Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Kabam, when you are ready to talk...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    The issue I have with the moderator's posts is it's so vague and open ended like a politician answering questions.

Great things are coming? Great how? Like new-game-mode great or now-you-can-watch-six-ads-a-day-for-energon great? Big difference, but still could be great depending on whose opinion or perspective it's coming from.

And coming soon. Soon could be next week, next month, or next year (or two). Well, there is the anniversary coming up so maybe then? It almost feels like this:

ld9h1vjtv8nv.jpg

Well, I do think that they may actually have things in the pipeline for this game, but those only get worked on when an engineer from MCOC has spare time to put in on TFTF. That's why mods can't give more specifics on what's being planned -- they don't know which of these "side" projects will get finished first or when. It fits in with the "As things get closer there will be mentions and drops from both me and the rest of the team" message that's being said. When one of the engineers is getting closer to being finished, that's when they can share some info with us.

Seems like they may have learned from that whole 7.0 update debacle. A lot of hype went into that one, even an item calendar leading up to its release, only for it to be more 5 star bots added to the pool and some reward updates for existing game modes. I wonder if there were really great things planned for that update, but never made it in because engineers were pulled to do more work on MCOC instead. Pie in the face for all the moderators who were touting that update.

However, all that being said, I am glad that Kabam Vydious has been a lot more active in the forums even if it's just general chit chat or these types of "announcements." I think I would probably take this over nothing at all.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    I know it’s not the meme thread... but @Kabam Vydious we’re all trying very hard.

2qa9cj08hg5b.jpeg

What I’m hearing from the community is that you guys need to over-deliver!
  • Options
    So if I say I’m hoping for the best, but not holding my breath, which one would I be? :D
  • Options
    @Darm0k 7.0 wouldnt be a total failure, if they just released everything that followed at once. T3 daily, 4* tact bee (who should be added to regular crystals), stuff like that is all good, just too spread out that 7.0 launch seemed like a fish slap at the time.
  • Options
    @Darm0k 7.0 wouldnt be a total failure, if they just released everything that followed at once. T3 daily, 4* tact bee (who should be added to regular crystals), stuff like that is all good, just too spread out that 7.0 launch seemed like a fish slap at the time.

Ahh, okay. I guess I can get that.
    Vavatron wrote: »

lol
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Based on last April and the upset they have seen lately over the stagnation of the game, I feel they're gonna wow us. I kinda think the vagueness is partly to build excitement, partly to ensure everything they're trying to do works as it should. I'd imagine that there have been ideas brought to the table they couldn't quite make work and had to deep 6 them, and if they had jumped the gun and announced "we're bringing ______ to the table and turned out it produced a game breaking bug, the fallout would be bad.
    I have faith.
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited February 2019
    Someone already gave the politician analogy and I feel it is very fitting. If the mods are only casually playing tftf, then what excites them may be underwhelming for us dedicated players. It may be that the mods and the decision makers at kabam are just out of touch with their customers, the way politicians are.

Even with that, I will keep playing to see what's in store.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Hard to be an Optimist Prime when you’ve been let down over and over...

I’ll just stick to being a Realistic Primal or maybe an Ultra Pragmatist.

Don't like Autobots.
    So I'm rather MegaNon-Plussed
  • Options
    I’ll never stop playing this game. Im not going to say I’ll quit/uninstall the game because I know I’ll come right back after a day or two 😅
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Someone already gave the politician analogy and I feel it is very fitting. If the mods are only casually playing tftf, then what excites them may be underwhelming for us dedicated players. It may be that the mods and the decision makers at kabam are just out of touch with their customers, the way politicians are.

All we the players want is just a little ranch dressing.
  • Options
    Synthwave wrote: »

All we the players want is just a little ranch dressing.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    The update will probably consist of a REFORGED arena, raids, and daily missions. Oh yeah, they'll maybe fully fix Primal's S2.

And switch back to day time when viewing and raiding bases.
  • Options
    @kabam need to overdeliver. All stop. Otherwise, I think there will be unreconcilable differences with the player base.

