Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Kabam, when you are ready to talk...

Comments

• Options
    PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Y'all!! You gotta have faith on this one! I've dropped by a few different threads already to tell you to keep your eyes peeled! Things are coming, things are going to happen! I can't go into direct detail, but I'm truly excited about it all.

Just be frank with me Vydious, should I remain hopeful for my child Warpath or should I get some espresso to minimize my depresso?
  • Options
    Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited February 2019
    You can’t just keep saying things are coming. We need some kind of plan. seems like the players are quitting left and right. If you don’t keep us engaged then there will be no one to share the “update” with. And keep in mind your last two updates where beyond garbage. If you get in front and be forthcoming with the update we can provide feedback before you release more hot garbage.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    Y'all!! You gotta have faith on this one! I've dropped by a few different threads already to tell you to keep your eyes peeled! Things are coming, things are going to happen! I can't go into direct detail, but I'm truly excited about it all.

Thank you so much for coming over to this thread your definitely a true friend @Kabam Vydious this thread was getting out of hand
    I can’t wait to see what you and the Kabam team have been working on 😮
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Tbh i dont even know it myself when it comes to TFTF. I mean i love transformers and i grew up watching them, playing with them and now this game is like a whole new level thing. I personally dont want it to just shut off and be done , i still play it ! and will continue to do so , love this game man...
    you wont believe that in the past i have switched to 3 phones just to play this game at its best, wanted to enjoy every bit of it (may it be glitches XD).
    @Kabam Vydious I cant thank you enough for your support to all of us . some how youre also the reason i'm sticking around with this game and will continue to do so.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    I like that answer.

I know you guys can’t discuss it, just please don’t let your loyal community down.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I'm hoping that there are 3-4 reforged spotlights minimum before there's anything new added, seems like a reasonable estimate considering we don't know what they're potting/scheming
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited February 2019
    @Kabam Vydious @Slayer I'll take your 3 phones and go ALL IN. 😂😁

- Moto Nexus 6
    - Moto Z Play
    - Moto Z
    - Bluboo D1
    - Moto G2
    - Moto G3
    - Moto G4 Turbo
    - Droid Turbo
    - Droid Turbo 2
    - Droid Maxx
    - Droid Maxx 2
    - Moto X Pure
    - Moto Razr Maxx HD
    - Moto Atrix HD
    - Samsung G S4
    - Samsung G S5
    - Samsung G S6
    - iPhone 8
    - Nubia M11
    - Nubia M17 L
    - Nubia M17*
    - Moto C Plus
    - Moto E4 Plus
    - Moto G5 Plus
    - Moto G5S Plus*
    - Moto M*
    - Moto E5 Plus*
    - Pocophone F1*
    - Moto X4*
    - Moto Z2 Play
    - Moto Z2 Force*
    - Moto Z3 Play
    - Motorola ONE*
    - Aipker X5
    - Snakebyte Vyper
    - JXD Singularity
    - iPhone XR*

Next up
    - Moto G7 Power*
    - Moto G7 Plus*

*Purchased to TEST Forged to Fight.
    The evidence in is in Kabam's system logs!
    To help YOU people enjoy my fave franchise!
    Long live my wallet (and patience)

#requirements
  • Options
    You can’t just keep saying things are coming. We need some kind of plan. seems like the players are quitting left and right. If you don’t keep us engaged then there will be no one to share the “update” with. And keep in mind your last two updates where beyond garbage. If you get in front and be forthcoming with the update we can provide feedback before you release more hot garbage.

I'm really sorry that you feel this way, you and others. I understand how frustrating it can be when the last updates were less than what was expected, but as much as we want to share what's going on we just can't yet. As things get closer there will be mentions and drops from both me and the rest of the team. I really want to assure you that there are things coming, but at the end of it, there's gotta be faith on your end. If there isn't, that's okay! We just hope we can win it back as the year progresses. :)

@Kabam Vydious that's your most convincing statement yet.......

