Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Some serious issues with leveling up bots and raids must be addressed!

13»

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @DreamBliss hey man, there's light at the end of the tunnel.
    I'm a complete Muppet at raids today, lost 4 in a row. And immediately thought of you.

My worst run ever.
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    edited March 2019
    You can do better, and you will. Don't beat yourself up, don't give up. Take a break if you need it then come back. Here are some tips that may help you:

So I thought I might start a thread/tutorial about raiding to help folks like me that are not ninja or master players. Off the top of my head I can say that having a 5 star bot has helped insure victory for me on most of my raids, when I am not so stupid as to start a raid without him.

As far as defense, only a few brave souls, and those aforementioned ninjas and masters, ever attempt to raid my base with my 4 star awakened and almost fully leveled up 1,900+ level Megatonus at the first position.

So my advice? Get the baddest, scariest bot that everyone complains about the most, at the highest star level possible, and awakened if possible (you can earn an awakening program, check your monthly goals), and plant that bad boy right at the first position on your base. Then start raiding, but only when the bots are the same level or lower than your raiding team, preferably much lower.

If you have a 4 or 5 star tank type bot that is easily 500 or more over the top bot at the base you want to raid, keep him in reserve, use your next highest bots first, unless your tank has the class advantage. Most folks like to plant their best bots near the flag, so you will want your tank to deal with that.

I know others have stated here that you should easily be able to take on 10,000 or 20,000 bases, but I disagree. That's for ninjas and masters, not grunts like me and presumably you. So if your raiding party has a 2,000+ tank and a couple of 1,200s, you can easily handle things up to 8,000, but always check the top bot to avoid surprises, because you could end up on a base with a single 8,000+ level bot on defense, or a couple of 4,000+, and nobody wants that.

If you are trying to take on bots that are more than 500 above the level of your best bots, you are setting yourself up for failure. Try to raid no higher than 200 (top bot) above the level of your lowest level raiding bots, and if you your bots are much higher, so much the better.

Also remember, you can set the bots on autopilot, yet still control when they execute their specials. I use this trick all the time. I get too stressed trying to duke it out. So I just let my bots do their thing, and right at the end of their chain of attacks, I click the special button, and most opponents go down FAST and HARD.

Last thing... Learn to swallow your pride! If you are down 2 bots by the second or third position of a base you are raiding, you are not likely to win, unless you have a tank bot you have been holding back (tank being defined as a bot that is at a level of 1,000 or more above the rest of your raiding bots.) So just quit and take the insulting, "You Failed" message. You will loose medals, maybe raid chips, but you will keep your sanity and your phone will stay in one piece.

And don't waste your energon on revives or healing. You have to do raids without items, or you will never have the energon you will need later for other things. I learned that one the hard way.

I hope this helps you (and others) out.
  • In all honesty, it is possible to still win with a bot that has 5% life left. It just has to be "perfect", which is achievable (that is not impossible).

Both base defense and bot roster are continual improvements for each player. Playing the game whether is offense or defense is also continual improvement processes.

The raid pairing system is so screwed up. When I see bases with under 300 or under 800, maybe 1-2 bots; the question is "what the ---k?" It's a waste of a raid ticket.
    edited March 2019
    @DreamBliss i was trying to cheer YOU up.
    10 months stats aren't TOO BAD
    7wk1aw9i1lai.png
    But your post was well meaning, thus appreciated
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    If you are trying to take on bots that are more than 500 above the level of your best bots, you are setting yourself up for failure. Try to raid no higher than 200 (top bot) above the level of your lowest level raiding bots, and if you your bots are much higher, so much the better.

Eh seriously bot rating doesn’t matter. There’s no such thing as setting yourself for failure if the other bot is 500 above your best bots. It doesn’t matter. Even the autofight can win such fights. You should aim to defeat bots twice your rating, then thrice, and more and more.

7hr1zsk9ibtu.png

I hope no one takes your “advice”. If they do, they will never improve.
    edited March 2019
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Eh seriously bot rating doesn’t matter. There’s no such thing as setting yourself for failure if the other bot is 500 above your best bots. It doesn’t matter. Even the autofight can win such fights. You should aim to defeat bots twice your rating, then thrice, and more and more.

7hr1zsk9ibtu.png

I hope no one takes your “advice”. If they do, they will never improve.

I notice you are showing examples of bots at level 2,000+. Well I was speaking from my personal experience of having most of my bots between 300 and 1,300. You go ahead and autofight a bot at 3,900, IN A RAID, when your bot is 1,300, and good luck! Every time I have, I have lost!

The best I have every done is defeat bots around 1,500 - 1,800 with my 1,300 bots. I did try a bot somewhere around 2,400 once on a raid, and got my arse handed to me, on auto! So everything I have stated is based on my experience, with auto, on raids.

I think it's different in arenas or on missions - I think you are showing an ARENA matchup. Read my post more carefully, I was speaking of RAIDS!

