Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Bludgeon 4 * or Jazz 4 *?

I'm in doubt, which one I buy can you help me?

Bludgeon 4 * or Jazz 4 *? 49 votes

Jazz 4*
28%
BigbowlrJoker69AnakinPrimeDaveJLBlack_ThoughtRoosevelt_primePeasTfpsoundwaveDeadMemeBoiKittenZero117VHyperticonssdndeliPinkgoat 14 votes
Bludgeon 4*
40%
BeastdadMallowmanAustin555555HalloweendmRshxanadu2112Hbomb76ThuleJmdTracked_SignalVavatronBntyhntr3232_BlackRazakUrAverageMalakaScarredArachnid333Sycko5DragmalightningbaronJKINHijacker2531Digidiv 20 votes
Neither
30%
ManthroSilent_AssassinKillMasterCFlrsbwRaptor22M00Nserdoodzeeman03SlayerMrnomisubiquitusOptimalOptimus_MV1hsb13mac10smg_ToaOfGreenLordZarak212 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    you should give us some more info on your current roster? Do you have lots of scouts or warriors already? Have good swordmaster bots to pair with etc. Both bots are fairly equal and decent so really depends how they fit into your roster id say.
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    What is Jazz? 🤣
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    Agree with @CarrotBoy2k, I got a 4* Bludgeon from holiday crystal. The dupe came from another crystal, but it wasn't Premium Bot Crystal. I don't have a need to spent 100K chips on 4* Bludgeon, but if I don't get a dupe of 4* Motormaster near end of the cycle, I may pull the trigger.
  • Options
    Neither
    What other bots you have are better?
  • Options
    My $0.02...

Hold off on spending those generic bot chips until later in the month. There's a chance you'll pull a 4* Bludgeon or Jazz from a crystal randomly, and that will help you decide how to spend your chips.

Thank you.
  • Options
    JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Bludgeon 4*
    Depends on your team. The Jazz dupe is worse than him undupped, and the Bludgeon dupe, or simply Bludgeon, if you have Swordmasters.

If you want Jazz dupped, or don't have a Swordmasters team, then neither.

Bludgeon is, in my opinion, superior though.
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    Bludgeon, unless you're building an Autobot synergy based group. With his sig awakened, he can dish out serious damage even with basic and heavy attacks. With the swordmaster synergy and his sig, his damage can get to crazy levels. And then, you factor in his stuns and he can take down targets much faster than Jazz. A couple weeks ago, I used his heavy and did over 10k damage! And his bleed is super good too!
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    My $0.02...

Hold off on spending those generic bot chips until later in the month. There's a chance you'll pull a 4* Bludgeon or Jazz from a crystal randomly, and that will help you decide how to spend your chips.

Excellent suggestion that’s the same thing I told my little brother 👍
  • Options
    LeadblastLeadblast Posts: 8
    edited January 2019
    sorry I'm still a bit new to this game, what do you guys mean for "dupe/dupped"? does it stand for "duplicated"? so basically "dupped Jazz" would mean Jazz with his signature ability unlocked?

if this is the case, why is "dupped Jazz" worse than "undupped/non dupped Jazz"? I really don't understand. Is his signature bad or am I completely lost in translation?

thanks for clarification.
  • Options
    asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    Leadblast wrote: »
    sorry I'm still a bit new to this game, what do you guys mean for "dupe/dupped"? does it stand for "duplicated"? so basically "dupped Jazz" would mean Jazz with his signature ability unlocked?

if this is the case, why is "dupped Jazz" worse than "undupped/non dupped Jazz"? I really don't understand. Is his signature bad or am I completely lost in translation?

Yes, duped means duplicated meaning the bot's signature ability is awakened. 99% of the time its a good thing but alot of people feel that Jazz's sig is a hindrance.
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    asparagus wrote: »

Yes, duped means duplicated meaning the bot's signature ability is awakened. 99% of the time its a good thing but alot of people feel that Jazz's sig is a hindrance.

It is for me @leadbLeadblast, but you can form your own ideas.
  • Options
    Neither
    I voted neither. I have 1.3M chips and decided to buy nothing this month. I have been lucky though, and I’ve found one 4* Motormaster, and two 4* Jazz in random crystals.

I don’t like how Jazz plays, and while I like Motormaster and Bludgeon, neither have a good synergy for my A or B teams.

I already had the three featured 4* bots before the event, so I was just deciding if I wanted to buy the 5*. I’m going to hold out for a better fit. I wish I liked how Jazz played, because he does fit my team well, I love the character, and I LOVE his Porsche 935 alt mode....but I just don’t like him.

Here is the car Jazz is based on at Laguna Seca a few months back.

rinrjbw8sui4.jpeg
  • Options
    I voted neither. I have 1.3M chips and decided to buy nothing this month. I have been lucky though, and I’ve found one 4* Motormaster, and two 4* Jazz in random crystals.

I don’t like how Jazz plays, and while I like Motormaster and Bludgeon, neither have a good synergy for my A or B teams.

