Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Which Brawler Bot to R5?

Greetings, ladies and gents. As the title states. I'm looking to take up a brawler bot to R5 for pretty much all game modes, mainly spotlights and raids. The question is, which one? Cast your votes below and thanks a bunch!

Which Brawler Bot to R5? 38 votes

Optimus Prime
26%
DenisxJamesssSparkShredderserdoodAnakinPrimeJmdUrAverageMalakaOptimalOptimus_MV1mac10smg_ToaOfGreenLuke 10 votes
Optimus Primal
28%
KillMasterCAustin555555FlrsbwRaptor22DaveJLBlack_Thoughtmagnusprime777SlayerFallingInStereoScarredArachnid333LordZarak212 11 votes
Tantrum
15%
Joker69M00NIssy543rylitr5ewqTechnobotKitten 6 votes
Motormaster
10%
Tracked_SignalBlackRazakPeaslightningbaron 4 votes
Grimlock
18%
Barricade_2017CONTRAMr_WonderfulVavatronSilentHunter2Jazz444Benster007 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Optimus Prime
    Mv1 all the way. Best brawler no competition, even does better than Grimlock
  • Options
    Grimlock
    Grimlock. Prime ain’t going to save you from shock block. Primal 2nd, followed by tantrum.

If your bringing a bot to counter dot’s, bring the king.
  • Options
    Optimus Prime
    Grimlock. Prime ain’t going to save you from shock block. Primal 2nd, followed by tantrum.

Grimlock still ticks from damage, mv1 superior. He is best brawler
  • Options
    Optimus Prime
    If you want to use em for AM or spotlights then rank up MV1. If you want to use it for raids then rank up grimlock
  • Options
    Tantrum
    I’m biased here because Tantrum is my R5 Brawler. The caveat is that he has to be duped like mine is. Tantrum’s Frenzy Signature Ability has been a life saver in All Missions & Raids that I have participated in... especially against any mods & bots that inflict Bleed.
  • Options
    VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited December 2018
    Well I'm still contemplating here. On one hand. Primal with his Beast Purification synergy is extremely useful. Granting all other beast wars characters a purify ability. While Tantrum could build up melee buffs with ease and dish out massive amounts of damage in a short amount of time. MV1 could heal off bleeds and build up power on multiple bleed stacks, giving him more chances to use his high-damaging specials. Grimlock is... well, he's Grimlock.
  • Options
    Optimus Primal
    If you have primal duped then I'd go with him. If not then MV1. Tantrum is pretty fun when he's duped. Grimlock's purify is a good save but to me maintaining melee buffs is frankly harder on Grim than tantrum.
  • Options
    Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited December 2018
    Optimus Primal
    Primal, beast purification is amazing but that’s not it. His crit armor allows for more a versatile brawler; I mean how many bots can flat out eat iron hides sp2/3! Top it off with mele buffs. He is a well rounded bot. His sp1 is rather weak, but his sp2 can do good damage and his sp3 is for the armor stacks alone.
  • Options
    Grimlock

Nah, grim superior. G1 superior, bayverse inferior and all. We all know g1 has the better bots, even winning a fight with a g1 bot feels and looks better. Especially against the ugly ass bayverse bots (nothing like g1 prime dishing out a beating to his bayverse counterpart).

Grim might tick from damage, but mv1 still bleeds unless you play aggressively during the bleed. Shock block and melee seem to be more common these days in spotlight, a good level grim in the hands of a skilled player will laugh at the damage being ticked away, regardless of mv1’s heal.

Ok, minus grind attack buffs, mv1 might do more damage in the long run. But a brawler is there to deal with debuffs, which grim is best at since he purifies all debuffs. Primes usefulness in that regard ends with bleeds. If you want a bonecrusher counter from bay, bring ironhide. His melee’s don’t Crit at all, so no bleeds, and his damage output far outweighs prime, especially duped.

I’m far from saying mv1 prime is a bad bot to use, not at all. But the purposes of a brawler gives grim the nod in my book, by far in comparison to any other brawler. Bots from other classes can do more damage in most cases (tantrum and MM being exempt in certain circumstances, playing MM for his melee buffs is playing with fire by taking the damage) so bringing a brawler for all occasions of debuffs makes more sense and bringing a couple hard hitters from other classes is the most logical way forward in my view.

