Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

BEST LOOKING versions of Transformers

Oh my.
I treated myself (sod off, kids) to some
SIEGE toys, namely Skytread, Hound and Sideswipe.
The last 2, especially, are SUPERBLY engineered and look better than their MP counterparts, IMHO (ok, maybe not as good as Yaniger's G2 Sideswipe)!

d0i52kq2lb13.jpg
ti9zrugvc7dr.jpeg
mxibqdd38p66.jpeg

Well done, Hasbro.

If only they'd bothered with Prowl.
Others that look fantastic in Bot form but have horrific alts are Soundwave and Shockwave.

Thoughts?

What are the best looking version of TFs?

Comments

• I’ve never really been into the toy aspect of transformers. Buuuuttttt, i from what i have seen (not much), my favourites would have to be the masterpiece soundwave, masterpiece optimus prime and i think it is called the mp 36 masterpiece megatron.
  • @SkBirdman wow, if i had those toys as a kid, i would have had the best childhood ever. The second picture of your decepticons look amazing. If i were you, i would have urges to get up and play with them now lol. Just a quick question while i am at it. What is that optimus prime with the gold grille and the gold autobot insignia? Never seen that before.
    And yes, i agree that megatron is probably the best
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @SkBirdman wow, if i had those toys as a kid, i would have had the best childhood ever. The second picture of your decepticons look amazing. If i were you, i would have urges to get up and play with them now lol. Just a quick question while i am at it. What is that optimus prime with the gold grille and the gold autobot insignia? Never seen that before.

You just opened a can of worms.
    Wait till you Google "Optimus Prime MP variants" !

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_Masterpiece

CASH-GRABATRON
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited December 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    sod off
    Right you're my favourite. absolute respect
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    But in all seriousness my favourites (not thinking price, some here are bloody expensive)
    MP36 Megatron
    MP44 Overpriced Prime
    Maketoys Downbeat
    DX9 Gewalt
    rob0t5 in iddisguize t0ys
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited December 2018
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    72jteanywkum.jpg

1f5gi9dgk60j.jpg
    Kitten wrote: »
    sod off
    Right you're my favourite. absolute respect

When they snap your Victory Leo in half and dismantled a mint Brave Maximus, Greatshot, Megabolt, Thunderwing and Roadblock (in the same evening), they BETTER sod off.

Luckily they're into bargain bin Star Wars toys now.

Yet they have the last laugh. They're embarrassed their 37yr old dad still collects DOLLS. And tell my business partners.
    Also laughing at me: their mum
  • @SkBirdman wow, if i had those toys as a kid, i would have had the best childhood ever. The second picture of your decepticons look amazing. If i were you, i would have urges to get up and play with them now lol. Just a quick question while i am at it. What is that optimus prime with the gold grille and the gold autobot insignia? Never seen that before.

Its the Hasbro Year of the Horse special edition. I actually got it because when I wanted MP-10 the original was out of print, it was my second MP.

Oh and I do play with them regularly :)

And yeah @BlackRazak theres been about a BILLION MP-10 repaints.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    @SkBirdman wow, if i had those toys as a kid, i would have had the best childhood ever. The second picture of your decepticons look amazing. If i were you, i would have urges to get up and play with them now lol. Just a quick question while i am at it. What is that optimus prime with the gold grille and the gold autobot insignia? Never seen that before.

CASH-GRABATRON

bh5mbzqd3uli.jpg

My brain says Yeeeess,
    but my (parent's) wallet says Nooooo

I got him on preorder :) Been waiting for this bad boy for a LOOONG time.... yessss.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited December 2018

CASH-GRABATRON

bh5mbzqd3uli.jpg

My brain says Yeeeess,

I got him on preorder :) Been waiting for this bad boy for a LOOONG time.... yessss.

You're so lucky! It looks like a gem to have and I hope you enjoy it because it looks like a masterpiece, even by Masterpiece standards. It would fit with your awesome collection. If only he had his rubber ducky....

