones, like Ramjet or Mixmaster. The only exceptions that can be made are BW Characters, as the cast was very small but very memorable.

GS Bee could have been released into the PBC a long time ago as a request by so many people about a month after his crystal release. But Kabam said "no" making him the first bot to be excluded from the PBC. They could have made fans happy and put him in there so their interest in the game wouldn't waver, but went ahead and just released the next bot.

Then in another attempt to make fans happy, they release 5-Stars, just so people could feel as if they had even more power, and so Energon Chip Bundles could be bought to get closer to 1M Chips to buy a 5-Star. Did it work? I don't know.

Then they pulled out their god card and brought in Megatronus, with the same purpose as the 5-Stars. And after WAY TOO LONG they release Scorponok.

My solution (it isn't permanent):
    1. Flush out an entire dimension over the span of the months, rather than jumping back and forth between G1, Movieverse, G1, Movieverse, BW, repeat.
    2. Every other month, give a character that is a little more ambiguous than most, as to stir interest in others who don't know it.
    3. In, say, a six-to-eight-month cycle, introduce another bot, BUT, from another dimension not previously introduced. (e.g. Unicron Trilogy, Aligned, etc)
    4. Introduce new dynamic mechanics (Like combiners) from your own creativity, OR, take ideas from specific players, acknowledge them on the forum, give them an in-game "thank you" for the idea (in the mailbox)
    5. Put GS Bee in the PBC. Just do it. It'll make fans happy
    6. Get Unicron and Primus mixed up in this mess. Just reference them as if it were part of a bigger scheme (like you did with Megatronus, but make it longer. Like, WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY longer).

But overall, TAKE OUR SUGGESTIONS. They are plausible. They can work with modification. We don't care how bad it can be at first, because that's what updates are for.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    ... and if you point them out on being lazy, which they ARE, they will take your post down for being ‘non constructive’... it’s called constructive criticism.. take the truth and learn from it
  • Kitten wrote: »
    ... and if you point them out on being lazy, which they ARE, they will take your post down for being ‘non constructive’... it’s called constructive criticism.. take the truth and learn from it

I mean, there's a difference between criticism and constructive criticism. Calling somebody "lazy" isn't constructive. There have been some constructive threads on this subject, and those remain up because they follow the forum rules.
  • Kitten wrote: »

They already did it. Miike gave me a "heads-up" a few mins ago... Also, expect this post to be brought down as well. At this point, I don't even care anymore.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    But why wait for a movie to come? The last 3 were terrible. If we went by movies equaling game players then wed already have none. This game is based off so much more than the movies. One movie good or bad shouldn't be what keeps or kills this game.
  • We're stuck with the same splashscreen and loading screen for ages. I can't take it anymore. The worse thing that can happen is not witness the slow death of a game, but yes witness the fact the responsible personel for the game is doing absolutely nothing to stop it from dying.
  • JOUST wrote: »
    Stick around and you’ll see new content.

Unlikely.
    Moose wrote: »
    They’ve just mailed it in and are milking every cent they can get for the least amount of work now. Expect nothing new again. Their last gasp is trying to hold out for the new movie and hope that brings in new players and spenders.

^ This. Like I said above, to see the fate of the game, you have to pay attention to what they're saying by looking at what they're not saying. The mods aren't going to tell you the game is dead; they'd get fired that day for saying that.

A prime example of this just occurred in this thread. I mean the whole thread is full of "Kabam answer us about new content" responses but the only response given by a mod in this whole thread addressed only the issue of their character being impugned (and it's a just response; like I said, all the messengers are pretty much Swiss cheese at this point).

But yeah, I think it's safe to say things are winding down here. Unless Bumblebee drastically changes the demographics of the game, it'll probably be a miracle if the game limps across the 2-year anniversary finish line (at least under Kabam's watch; I seriously hope a motivated buyer will emerge to right the ship though and that Hasbro will work more closely with them on marketing the game).

And if that doesn't happen and the game dies then at least there will be a lot of thrilled wives and girlfriends out there celebrating lol.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    And if that doesn't happen and the game dies then at least there will be a lot of thrilled wives and girlfriends out there celebrating lol.

I wonder if they all banded together to take down the game?
  • It's already a miracle Miike just decided to just swing by and this thread wasn't yet closed by any moderator.
    Never underestimate the collective power of scorned women.