Plus, as a raid team, grim, g1 prime and ratchet synergise really well together. 3 bots giving 2 healers, a purifier and anti armour is enough for any raid
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Grimlock
    Today I’m Maxing out my 4* Grimlock
    Grimlock will do a bit better in raids then MV1 Optimus
    MV1 Optimus is still my all around Spotlight, AM bot though
    Grimlock just seems more practical going against WJ on HA
  • Options
    Optimus Prime

Nah, grim superior. G1 superior, bayverse inferior and all. We all know g1 has the better bots, even winning a fight with a g1 bot feels and looks better. Especially against the ugly ass bayverse bots (nothing like g1 prime dishing out a beating to his bayverse counterpart).

Grim might tick from damage, but mv1 still bleeds unless you play aggressively during the bleed. Shock block and melee seem to be more common these days in spotlight, a good level grim in the hands of a skilled player will laugh at the damage being ticked away, regardless of mv1’s heal.

Ok, minus grind attack buffs, mv1 might do more damage in the long run. But a brawler is there to deal with debuffs, which grim is best at since he purifies all debuffs. Primes usefulness in that regard ends with bleeds. If you want a bonecrusher counter from bay, bring ironhide. His melee’s don’t Crit at all, so no bleeds, and his damage output far outweighs prime, especially duped.

I’m far from saying mv1 prime is a bad bot to use, not at all. But the purposes of a brawler gives grim the nod in my book, by far in comparison to any other brawler. Bots from other classes can do more damage in most cases (tantrum and MM being exempt in certain circumstances, playing MM for his melee buffs is playing with fire by taking the damage) so bringing a brawler for all occasions of debuffs makes more sense and bringing a couple hard hitters from other classes is the most logical way forward in my view.

Plus, as a raid team, grim, g1 prime and ratchet synergise really well together. 3 bots giving 2 healers, a purifier and anti armour is enough for any raid

Mv1 heals whenever he bleeds and melee, he is better than Grimlock, doesn't need to be duped to be good, unlike grim who would be utter trash. Mv1 superior, Grimlock inferior.
  • Options
    Grimlock

Mv1 heals whenever he bleeds and melee, he is better than Grimlock, doesn't need to be duped to be good, unlike grim who would be utter trash. Mv1 superior, Grimlock inferior.

So sorry but your so wrong MV1 Optimus Prime must be duplicated to repair
  • Options
    Grimlock
    MV1 Optimus Prime is my favorite Brawler
    But Grimlock will replace MV1 in raids in my squad
    My buddy uses Grimlock in raids he can defeat Omega’s bases
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited December 2018

As a stand alone brawler Grimlock might be best at purifying debuffs. However, Primal's versatility with Beast Purification can't be ignored.....all of a sudden you have you at least three bots that can Purifiy, very handy in harder content and especially raids.
  • Options
    OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited December 2018
    Optimus Prime
    Jazz444 wrote: »

So sorry but your so wrong MV1 Optimus Prime must be duplicated to repair

n6s4lx3lzsjh.png

BOY!, IT's one of his ABILITIES, NOT HIS SIG. His sig at low health activates armor and melee buff, you don't need him duped to repair because he HAS IT AS ONE OF HIS ABILITIES
  • Options
    I have one question. As a standalone bot. Does Primal actually purify Harm Accelerators or he doesn't? Because I tried a couple of times in raids with him and he doesn't purify and heal from it with his signature unlocked.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Optimus Prime
    I have one question. As a standalone bot. Does Primal actually purify Harm Accelerators or he doesn't? Because I tried a couple of times in raids with him and he doesn't purify and heal from it with his signature unlocked.

