Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Tired of people complaing about NanoJack / Megatronous on RR

I’ve seen numerous people complain about this and not exactly sure what all the fuss is about. I’ve gone against both in raids constantly and have NO problem what so ever taking them both out. My raiding group consist of
R5 4*megatrounus
R4 4* nano jack
R5 4* grimlock

And I’m able to take down 26k bases with a total offense rating of 10k so still lost on all the fuss! Can someone please tell me what I’m missing. If anyone want proof have no problem posting videos of how it’s done!

Comments

• Options
    McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    Ps sorry about the misspelling of the word complaining trying to type while it’s 10 degrees out waiting for an EL is a lot more difficult than it looks ! Ha!
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I wouldn’t be shocked if you could take out 50k bases with that squad.

Nano-jack is fundamentally broken, you get a full minute of being invulnerable. It’s not facing him that’s the problem, it’s using him. He’s a great survivor even with out nano repair, that mastery just makes him broken.

For robo tronus he’s just annoying because you can’t force him to use a sp3, no one struggles beating him though.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    HA-Nanojack and Robotronus first make raids interesting and increase the chance of successful defense, then everybody's raid squad begins to concentrate to two sets: 1. the Zoo team; 2. Duped Grimlock and Nanojack + Cyclonus/Megatronus. Other bots just are out of the equation and the raids again become repetitive and boring: the only difference being your ability to fight 1 or 2 Robotronus with a single Rhinox/Nanojack.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2018
    #tiredofpeoplecomplainingaboutpeoplecomplainingaboutnanojackbecausereasons
  • Options
    Kenny wrote: »

Nano-jack is fundamentally broken, you get a full minute of being invulnerable. It’s not facing him that’s the problem, it’s using him. He’s a great survivor even with out nano repair, that mastery just makes him broken.

For robo tronus he’s just annoying because you can’t force him to use a sp3, no one struggles beating him though.

Maybe I’m still missing the fundamental broken aspect? How is he any different from Rachet who can continually rebuild health? And as you mentioned I understand yes he is sort of invulnerability for 1 min but it’s really not, as long as your using a bot that can cause Burn, dark burn, bleed , shock.
  • Options
    It's only a problem when you come up against 40-50k bases with 4 and 5s Megatronous on Power nodes, and 4 and 5s WJ on HA. Anything below 40k is a walkover
  • Options
    McBusket wrote: »

Maybe I’m still missing the fundamental broken aspect? How is he any different from Rachet who can continually rebuild health? And as you mentioned I understand yes he is sort of invulnerability for 1 min but it’s really not, as long as your using a bot that can cause Burn, dark burn, bleed , shock.

Being invincible and repairing health are two different things. Ratchet can still die, I’ve taken a 25k sp1 from primal in the am with him. Trust me my ratchet doesn’t even have 20k health, straight k.o. Nanojack on the other hand would have capped the damage taking him down to 76% hp, no more no less.

This is why nanojack is funamentally broken, unless your trying to die, you just don’t. While other healers such as ratchet require skill because there is no way to garuntee that you’ll actually survive the next incoming hit.

Once nano repair wares off the skill cap required to keep Wheeljack alive goes up a little, but on his own he’s still an amazing survivor.

Aside from that most fights take less than 3 mins, so being invincible for a whole minute is a huge chunk of the fight. This is why I think nanojack is broken.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited November 2018

Being invincible and repairing health are two different things. Ratchet can still die, I’ve taken a 25k sp1 from primal in the am with him. Trust me my ratchet doesn’t even have 20k health, straight k.o. Nanojack on the other hand would have capped the damage taking him down to 76% hp, no more no less.

This is why nanojack is funamentally broken, unless your trying to die, you just don’t. While other healers such as ratchet require skill because there is no way to garuntee that you’ll actually survive the next incoming hit.

Once nano repair wares off the skill cap required to keep Wheeljack alive goes up a little, but on his own he’s still an amazing survivor.