Also @BlackRazak, those are pretty impressive stats! You have to be at least at a master level by now. So how did you end up loosing so many raids, if I may ask?
    edited March 2019
    @DreamBliss at YOUR LEVEL, why are you even DOING AUTO FIGHTS.
    This is supposed to be your LEARNING CURVE.
    Time for you to practice, and others have mentioned, 'Get Gud'.

I've taken down 1300Pi Blaster 4* with a 240Pi 3* Shockwave. Unexpected, as he was my sandbag in arenas.
    So i used that as a yardstick to measure skill development.
    Now it's a fairly regularly occurrence, using (550 Pi each) 4* shark squad for streak 15+ in arenas to take down hard matchups of 2500Pi/bot.
    At this stage it's me training for Master/RotK.

Why are even playing if you only fancy easy fights?

epghwtgj6aol.png
    There was nothing in your original post stating it was based on autofights. For sure, yes if you use 1300 bot against 3900 bot in autofight, you will die tragically.

Not sure if you have noticed, but using 1000 bot to fight 5000 bot is the same as using 2000 bot to fight 10000 bot.
    @DreamBliss i ended up losing 5 raids in a row, due to:
    12K Megatronus + RR
    9K WJ+HA + 8K Tronus+RR
    Overconfidence
    Crashes
    11K Tronus+RR + 10K Nanojack
    edited March 2019
    Whoop dee doo
    Bang on form
    24 raid wins in a row.
    Too bad i get raided 4-5 times/3 hour!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I have beaten a 5000 power bot with a 2000 power bot before...your arguement is invalid
    Skill over power my friend! That's all you need!
    @DreamBliss and by the way autoplay sucks! It is often worse than the CPU...it's that bad
    @DreamBliss check out one of the guys in @Faithz17 alliance.
    The fella took down 70K ROK Mixmaster with ONE 2800PI 4* Mirage (Faith, if you're listening, please repost here).
    Now that's what you should aim for.
    I'm no mug, but have issues taking on a 70K squad, as do most players here.
    So we all can marvel at the vid, and learn a thing or 2 or 10.
    That video is in the YouTube links thread but sadly he has retired over a year ago. Many players have gotten bored and retired cos they were really good and the game became too easy for them. One cleared ROK with 1 R5 4* (IH) and rest R4 4* bots (no Rat) without using energon. Another used to clear master spotlight using only 1 R5 4* OG OP for the entire path, without any Rat synergy.
    edited March 2019
    Well I appreciate your feedback, and thank you for your reply @BlackRazak. Yeah, I am trying to get a Megatronus killer leveled up. Using Rhinox for now. So I understand how a 12K Megatronus might be an issue.

As far as, "gettiing gud" I don't care. I am not into this game, I don't particularity like it. Mostly I am playing it as a way to connect with my cousins and also to work on my anger issues. I have no interest in taking the time to grind my way to the point, about 2 years from now, where I could take a 500 level bot and destroy any 5000 level bot. I probably won't even be playing the game a few months from now.

Also I have only been able to win my raids due to the autofight. If I tried to do it myself I would never get anywhere. I guess I am worse than I thought. Because my bots can come out of a raid fight and still have between 50-70% off their health. Under my control, no autofight, I am either KO'd or 10-30%. I am trying to move around and dodge, so I am paying attention to all your suggestions.

I find the game to be frustrating and tedious. I am really only still playing it for the reasons I stated, and because I have a stubborn streak the depth of the Grand Canyon.
    @DreamBliss no worries man.
    The whole point is to have fun.
    Screw what the salty know-it-alls have to say.
    If you're having fun, that's the what GAMES are for. That's what's most important.
    Progress as slow or as fast as you like!

Me: i hate Autobots, so don't level up any unless 100% necessary.
    So what if my team is underpowered.
    The more satisfying it is to crush Autobot bases of a high ranking.
    Well I appreciate your feedback, and thank you for your reply @BlackRazak. Yeah, I am trying to get a Megatronus killer leveled up. Using Rhinox for now. So I understand how a 12K Megatronus might be an issue.

As far as, "gettiing gud" I don't care. I am not into this game, I don't particularity like it. Mostly I am playing it as a way to connect with my cousins and also to work on my anger issues. I have no interest in taking the time to grind my way to the point, about 2 years from now, where I could take a 500 level bot and destroy any 5000 level bot. I probably won't even be playing the game a few months from now.

Also I have only been able to win my raids due to the autofight. If I tried to do it myself I would never get anywhere. I guess I am worse than I thought. Because my bots can come out of a raid fight and still have between 50-70% off their health. Under my control, no autofight, I am either KO'd or 10-30%. I am trying to move around and dodge, so I am paying attention to all your suggestions.

I find the game to be frustrating and tedious. I am really only still playing it for the reasons I stated, and because I have a stubborn streak the depth of the Grand Canyon.

If you want combat tips I can make a thread about it @DreamBliss I'd be happy to help...I'm probably gonna make a thread about it anyway...like...RIGHT NOW!