Any talk of winning us back would be foolhardy. They already need to win most of us back.
  • Options
    You can’t just keep saying things are coming. We need some kind of plan. seems like the players are quitting left and right. If you don’t keep us engaged then there will be no one to share the “update” with. And keep in mind your last two updates where beyond garbage. If you get in front and be forthcoming with the update we can provide feedback before you release more hot garbage.

I'm really sorry that you feel this way, you and others. I understand how frustrating it can be when the last updates were less than what was expected, but as much as we want to share what's going on we just can't yet. As things get closer there will be mentions and drops from both me and the rest of the team. I really want to assure you that there are things coming, but at the end of it, there's gotta be faith on your end. If there isn't, that's okay! We just hope we can win it back as the year progresses. :)

Letting us know where the game is headed would be a great start to winning gamers interest back. We wouldn’t keep asking if we didn’t want tftf to do well. A reason why there are no new bots. what the plan is after reforged missions (hope we don’t have to run through them all, I’m kinda done with them already). much needed buffs to balance bots, since at the time of the 1st buff, it was said that was to keep the roster balanced and every bot to have a purpose and keep everything balanced. I hope that hasn’t went out the window as there are many who need a buff to stay relevant after the most recent new bots. A new AM map, god knows how long we’ve had the same one. I don’t mean difficulty, although some do need a step up as we’ve seen, but a new lineup to face. AM cheetor will haunt me for years at this rate. Even a new splash screen, it’s been the same for nearly a year now.

I love the game and this forum is great and all, but please see it from our perspective. With the reasons I’ve listed among what others have said, you can see why we feel like the game has been neglected for mcoc. Look at what that game is getting. Copy and paste with a rename =new content for us. Exactly what we’ve been craving for months.

I hope this helps in addressing concerns @Kabam Vydious
  • Options
    You can’t just keep saying things are coming. We need some kind of plan. seems like the players are quitting left and right. If you don’t keep us engaged then there will be no one to share the “update” with. And keep in mind your last two updates where beyond garbage. If you get in front and be forthcoming with the update we can provide feedback before you release more hot garbage.

I'm really sorry that you feel this way, you and others. I understand how frustrating it can be when the last updates were less than what was expected, but as much as we want to share what's going on we just can't yet. As things get closer there will be mentions and drops from both me and the rest of the team. I really want to assure you that there are things coming, but at the end of it, there's gotta be faith on your end. If there isn't, that's okay! We just hope we can win it back as the year progresses. :)

Letting us know where the game is headed would be a great start to winning gamers interest back. We wouldn’t keep asking if we didn’t want tftf to do well. A reason why there are no new bots. what the plan is after reforged missions (hope we don’t have to run through them all, I’m kinda done with them already). much needed buffs to balance bots, since at the time of the 1st buff, it was said that was to keep the roster balanced and every bot to have a purpose and keep everything balanced. I hope that hasn’t went out the window as there are many who need a buff to stay relevant after the most recent new bots. A new AM map, god knows how long we’ve had the same one. I don’t mean difficulty, although some do need a step up as we’ve seen, but a new lineup to face. AM cheetor will haunt me for years at this rate. Even a new splash screen, it’s been the same for nearly a year now.

I love the game and this forum is great and all, but please see it from our perspective. With the reasons I’ve listed among what others have said, you can see why we feel like the game has been neglected for mcoc. Look at what that game is getting. Copy and paste with a rename =new content for us. Exactly what we’ve been craving for months.

I have never heard a better explanation for what the players want and their perspective
  • Options

I have never heard a better explanation for what the players want and their perspective

Only want what’s best for the game is all. New content and clarity. It’s an easy fix. I’d even forgo new bots for a while if we were getting the valentines event, captain marvel style events mcoc is getting just now. If I can come up with this as I go along, why is it so difficult for the same team to implement the same decisions elsewhere?