Aside from that most fights take less than 3 mins, so being invincible for a whole minute is a huge chunk of the fight. This is why I think nanojack is broken.

My Wheeljack would disagree with you on this one. There are plenty of bots that bypass his shielding outright (Galvatron, Megatronus, Cyclonus, Motormaster's sp3,) and any bot using DoT effects or nullify will ruin your day, especially in high-level AM. Trust me, he's not invincible.

I'm also one of the guys with a 40k+ base and my Nanojack is no match for a DoT bot/nullifying/dark burn bot. They just plow right through him.
  • Options
    Who/what is nanojack?
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    26k bases. That’s piss easy.. try taking 50k gojuanes bases with RR tronus ;)
  • Options
    ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    xJamesss wrote: »
    Also ratchet could last longer on base with higher sig, but there is no 5* yet

There are 5* ratchets now as of last week.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    If NanoJack goes, I’m gonna need a 5 Star Generic Awakening, Rank Down Tickets and 20+ Generic 5 Star Sigs... just saying.
  • Options
    Vavatron wrote: »
    If NanoJack goes, I’m gonna need a 5 Star Generic Awakening, Rank Down Tickets and 20+ Generic 5 Star Sigs... just saying.

That's nice. You probably won't get it though.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Ænigma wrote: »

That's nice. You probably won't get it though.

I’ve learned that if you complain a lot, threaten cheating, and then complain some more, Kabam will reverse it for you.
  • Options
    Ænigma wrote: »
    Also ratchet could last longer on base with higher sig, but there is no 5* yet

There are 5* ratchets now as of last week.
    How many, super rare

I only know Vavatron got one. Not sure who else but he can't be the only one.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    3xku1xhjrc0d.jpeg

Like he said, there’s more than a few floating around I’m sure.

My buddy spun and got MM, SS, and Blaster.
  • Options
    3xku1xhjrc0d.jpeg

Like he said, there’s more than a few floating around I’m sure.

My buddy spun and got MM, SS, and Blaster.

I'm still so jealous of that WB!! I need her so badly... I got a damn RJ :'(
  • Options
    Synthwave wrote: »

My Wheeljack would disagree with you on this one. There are plenty of bots that bypass his shielding outright (Galvatron, Megatronus, Cyclonus, Motormaster's sp3,) and any bot using DoT effects or nullify will ruin your day, especially in high-level AM. Trust me, he's not invincible.

I'm also one of the guys with a 40k+ base and my Nanojack is no match for a DoT bot/nullifying/dark burn bot. They just plow right through him.

Very valid point. Maybe saying he’s invincible is a little far fetched, but how often do you take damage that bypasses his shield?

My guess is not very often unless your fighting bonecactus.

• Options
    But the final point is people kicking and screaming saying nanojack is broken blah blah blah. It’s really not broken he plays the way he’s supposed to. And we as players still have to play him at the appropriate time against the appropriate bots. It’s no different than using any other bot.
  • Options
    But the final point is people kicking and screaming saying nanojack is broken blah blah blah. It’s really not broken he plays the way he’s supposed to. And we as players still have to play him at the appropriate time against the appropriate bots. It’s no different than using any other bot.

We get it, we’re all in the wrong for having a differing opinion blah blah blah. Kabam isn’t going to change him no matter how much we complain, blah blah blah. We’ll complain anyways because blah blah blah.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Very valid point. Maybe saying he’s invincible is a little far fetched, but how often do you take damage that bypasses his shield?

My Grimlock takes him out no issue.
  • Options

How do you fight your own grimlock?
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I’m saying bots like grimlock burn through nanojack easily.

I’m saying nanojack is easy to tear through with very little advanced planning
  • Options

I’m saying bots like grimlock burn through nanojack easily.

