Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Did YOU Enjoy "Bumblebee: The Movie"?

Comments

• Yes
    Also, this movie was better than some MCU movies such as Antman and the Wasp, Spider-man Honecoming, Dark World, and that piling piece of crap Age of Iltron.
  • Yes
    Hmmmmm, now that I think about it, this seems familiar...
    a3mvncefgfwn.jpg
    47kiekgfjy02.jpg
    Nope, can't put my finger on it. He he
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Yes
    a3mvncefgfwn.jpg
    47kiekgfjy02.jpg

That there is the smallest A10 Warthog ever made, so fair play to Bay's giant Aventador...huh? Mass shifting is 'tarded?

Anyway... I'll say it again.
    Bumblebee movie is a loving tribute to G1-style storytelling, ala Man of Iron, Carwash of Doom to that aforementioned episode.

Cheesy, fun, and innocent. The more i think of it, the better it is.

@ScarredArachnid333 even Optimus went on a rampage when he was 1st brought back to life in G1 continuity. As did Dinobot and Tankor.
    Guess they added the eyes for continuity.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Yes
    Great news from one of my alliance mates:

https://theplaylist.net/bumblebee-sequel-20190122/

Looks like a sequel is in the works.
  • Yes
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Great news from one of my alliance mates:

https://theplaylist.net/bumblebee-sequel-20190122/

Looks like a sequel is in the works.
    Does it really need a sequel though? Idk, I feel like it should be left alone.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    a3mvncefgfwn.jpg
    47kiekgfjy02.jpg

Anyway... I'll say it again.
    Bumblebee movie is a loving tribute to G1-style storytelling, ala Man of Iron, Carwash of Doom to that aforementioned episode.

Cheesy, fun, and innocent. The more i think of it, the better it is.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I like Bumblebee so much. It just wanted to pay tribute to the classic show whilst having a fun narrative.
    a3mvncefgfwn.jpg
    47kiekgfjy02.jpg

@ScarredArachnid333 even Optimus went on a rampage when he was 1st brought back to life in G1 continuity. As did Dinobot and Tankor.
    Guess they added the eyes for continuity.

Huh, I don't remember that actually. Was that from The Return of Optimus Prime? Anyway, I just felt it came out of nowhere. I can undertake him getting angry and having eyes for continuity.
    It's just the scene itself felt a little TOO sudden and too much like Iron Giant.
    Yes
    @ScarredArachnid333 if i remember correctly he was brought back twice.
    Once as a zombie, which EVENTUALLY got his wits back, then once again to combat the hate plague.
    If memory serves me correctly.

Regarding Tankor...i SALUTE beast machines for that. The noblest (no, not you, Silverbolt) maximal has a change of heart, and never looks back.
    Awesome.
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    In my fantasy world, we'd keep Steinfeld but upgrade the director.

No disrespect to Knight, but I'd love to see TF in the hands of...

GUILLERMO DEL TORO.

If senor Del Toro started a Kickstarter, I'd pump in $5K NOW.
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    @ScarredArachnid333 a Bumblebee sequel would be...Transformers 1987.
    With those awesome G1 designs. 1984 Sunbow/Marvel brought to life.
    (Remember, they're supposedly releasing a CGI, Cybertron based film before Bee2 happens!)

So what's not to love!

alfmbnsgwwwo.jpg
    qydyfzrp4c85.jpg

Trust me, if the Prime statue looks inferior (it does) to the Bee movie version, imagine the other guy!
  • Yes
    The bayverse films were good but the bumblebee film just beats them all
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Yes
    Talk what you want but this movie managed to tell more story in 20 minutes than the entire Bay movies collection did. I'm just sick and tired of "here comes the new evil villain", "autobots attack", they kick the villain back side and the movie is over.

And yes even in my opinion Bumblebee's movie got some kiddo kind of feeling but I'm pretty much happy with what I saw and can just imagine how the sequel will be.
    Yes
    Great news (for Transformers fans):
    After 1 month in US cinemas, it's still in the top 10, raking in $118M; despite it's abysmal $21M opening weekend (Last Knight had a $45M opening, but petered out at $130M domestic after 2+ months).

Internationally, it's doing quite the business with China it's most lucrative market, making $139M after 19 days, and has been granted a lengthened release till March 2nd (typically Western films only get 30 days).
    For an underreported $303M at current time.

We're looking at (at least) an all in cume of around $500M for the $130M-budgeted film; though that looks low against Last Knight's $605M total, bear in mind that the 5th installment cost $260M to make and untold millions to market.

Hence Paramount's renewed faith in character-centric, plot driven and lore respecting future Transformer films.

A huge thanks to the film makers, production team and cast for putting your heart and soul into this project.
    May it be the start (restart?) of something magical.

NOTE: All numbers via Boxofficemojo.com and imdb.com
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    No
    Pinkgoat wrote: »
    The bayverse films were good but the bumblebee film just beats them all

It's still a Bayverse film tho
  • Jazz444 wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Do you hate everything that’s great ???...
    The Bumblebee movie is the #1 Transformers Movie Out there
    I haven’t seen it yet but it’s way better ratings than those crummy bay films
    Haven't seen it yet. I hope it's better than the Last knight.
    Yes
    How Bayverse fetishists treat Bumblebee at the boxoffice
    y0y8acltbpgx.gif
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Yes
    That opening scene on cybertron gave me goosebumps.
  • Yes
    6s6oa5uwu4qz.jpeg

Is this jazz?
  • Yes
    6s6oa5uwu4qz.jpeg

Is this jazz?