I already had the three featured 4* bots before the event, so I was just deciding if I wanted to buy the 5*. I’m going to hold out for a better fit. I wish I liked how Jazz played, because he does fit my team well, I love the character, and I LOVE his Porsche 935 alt mode....but I just don’t like him.

rinrjbw8sui4.jpeg

Not that I’m in the same position, but I feel the same about jazz. For an Optimus lieutenant I prefer prowl as a bot to use, even if jazz brings a WJ synergy, he just hits so much harder.

Nothing like finishing a fight with jazz sp2 though, it makes for a very cool knockout in the slowmo
  • Options
    Neither

rinrjbw8sui4.jpeg

Not that I’m in the same position, but I feel the same about jazz. For an Optimus lieutenant I prefer prowl as a bot to use, even if jazz brings a WJ synergy, he just hits so much harder.

Nothing like finishing a fight with jazz sp2 though, it makes for a very cool knockout in the slowmo

I’m honestly not a fan of Prowl either. He’s a powerful enough bot, but he plays so slowly and is boring overall. I’m using scout Bumblebee as my A Team scout at the moment. Bee is just way more fun to play.

• Options
    They're both really good bots. Jazz is more of a counter to power and missed attacks, and Bludgeon is better for tanky offense.m
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yep when we say dupe or duped it means we duplicated a bot = new signature ability
    Jazz is very good duplicated when an opponent starts their green or yellow attack and you start to dodge it Jazz gets an evade buff and starts dodging by himself 👍
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Yep when we say dupe or duped it means we duplicated a bot = new signature ability
    Jazz is very good duplicated when an opponent starts their green or yellow attack and you start to dodge it Jazz gets an evade buff and starts dodging by himself 👍

Personally I think Evades mess up your playstyle because it just randomly dodges and you're not ready for it to happen.
    That's why I never use Scouts other than Prowl and Windblade.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Bludgeon 4*
    Of course Jazz is good when DOUBLED.
    Even movie Megatron doesn't want ONE, he wants TWO.

Ba dum tish
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JKIN wrote: »

Personally I think Evades mess up your playstyle because it just randomly dodges and you're not ready for it to happen.

Ok I’m just on a different play style than everyone else I love my max 4* Jazz ability
    I won the 10 AM fights with him and I 100% completed Master for my 1st time and Jazz helped me get there being in one of my squads 👍
  • Options
    Dr_YDr_Y Posts: 27
    Float like a butterfly, sting like a BEE! If people can't fight like a ninja, they won't be very successful in TFTF, js. Jazz is really like Mirage 3.0 IMO. His Special Attacks and especially his Heavy Attack are much better than Mirage's but he has the rapid fire attacks (both ranged & melee) that can easily rack up in the combo meter count. Jazz is one of the most underrated bots in the game, offensively speaking. I would not recommend him for Base defense unless you don't have other more levelled up bots available.

TIP: If you have the Star Seeker (offensive) Mastery upgraded then he can do a ton of damage with his Heavy attacks. His Special Attacks each have amazing situational/strategic benefits depending on your opponent and YOUR fighting style(s). His power bar fills quickly and the permanent backfire debuff (Special Attack 3 ability) that he applies to opponents can really pay off in a more lengthy ninja style battle against much higher ranked bots. Avoid using him against bots that can apply a passive or defensive Acid/Bleed/Burn effect though or he will melt ice in a volcano due to his lack of armor & defensive buffs.
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    I reccomend 4* bludgeon...I personally have him
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998

??? Jazz's sig ability has nothing to do with his evade ability. The only thing I can see why you may not like a dupepd Jazz is for the random short stun and getting caught when you dash to attack. But if you play with that in mind, there should be no reason a undupped Jazz is better. Also, Prowl has a similar evade ability for his dash back
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited January 2019
    Bludgeon 4*
    Pah!
    Megatron needs no Bot Chips for 2 Jazzs!

ukd672a6yjog.jpg
    "Suck it, Kabam!"
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    Voltron wrote: »

??? Jazz's sig ability has nothing to do with his evade ability. The only thing I can see why you may not like a dupepd Jazz is for the random short stun and getting caught when you dash to attack. But if you play with that in mind, there should be no reason a undupped Jazz is better. Also, Prowl has a similar evade ability for his dash back

But Prowl still barely evades.
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    I chose Bludgeon because he’s better than the other two, but if you think about it, save up those chips. These bots are all low-level bots.
  • Options
    Bludgeon 4*
    I chose Bludgeon because he’s better than the other two, but if you think about it, save up those chips. These bots are all low-level bots.
    84mnijdmcpav.png
    Yep, definitely low-level.

• Options
    84mnijdmcpav.png
    Yep, definitely low-level.

Kkkkkkk
  • Options
    I already bought bludgeon 4 * and it was worth a lot thanks guys.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Bludgeon 4*
    Just chiming in to say that this is a really interesting poll with fascinating results. I didn’t expect the Jazz love.