I'm still gonna be hard on you :p
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157

See I know there's something big planned. You don't write a script talking about awakening a Titan, then offer specific 5*s in order to "beef up your roster" to just leave it at that. I also notice that t2 mod spark have become easier to obtain, which means 5*s being common they plan on Raids becoming more of a challenge.
    So good on ya Kabam, we have faith.
    Wow I'm already using Australian phrases and have only been here 8 weeks.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    They even have 5*s in the filter for mods.
  • Options
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Wow I'm already using Australian phrases and have only been here 8 weeks.
    You’ll just get used to it more. We are too lazy to say the whole thing so we just shorten it down ahahs
  • Options
    Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited February 2019

I'm really sorry that you feel this way, you and others. I understand how frustrating it can be when the last updates were less than what was expected, but as much as we want to share what's going on we just can't yet. As things get closer there will be mentions and drops from both me and the rest of the team. I really want to assure you that there are things coming, but at the end of it, there's gotta be faith on your end. If there isn't, that's okay! We just hope we can win it back as the year progresses. :)

Ok, I can accept that! I will keep faith in you guys. I love this game, so if you say something big is going to happen I’ll wait for it. It better not be 6*
  • Options
    Six stars will come, just be glad we can forge! In MCOC all your previous investment is tossed in the bin very time a new star is tacked on!
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If they resort to 6* to save the game, then it's beyond saving.
  • Options

Agree for sure, we need new content. I think the Devs know that. I expect a re-launch.

That said, the model points to six stars, and we’ve already seen them in game.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Vavatron wrote: »

Agree for sure, we need new content. I think the Devs know that. I expect a re-launch.

That said, the model points to six stars, and we’ve already seen them in game.

Where have we seen 6* in game?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Base glitch. Miike said they were not coming for a while.
  • Options
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Again, I hate being the pessimist here, but we need to look at Kabam's track record and ask ourselves: If they can't even take the few days needed sit down and change bots out on an AM map that has been out for 10 months, what makes us think they'd do anything else the players have advocated for?

You make a lot of great points, but this one is a normal for Kabam. In MCOC, we had to fight AM Dormmamu and his freaking Degeneration Debuffs for a little more than a year until they finally changed it to Kingpin.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Kabam is extremely retroactive. Not proactive.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Six stars will come, just be glad we can forge! In MCOC all your previous investment is tossed in the bin very time a new star is tacked on!

Same with Earth Wars. I have SO many bots I've never once used, so they just sit idle taking up space
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited February 2019

Same with Earth Wars. I have SO many bots I've never once used, so they just sit idle taking up space

Mucho depressito if 6* are introduced.
    Worked ever so hard to R5 my fave 4* Decepticons.

Also, could you imagine the RESOURCES needed to rank up 6*?!?
  • Options
    BlackRazak wrote: »

At least in the other game, they added new functionality to the 6* champs. Adrenaline, if I recall correctly. If 6* bots are just more powerful, with no additional feature for "wow factor" then it will just drive more people away.
  • Options
    I think forging is what took place of the sp3 minigame and adrenaline mechanics.
  • Options

At least in the other game, they added new functionality to the 6* champs. Adrenaline, if I recall correctly. If 6* bots are just more powerful, with no additional feature for "wow factor" then it will just drive more people away.

I’d rather the S3 power bar like 5 stars have in the other game. I never liked the adrenaline mechanic, too distracting.
  • Options

I’d rather the S3 power bar like 5 stars have in the other game. I never liked the adrenaline mechanic, too distracting.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the s3 mini game
  • Options
    Adrenaline isnt too distracting. If you dont get hit much then you ain't gotta worry about getting it back lol.
  • Options
    I'm thinking something is coming you gave us the right vibe! @Kabam Vydious
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Yeah I'm glad @Kabam Vydious is excited, but I can't help but think the thing he's excited about is something we're not going to be very impressed with.

I don't say that disparagingly, but more because I'm trying to look at the whole picture here (well, as whole as a player can have who isn't in any of the behind-closed-door-meetings at Kabam. But I can say that, at least from the player's standpoint, that financially it makes absolutely zero sense to put any more development into this game, given the increasingly dwindling numbers we're seeing, month after month. I'm very skeptical that Kabam's marketing department would suddenly decide that now, almost 2 months after it's announced there won't be any new bots (and keep in mind they probably knew since at least August that this was the case), but that now was the most strategic of times to unveil their Make TFTF Great Again grand plan that will unleash a new game mode, resume the release of new bots, or any other other items on the playerbase wishlist that are needed to revive and save this game.

