Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Some serious issues with leveling up bots and raids must be addressed!

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Maybe post a pic of your roster.
    Pros here will help.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited March 2019
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Another tip is you can set arena matches to let the "auto pilot" play, you can study the "auto pilot" player and the opponent. I finally learned to pull back and sidestep. I have not learned how to block.

yeah mate, the auto fight AI is dreadful. Don't copy that

I use auto all the time in arena AND raids. Less chance of getting angry and breaking another phone if I distance myself this way, and it's the only way I can win raids.

are you a gamer by nature? Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like it sounds as though you just don't understand the fundamentals of the game, i.e. the bot movement, controls, combos and how to dodge and evade...

It felt very natural to me, in that I could see where I was going wrong so I just tried my best to change it. You've obviously picked up on an odd counter mechanic in your 4 hit double dash back, but it wont work all the time. The game mechanics are very much on reacting and positioning yourself to be able to counter attack and doing that by trying to tempt the AI with your actions and positioning

edit: worth noting I came from MCOC so already had experience, but still there are fundamentals like knowing how to dodge and evade and when to block, rather than just being rigid with your style
  • DreamBliss wrote: »
    Another tip is you can set arena matches to let the "auto pilot" play, you can study the "auto pilot" player and the opponent. I finally learned to pull back and sidestep. I have not learned how to block.

I use auto all the time in arena AND raids. Less chance of getting angry and breaking another phone if I distance myself this way, and it's the only way I can win raids.

If you use auto, you can manual override to disengage or engage the auto. If the auto hits opponent by 2nd or 3rd hit if opponent is not blocking. I usually disengage it for about two seconds to throw in a heavy and then engage auto again. Sometime auto is terrible and drags on the fight. Not sure if you disengage and engage auto during the fight?; it may help you cut down the time of each round.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    For me the blocking is easier than the sidestepping. Fits better with my style too.

You should work on learning to dodge attacks from the AI. You’ll eventually get to a level where it’s better to dodge since even blocking drains a big chunk of health.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Man if you can duck and Dodge opponents long enough to run a raid timer out you're doing pretty well.
    The hardest pattern for me.to break is being deliberate with my movements and only popping off 2 ranged shots at a time instead of 3. Of you miss 2 you can still counter, of you miss 3 they counter you.
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107

If you use auto, you can manual override to disengage or engage the auto. If the auto hits opponent by 2nd or 3rd hit if opponent is not blocking. I usually disengage it for about two seconds to throw in a heavy and then engage auto again. Sometime auto is terrible and drags on the fight. Not sure if you disengage and engage auto during the fight?; it may help you cut down the time of each round.

Yes I do.
    are you a gamer by nature? Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like it sounds as though you just don't understand the fundamentals of the game, i.e. the bot movement, controls, combos and how to dodge and evade...

It felt very natural to me, in that I could see where I was going wrong so I just tried my best to change it. You've obviously picked up on an odd counter mechanic in your 4 hit double dash back, but it wont work all the time. The game mechanics are very much on reacting and positioning yourself to be able to counter attack and doing that by trying to tempt the AI with your actions and positioning

edit: worth noting I came from MCOC so already had experience, but still there are fundamentals like knowing how to dodge and evade and when to block, rather than just being rigid with your style

I have been playing video games since 1999. But no, I am not a natural gamer. By that I mean I was never effortlessly or naturally good at anything I played. Well maybe I was good for a while at Extreme G2. And perhaps you could say I'm good at Final Fantasy-like RPGs.

I don't understand your comment about jumping back. I have been watching iNightSkies and he does it all the time. Usually in conjunction with a sidestep. It is about positioning, correct?

I admit my understanding of some of this games mechanics is poor. I am still looking for a video that will teach me whatever it is I am missing.
    OK folks, so going off-subject a little... Is there a manual or video tutorial somewhere that goes over all these fine points? Like dodging, like only doing 2 ranged so you can counter, detailing specs like Crit Rate and how that affects things, etc.? Let's call it a step-by-step guide to basic fighting, followed by intermediate, followed by advanced. A TFIF complete guide to combat. Anything around?
    OK folks, so going off-subject a little... Is there a manual or video tutorial somewhere that goes over all these fine points? Like dodging, like only doing 2 ranged so you can counter, detailing specs like Crit Rate and how that affects things, etc.? Let's call it a step-by-step guide to basic fighting, followed by intermediate, followed by advanced. A TFIF complete guide to combat. Anything around?