But, I heard it was delayed to March instead of January. That sucks.
  • SkBirdman wrote: »

CASH-GRABATRON

bh5mbzqd3uli.jpg

My brain says Yeeeess,

You're so lucky! It looks like a gem to have and I hope you enjoy it because it looks like a masterpiece, even by Masterpiece standards. It would fit with your awesome collection. If only he had his rubber ducky....

Yeah its disappointing but still worth the wait.

I really wanted the Rubber Ducky too, but it didnt show up until season 2 and his Transmetal form so theyre probably holding that back for if/when they make a Transmetal MP Megs.
    edited December 2018

CASH-GRABATRON

bh5mbzqd3uli.jpg

My brain says Yeeeess,

Yeah its disappointing but still worth the wait.

I really wanted the Rubber Ducky too, but it didnt show up until season 2 and his Transmetal form so theyre probably holding that back for if/when they make a Transmetal MP Megs.

With 3 kids in tow, looks like I'll have to be content with the 10th Anniversary version.
    That and the Robot Masters Barney.
    edited December 2018
    So we were at our local Walmart and I finally found THE perfect Transformers figure:
    zzcpgaf1jsp9.jpg
    Look at how beautiful this Shockwave is. The paint job is beautiful, with the purple encompassing his whole body, which showcases the unique color scheme. His body is so detailed, especially his legs and cannon, and it has breathtaking articulation. I mean, it can move it's waist, WHOA! Who needs knee and shoulder joints if you have a moveable waist. You think Masterpiece is good? Rethink your life buddy, because this is high quality art. I rate this Shockwave 100/10.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Is that Shockwave chew-toy for a dog?
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’ve never really been into the toy aspect of transformers. Buuuuttttt, i from what i have seen (not much), my favourites would have to be the masterpiece soundwave, masterpiece optimus prime and i think it is called the mp 36 masterpiece megatron.

I have them all, all three are really amazing toys. But MP36 Megs is just a cut above, he is absolute genius.

72jteanywkum.jpg
    ce5hrpuoeyn9.jpg

I love your Materpeice collection 👍
  • Synthwave wrote: »

In all honesty, I.... I don't even know what it is.
    Synthwave wrote: »

Funny thing... He looks like one of those Parachute equipped, $1 toys.
    And yano how he LOVES parachutes
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    I’ve never really been into the toy aspect of transformers. Buuuuttttt, i from what i have seen (not much), my favourites would have to be the masterpiece soundwave, masterpiece optimus prime and i think it is called the mp 36 masterpiece megatron.

I have them all, all three are really amazing toys. But MP36 Megs is just a cut above, he is absolute genius.

72jteanywkum.jpg
    ce5hrpuoeyn9.jpg

I'm sorry sir but I have probable cause to confiscate that Warpath.
    Synthwave wrote: »

Funny thing... He looks like one of those Parachute equipped, $1 toys.
    And yano how he LOVES parachutes

c74wbi4fct2g.png
    Oh, I know how much he loves his parachutes. To him, it's to die for. I'll stop now.
  • But at the same Walmart I did stumble upon this:
    zhef7lczdvyi.jpg
    But at the same Walmart I did stumble upon this:
    zhef7lczdvyi.jpg

BUY IT. That, buddy, was my FIRST transformer.
    Or Reflector. I forget.
    edited December 2018
    zhef7lczdvyi.jpg

Or Reflector. I forget.

Too late we already left (also, I'm on a budget). There was also a Hot Rod. I was looking for a Galvatron (or anyone else) but there was nothing else from the G1 era. Hoping Hasbro does this with their Beast Wars line, would love to get my hands on them.
    zhef7lczdvyi.jpg

Or Reflector. I forget.

Too late we already left (also, I'm on a budget). There was also a Hot Rod. I was looking for a Galvatron (or anyone else) but there was nothing else from the G1 era. Hoping Hasbro does this with their Beast Wars line, would love to get my hands on them.

Sheesh.
    There goes your chance at owning a G1 Blitzwing.