If anything, it seems to me that this is the point in the game where desperate damage control comes out to try and make people stick around longer, hence the timing of the mod post makes me skeptical.

I would love for Kabam to surprise us with the aforementioned Make TFTF Great Again Plan and I sincerely hope whatever they have planned will make the game great again, but I wouldn't get my hopes up (and honestly I can't afford to get my hopes up anymore after all the developmental/content creation let-downs of the past 10 months). So, given all that, if I had to guess I'd anticipate seeing more of the take existing content and recycle and spin it into something "new" schtick they've done. Throw in a rewards tweak and boom, TFTF is "great again".

Again, I hate being the pessimist here, but we need to look at Kabam's track record and ask ourselves: If they can't even take the few days needed sit down and change bots out on an AM map that has been out for 10 months, what makes us think they'd do anything else the players have advocated for? (and everything else proposed by players is WAAAAYYYY more significant and time-consuming than taking a few days out to plant some new bots on a map).

Even a few of the items on that wishlist have low re-play value or won't be considered by Kabam for other reasons:

1. Act IV? It's a finite addition that will be completed in days and with no new Spotlights, how will the story progress? Maybe Kabam has a workaround for this, but in the past it's usually been the now defunct Spotlights that have kind of moved a basic, generic story along between the Acts of Story Mode.

2. Chapter 3 of Legends of Cybertron? Another finite thing that can be completed and finished and never touched again. Also very few people are going to spend on a cash cow like a Legends of Cybertron at this point because there's no reassurance coming from Kabam to get players to spend again. Pretty sure Kabam knows this (or at least I hope they do; please don't let the news be the release of Chapter 3 of LOC), so it can't be that either.

In my opinion, the only things that are really going to reassure the players that it's OK to invest in this game again all feel like very pie-in-the-sky/massive re-launch things:

1. The return of releasing new bots/Spotlights
    2. A new game mode
    3. Playable Combiners/Titans with suitable new arena backgrounds for them

All of these translate into development dollars that I'm guessing Kabam doesn't have or isn't willing to invest into a game with a player base that's shrinking rather than growing.

I'll conclude by reiterating again that I'm one of this game's biggest fans (and therefore one of its biggest critics), but even I've conceded to the writing on the wall and that's painful for me to even type. We all had such high hopes for this game because there was nothing else like it out there (and there still isn't; I know, I've looked hard). If you still enjoy playing the game, then enjoy it and play it for what it is now. But what it is now is such a pale shadow of what its true potential could've been. The game feels like a tiny sandbox instead of the open world of possibility that it started out as and it's made the game feel unplayable for me, personally.

At this point the only thing I'm holding out hope for is that they take this same game engine and fight mechanics and re-skin it with a new IP that will be more popular with gamers and therefore have more staying power than TFTF had. I love the Transformers IP just as much as anyone else on here, but I'd be remiss in saying that the other 50% of what has kept me playing this game so long and so faithfully has been the game engine/fight mechanics that TFTF is built on. In a market that's saturated with boring, no-skill, turn-based tap-here-to-attack games, this platform shines like a diamond in the rough because of the challenge it offers and level of skill that's required to master it.

As much as it pains me to say it because of how much I loathe Disney and SJW Marvel right now, I'd actually play a Star Wars or Marvel game if it were built on this 3D engine, that's how much I I think of it. So hopefully they have big plans for the platform itself and that it can be wed to a more popular IP (though Transformers was so ideally suited to this, it was like chocolate and peanut butter).

With all this said, I'm curious to see what the big announcement is. Just in case it really does turn out to be something that is literally game-changing, I'll even have the mustard out and ready to apply it to every word I typed in this post, so I can have something to eat them with when I'm proved wrong. Please prove me wrong, @Kabam Vydious.

You're very good at summarising what we're all thinking, at least with great details😓