I’m saying nanojack is easy to tear through with very little advanced planning

My entire side of it was when your playing as him, not against him. Anyone can dance around for a minute or dot damage him out.
  • Options
    Robotronus is a bit of an issue because yoh can't bait a special out of him. Bastard just doesn't wanna use anything but a an S3 which will kill you outright or leave you very crippled. Your only chance are bots that have power control like prowl
  • Options
    Robotronus is a bit of an issue because yoh can't bait a special out of him. Bastard just doesn't wanna use anything but a an S3 which will kill you outright or leave you very crippled. Your only chance are bots that have power control like prowl

Nanojack wrecks him :tongue:
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    The issue isn't so much the specific combinations. The issue for me, is that certain combinations are so much more powerful than others. Initially, it was BC/Harm or Grindor/UM. These combinations were so strong that everyone put them in their bases.

Now we see it with Nanojack/Harm and Megatronus/RR. Yes, there are counters, but it's making almost every base look the same.

My issue with this whole affair, is that the play balance is so out of kilter, that many mods/bots/combos are never used, because they're completely ineffective. I think other mods/bots/combos need to be tweaked, so that we see variety on bases. That would make raiding interesting and a cerebral challenge, rather than plodding through expected combos with your set raid team.

Since these combos became effective, I need to send the same 2 bots to raids to stand a chance, only giving me one spot to experiment. That, to me, is very boring and sucks all of the fun out of raiding.

How much fun would birthdays be if you got the same gifts every year, or would we watch sport if the strongest teams always won their matches? Variety and surprises are interesting and fun.

I favour an overhaul. An interesting idea would to give optional paths through a raid. One path has a set bot and mod, while the other has a pool of say 3 bots/mods. The computer will randomly assign one of the bot/mod combos for you to fight, but similarly your attacking bot will be randomly assigned. You can either go with the overpowered bot/mod, or spin the roulette wheel! I figure the group of 3 are less likely to be the best bots/mods, as people will want to assign them on the 'certain' path.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Couldn't have said better @Nutjob , but there really isn't much we can expect. You know, the Nanojack and RR-tronus tricks are recently discovered and make the raid defense less a joke (but it still is). It's a practice from the player base, not Kabam, but the latter benefits from it. They like the raids to be hard, hell, they even blame us for "collusion". They might as well tweak Jetfire to be a greater counter to RR-tronus, etc, etc, and win on both counts. Just don't give 'em ideas.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157

My r5 Prowl doesn't build power fast enough to even put a dent in Megatronus. He can toss 2-3 sp1s before Prowl can build his 2nd sp1, and mine is at a relatively decent sig rating...you need a power locking bot like Rhinox to totally shut him down. Kickback was said to be a good contender but he cannot take a hit. You make one mistake and game over.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Couldn't have said better @Nutjob , but there really isn't much we can expect. You know, the Nanojack and RR-tronus tricks are recently discovered and make the raid defense less a joke (but it still is). It's a practice from the player base, not Kabam, but the latter benefits from it. They like the raids to be hard, hell, they even blame us for "collusion". They might as well tweak Jetfire to be a greater counter to RR-tronus, etc, etc, and win on both counts. Just don't give 'em ideas.

Hahaha! It's just a grind now. Raids used to be a little interesting, as people didn't always set the same defenses. Now if you see a red or cyan bot, you must bring Grimlock for the likely BC/WJ/Harm combo. Likewise, if you see a yellow, it's almost certain to be Megatronus on a RR, so you need your favourite tech counter. It's a giant yawn.

I may win, or I may lose. That's not the point. The point is that raiding is very boring now. I just do it to get the worthwhile rewards, then avoid it as much as possible. The upcoming raid event has me stressed and depressed, just because it means a boring raid grind. 20 raids a day ... 20 Megatronus/RR fights, plus 20 WJ/Harm fights, plus 60 auto-fights. AM may be monotonous, but at least you only have to complete each fight once a day.

The issue is that this is supposed to be a game. Games need to be fun, or people stop playing. I really hope that they pay attention to the developments in the game that detrimentally impact on the 'fun' element. I quit Earth Wars when it started to feel more like a job than a game. I don't want to work a job - to earn money - to pay for another job that uses up my free time.

That would be silly.