I honestly wouldn’t care if this game just copy and pasted mcoc, to be honest the superior mechanics of this game would keep me here. It was the same idea. Why not copy it further? Give us the same love that game gets and maybe this community would thrive just as much as mcoc’s does. Surely kabam doesn’t want their own business to do poorly, just copy a successful template and boom, successful game.

Seems like an easy business and encouraging decision to make. Take mcoc’s success, plant it here. Why not?
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019

Only want what’s best for the game is all. New content and clarity. It’s an easy fix. I’d even forgo new bots for a while if we were getting the valentines event, captain marvel style events mcoc is getting just now. If I can come up with this as I go along, why is it so difficult for the same team to implement the same decisions elsewhere?

I honestly wouldn’t care if this game just copy and pasted mcoc, to be honest the superior mechanics of this game would keep me here. It was the same idea. Why not copy it further? Give us the same love that game gets and maybe this community would thrive just as much as mcoc’s does. Surely kabam doesn’t want their own business to do poorly, just copy a successful template and boom, successful game.

Seems like an easy business and encouraging decision to make. Take mcoc’s success, plant it here. Why not?

I agree my love for Transformers is much better than Marvel Super Hero’s
    If I was a worker or owner of Kabam I would be focusing on the worlds top toy brand Transformers
  • Options
    Jazz444 wrote: »

I agree my love for Transformers is much better than Marvel Super Hero’s
    If I was a worker or owner of Kabam I would be focusing on the worlds top toy brand Transformers

Absolutely!
    Better fight mechanics, more balanced roster, a (previously) healthy and intriguing storyline, variety in arena’s, this game has it all to continue and expand. And the transformations on the bot info page are fantastically well done. The game just needs more at this point, and a refresh in certain areas. It’s not that much to ask.

I would’ve liked to hear from a mod at this point. No more dodging the subject. Any answers to the questions asked and points raised?equality, Clarity and transparency are key points involving trust and willingness. It doesn’t matter how much you like something or have an interest in something if you are visibly made to feel like the ‘other game’, a side project, if you will.

This isn’t difficult to fix. Equality, Clarity and transparency is all we ask. Whatever the reason we’re not getting new bots (still think it’s licensing issues, regardless of the ‘buff up your roster by doing old stuff!’ Reason we were given) it can be dealt with, by being up front with us. I among others have been upfront, blatant and persistent in what and why we ask questions. It’s kabam’s turn to do us a favour and take their heads out the sand on the matter. Sorry but I’m not letting this one go unanswered @Kabam Vydious you’ve popped into this thread already, you’ve seen that we have issues we’ve raised multiple times. Please answer us and put us out of our misery already.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Seeing Miike more often has lifted my spirits, and Shark week will definitely be a welcome distraction!

April will be here before we know it!
  • Options
    I just hope that the "upcoming content" that the mods are excited for is something beyond Shark Week and not Shark Week itself because, while Shark Week is great, I still want actual new content.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Unless the S-1000 has some miraculous boost for forging, I’m not that excited about him. My 4* sharks are just waiting around, wondering when it will be worth it to throw them into a 5* bot and get some 5* bot shards? No point getting 5* sharks cos no 6* bots to throw them into anyway.
  • Options
    @Faithz17 my thoughts exactly.

That said, the collector in me wants him as a trophy.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Rofl I don’t need to collect all bots. I’m happy sticking with the few bots I have. I don’t have Megatronus, wheeljack, scorponok, scout bee, tact bee and so many others. I throw all 2*, 3*, 4* bots for forging and don’t bother using them at all. I had duped tact bee 4* but he went into my 5* OP. I had scout bee too, but if he isn’t 5*, there’s nothing to save him from being forge food. Just waiting for decent returns on 4* sharks to forge them off.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Unless the S-1000 has some miraculous boost for forging, I’m not that excited about him. My 4* sharks are just waiting around, wondering when it will be worth it to throw them into a 5* bot and get some 5* bot shards? No point getting 5* sharks cos no 6* bots to throw them into anyway.

i think someone posted saying that forged 4* sharks gives your 4* shark shards