Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

BEST LOOKING versions of Transformers

2»

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @LordZarak212 perhaps they aren't as accurate (never were meant to) as the MPs, but as a former automotive designer myself, these alt forms actually have imagination, effort and engineering chucked in. Hence the appreciation.

It's as if the designer actually fought tooth and nail for these representations. And loves the characters!

The proportions in both robot and vehicular form (only Sideswipe, Hound and Skytread, TBH) are spot-on, and the MINIMAL kibble actually COMPLIMENTS their aesthetic.

While MPs struggle and slavishly try to recreate their G1 looks, these 3 UPDATES their appearance whilst maintaining respect to the original. Which is really difficult.

Best real life comparison would be the Ford Mustang.
    The Siege trio is like the 5G Mustang. Modern, desirable but unmistakably a homage to the 64 model.
    It could have gone all 2G or 3G Mustang!

It’s interesting. I’m a hardcore carguy myself having run a Porsche track focused shop in the past and having raced, instructed, etc. I am partial to the “real” cars. I still have no idea how they have the blessing to use the Martini Rossi 935 in this game when Porsche refuses to license any toys with guys, and Porsche is so litigious. It gives me a glimmer of hope we might get a Masterpiece Jazz someday.

I owned a Martini Rossi Porsche Cup car for a while, and I actually got to see the “real Jazz” taken out of the Porsche Museum a few months back at Rennsport/Laguna Seca.

PS: Cool username.

2mk0nks3znkj.jpeg

You just made my day!
    That's a fantastic 935 you've pictured there.
    I think Kabam, Hasbro skirt the rules by making the most minuscule changes.
    See the "Bugatti", "Lamborghini" that appear in this game!
    Previously VAG never allowed a licensed Beetle due to War remembrance, but they've chilled on that.
    Amazing that you ran a Porsche shop awhile ago.
    Would've loved sorting my 968CS and 944Turbo there.
    Sold due to lack of space and married life!
    Closest thing i have to a track toy now is an Oettinger fettled B8 RS4 avant (which is far less reliable than the "analogue" 968) and an RS7.
    edited December 2018
    @LordZarak212 BlackZarak? Taken.
    So who's more evil than Zarak?
    Malaysian Clown in Chief (currently gaoled for nicking $5B of a 3rd world country's reserves)
    Najib RAZAK.

BlackRAZAK. The dodgier, eviler oversized git.

Btw, would love an add, in game.
    @BlackRazak
    To discuss all things Automotive based, or TF!

PS- I built an T14 Space Frame "Miura" replica with Prova bodywork (terrible quality) using an Audi 2.7T and getrag 265 which passed MOT, Type Approval inspection between 1998-2000.
    Which promptly caught fire due to a braided line fuel leak.
    Noice.
    Probably the most pimping car in central London of that era, till some twunt started showing up in a martini gt40 rep.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Malaysian Clown in Chief (currently gaoled for nicking $5B of a 3rd world country's reserves)
    Najib RAZAK.

@BlackRazak

PS- I built an T14 Space Frame "Miura" replica with Prova bodywork (terrible quality) using an Audi 2.7T and getrag 265 which passed MOT, Type Approval inspection between 1998-2000.
    Noice.
    Probably the most pimping car in central London of that era, till some twunt started showing up in a martini gt40 rep.

I do love the Miura. It’s the only Lamborghini I’d ever want to own. I’m currently driving a Focus RS and a V70R.

Najib RAZAK.

@BlackRazak

Noice.

I do love the Miura. It’s the only Lamborghini I’d ever want to own. I’m currently driving a Focus RS and a V70R.

The Miura, despite the GT40, is the single most important supercar.
    Midengine civility, with gorgeous, timeless looks. Unheard of in 1965.

But i have pangs for this.

pao9s6il79jx.jpg

Gandini is a god.

Najib RAZAK.

@BlackRazak

Noice.

pao9s6il79jx.jpg

Gandini is a god.

Yeah, the porthole Countach are cool. I don’t care for the later Countach with all the add on parts. A friend of mine owns a GT40 and keeps a Cadillac LMP car that ran LeMans in his home office on the 2nd floor.

t1ngfeskmq4d.jpeg
    s1825pe1lhxy.jpeg

edited December 2018
    Najib RAZAK.

@BlackRazak

Noice.

pao9s6il79jx.jpg

Gandini is a god.

Yeah, the porthole Countach are cool. I don’t care for the later Countach with all the add on parts. A friend of mine owns a GT40 and keeps a Cadillac LMP car that ran LeMans in his home office on the 2nd floor.

t1ngfeskmq4d.jpeg
    s1825pe1lhxy.jpeg

Me thinks there was a Binaltech GT40 toy, but one that was based on the early 2000s tribute.

Oh yes, MIRAGE

kgu1bwpu71b2.jpg
    Mirage (terrible robot form that bears no resemblance to his usual G1 self aside) was only available as a Alternators release. No Binaltech version, apparently

xlxc1ebk2v79.jpg
    12a68fyru5ef.jpg
    Mirage (terrible robot form that bears no resemblance to his usual G1 self aside) was only available as a Alternators release. No Binaltech version, apparently

xlxc1ebk2v79.jpg
    12a68fyru5ef.jpg

Yeah, I have a friend who owns one of those Ford GTs too. The GT is 1 of 50 yellow cars, and his Viper ACR next to it is 1 of 5.

7nyc2w968tvh.jpeg
    grzukydhr2fo.jpeg

• SkBirdman wrote: »
    I’ve never really been into the toy aspect of transformers. Buuuuttttt, i from what i have seen (not much), my favourites would have to be the masterpiece soundwave, masterpiece optimus prime and i think it is called the mp 36 masterpiece megatron.

I have them all, all three are really amazing toys. But MP36 Megs is just a cut above, he is absolute genius.

Please make sure you have personal property insurance on those. It can be costly to replace those in any disaster.