You wont find a tutorial because the AI reacts very differently at different levels and in different game modes. It also feels a lot like intuition and anticipation, as well as knowing each bots moves - i.e which bots have a ranged heavy and which are melee, so you know whether to sidestep or dash back if they launch a heavy. You know that if you are at a range distance, be ready to sidestep the imminent ranged attack and fire off two of your own if you're against a ranged bot, but if you're against a bot like Motormaster, Primal, Grindor, MV1, they're probably going to dash in so you need to be ready to time the sidestep and counter with a combo.

It may look like people will have ways of fighting, but I think it is more that people have set ways of attacking and the rest is them reacting to what they see. If you land a full combo, you have to dash back or block because at the end of your combo the AI will inevitably get the next hit due to the cooldown. Similarly if you get hit with a full combo by the AI, you can usually land your own back on them, up until 3.2 expert or Master mode. Seems like there is a lot of timings that people learn and it comes second nature - like if you miss 3 ranged shots then you can be countered but if they block all 3 ranged shots then you are ok - useful if you are playing Mirage for example and trying to power drain them. Lots of nuances that you will pick up and it becomes almost muscle memory
    Summary of 99% of help here:
    PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
    Also @DreamBliss check out that thread where people who've been playing for months, years, etc. post their winningest squad.
    Ain't easy, and YMMV
    @BlackRazak you're absolutely caning that YMMV to death yano

Mang, this whole game is dictated by YMMV.
    Ok
    Your Experience May Be Different
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Mang, this whole game is dictated by YMMV.
    Ok
    Your Experience May Be Different

I had to Google it. I was most displeased.
    edited March 2019
    Well I think I figured out a solution to the raiding problem... I just planted my 4-star Megatronus on the first position of my base, paired for now with a Resource Mod, maybe Harm Accelerator later. He is at 1,400 right now, and I will focus on leveling him up to as near to 2,000 as I can.

The way I see it this is cheaper than raid shields, and it will block about 90% of potential raiders. It won't do much to the ninjas, those who have mastered the game, but then again, nothing I could throw up except a shield would stop them anyway.

But it will make revengers think twice about attacking, and anyone who is not a master or ninja will get their arse handed to them. And I get to save some energon.

The game took a turn for the better for me today, so maybe I will stick with it. I may not be a very good player, but if I have good enough bots, maybe I can keep going. I just pulled my first 5-star today and got Cheetor, who starts at 1,500 something. So I will level him up and take him on my raids - see what happens.

I also got a 4-star Barricade. My top bots are Cheetor, Megatronus, a 4-star Bumblebee, a 4-star Hot Rod, a 3-star awakened Jetfire, and a 3-star awakened + 4-star unawakened Jazz. Also a 4-star Ratchett. All of these 4-stars are ready for their 3rd level up when I have the materials, and are sitting around 1,200. Trying to get all my 4-stars to the top of the list. Have 3-star awakened paired with 3-star unawakened mods for my base defense.

I mention this only because it was asked for a couple of times. Also in reference to the poster who mentioned forging... I am constantly forging my 2-stars and 1-stars into their next tier. Keeping all 3-stars for now, because if you get dups you get ore. Doing the same for the 2-star sharkticons from the arena, until these arenas are over then I will fold them in to the 3-star sharkticons, and will move them towards the top. Would be cool to try a 3 Sharkticon raid!
    edited March 2019
    @DreamBliss forge the maxed out 2* into your 4*.
    Not 3*.
    Waste of time and resources otherwise.

Focus on Cheetor 5* (R1, 2500PI), 4* Ratchet (R3, 1900PI), 4* Barricade (R3, 1900PI) and 4* Hotrod (R3, 1900PI).
    Oh, level up Megatronus as best you can.
    Later this month, level up 4* Scorponok.

Why Barricade? He's easier to use at your level compared to Jazz, and his backfire/steal ability might save you a couple a times.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited March 2019
    You should maybe forget about the raids for a while, and focus on doing spotlight and daily missions to get the material to rank up your bots.

Raids defence is useless, unless you're aiming for the the 40k defence achievement, which shouldn't be the case right now.

If you still want to do raids, maybe change your fighting style. The fact you reach the timeout sometimes/often let me think that 1/ your phone and/or network are pretty bad and you have too much loading time 2/you play way too defensive : with a 7k team you should be able to rush in a 20k base in 5 to 10min. Don't forget you only have 5 bots to defeat, that's less than 2 per bot. You don't care too much to be hurt. Just rush into the bots with combos + heavy or special, corner them, escape their sp1 if needed, but most of the time, at this level, and except when on RR mod, you will kill them even before they fire sp3...

Oh, and if you are not playing arena too much, you should maybe forge everything in your best / preferred 4* and 5*. It will give you ore, gold, 4 and 5* shards,... And a team of 5 bots, good enough to explore expert, and complete master.
    And then you can start again ranking up new bots...
    (Did this on a second account I created a few months ago)
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    @DreamBliss try searching for “JIMMYSAB|BEA5TMODE” on the LINE app. I couldn’t find you under DreamBliss either.

