Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Are we going to see the January 2019 bot tonight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited January 2019
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    I would love to see AOE lockdown. The only bayformer I actually liked. But... Do you think he will be thrown in being similar to hotrod? I certainly hope so. But I won't hold my breath.

I think your right if Lockdown is added he would be similar to Hot Rod
    I collect the Action Figures Lockdown is very similar transformation to Hot Rod 👍
    Unless he’s got an even better ability 👏
  • Options
    iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited January 2019
    I’d be pretty surprised to see Lockdown actually released at this point. Despite what may or may not have actually ‘appeared in the game files’ at some point, the last released Bay bot was Hound, and that was in February. After a steady release schedule of Bay bots, they suddenly stopped. I think there’s something going on with the licensing, and that’s why we haven’t seen any more movie stuff in almost a year.

After releasing Hot Rod AND Drift to promo The Last Knight, nobody else thought it was strange they did no movie tie-in character for Bumblebee?

(And, no, finally releasing a two year old character from a movie that was released over six years ago does not count)

There’s probably something up behind the scenes.
  • Options
    iuJacob wrote: »
    I’d be pretty surprised to see Lockdown actually released at this point. Despite what may or may not have actually ‘appeared in the game files’ at some point, the last released Bay bot was Hound, and that was in February. After a steady release schedule of Bay bots, they suddenly stopped. I think there’s something going on with the licensing, and that’s why we haven’t seen any more movie stuff in almost a year.

After releasing Hot Rod AND Drift to promo The Last Knight, nobody else thought it was strange they did no movie tie-in character for Bumblebee?

(And, no, finally releasing a two year old character from a movie that was released over six years ago does not count)

I think you right about that
    I’m a huge G1 fan but where’s the movie bots
    Lockdown could do great 👍
  • Options
    iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited January 2019
    To follow up on this Lockdown thing:

If I’m at all correct and there is an issue that arose with rights to the movie characters, maybe they’ll get around that by changing him and instead basing his model off the 2010 ‘G1’ version figure.

To be clear here, for those who don’t know:

The Lockdown character was created in 2007 for Animated. It’s just Hasbro calling it a ‘G1’ version of a new original character. The version we saw in Age of Extinction was also based on the Animated character. The ‘G1’ version figure that was released in 2010 was just a slightly remoulded version of the 2007 Animated version.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited January 2019
    To follow up on this Lockdown thing:

If I’m at all correct and there is an issue that arose with rights to the movie characters, maybe they’ll get around that by changing him and instead basing his model off the 2010 ‘G1’ version figure.

To be clear here, for those who don’t know:

The Lockdown character was created in 2007 for Animated. It’s just Hasbro calling it a ‘G1’ version of a new original character. The version we saw in Age of Extinction was also based on the Animated character. The ‘G1’ version figure that was released in 2010 was just a slightly remoulded version of the 2007 Animated version.

Well if you’re right and they did lose their license to the movie-verse characters, maybe they’ll change the game files to raname this character to Warpath! HAHAHA! I kid I kid. I hope we never see Warpath. I don’t know Warpath from the shows, but for some reason, I hate him.
  • Options
    _V_K_P__V_K_P_ Posts: 20
    New bot will be shark 5* 😂
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

Quite some insight there. I suppose all they did was 'unlock' Movie Bee, rather than release him.

I also find it strange there seems to be no releases surrounding this new movie. Is it the same studio that did the Bay movies but with a different director, or is it totally different?
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DaveJL wrote: »

Quite some insight there. I suppose all they did was 'unlock' Movie Bee, rather than release him.

I also find it strange there seems to be no releases surrounding this new movie. Is it the same studio that did the Bay movies but with a different director, or is it totally different?

Bee movie is a BAY Studios production, joint venture with Hasbro Films and Tencent (China) distributed by Paramount.
  • Options
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506

Don't understand it and seems unnecessarily complicated but looks cool (hopefully doesn't end up like jetfire's)
  • Options
    2019’s first bot will be AOE Lockdown, and he will be a Tact. Start saving those T3’s. The hint of Lockdown being Tact is in the calendar, peep the free 4* Cyclonus. Lockdown would be great with DemoMegs synergy.

I don’t know about that maybe??
    Tantrum was our last Brawler and we’ve received him as a 3* on the calendar
    If Kabam keeps matching the featured bot classes we will never get a new Brawler
    There’s obviously going to be a month when the bot classes don’t match
    Jetfire and Wheeljack may have been a quicendance
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    October’s calendar (Megatronus’ Evil Reign) had Jazz
  • Options
    And I do remember Tantrum being in the calendar during Scorponok's release.