I recently purchased a Platinum Edition Coneheads set, and they threw in a CW Armada Megs for an additional $12.
    Total: $37.50 for so much Decepticon goodness!
    Tis the season for cheapo Transformers!

Got home:
    Why does Takara Armada Megatron look SO MUCH BETTER
    Oh my.
    The last 2, especially, are SUPERBLY engineered and look better than their MP counterparts, IMHO (ok, maybe not as good as Yaniger's G2 Sideswipe)!

d0i52kq2lb13.jpg
    ti9zrugvc7dr.jpeg
    mxibqdd38p66.jpeg

Well done, Hasbro.

Others that look fantastic in Bot form but have horrific alts are Soundwave and Shockwave.

Thoughts?

I would have preferred a communications SUV for Soundwave, like what he had in Animated, the WFC games, RiD, hell, even Angry Birds had him as an SUV. Even in the DotM video game, they had him as an SUV. But sure, let's go for a flying.... thing instead
    zhef7lczdvyi.jpg

Or Reflector. I forget.

Sheesh.
    There goes your chance at owning a G1 Blitzwing.

I recently purchased a Platinum Edition Coneheads set, and they threw in a CW Armada Megs for an additional $12.
    Total: $37.50 for so much Decepticon goodness!
    Tis the season for cheapo Transformers!

Got home:
    Why does Takara Armada Megatron look SO MUCH BETTER

That's a deal and a half. On Amazon, CW Armada Megs costs $46 alone!

Oh my.

d0i52kq2lb13.jpg
    ti9zrugvc7dr.jpeg
    mxibqdd38p66.jpeg

Well done, Hasbro.

Thoughts?

Wow, those really don’t look better than Masterpiece to me. The vehicle modes are horrible.
    @LordZarak212 perhaps they aren't as accurate (never were meant to) as the MPs, but as a former automotive designer myself, these alt forms actually have imagination, effort and engineering chucked in. Hence the appreciation.

It's as if the designer actually fought tooth and nail for these representations. And loves the characters!

The proportions in both robot and vehicular form (only Sideswipe, Hound and Skytread, TBH) are spot-on, and the MINIMAL kibble actually COMPLIMENTS their aesthetic.

While MPs struggle and slavishly try to recreate their G1 looks, these 3 UPDATES their appearance whilst maintaining respect to the original. Which is really difficult.

Best real life comparison would be the Ford Mustang.
    The Siege trio is like the 5G Mustang. Modern, desirable but unmistakably a homage to the 64 model.
    It could have gone all 2G or 3G Mustang!
    @LordZarak212 perhaps they aren't as accurate (never were meant to) as the MPs, but as a former automotive designer myself, these alt forms actually have imagination, effort and engineering chucked in. Hence the appreciation.

It's as if the designer actually fought tooth and nail for these representations. And loves the characters!

The proportions in both robot and vehicular form (only Sideswipe, Hound and Skytread, TBH) are spot-on, and the MINIMAL kibble actually COMPLIMENTS their aesthetic.

While MPs struggle and slavishly try to recreate their G1 looks, these 3 UPDATES their appearance whilst maintaining respect to the original. Which is really difficult.

Best real life comparison would be the Ford Mustang.
    The Siege trio is like the 5G Mustang. Modern, desirable but unmistakably a homage to the 64 model.
    It could have gone all 2G or 3G Mustang!

It’s interesting. I’m a hardcore carguy myself having run a Porsche track focused shop in the past and having raced, instructed, etc. I am partial to the “real” cars. I still have no idea how they have the blessing to use the Martini Rossi 935 in this game when Porsche refuses to license any toys with guys, and Porsche is so litigious. It gives me a glimmer of hope we might get a Masterpiece Jazz someday.

I owned a Martini Rossi Porsche Cup car for a while, and I actually got to see the “real Jazz” taken out of the Porsche Museum a few months back at Rennsport/Laguna Seca.

PS: Cool username.

2mk0nks3znkj.jpeg