Question is do you like said Jazz?
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    @BlackRazak
    Transformers 1987 would be a more fitting sequel to Bumblebee, but I think producers are aiming for another Bumblbee standalone film, which I don't think should happen.

And that Megatron statue is just perfection. They need to have that design for the movies. And give Megatron his own movie! He's one of the most important and interesting characters in the franchise, if done right.
  • Yes
    6s6oa5uwu4qz.jpeg

Is this jazz?

Question is do you like said Jazz?
    Yes i do like jazz.
    pyd6fi8bi3hh.jpeg
    And this looks like bluestreak.

Here is a link to the cybertron scene if you want to watch again
    https://youtu.be/6EwiWzF4cG8

• Yes
    @BlackRazak
    Transformers 1987 would be a more fitting sequel to Bumblebee, but I think producers are aiming for another Bumblbee standalone film, which I don't think should happen.

And that Megatron statue is just perfection. They need to have that design for the movies. And give Megatron his own movie! He's one of the most important and interesting characters in the franchise, if done right.
    I say this so many times. BUT IT HAS TO FOLLOW THE IDW ORGINIS STORY LINE
  • Yes
    @BlackRazak

Most definitely! It gave him a great motivation and great character development, going from a miner who yearned to be a poet to a dictator who thinks he's doing the right thing.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Yes
    Still cant beleive what happened to cliff jumper:(
    Yes
    @BlackRazak

Most definitely! It gave him a great motivation and great character development, going from a miner who yearned to be a poet to a dictator who thinks he's doing the right thing.

Or ANY tragic dictator plot:
    Motivated Everyman, sick of corruption and incompetence, starts a revolution, coup de etat, oops, I'm the problem.

It could be garbage and passe, or wonderful and powerful in the right (and TF-loving) hands.

Movie could be called Ode to A Metal Mullet, for all i care.
    As long as characterization, plot and beats don't make me want to punch myself in the face.

If the Paramount plan is indeed the following; CGI CYBERTRON, Bee 2 then Beast Wars...we could be in for some ride.
    God willing.
    Yes
    PS- I'm praying CGI CYBERTRON and Bee 2 do SUPER at the box office, that way, a mega budgeted, Guillermo Del Toro BEAST WARS (that's my director pick!) will blow our minds (and wallets)
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    mvpg04z0czer.jpg

Amateur fan edit by me
    (Couldnt get Starscream to line up)

Although I haven't seen the movie, I believe this image is from Cybertron, yes? If that's the case, then why do they have their 'earthly' forms? Seems strange to have Earth based jets and a tape recorder walking around on Cybertron ...

I still don't get what Bay was up to in the other films. Their alt forms are meant to be a form of disguise. So, what the hell was Shockwave trying to hide as in the movies?

I think all sorts of people have completely forgotten the 'Robots in Disguise' catchphrase.

Had they even been to Earth at this point in the film?
  • Yes
    Nutjob wrote: »
    mvpg04z0czer.jpg

Amateur fan edit by me

Although I haven't seen the movie, I believe this image is from Cybertron, yes? If that's the case, then why do they have their 'earthly' forms? Seems strange to have Earth based jets and a tape recorder walking around on Cybertron ...

I still don't get what Bay was up to in the other films. Their alt forms are meant to be a form of disguise. So, what the hell was Shockwave trying to hide as in the movies?

I think all sorts of people have completely forgotten the 'Robots in Disguise' catchphrase.

If you saw the g1 cartoon, you would see that their robot forms would be the same. He probably wants to be accurate

Yes
    mvpg04z0czer.jpg

Amateur fan edit by me

Their CYBERTRON alt forms perfectly match their robot designs, and look completely unearthly.
    If you watch the 84 G1 miniseries, you'd see Teletraan 1 actually scouring the planet for alt forms that match their robot designs, not the other way around
    Thanks @UrAverageMalaka

But yea, Bay's movies didn't really get that they're Robots in Disguise.
    Shockwave, Fallen, Megatron all had garbage alt forms.
    And weren't even dictated by toys!
    Towards the end they didn't even bother to make them look like robots
    They looked like Iron Man suits!
  • Yes
    mvpg04z0czer.jpg

Amateur fan edit by me

Their CYBERTRON alt forms perfectly match their robot designs, and look completely unearthly.
    If you watch the 84 G1 miniseries, you'd see Teletraan 1 actually scouring the planet for alt forms that match their robot designs, not the other way around
    Thanks @UrAverageMalaka

m08kjnbr1xtb.jpg

Yeah, Megaton in the Last Knight looks like MCU Ultron.
  • Yes
    mvpg04z0czer.jpg

Amateur fan edit by me

Thanks @UrAverageMalaka

m08kjnbr1xtb.jpg

Yeah, Megaton in the Last Knight looks like MCU Ultron.

I don’t think the last night design looks like a megatron. I kind of think he looks ancient, like a prime. But a bad prime. Not like megatronus, but more like a liege maximo.