No he doesn't.primal is good defensively but not the best for raids. Grimlock may purify a debuff but you must use mv1, best counter to bonecrusher, he can only have 1 bleed or if he gets 2 he purifies 1 into power .
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998

Primal's sig doesn't purify debuffs. His sig ability makes debuff expire faster. HA doens't expire so his sig will not kick in for HA bleeds
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Optimus Primal
    Voltron wrote: »

Primal's sig doesn't purify debuffs. His sig ability makes debuff expire faster. HA doens't expire so his sig will not kick in for HA bleeds

HA will expire after one minute. And the more armor buffs Primal has, the quicker HA expires. It's a long time nonetheless.
  • Options
    Voltron wrote: »

HA will expire after one minute. And the more armor buffs Primal has, the quicker HA expires. It's a long time nonetheless.

you're right! I guess I always die before the 60 secs is up :D
  • Options

No he doesn't.primal is good defensively but not the best for raids. Grimlock may purify a debuff but you must use mv1, best counter to bonecrusher, he can only have 1 bleed or if he gets 2 he purifies 1 into power .

Not the best for raids? If he is alone you are right. If he has two other beasts with him he is by far the best.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Optimus Prime
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Not the best for raids? If he is alone you are right. If he has two other beasts with him he is by far the best.

Aight. He can't be better than mv1. Primal gets armor by taking hits and you don't want to get hit. Mv1 is just better. Primal is good with synergies but mv1 is better ALONE
  • Options
    Optimus Primal
    Primal''s Critical Armor prevents Critical Hits.
    Most sources of Bleed are from Critical Hits.
    Therefore, Optimus Primal practicully prevents Bleeds, unless it's from a Harm Accelerator, Rhinox, or Cheetor (Mv1 can't counter Cheetor either)

Mv1 can only counter bleeds, not prevent them. Therefore that's why I think Primal is greater than Mv1. Mv1 can inflict more Damage, however.
  • Options

Aight. He can't be better than mv1. Primal gets armor by taking hits and you don't want to get hit. Mv1 is just better. Primal is good with synergies but mv1 is better ALONE

You quoted what I wrote maybe you should re-read it. Oh and by the way Primal, unless he is permanently armor broken, automatically generates an armor buff-no need to block. If he heavies it converts into a melee buff and he generates a new armor buff in 6 seconds.

It's blatantly obvious you're biased.
  • Options

You quoted what I wrote maybe you should re-read it. Oh and by the way Primal, unless he is permanently armor broken, automatically generates an armor buff-no need to block. If he heavies it converts into a melee buff and he generates a new armor buff in 6 seconds.

It's blatantly obvious you're biased.

There's no point in having a discussion with this fellow. Me Grimlock
  • Options
    Grimlock
    I just maxed out my 4* DUPLICATED Grimlock
    He does way better than MV1 Optimus against Wheeljack on the harm accelerator

MV1 Optimus is one of my all time favorite bots in this game
    But I don’t see why fighting about who’s better solves anything
  • Options
    I might consider holding off until next month because I believe, based on the datamined info back in April this year. Almost all the bots revealed in the info has now been released except for one, which is Lockdown. I believe he's coming out next month and based on his leaked abilities and seeing there's only six Brawlers in the game at the moment. He has a high chance on being a Brawler bot as well.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I have MV R5 4* maxed forge, Grimlock R5 4* about 80% forged, Primal R4 5*. Tantrum and Motormaster have both been fed to Primal. I am now contemplating throwing MV into Primal, but am hesitating cos MV did serve me well. For raids, I use Grimlock for HAs, techs, warriors. MV is great for spotlight missions with IH and OG OP. Primal is great as part of beast team. These 3 are great bots. You can’t go wrong with any of these 3, just depends on your own playstyle.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Tantrum

But he’s Michael bay
  • Options
    Grimlock
    This has been such a good read 😊👍🏻
    I’d say you can’t go wrong with most brawlers. Personally, I haven’t used MV1 much. Grimlock is a key part of my team and he is excellent for Raids (with Kickback and Soundwave). If you’re frustrated with too many WJs on base defence then Grimlock gets rid of him easily.
    I have just started using Tantrum in Spotlights and he’s been SOOO much fun...especially vs Sharks.
    I voted Grim...but there are some great Brawler options. Grindor and MotorMaster are probably now your weaker options