You asked about my comment around “walking forward” — if you do a step back and then don’t touch the screen at all, you will notice your bot walks forward. This maneuver is what I was referencing. Also, if I wasn’t clear before, blocking is bad. No matter how much you struggle to side step/back step or just dance around you must keep trying. It’s fundamental to getting better.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    @DreamBliss if you are looking for advice below is a link to YouTuber inightskies aka @Inqosly he does various missions etc. he has some tutorials on there but you can just watch his fighting style and play and that will help you. Feel free to add me on LINE at Bofad if you need any advice

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCML03UG7b0nZZQMzs6Sb4Ww
    BOFAD wrote: »
    @DreamBliss if you are looking for advice below is a link to YouTuber inightskies aka @Inqosly he does various missions etc. he has some tutorials on there but you can just watch his fighting style and play and that will help you. Feel free to add me on LINE at Bofad if you need any advice

☝️This here.

Also, the guy in this channel too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSzafuncWG7zEUSyF783hJg

Only if he’d upload more fights. 😉
    edited March 2019
    OK, I figured out what I was doing wrong in LineApp... You have to go to Add Friends and THEN search, the other search is only for your current stuff, not for adding new friends. So Bodad and JIMMYSAB, you are added. Thank you. Shout out to my cousin too, as he told me to install LineApp. I guess a lot of people use it!

Worked like a charm!
    2jbjnjre157q.png

This user took the Raid, I assume set eyes on my then 1,400 or so Megatronus (now closer to 1,600 and I will soon level), then left! LOL!

So I got two raids and did them. Cheetor cut through my 1,000+ opponents like a hot knife through butter. I wonder if they will revenge? This will certainly be interesting!

I will continue the raids. I want to make it to 1,000 medals, get that achievement, and THEN I want to have 1,500 or so so all the stuff in the store is unlocked. There is a certain item I wish to buy...

For the recent poster talking about raids - I raid all the time, to about 100,000 when there is good stuff, like these Sharkticons. The Triple Threat however doesn't offer much, in my opinion. Not at the low levels anyway. I have made to to 160,000 only once.

Also I now have a 4* Scout Sharkticon and I used my raid chips I have been saving for the 4* Ironhide I had my eye on. So I will level these and Barricade up, after I get my Megatronus as close to 2,000 as possible.

Thank you for the links. I am studying iNightSkies. Will check out Bofad as well.
    Revenge doesn't work mate. It just matches you with a similar medal count every now and then. I regularly get the same people
  • @DaveJL what do you mean revenge doesn’t work?
    @DaveJL what do you mean revenge doesn’t work?

Not sure how else to phrase it mate, but for the vast, vast majority of people when they try and revenge it has never worked.
    Not 3*.

Question... As I understand you get the max benefit from forging the previous teir. So I have been forging 1* into my 2* bots, then the forged 2* into my 3* bots. You seem to be saying I should just forge my 1* and 2* directly into my 4*. Could you clarify?

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Not 3*.

Question... As I understand you get the max benefit from forging the previous teir. So I have been forging 1* into my 2* bots, then the forged 2* into my 3* bots. You seem to be saying I should just forge my 1* and 2* directly into my 4*. Could you clarify?

The max benefit only if the receiving bot is the same bot and even then it’s a 1 time step. Example, forging 3* Hound into 4* Hound will increase his forge capacity from 75 to 100. Remember that forge value carries forward no matter what type of bot it goes into. You don’t have to hit each bot tier to maximize it.
  • @DaveJL It’s just people using raid shields. You have to persistently check after the 4 and 12 hour interval marks to see if they reupped their shield or are ready for attack.

7j0gg467xiqm.png
    oqhdrgloe3vz.png
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    @DaveJL It’s just people using raid shields. You have to persistently check after the 4 and 12 hour interval marks to see if they reupped their shield or are ready for attack.

7j0gg467xiqm.png
    oqhdrgloe3vz.png

It's not raid shield. You just lucky to be able to revenge.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Darm0k wrote: »

☝️This here.

Also, the guy in this channel too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSzafuncWG7zEUSyF783hJg

Only if he’d upload more fights. 😉

LOL Thanks I do need to post more I am horrible about posting on youtube. I do absolutely no commentary either because it would have too many cuss words or me screaming.
    LOL Thanks I do need to post more I am horrible about posting on youtube. I do absolutely no commentary either because it would have too many cuss words or me screaming.

Haha.

Inqosly does a surprisingly good job at keeping it PG.